Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=2918558673

4 of them focusing on various parts of the game without being totally too disruptive. I particularly like the politics one as it makes parties more dynamic and reactive to ideologies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

Star posted:

I think I should have created two or three master fleets so I could invade with several large armies all at once.

This is something that's kinda weird about the naval warfare in the game - technology doesn't matter quite as much as you think it should, sheer numbers are more important. Being a tech level ahead will help you get an edge in an even fight, but it won't help if the enemy fleet outnumbers you by, like, half again as much or something. Combine that with the fact that naval landings only have a remote chance of succeeding if your fleet is big enough that you don't have the "not enough transports" penalty and if you're strong it's almost always better to have a few very large fleets than a number of smaller ones. Yeah, smaller fleets might mean you cover more stuff but that doesn't matter if they're getting their asses kicked whenever the enemy shows up.

Though I guess if you're a weaker power, it might make sense to go with a lot of smaller fleets to practice Jeune Ecole style commerce raiding instead - yes, individual squadrons get the poo poo kicked out of them but you weren't expecting to win anyways and with the enemy battlefleet tied up tangling down one squadron at a time your swarms are ravaging enemy convoys. In theory, anyways.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Right now mounting multiple naval invasions is basically an exploit. The defenders won't mount a resistance to the second one.

Tomn posted:

This is something that's kinda weird about the naval warfare in the game - technology doesn't matter quite as much as you think it should, sheer numbers are more important. Being a tech level ahead will help you get an edge in an even fight, but it won't help if the enemy fleet outnumbers you by, like, half again as much or something. Combine that with the fact that naval landings only have a remote chance of succeeding if your fleet is big enough that you don't have the "not enough transports" penalty and if you're strong it's almost always better to have a few very large fleets than a number of smaller ones. Yeah, smaller fleets might mean you cover more stuff but that doesn't matter if they're getting their asses kicked whenever the enemy shows up.

Though I guess if you're a weaker power, it might make sense to go with a lot of smaller fleets to practice Jeune Ecole style commerce raiding instead - yes, individual squadrons get the poo poo kicked out of them but you weren't expecting to win anyways and with the enemy battlefleet tied up tangling down one squadron at a time your swarms are ravaging enemy convoys. In theory, anyways.

Pretty much boils down to all battles being straight Lanchester's Law simulations - meaning that everything just lines up and shoots at eachother - and that naval battles tend to be extremely decisive compared to land.

Theoretically ironclads are twice as good as Man O Wars, but in practice you'll probably have Jeune Ecole. So the Man O War side will be 30 Offense/Defense and the Ironclad side will be 50 Offense/Defense so only about 2/3 advantage. A nation with twice as many Man O Wars will straight up defeat a nation with Ironclads.

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.
IME, the best way to invade England is to start a war with them, get them to commit their troops to oversee provinces, wait a few months after the war starts for all the troops to be deployed, then naval invade 3 armies or so into the home countries. 3 100 stack armies from 100 stack fleets should be enough (with some convoy raiding in the channel to catch fleets patrolling the coast) should be enough to defeat whatever garrison troops are there, and then your army can probably seize a large chunk before the armies make it back to the British isle

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I invented tanks, gave my armed forces a year to train in their use, and then I invaded Russia. I caught them already in default, so I sadly did not technically get to drive tanks into St. Petersburg, because they rather quickly decided the mounting casualties weren't worth the ruinous costs and capitulated.

Hmmm, Russia in the early 20th century pulling out of a war early because they're bankrupt and the people are pissed, ooh, I know this story, I bet I can guess what happens next!

Wait, no. That's not right.

Guys? Guys, I think I broke history :ohdear:

Also, as a chaser before I start a new game, meet my bugged general. He's been "busy" for the last 40 years or so. He can't be mobilized, he can't be given orders, he can't be fired. And, apparently, it also made him immortal.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

CapnAndy posted:

Also, as a chaser before I start a new game, meet my bugged general. He's been "busy" for the last 40 years or so. He can't be mobilized, he can't be given orders, he can't be fired. And, apparently, it also made him immortal.

