Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
Best thing Roman's ever done too tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I just found out about both Terry and Bray.

Struggling to process both of them at once, rest in peace to both of them.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i will never forget this

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

live posting that mania when it was deep in covid hell, stuck at home in my room, and everyone including myself thought it was a fakeout and they were just gonna have a boring real match and then it turning into the funhouse was one of the most memorable wrestling things for me ever. RIP

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

He was so real for this

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

That Firefly Funhouse Match was the last WWE thing I actually sought out and watched for literal years after basically dropping the company in 2018 and I liked it so much I showed it to some friends who weren't regular watchers but liked some of the Joshi and some other matches I've shown them and they loved it. And it's still so good

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Quantum of Phallus posted:

i will never forget this

This was easily my favorite thing Bray ever did.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Endorph posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHwgcWNhb6o

the best thing bray did was when he just pointed and reigns instantly speared sheamus

Honestly if there was a greatest spot of all time tournament, this is a top seed and I won't hear otherwise.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I know some people thought the Funhouse match was pandering a bit too much, but I thought it was a really nice treat for long-time fans who are interested in wrestling history, especially since WWE are usually very silly, petty and selective about the things they reference. I never thought I'd see even just a blink-and-you'll-miss-it nod to Punk in 2020 WWE, never mind a specific reference to Moxley's THIS IS SUCH GOOD poo poo story. Cena seemed to have a load of fun with it too, which I imagine played a part in Vince going along with it.

I think it shows that Bray had some surprising versatility in his ideas. The monster stuff seemed to be a big hit with kids, while this showed he could still enchant older fans too. It's such a shame we never got to see what else he was capable of, with or without the foul WWE tinge.

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.
Collected my thoughts on Windham. It’s just tragic. A guy who had endless potential despite a lot of things working against him. He absolutely understood the business and how to portray himself as a star.

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

Also preemptive gently caress the entire nxt locker room for their insane poo poo

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

UnleashedDad posted:

Also preemptive gently caress the entire nxt locker room for their insane poo poo

??????

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

The show IS pretty bad.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Seems mean to kick them when they’re down though

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR2TDvq9lwg

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

Full of right wing anti vax psychos

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Because now is the time for that discussion.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Because now is the time for that discussion.

I think they're saying "it sucks that a huge chunk of WWE is full of anti-vax psychos when somebody working for WWE died very young seemingly because of covid."

There's no proof that Bray caught covid at work, but it's not like it'd be the first or even the second time that company's lack of care handling covid got someone sick.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

the actual title match at Mania 33 was, well y'know, but the Wyatt/Orton feud on SmackDown leading up to it fuckin ruled. Fun camp rasslin nonsense.

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
also covid can destroy your heart/lungs/brain/etc no matter how vaccinated you are

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Endorph posted:

the best thing bray did was when he just pointed and reigns instantly speared sheamus

It really was very sporting of him to not use this power to summon Roman Reigns in more matches.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Having a pre-existing heart condition makes any Covid infection potentially lethal. Even if you recover from the pneumonia, it puts a very heavy stress on the vascular system

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Don't watch wrestling much anymore, occasionally tune in to one of the shows. But I'll never forget my sons first time seeing the Wyatt family (probably a live show at MSG 6-8 years ago). Lights go out, cell phones light up, and Bray comes out with the lantern and the song plays. His reaction to that was second only his first time seeing Taker live. But at that moment he realized WWE was more than just Cena and stuff and there was some cool poo poo going on all the time.

Will miss Bray, RIP.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

never will forget the Elimination Chamber match where he pinned both Cena and AJ in succession, the coolest and strongest he ever looked, just an insane main event, was so loving stoked when he finally swam upstream for the gold. Sucks that they hosed it up later but for that instant he was the golden god, horrible that he went so young.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Endorph posted:

Bray/Windham was the best modern proof that wrestling is at its peak when it leans into its community theatre vibes instead of legit punchsports bro vibes.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I had a weird wrestling dream that wwe in a major gaffe announced that royal rumble 2025 would be held in athens greece and live on video the imploded the historic 2500 year old panatheanic stadium while announcing they were building a new 130k capacity dome to hold the event just to beat the londos/kwariani record.

