Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
Height: TRUMP
Weight: TRUMP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Phosphine posted:

I don't understand why the booking would use self-reported propaganda numbers. If height and weight are somehow relevant to taking a mugshot, clearly you'd need to actually measure them instead of relying on the criminal to be truthful?

It's not a problem because lying to the jail is against the law.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Phosphine posted:

I don't understand why the booking would use self-reported propaganda numbers. If height and weight are somehow relevant to taking a mugshot, clearly you'd need to actually measure them instead of relying on the criminal to be truthful?

They don't let every person they book self report height and weight. Donald Trump gets special treatment.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

Inceltown posted:

It's the new twitter. The one they're trying to build without nazis.

Which was co-founded by former Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey who loves everything Elon is doing and the CEO, Jay Graber who worked on an anonymous cryptocurrency to better buy/sell drugs and CSAM.
Things are definitely going to be different though, trust me.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Plus Twitter had its nazi problem because of Dorsey.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Is bluesky the one with "instances" where only some of them are full of nazis and pedophiles and this is somehow good? Or is that the other wannabe twitter.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Biplane posted:

Is bluesky the one with "instances" where only some of them are full of nazis and pedophiles and this is somehow good? Or is that the other wannabe twitter.

I think that's mastadon.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Biplane posted:

That’s mastodon. This is the other one

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Note though that blue sky apparently wants to eventually move towards decentralization a la mastodon iirc.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/Squibbus/status/1694960505159369169

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Catwoman, Mr Freeze, Two-Face
Poison Ivy, Penguin, ???
???, Riddler, Harley Quinn

Who are the two I couldn't identify?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

King Tut and I assume Ra's Al Ghul. Though if you ask me they're all Ghuls.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/IamHappyToast/status/1694867491372040522

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/ExileGrimm/status/1695069803789099220?s=20

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://bsky.app/profile/anarchonion.bsky.social/post/3k5rv62ym6x2u

Edit: apparently they don't embed.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Also a quick note that currently there are no plans indicated that the forums will embed bluesky posts. Wrt threads, it's a hard "no"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Twitters not going anywhere until all the journalists, celebrities, sports reporters, and politicians all en masse and as one decide to exclusively use another platform. You can judge for yourself when that is likely to happen.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Also a quick note that currently there are no plans indicated that the forums will embed bluesky posts. Wrt threads, it's a hard "no"

bluesky isn't open to the public yet, so even if it could embed - only people with bluesky accounts would be able to see it. idk when they plan to open up to everyone, figure they're trying to make sure it won't die immediately

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

`Nemesis posted:

bluesky isn't open to the public yet, so even if it could embed - only people with bluesky accounts would be able to see it. idk when they plan to open up to everyone, figure they're trying to make sure it won't die immediately
I expect there's many business development conversations happening now that Twitter is floundering but Bluesky was never meant to be open to the public. It's a beta testing instance of one technical framework for posting in a confederated manner like Mastodon that they could perfect the technical underpinnings then license to someone else to do the hard parts of scaling social media like moderation and legal enforcement.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

`Nemesis posted:

Bluesky invites are increasing exponentially as every new user starts getting their own invites a week later (they seem to have upped the frequency from biweekly to weekly). It won't be long before everyone who wants an invite can easily get one, at which point they might as well open up.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Oh ty. I didn't think about it not even displaying for people without invites. I'll just screenshot going forward.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1694459472750543231

lol settle down Mongo

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/No_Context_JTC/status/1695084233893589447?s=20

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

zedprime posted:

I expect there's many business development conversations happening now that Twitter is floundering but Bluesky was never meant to be open to the public. It's a beta testing instance of one technical framework for posting in a confederated manner like Mastodon that they could perfect the technical underpinnings then license to someone else to do the hard parts of scaling social media like moderation and legal enforcement.

Bluesky has said they are planning on opening to the public.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Do you get this on bluesky?

https://twitter.com/ok_post_guy/status/1695091997374304300

You do not.

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

If the horse didn't immediately die she didn't do much.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
Poor freckles caught a right hook and died

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The horse is really selling that bump too

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Bye bye, L’il Sebastian.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Evilreaver posted:

Poor freckles caught a right hook and died

This is a reminder to myself to change the thread title

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

OPAONI posted:

If the horse didn't immediately die she didn't do much.

Pretty sure she was fox hunting so gently caress her. She's clearly already down with animal cruelty so I wouldn't put it past her.

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

Roblo posted:

Pretty sure she was fox hunting so gently caress her. She's clearly already down with animal cruelty so I wouldn't put it past her.

Ah you read the article. gently caress her it is then.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

OPAONI posted:

Ah you read the article. gently caress her it is then.

Yeh, the people who snapped her were hunt saboteurs. She was on a "trail hunt" where in theory they are following a pre laid scent trail but whoops we found an actual fox, what can you do, the hounds have a mind of their own.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

All this talk of bluesky and invites, I cant help but think about Google+

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

SimonChris posted:

Bluesky invites are increasing exponentially as every new user starts getting their own invites a week later (they seem to have upped the frequency from biweekly to weekly). It won't be long before everyone who wants an invite can easily get one, at which point they might as well open up.

I signed up via the waiting list some time ago and got an email the other day so they're going through that too.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/EleanorMorton/status/1695061262739165305

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Kiss big turtles, get salmon.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
you can pry my lil kissin turtles from my cold dead hands

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

At certain points the guillotine wasn't quick enough for the amount of people they had to kill, so they just started herding people onto boats with their hands and feet tied, and then sunk the boats in a lake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255