It's been almost a year and they still haven't fixed this? lmao

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Sorry to come here with very newbie player questions, but I find the game really dense and opaque - yes it's my first paradox game really.

I mostly don't understand how I'm supposed to manage other nations inserting themselves into my power plays, for example trying to take north germany countries as Austria had Russia interfering with me.

Later on, as I'm trying to defend against the Two Sicilies, had I England coming against me (Despite leaning towards supporting me) and Russia ignoring my offer to give an obligation (Despite leaning towards supporting me, and requesting and obligation).

Is there any way to stop or reduce the likelihood of other world powers from jumping in on you?

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Toalpaz posted:

Sorry to come here with very newbie player questions, but I find the game really dense and opaque - yes it's my first paradox game really.

I mostly don't understand how I'm supposed to manage other nations inserting themselves into my power plays, for example trying to take north germany countries as Austria had Russia interfering with me.

Later on, as I'm trying to defend against the Two Sicilies, had I England coming against me (Despite leaning towards supporting me) and Russia ignoring my offer to give an obligation (Despite leaning towards supporting me, and requesting and obligation).

Is there any way to stop or reduce the likelihood of other world powers from jumping in on you?

One of the big issues you run into is that when you declare a play, doing so gives you the infamy cost immediately. Having higher infamy makes other countries like you less and be willing to oppose you more. 0-25 is pretty neutral, 25-50 is okay, 50-100 gets people somewhat pissed off, and 100+ gets the world to utterly despise you. So a country that's willing to back you before a play might suddenly decide that you're getting a little big for your britches once you declare and might not be so happy to support you. They also can and will get cold feet if the opposition is too strong.

Now, if you don't care about allies or about people opposing you, higher infamy isn't that big a deal (Qing, for instance, does not give a single solitary poo poo about what the rest of the world thinks once their industry and military is up to par). If you're in a relatively more precarious diplomatic situation, it's something you need to pay attention to.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Well most importantly it helps a lot to suck up. Improve relations and establish high volume trade routes. It's expensive to increase relations with a great power so you can't improve relations with all of them, but it never hurts to do as much as you can. Some people even advocate joining customs unions just to get them off your back, although thats probably not workable for Austria.

Secondly nations hate doing things for free. If your target is offering an obligation to get someone into the war, well, you can just concede this play and hit them again when the truce timer expires - they can't offer obligations to Russia *twice*. And if you're in a war, it's sometimes possible to buy an enemy out of the war by just giving them whatever war goal they bought into the war for. Especially if the war has dragged on for a bit. Then you can finish your primary wargoal against your target.

Third just because someone has sided with the enemy doesn't mean they're locked in. You can often bribe them with a wargoal and they'll just withdraw from the play which is dumb but w/e. (Only obligations should work for this, lol.)

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Saw there's a new DLC coming with some extra clothing options. Is there a rundown anywhere of what cultures it'll be for?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Toalpaz posted:

Oh, please, you should go look at all the newbie questions I've been spamming the thread with. And I've played Paradox before!

Countries care about a lot of things when deciding to poke their nose into diplomatic plays. They're paying attention to your power rank (Great/Major/Minor/Insignificant) compared to theirs and their military power compared to yours. They check how much they like you and whoever's on the other side of your Play. They check their own financial and military situation. And they also have certain geographic areas that they care about and consider "theirs", which drastically raises the odds they'll come in against you if you try to move in there.

So when you as Austria tries to move north, Russia looks at the situation. They don't like you, they're stronger than you, they care very much about that territory because they want it and also they don't want you getting more powerful and challenging them in the future, so they step into that Play to slap you back down.

I don't know what the deal with your Two Sicilies/England war was, but if you mouseover the "no" icon, you'll see why Russia reused your obligation. At a guess, it's a combination of "we don't like you" and "we don't value having an obligation from you".

In general, unless you are a Great Power yourself, don't get up to poo poo in Europe. They like the balance of power the way it is, with them on top. Go to Africa and start colonizing poo poo, find some Unrecognized Powers to knock over.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

CapnAndy posted:

Go to Africa and start colonizing poo poo, find some Unrecognized Powers to knock over.

