Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

what's the new season of blowback about anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

MGS5

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

first episode is titled "Snake Eater" let your imagination run wild

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Fellatio del Toro posted:

happy blowback day everyone

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

will i understand the new season of blowback if i haven't played metal gear solid

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i think it's badass that the new blowback season is about the plot of chrono cross but it may just be too niche for most people

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

its about the lore of the armored core series of games

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
For anyone who played Goldeneye first didn't MGS strike you as a bit... fail? Stealth mechanics are the exact opposite of fun imo :o:

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

will i understand the new season of blowback if i haven't played metal gear solid

it's a fun game, you should download it and this mod so you can listen to blowback while you play the game

https://www.nexusmods.com/metalgearsolidvtpp/mods/1338

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Operation Condor I think?

gonna start listening tomorrow bc today is really busy

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

webcams for christ posted:

Operation Condor I think?

gonna start listening tomorrow bc today is really busy

Cyclone*.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Dokapon Findom posted:

For anyone who played Goldeneye first didn't MGS strike you as a bit... fail? Stealth mechanics are the exact opposite of fun imo :o:

if a game doesn't have you smash up a city with a tank, it's subpar

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

crepeface posted:

it's a fun game, you should download it and this mod so you can listen to blowback while you play the game

https://www.nexusmods.com/metalgearsolidvtpp/mods/1338

lol

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

Dokapon Findom posted:

if this isn’t a syq im going to crawl into your home and beat the poo poo out of you

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

IIRC someone in the podcast sphere recently released a deep dive on Operation Condor but I doubt there'll ever be a Blowback on it given there really hasn't been any blowback from it; the US had basically accomplished all of their objectives in the southern cone with zero repercussions domestically

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

mark immune posted:

if this isn’t a syq im going to crawl into your home and beat the poo poo out of you

32-bit graphics? Chunky controls? It isn't even a contest between the two. MGS2 was impressive though

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

mark immune posted:

you're gonna try that when i'm dual-wielding two rc-p90s?

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Imagining an Alex Jones-style Blowback that cites the Obama presidency as Indonesia's long revenge for the overthrow of Sukarno

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

right right

Dokapon Findom posted:

IIRC someone in the podcast sphere recently released a deep dive on Operation Condor but I doubt there'll ever be a Blowback on it given there really hasn't been any blowback from it; the US had basically accomplished all of their objectives in the southern cone with zero repercussions domestically

Santiago Boys covers the Chilean lead up to Operation Condor

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Dokapon Findom posted:

Orlando Letelier got killed by a car bomb in DC

That's more explosive blowback than anything that came out of Korea

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
$45 is a steal for a quality podcast like blowback

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

oh god is brendan gonna do that lovely solid snake impression the entire season

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

Atrocious Joe posted:

That's more explosive blowback than anything that came out of Korea

Yet.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

i only sub to the patreon of a podcast when i Get Concerned about one or more of the hosts. currently that is Death Is Just Around The Corner, Fight Like An Animal, and Ballin Out Super.

but a one-time purchase of a series as good as blowback just makes sense.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Fellatio del Toro posted:

happy blowback day everyone

A merry blowbacksmas to us all.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

paul_soccer12 posted:

$45 is a steal for a quality podcast like blowback

isn't it 25?

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
No

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

mcmagic posted:

isn't it 25?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Doc Hawkins posted:

i only sub to the patreon of a podcast when i Get Concerned about one or more of the hosts. currently that is Death Is Just Around The Corner, Fight Like An Animal, and Ballin Out Super.

you're subbed to ballin' out super still even after alex and katie left?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

i paid the last 2 years. totally worth it.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

Dokapon Findom posted:

32-bit graphics? Chunky controls? It isn't even a contest between the two. MGS2 was impressive though

the switch port of mgs2 being complete rear end compared to the ps2 one is some “lost tech built the pyramids” stuff

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

i say swears online posted:

lol who is on it now then

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

lawson also seems like he needs help

maybe im conditioned to get worried whenever i hear someone talking about anime that much

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Doc Hawkins posted:

lawson also seems like he needs help

maybe im conditioned to get worried whenever i hear someone talking about anime that much

Anime is good

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Listening today and I'm gonna say it, Zbigniew Brzezinski had Adolph Dubs assassinated

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Jel Shaker posted:

lol who is on it now then

some jolly fellow named lawson, i'd never heard of him elsewhere outside the pod. i really liked alex and jeremy, less so katie, so try to keep up with their other works. i like generation loss

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

some jolly fellow named lawson, i'd never heard of him elsewhere outside the pod. i really liked alex and jeremy, less so katie, so try to keep up with their other works. i like generation loss

Have they finished watching Dragon Ball Super yet?

uno.mannschaft
Dec 23, 2006

mcmagic posted:

isn't it 25?

Wow look at this guy with his discount blowback trying to get with the cool kids

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Gripweed posted:

Have they finished watching Dragon Ball Super yet?

i haven't listened to the reboot but i think he started over at raditz episode 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Dokapon Findom posted:

I think the avalanche of cocaine and gang violence counts.

e: On closer inspection it did not include Colombia but did include Bolivia so maybe you are right.