The video in question had seth rollins doing his wacky dance in medieval armor looking kind of like Nandor from what we do in the shadows, then pushing down one of those comically large detonation devices while his Burn It Down music played

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
This is why I hate WWE's philosophy of "Waste a decade+ of their time, maaaaybe push them when they're 38. Maybe."

Maybe that wasted time is literally all you get. And they wasted Wyatt's time until he had no time left. And that's lame as gently caress.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x39sebh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2As8BwTXyA

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

This is so hosed up.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Prime example of a wasted talent. Always very gifted and never given a proper chance to show his range. So young.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Prime example of a wasted talent. Always very gifted and never given a proper chance to show his range. So young.

Ya and one of the few in the new generation that could TRULY sell a gimmick. Not saying this to be nice just cause he passed away but the dude was actually talented as a presentator and all the areas WWE loves but they hosed it up as usual.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Dishwasher posted:

This is why I hate WWE's philosophy of "Waste a decade+ of their time, maaaaybe push them when they're 38. Maybe."

Maybe that wasted time is literally all you get. And they wasted Wyatt's time until he had no time left. And that's lame as gently caress.

They did this to Brodie too. Just wasting all this talent until they're dead. It's despicable

Oh yeah, and they won't even let them leave! Just pay them to sit at home out of sheer spite.

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
This is probably one of my favorite WWE moments:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xormCgprJzk

Bray honestly played his part perfectly through this whole arc. Very talented heel when they let him actually get a win every once in a while.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Alexander Hamilton posted:

Bray honestly played his part perfectly through this whole arc. Very talented heel when they let him actually get a win every once in a while.

insane that without this moment we probably never get Bryan's ascension towards two major title reigns---Bryan going over all of the wwe-made guys, and then going on to put over Kofi for the biggest moment of his life. Also fair to say that without Wyatt Family, a lot of The Shield's momentum (and Brodie) doesn't happen as smoothly. Bray was so fuckin important to so many of those guys getting over and getting their reps in just because he could sell himself as a unique character.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It kind of makes me angry that he never went to AEW, because TK wouldn't have wasted that talent and creativity.

I understand the circumstances why he didn't, and if he was happy going back to WWE then good on him. It's just a shame he was never able to make the contributions he wanted to.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Bray was also the last champ before Roman's current run. Or more accurately, the first of the two titles Roman won (the Universal Title) was Bray's (as The Fiend) before Roman.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Feel like he could have worked in any org in any era and not looked out of place. Like even if he would have been getting fed to Hogan or in the background of a dungeon of doom promo a guy that versatile seems like a bookers dream

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Alexander Hamilton posted:

I decided to finally start watching Wrestling back in late 2013 and that was the first episode I saw that made me mark the gently caress out. I was all-in on Bryan from that point up until he got taken out of the ring after getting hurt post-Mania. And I was also completely sold on Bray as the next Undertaker-type monster.

Shame they wasted all of his potential with terrible writing, I loved him as a heel.

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?

DLC Inc posted:

never will forget the Elimination Chamber match where he pinned both Cena and AJ in succession, the coolest and strongest he ever looked, just an insane main event, was so loving stoked when he finally swam upstream for the gold. Sucks that they hosed it up later but for that instant he was the golden god, horrible that he went so young.

Was at this one live. My first ppv, maybe only my second time seeing wrestling in person. I was the only Cena fan in my section and even I was on my feet when he got pinned. Once Bray got the win the room exploded. Thankful that I got to see that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

the sex ghost posted:

36 is no age. RIP to the army tank with a Ferrari engine

If it were anyone else I’d be making a joke about Ferrari engines but this is just too tragic