And even then, if the Great Powers have an interest in the area and want stuff there for themselves they might end up getting pissy sometimes. If you're interested in overseas colonies it can be worth cozying up to the UK and even signing an alliance if you can - not only are the UK the most likely colonial competitor in a lot of spheres and one of the most dangerous, if you can manage to get the Royal Navy on your side you can safely colonize a lot of stuff with most great powers deciding it isn't worth it to mess with you over colonial conflicts anymore. Otherwise invest in a strong navy yourself - as long as you can hold your own on the European front, you can use your naval superiority to knock over the weak colonial country and starve attempts by the rival GP to reinforce it and thus enforce your colonial wargoals, after which the opposing GP is usually fairly amenable to a white peace as long as you haven't slapped some silly demands of your own on them that you can't easily enforce.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Tomn posted:

And even then, if the Great Powers have an interest in the area and want stuff there for themselves they might end up getting pissy sometimes.
Yeah, true, but you can learn pretty quick who wants what by trial and error, nations can only intervene where they’ve got an Interest so your pool of potential fuckers goes down, and even if they do want an area, Great Powers are a lot quicker to decide “nah, not loving worth it” over some bumfuck African nobodies when they’ve already got a war on elsewhere or are otherwise distracted.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Toalpaz posted:

The most foolproof way to keep a particular great power out of your play is to wait until they're already in another war.

That could take a long time, and isn't a 100% guarantee they won't mess with you, but it's a really good way to be opportunistic, especially if there's a pair of strong countries that like each other that you really would rather fight one at a time.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Does opium grow anywhere besides the westmost bits of Africa?

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

CapnAndy posted:

Afghanistan. Have fun playing The Great Game to get it.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

MatchaZed posted:

Afghanistan. Have fun playing The Great Game to get it.
Uuugh. But I’m sick of fighting France for every African inch just so I can grow my own dope.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

CapnAndy posted:

north india, southeast china, indochina

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

CapnAndy posted:

Uuugh. But I’m sick of fighting France for every African inch just so I can grow my own dope.

nothing has ever gone wrong with invading afghanistan

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Beating up vietnam for opium is my go to

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

north india, southeast china, indochina

If you find opium in one of the markets, one of the tabs has buttons for map modes that show production and production potential.
(This is a little annoying when it's not in your market, but Britain tends to have all the stuff)

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

North Vietnam and Kyushu are probably some of the best states in the game for the raw resources you need esp. in the mid game, to the point that I end up targeting them every game.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!

CapnAndy posted:

If you’re in the Americas, Mexico and Colombia both also have one state each that can grow it.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Grizzwold posted:

If you’re in the Americas, Mexico and Colombia both also have one state each that can grow it.
I am in fact playing as the USA this time! I've taken the entire continental 48 by 1850 -- now to deal with this pesky slavery problem. How do I piss off the South so they revolt, but not too much? (I mean, yes I know, ban slavery, but I'm trying to see if I can find a wedge issue so that just a bit of the South kicks off instead of the whole region.)

Also, it is very stupid that I have to have gold reserves and can't be deficit spending or I'm not allowed to buy Alaska.

CapnAndy fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Aug 28, 2023

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

CapnAndy posted:

Siam I am.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

CapnAndy posted:

Also, it is very stupid that I have to have gold reserves and can't be deficit spending or I'm not allowed to buy Alaska.

They probably don't trust your IOUs.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

AG3 posted:

They probably don't trust your IOUs.

But they don't need to, you just need some banks to trust them so they'll loan you the gold to pay the Russians.

everydayfalls
Aug 23, 2016

CapnAndy posted:

I am in fact playing as the USA this time! I've taken the entire continental 48 by 1850 -- now to deal with this pesky slavery problem. How do I piss off the South so they revolt, but not too much? (I mean, yes I know, ban slavery, but I'm trying to see if I can find a wedge issue so that just a bit of the South kicks off instead of the whole region.)

