Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
hahahaha

bless them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
i'd post the aquilani A HERO WILL RISE banner but imgur is cursed now so just pretend i did

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

quote:

"Man City" redirects here. For the television show episode, see Man City (Ted Lasso).

At the top of our wikipedia page

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Butterfly Valley posted:

At the top of our wikipedia page

you deserve it

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puň essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

a bad redirect

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
The parent article should be the ted lasso episode because more people probably like Ted lasso

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

cagliostr0 posted:

The parent article should be the ted lasso episode because more people probably like Ted lasso

harsh but fair

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/LFC_Lucas_/status/1695881124474491013?s=20

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Lol, wrong thread.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
lmao

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Does every team have a crowd of people who stream themselves watching games like some sort of lovely sky sports saturday?

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

ilmucche posted:

Does every team have a crowd of people who stream themselves watching games like some sort of lovely sky sports saturday?

Yes. I think the general opinion is that a lot of them ham it up for views.

This one made me chuckle earlier
https://twitter.com/AccidentalP/status/1696096560033996912

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lol

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Are they all 14 year old boys wtf

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Goldbridge is in his 40s lol

but hey, it's lucrative nonsense so who am I to judge

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

quote:

In all seriousness, why don't teams pull a Belichek on Messi

Its simple really, I'm not going to let Leonel Messi beat me. Put one defender man marking him at all time a back 5 all focused on him. Someone else is going to have to score and I don't think they can do it. Its not like he's playing with prime Dave Villa. They don't even use prongs.

If Belichek is coaching against Messi he goes goalless with maybe a couple nice dribbles.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puň essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

ilmucche posted:

I'm pretty sure the old ArsenalFanTV stuff popularised the idea that you can get famous just from being an absolute headcase who wails helplessly toward the sky because you drew 2-2 at home to Watford while other fans provoke you endlessly for their own amusement

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Diretta Stadio (the TV show featuring screaming Milan man Tiziano Crudelli) has been going on since the early 90's or even before that. It is exactly 4 or 5 people acting insane about football; people have always loved this stuff.

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

lmao

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Mickolution posted:

Yes. I think the general opinion is that a lot of them ham it up for views.

This one made me chuckle earlier
https://twitter.com/AccidentalP/status/1696096560033996912
lmao

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Gigi Galli posted:

Diretta Stadio (the TV show featuring screaming Milan man Tiziano Crudelli) has been going on since the early 90's or even before that. It is exactly 4 or 5 people acting insane about football; people have always loved this stuff.

Crudelli understands react content on a level not comprehended by mortal man or internet personality alike

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Sid Lowe posted:

Jude Bellingham is the milk. He is the consecrated bread, the body of Christ. He is, in other words, the business. And, yep, that’s how they say it here. He is also inevitable. The 8, 10 and 4 for whom they invented the 22, wears 5 and, it turns out, is also a 9. The best in the whole of Spain, in fact. For the third week in a row, he scored for Real Madrid – and when they most needed it, too. It came late, from a corner, a flick-on by Joselu, and there he was diving ahead of Joseph Aidoo to score the only goal of the game against Celta. He was lifted up by Antonio Rüdiger, and David Alaba started punching him in the chest in delight. “It’s madness, I don’t know what to say: I’m out of words,” Alaba said. Maybe he could have borrowed some from journalist Tomás Roncero, who called Bellingham “the plumber who fixes all the leaks … Good player!!!”

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

BWV posted:

Jude Bellingham is the milk.

I literally stopped here.

franks
Jan 1, 2007

Alcoholism is the only
disease you can get
yelled at for having.

While I appreciate the quote attribution, I think we all could tell who wrote that.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
What the gently caress does

quote:

The 8, 10 and 4 for whom they invented the 22, wears 5 and, it turns out, is also a 9.

even loving mean

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

sticksy posted:

What the gently caress does

even loving mean

‘Bellingham is Lampard with a better diet’

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/TheQuietKid18/status/1699514553510302032?s=20

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Lamo single handedly

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Counterpoint:

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
The most punchable face in the world.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
any excuse to post: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE_aHtkOtrg

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/MightyQuinn801/status/1700251008331588022

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
https://twitter.com/KeejayOV3/status/1703403105105096782?s=20

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

that guy's 100% correct, it's because Allah watches over him

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
you have to lol

quote:

Jose Mourinho: Roma boss says he is 'not the problem' after club's poor start to season

Jose Mourinho says he is "not the problem" at Roma's despite his side's poor start to the season.

Having won the Europa Conference League in 2022 and reached the Europa League final last season, Roma are 16th in Serie A with just five points from six games.

Mourinho said he rejected the "craziest offer" to leave Roma in the summer.

"Three months ago the idea of me leaving was seen almost as a tragedy," he said.

"During the holidays, I received the biggest and craziest offer a coach has ever received in the history of football.

"And I turned it down. I did so because I'd given my word to my players, I'd given my word to the fans and I'd given my word to the club owner.

"Three months later, it seems like I'm the problem. I can't accept that."

Roma's only league win this season came with a 7-0 victory against Empoli, while they also beat Sheriff Tiraspol in a Europa League group game.

"I don't read the papers, listen to the radio or watch the TV but I have friends, I have players, I have assistants, I have people who, even if I don't want to know, inform me of things. I won't accept it. Because it's not true. I'm not the problem," the 60-year-old added."In football, and in life too, there are multiple factors. It's the same when you win: you can't say one person is responsible for it. We all are.

"Lots of little things are at play in a football club, a business, a political structure, an educational structure, and I know because I've worked in one. It's always multiple factors."

Mourinho, who won two Serie A titles in a row with Inter Milan in 2009 and 2010, took over at Roma following his sacking by Tottenham in 2021.

He said: "Until 30 June 2024 I'll be here fighting every day, working every day, for the players, for the club, for the fans. "There's only one person - and of course I mean the owners, whether it's Dan [Friedkin] or Ryan [Friedkin] - who can tell me it's over. I'm not afraid of external pressure. I'm not afraid of being booed as I enter the field at the stadium tomorrow. I'm not afraid at all."

Mourinho's side play eighth-placed Frosinone at home on Sunday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66973338

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Never let Jose manage a 3rd season.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

sticksy posted:

Counterpoint:

The face you make when you go back to your boyhood club and then they immediately rob your house while you’re playing

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://twitter.com/Daniely79/status/1708374194373657057

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
I think this counts

https://twitter.com/DanelBenNamer/status/1724037161459024192