Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
man the trump indictments just take on a circus aesthetic knowing all the poo poo that the Bush and Obama admin ghouls got away with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Gonna lsiten to Blowback Season 4 while playing Armored Core 6.

rachel ray romano
Jul 5, 2021

Danger posted:

man the trump indictments just take on a circus aesthetic knowing all the poo poo that the Bush and Obama admin ghouls got away with.

I'm glad I've never hated Hillary with the same furor and anger that other Totally Normal People do, otherwise the Smith indictment on the stolen classified docs would probably make my head explode just based on the parallel to her email scandals.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

MonsieurChoc posted:

Gonna listen to Blowback Season 4 while playing Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

FS2000 is the best. Love to fly a Concorde knife edge down sixth avenue

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

pissed? im looking forward to the first season of blowback with a happy ending

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

an entire chapo episode dedicated to bigotry and ethnic slurs? hard pass.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

my favorite part was when katherine got to say all the slurs this time

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

cant believe felix became a zionist live on stage

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

qaa has a new series where they talk about paranormal stuff, the other cohost is the guy who did the qanon documentary for vice

its pretty good so far, they covered mad mike and his time travel machine this week. the art bell interview with him is so funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6hdKwr4Auw

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

AnimeIsTrash posted:

qaa has a new series where they talk about paranormal stuff, the other cohost is the guy who did the qanon documentary for vice

its pretty good so far, they covered mad mike and his time travel machine this week. the art bell interview with him is so funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6hdKwr4Auw

yeah ive been listening to them it's been much better than most of qaa's standard output recently. i remember mad mike from art bell, i didn't know he actually had a follow-up in 2015. that was kinda crazy to relive through it

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
art bell might have been the greatest radio/talkshow host of all time. :rip: king

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/joe_warmington/status/783332958203744256?t=ry8NPZUV6c06m2AzvFfRMQ&s=19

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I am now posting from the Montreal Free State.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Xaris posted:

art bell might have been the greatest radio/talkshow host of all time. :rip: king

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Xaris posted:

He was incredible. I just discovered George Carlin went on Coast to Coast in 1999 so I listened to that today. George said on air that he listened to Art 2 or 3 times a month but wished he could listen every night.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
I’m sure it’s been posted here but what’s the Chinese history podcast that’s good

Lady Gagazula
Aug 13, 2005

Can't read my
Can't read my
No he can't read my
Joker Face
Melman

slave to my cravings posted:

I’m sure it’s been posted here but what’s the Chinese history podcast that’s good

maybe this one?

https://peopleshistoryofideas.com/

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
yea that's the one

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Breadallelogram posted:

He was incredible. I just discovered George Carlin went on Coast to Coast in 1999 so I listened to that today. George said on air that he listened to Art 2 or 3 times a month but wished he could listen every night.
hell yeah. i should listen through the archive, there's so much content. Pro-tip: Art Bell Archive: https://archive.org/details/the-ultimate-art-bell-collection_202201/

i think one of the best things about Art is just how much he treated everyone with genuine curiosity and love, and was also always lookin' out for the callers too. like he often tried to learn more about their personal life but in a good way that tries to unpack people and get them to think through their own thoughts

it's really fun to listen to the ones from the early 90s, it feels like an entirely different vibe and era.

Xaris has issued a correction as of 06:11 on Aug 23, 2023

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Fart Smell

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

I binged all of this over the winter and he has put out like three episodes since then :smith:

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Xaris posted:

hell yeah. i should listen through the archive, there's so much content. Pro-tip: Art Bell Archive: https://archive.org/details/the-ultimate-art-bell-collection_202201/

i think one of the best things about Art is just how much he treated everyone with genuine curiosity and love, and was also always lookin' out for the callers too. like he often tried to learn more about their personal life but in a good way that tries to unpack people and get them to think through their own thoughts

it's really fun to listen to the ones from the early 90s, it feels like an entirely different vibe and era.

I use this rss feed: https://www.ve3kjx.ca/art/art.rss

Dreamland > C2C

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Xaris posted:

To be fair the early 90s really were an entirely different vibe and era. It's amazing the difference having a future and lacking an epistemological crisis will do for the feel of things

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

thanks I’ll give this a shot. I need something easy to listen to while falling asleep

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Xaris posted:

Art walked this really perfect line where he was genuinely interested in people but not super credulous. He wanted to hear their stories but he didn't always believe those stories. His successor, George Noory, seemed way more like he was just believing, or at least pretending to believe, everything his guests said.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

“Robot Resources is mostly about nuts and bolts, while Human Resources is mostly about guys who nut and bolt” is a god tier joke.

uno.mannschaft
Dec 23, 2006
Really stoked for blowback s4 tomorrow. Been listening to season 3 the last couple of days and its so good, though terrifying at times due to the graphic description of war crimes.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

I just finisshed a relisten of Season 1 in the lead up to tomorrow. I wonder what time its gonna drop

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

tradbrett sucks so bad

edit wait what noo

i say swears online has issued a correction as of 05:46 on Aug 25, 2023

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
wrong thread

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
failed twice at posting :negative:

crepeface has issued a correction as of 10:23 on Aug 25, 2023

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

crepeface posted:

failed twice at posting

failed 19234 times at posting

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
:mad:

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

John Charity Spring posted:

failed 19234 times at posting

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Xaris posted:

I should probably warn, before listening, that there's a EVP episode where the investigator is showing some sounds he recorded and there's a "child drowning" recording there, so be very of that if you choose to put this as a chill late night listening there.

Xaris posted:

yeah it was bad

honestly politics doesn't really phase me, it's more of a lol thing. but I legit got loving fuming when all the 'woke' liberals were rehabilitating Bush during the Trump years.

I still can't get over the op-ed someone wrote on pt news that was like "Biden won, and that's good bc we're back to a president that is normal, like Bush".

Kunster has issued a correction as of 10:33 on Aug 25, 2023

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

i say swears online posted:

tradbrett sucks so bad

edit wait what noo

haha I do that too. only time I use it

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

i say swears online posted:

tradbrett sucks so bad

edit wait what noo

who cares

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
I don't sub to anything on Patreon but I get a sense that Blowback is worth it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

happy blowback day everyone