Change the policing law to reduce land owner political power. I had a blood less end to slavery by the end of the 1850s last time I played USA.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
After announcing that the beta patch release had been delayed, it's now been rescheduled for Thursday. I might actually load up 1.4 today just to run through a few things before the beta starts.

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist
Don't see much talk about 1.4. It releases today, right? Or is it Thursday? Anyway I understand it's a relatively minor patch without any reworks so I guess no one cares?

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Yeah, the only thing I’m curious at all about in 1.4 is the AI diplo rebalance. Everything that might fundamentally change the game is in 1.5.

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/victoria-3-1-4-update-video.1597473/

And we have a video about the update. The 1.4 and the DLC release in couple of hours.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
In addition to the update video they had this text on 1.4 in an earlier dev diary. Performance and goods substitions changes sound good to me.

quote:

Selected Highlights in Update 1.4
Update 1.4 focuses mostly on bug fixes and performance improvements, but we have still made a handful of major enhancements:

Convoy Raiding Revisions​
Convoy Raiding has been made more impactful on the long term economic health of your supply network, as the time it takes to recover sunk convoys now scales properly against both the damaged shipping lanes and overall number of convoys produced. However, defending against raiders has also been made more reliable, with the introduction of a ‘shielding’ effect where admirals with Escort Convoys orders now directly reduce the number of convoys sunk during attacks by an amount relative to their fleet’s defensive combat effectiveness, further boosted by secondary PMs such as Destroyers.

Patrolling fleets are no longer only there to try and catch convoy raiders in the act, but also act to directly reduce the number of convoys sunk by hostile admirals

Goods Substitution Changes​
The Goods Substitution system has received a face-lift to make it more easy to work with for both ourselves and modders. We’ve also taken the time to tweak a bunch of the weights for goods to make certain goods more in demand (such as for example Meat and Fish, as well as Oil for heating in the early game)

Subject Independence Wars​
A much-requested fix to independence wars means that subjects that are fighting for their freedom no longer continue to pay subject taxes to or stay in the market of their overlord.

Imperialist AI Revisions​
The AI of Imperialist colonial powers in 1.4 has been made more inclined to go on certain overseas adventures such as opening up Japan’s market, and also less inclined to support Unrecognized powers against the aggressions of fellow imperialists unless they have a strong reason to do so (such as an alliance or a desire to seize that land for themselves).

I do kinda hate Paradox's new direction of "just put updates in a video". I like text much more.

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style
I finished my first game last night, at apparently the perfect time haha

The end was very anticlimactic, I was socialist Colombia, and my Venezuelan neighbors were going to get puppeted by the Autocratic Russians. I sent out my fleet to hunt Russian convoys, but they still managed to land. I unfortunately couldn't support the Venezuelans against the initial landing, because there was no front yet lol but right when they landed, I sent my guys over to pish them back into the sea, and the game ended.

The endgame itself was very awkward as well. The French commune, who I had defense treaties with, kept pulling me in fights when their Autocratic puppets had socialist revolts. I guess imperialism>ideology

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

everydayfalls posted:

Change the policing law to reduce land owner political power. I had a blood less end to slavery by the end of the 1850s last time I played USA.
Literally the first thing I did, because I hate landowner policing. Maybe that was a mistake? I'm not trying to get a bloodless end to slavery, I want a very small civil war so I can get the event that adds Afro-American to my primary cultures.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Looks like update 1.4 is up now. Changelog:

quote:

Dawn of Wonder
Day/Night cycle, configurable from the Theme Selector
Lighting effects added to many new and existing gfx entities
Night time soundscape now differs from daytime
Festive clothing added for pops celebrating Carnival, Midsummer, Diwali, and royal weddings in Eastern Europe
New Day/Night UI Theme added
Day/Night themed paper map with zodiac illustrations
Greenwich Observatory, Wat Arun, Temple of Poseidon, and Martand Sun Temple added as map decorations
Pocketwatch, Candle, Atabey statue, and Hongshan statue added as table decorations
Day/Night themed stagecoach
New loading screen art

