Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

battlebits anyone btw?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

but I can't join. not home 🏧

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Hatebag posted:

hell, you don't gotta wait. you could be the boneman for an ossuary today!:

- at least five bosses in every crpg ever

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Trabisnikof posted:

a mafia/werewolf like fps game where all the players are split amongst different factions trying to be the ones to kill jfk

basically just trouble in terrorist town or anything similar. or hell, the counterstrike (and before it? was CS first?) vip game mode basically had lobbies like that and that became different games

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Lpzie posted:

do they still have that poor gun discipline where as you'r talking to ppl you'r also pointing a loaded gun in their face all the time?

I hope so! It goes against the concept of player agency to not allow you to point guns at people.

Mr Hootington posted:

This looks good.

I also think it will probably be a fun game, even if the dialogue is very silly.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
the only games where yuo look and point gun separately are like... arma and vr games. maybe tarkov? idk

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Cuttlefush posted:

the only games where yuo look and point gun separately are like... arma and vr games. maybe tarkov? idk

receiver and receiver 2. jurassic park:tresspasser. thats the list

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Lpzie posted:

no atmosphere too. bones in space suits. HOW? makes no sense... dead peoplejust BECOME BONES when u turn around.

It is strange that this happens. I hope that someday science can explain why people in sealed environments still become bones.

Hatebag posted:

aliens, sure. anything's on the table with aliens

Do aliens even have tables...?

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Ooh nice! Is this game any good!?

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

It's my least favourite Remedy game that I've played but that's still a pretty high bar. Been a few years but I enjoyed it. The live-action stuff I was pretty eh on

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Nah not really, I think it's one of the weaker Remedy games.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

I have no idea why people are excited for the next game from the makers of Fallout 76, especially when they've shown us nothing compelling about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek3I6_9c58E&t=8s

Look at this...don't you feel inspired? Do you want to disappoint this child? Or do you instead want to be the joyful Asian man who inspires her with his spirit of freedom and exploration?

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek3I6_9c58E&t=30s - this will be you, when you play Starfield.

(I like that the scene above is immediately followed by the man murdering other people in a spaceship. Doing lethal space combat is part of the joys of exploring the universe.)

Ytlaya has issued a correction as of 20:42 on Aug 25, 2023

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
Thread title makes me think of NOTHING LIKE HAVING THE BEST OEGAMIOM IN THE WORLD EVERYDAY,,,, YEA BABY …..

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

One More Fat Nerd posted:

I enjoyed it, ends on a big sequel hook that will never happen.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Al! posted:

Receiver is so good. I wish there was a multiplayer mode so i could watch chumps drops their mags in panic or shoot themselves in the leg

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Al! posted:

ok im gonna count jurassic park trespasser but we both kinda know the gun pointing was more of a bennett foddy style prank

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwezAdJulW0

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2023/08/bioware-layoffs-dragon-age-dreadwolf

quote:

McKay said BioWare will try to find other positions in the company for those affected, though roughly half a dozen – including Dragon Age Origins writer Mary Kirby – are already looking for other job opportunities on social media.

Others laid off from BioWare in addition to Kirby include John Renish, technical director and programmer who’d been with BioWare for eight years; Tim Griffith, an engineer and narrative programmer who joined BioWare in 2012; and Andre Garcia, director on Dreadwolf with an extensive career spanning 20 years at EA, LucasArts, and Ubisoft.

Lead Mass Effect writer Mac Walters left the studio earlier in 2023. McKay didn’t say how BioWare plans to fill these vacant senior roles or whether they’ll be filled at all.

dead dead dead

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Lmfao okay I guess I'll give up what little hope I had for the new Dragon Age and Mass Effect

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Cuttlefush posted:

basically just trouble in terrorist town or anything similar. or hell, the counterstrike (and before it? was CS first?) vip game mode basically had lobbies like that and that became different games

but the map has to be dealy plaza and it has to be jfk riding in the limo as the crescendo event. not every round would have a jester (oswald) and sometimes someone would get a third party win condition like dont get seen by anyone (george hw bush) or keep your dress clean while remaining in the car (jackie)

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Yinlock posted:

rapunzel, rapunzel, let down your fat hog

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Good

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Trabisnikof posted:

but the map has to be dealy plaza and it has to be jfk riding in the limo as the crescendo event. not every round would have a jester (oswald) and sometimes someone would get a third party win condition like dont get seen by anyone (george hw bush) or keep your dress clean while remaining in the car (jackie)

i think it'd be nice to have other maps. dealy is basically jfk 2fort. tired of that poo poo

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Lostconfused posted:

I don't care about Skyrim, but I could go for a Fallout with a new hat.

I didn't like Fallout 4 because it was obviously Skyrim with a post-apocalypse hat. If I wanted to see the post apocalypse, I'd go outside.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Cuttlefush posted:

ok im gonna count jurassic park trespasser but we both kinda know the gun pointing was more of a bennett foddy style prank

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwezAdJulW0

had to double check he wasnt involved somehow and found out that the devs for tresspasser were former looking glass studios people, which makes the game make a whole lot more sense

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

kirbeh

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

there was definitely a jfk map for cs 1.6 after they introduced vehicles with cs_jeep. maybe before that when you could make an on rails vehicle

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

I still don't know what was up with Dragon Age 2 to make it come out the way that it did.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Whirling posted:

I still don't know what was up with Dragon Age 2 to make it come out the way that it did.

good, you mean?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Someone find that old comic where EA was leading Bioware down a path that ended up at a mass grave for companies because whoever made that comic was vindicated so drat hard.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

gettin swole, beefy lad

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Fo76 was made by bathesda austin. Starfield is all clint howard baby.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

DaysBefore posted:

Lmfao okay I guess I'll give up what little hope I had for the new Dragon Age and Mass Effect

lol you had hope? moron

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Homeless Friend posted:

lol you had hope? moron

Yup. Dumb as poo poo

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

does ac6 have a zweihander

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Jurassic Park: Trespasser is one of the few games I'd consider to be art. It's a shame we'll never get it on the Switch as playing with the two joycons would be so perfect that it feels like the game was too ahead of its time.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Tank

Legs

Tank

Drift

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

Jurassic Park: Trespasser is one of the few games I'd consider to be art. It's a shame we'll never get it on the Switch as playing with the two joycons would be so perfect that it feels like the game was too ahead of its time.

tresspasser is begging for a vr port

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Al! posted:

tresspasser is begging for a vr port

ngl if I got jumped by one of those raptors in vr I'd probably poo poo myself

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

trespasser is worth beating just to hear hammond's really depressed reading of ozymandias at the end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Homeless Friend posted:

lol you had hope? moron