Improvements
Fixed some issues with goods substitution that was causing certain goods (such as oil in the early game) to not be demanded in correct amounts
Subjects no longer remain in their overlord's market during an independence play/war
Subjects no longer pay taxes to their overlord during an independence play/war
Garibaldi will now stick around in minor Italian cultured nations, even in peacetime
The American Civil war will now only ever happen as a result of a revolution to preserve, expand or abolish slavery
Admirals with Escort Convoys orders now reduce the amount of damage done to convoys under their protection, scaling with the defensive combat stats of their ships
Added strait adjacency to Vancouver Island
Replaced all technology cost modifiers with technology speed modifiers, as these scale better and work properly with temporary modifiers such as from Interest Group traits
Convoy Raiding damage is now partially randomized
Randomly generated characters will now get up to 3 attempts to find a name that is unique among their country's characters
Added a Portuguese admiral active in 1836
Added Wikipedia links for some historical leaders of popular and recommended nations

Balance
Loyalists are now gained much slower due to high Legitimacy levels
Standard of Living improvements now create more Loyalists while at the highest Legitimacy level
Construction Sectors now use 3 infrastructure instead of 0.2
Belgium no longer starts with an illegitimate government
Fine Art can no longer be fully substituted by purchasing Services instead
Added Dye Plantation potential to Haiti and Santo Domingo states
Slowed the progress of Cement the Rightful Dynasty for all legitimacy values below 90.
Removed extra starting Arts Academy in Austria from history files
Lanfang now starts with the Academia technology
Papal State starting trade route for Art now goes to Spain instead of Austria

AI
The AI (and autonomous construction) will now stop constructing in states with no workforce once the current available infrastructure is mostly used up, to avoid an endless cycle of constructing unused building levels
The AI is now less likely to accept peace deals or capitulate if the whole country will be annexed
The AI will no longer change who it is supporting for a Unification when at war or committed to a side in a diplomatic play, except to remove support for a country they are at war with (fixes an exploit with abusing temporary attitude changes from diplomatic plays to gain supporters)
The AI for countries with the Economic Imperialism strategy is now more keen on opening up Japan's market
The AI is no longer incorrectly biased to use only Anchorage PM in Ports
The AI is now less inclined to support unrecognized powers against fellow recognized powers unless they have a strong reason to do so
The AI will now take the decision to reduce Haitian debt.
The AI will now take the decision to annex Kraków as Austria.

Performance
Performance when playing with mods that add Interest Groups has been improved
Added a setting to cull distant buildings
Optimized the memory consumption by building particles
Optimized the trade routes panel
Performance improvements for character rendering
Particle Optimization
Optimized the graphics for the day and night cycles
Reduced the number of cars spawning on roads late-game

Interface
Added a Theme Selector to the main menu and ingame menu
Buildings can now be pinned to the outliner
Added a new read out to the war panel that exposes an AI controlled country's willingness to capitulate in a war
The player now gets a notification if a country that they are at war with (either as a co-belligerent or as an enemy) goes into default, making them more likely to capitulate or accept peace
Amended the character panel with a zoom-to button that orients the map to the location of the character and a location to the panel subtitle
Show Strategic Region names instead of Country names in the Declare Interest Map Mode
The cost tooltip for technologies now explains the penalty for unresearched technologies in earlier eras
Add flavor description to the Interest Groups' tooltips
Added a toast message indicating new and old ruler when they are changed.
Hide the "Trade Routes" section in the Goods Details panel for non-Tradeable Goods.
Add shortcut to the Goods details panel in Goods right-click menu
Sea Node tooltip now tells you how many of your convoys are passing through the node
Change the default keybind for Decisions from F12 to F11
Zoom-to buttons are now disabled when you are already where they would take you
Remove the support value shown on Agitators on the Political Movement panel since Agitators now give a multiplier and not a flat support bonus to the movement
Show all potential Diplomatic Actions in the right-click menu for another Country instead of only showing the currently possible.
The Agitator concept now has more information included
Add functionality to instantly create a Trade Route to your Market when looking at the details for a Good in a foreign Market
Add more actionable information to the "Establish Import/Export Route" tooltips (Price, Balance, Sell/Buy Orders)
Make the back button the Sway Offer always go back one step, instead of going back two when a Offer type is selected.
Added a list of IG icons after the name of the Party in a few places throughout the UI
Add enactment cooldown to the setback concept tooltip
Added information about the new leader and ideology to the "IG Leader Retired" Notification
The Hegemon final objective now displays how much of a share of the global population you currently control
Removed confusing checkmark boxes from Healthy Economy Game Concept
Diplomatic Action map interactions will now display the correct cursor
Moved "Cut Off Buildings" setting to advanced graphics section (renamed to "Cull Distant Buildings")
Long graphic card names no longer displays out-of-bounds in settings menu

Art
Vancouver Island isn't connected to British Columbia by land anymore
Map borders now blends better with the map
Updated the look and feel of the New Game Screen
Fixed text and scale on VotP map (VotP)
Fixed the issue were the equator was gone on VotP map (VotP)
Blue flag event marker is now scaled better
Tweaked "Forbidden City" texture values to closer match the rest of the adjacent buildings.
All port buildings now start as "small" size
War Machine factories should no longer cause clipping issues in cities

Modding
Added 'kill_population' and 'kill_population_in_state' effects
Character templates can now define a command HQ and rank
New compare triggers 'global_population', 'total_population_share', 'total_population_including_subjects', and 'total_population_including_subjects_share'
Added a 'pop_type_percent_state' trigger that checks whether the scoped state has X% of its population belonging to the specified pop type
Added an 'ignore_battle_conditions' console command
Added a 'noshortages' console command that prevents penalties for supply shortages in Buildings
Added a 'fastincorporate' console command that incorporates states immediately
Added a 'nosupportloss' console command that prevent countries from losing war support
Added a 'month' compare trigger to check the current game month (useful for seasonal dress-up)
Adds console command 'Logging.PopGrowth' to print the birthrate and mortality rates for each Standard of Living level

Bugfixes
Added workaround for crashes related to Intel high end CPUs
Unique interest groups are now calculated on creation, rather than in a country's history, allowing revolutionary countries etc. to inherit their parents' unique interest groups
Fixed localisation errors related to France's Natural Borders
Fixed various scope issues in agitator law events
Fixed erroneous scoping in "A Clause is Coming to Town" event
Fixed a spline network crash
Fixed an issue where colonization would be prohibited by other countries with claims even if they had no access to what you were trying to colonize
Fixed a bug that allowed combat units to have more demoralized soldiers than actual soldiers in the unit
Improved MP stability by resolving Out of Syncs resulting from flawed cache operations
Fixed a bug where it was possible to use the 'Transfer Subject' wargoal on Customs Unions and Personal Unions
Fixed an issue where trade route levels would alternate between increasing and decreasing every week due to inconsistencies in profitability calculations
All countries that can create Interests now gain an active Interest in their capital region with no delay
The Vox Diaboli event will no longer fire in atheist countries
Fixed a bug where the zoom button to an Admiral raiding convoys got hung-up on zooming.
Buildings can no longer be queued past the level limit while they are in the private construction queue
Only show savegame incompatibility warning popup when the save is incompatible
Fixed a bug that would prevent the reform government mode from closing when confirming a government with low legitimacy, potentially leading to one or more IGs being visually duplicated
Children no longer experience early hair loss
Fixed an issue in diplomatic play clean up for dying countries
Generated heirs are now subject to the default character template like all other characters
Fixed a bug where the game would keep trying to spawn a Civil War without any uprising States
Fixed a bug where the player as observer without country could still receive notifications
Fixed agitator home country tooltip displaying NULL_OBJ
Fixed a bug where the Buildings Panel would have clickable buttons under "Potential Buildings", for buildings that cannot be built
Fixed notification saying that country was swayed by itself when it was swayed by one of its subject countries
Added a long cooldown to the DEI breakup event, so that choosing option c (continue to exist as DEI) will not cause the event to spam endlessly.
Fixed the bug when becoming non-independent for two neighboring countries in the same state region didn't allow to set up trade routes
Fixed the bug when a low number of convoys due to convoy raiding would not apply to excess convoy calculation
Fixed a bug that would cause error log spam when hovering over the acceptance indicator when proposing wargoals to sway a country in a diplomatic play
Fixed a localization error in the trigger description for is_unification_candidate
Fixed some cases where relations with overlord and top overlord were not being checked when starting diplomatic plays like Conquer State against subjects
Fixed issue with Increase Relations Tutorial not triggering
Reduced spawn rate of certain African colonial events
Fix notification names overflowing in the Message Settings
Fixed an OOS due to the construction queue validation erroneously running during cache recalculation
Fixed a bug related to fetching the ruler title from the government type in an effect splitting up on_government_type_change into two parts, putting the setting of ruler into a second effect on_post_government_type_change
Fixed notification for new Trade Route mistakenly predicting it to "shrink to level -1"
Fixed a bug when sometimes rank loss couldn't be stopped by increasing the prestige
Fixed a bug when newly released country manpower in barracks wasn't properly updated and country had an empty armies that doesn't refill
Fixed the bug when died recruitable characters created field promotions
Construction queue duration estimate is now more accurate
Subject country name is now correctly displayed in 'join side' diplomatic play notifications
Fixed an UX issue that would cause a lone X to appear in tooltips for character interactions that cannot be executed
Fixed an issue that could cause tooltips for `add_modifier`, `add_enactment_modifier`, `remove_modifier`, and `remove_modifier` effects from displaying incorrectly when the modifier has an apostrophe in the name
Obligation Alert will now display the correct country in all situations
Removed repeat economic law stance in anarchist ideology
Legitimist monarchs no longer kill each other in rapid succession when generated
Limited rate of African colonization event spawn
Giovanni Gentile will now advocate for fascism in Italy rather than Siam, and Ernst Röhm is now a protestant
Fixed CTD which happen while new state was spawned after another state had been removed
Fixed a bug when "Oil Rush" effects or similar wouldn't increase employee count in a building
Fixed CTD when stateless building tried to access impossible array size
Fixed CTD which happen while new state was spawned after another state had been removed
Map interactions involving HQ's will no longer contain duplicate UI entries
Diplomatic Action map interactions no longer allow clicking on invalid interactions
Changing shader quality to low should no longer cause rendering of the map to display in water.
Fixed OOS related to Player Data
Added entries for some missing modifier localization
Infante Alfonso Carlos, Duke of San Jaime will no longer spawn as a Legitimist ruler before 1931 (VotP)
Fixed crash when switching the graphics settings in the main menu after returning to it from the game
Fixed an issue that prevented the Alaska Purchase from firing if the USA had a higher GDP than Russia
Improved script for Government Petitions Journal Entries so it only looks if the Interest Group is powerful or not
Lowered pop needs max supply share for Services and increased weight for Art
Fixed issue with unlocalized Sea Node in the Atlantic Ocean
The tutorial now explain why you can join a customs union
Fixed incorrect text in additional income and additional expenses
Declare Interest Tutorial will now select a region for you to declare an interest in instead of looking for available interests
Removed potential for duplicate Bismarcks
French heirs will now have the proper ideologies
Bohemia can now form Czechoslovakia
The Belle Époque no longer invalidates erroneously
Revolutionary events will no longer occur in unincorporated states
Ships should no longer disappear at the edge of the camera view

Gort fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Aug 28, 2023

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
Huh, construction sectors going from 0.2 infrastructure to 3 is going to be interesting. Feels a bit drastic though - that's a massive, massive change.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

it should definitely hurt stacking them in the early game (whenever you dont have railroads or another ok infra booster) for throughput scaling, which should probably make people who start behind scale even slower? Interesting implications

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

I wonder if that's a typo and they meant 0.3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

quote:

Modding
Added 'kill_population' and 'kill_population_in_state' effects

What would you use this for?? A "Chicxulub Impact in 1852" mod?