Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Attorney Souls when?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

The 7th Guest posted:

so was ace attorney 7 and yet still i wait, year after year....

Is it possible it was just a weirdly named GAA? That one came out, of course.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Ace Attorney but due to sweeping legal reforms, all trials are now trials by mech combat

the OBJECTION!! pose fires the shoulder missiles

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Did the performance issues on Wo Long ever get fixed up? Thinking of picking it up during a sale.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

ymgve posted:

Is it possible it was just a weirdly named GAA? That one came out, of course.

I looked it up again and Ace Attorney 7, The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles, and the upcoming Apollo Justice Trilogy are separate entries on what is generally agreed to be a real Capcom leak (but not the PC leak mentioned earlier). Granted, it lists AA7 as a release date of 2021......

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Did the performance issues on Wo Long ever get fixed up? Thinking of picking it up during a sale.

It’s been improved but I don’t think they fixed the thing where the game speed slows down by how far your frame rate is below your cap, so you generally can’t run it at 120 FPS, you need to cap it at 60.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I ended up refunding Blasphemous 2...I'll re-buy it eventually on sale but it wasn't particularly grabbing me compared to the first one, and then I got to the first main boss and it has (at least) three phases, where you fight one boss, then another completely different boss, then both at the same time. Multi-phase bosses with multiple life bars in a row are one of my least favourite things in this genre and to pull out the rare quadruple life bar on the first boss really just soured me on an already shaky experience. I have enough on my plate with BG3, AC6, and soon Starfield, so it didn't take much to convince me to clear it off my plate for now.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Volte posted:

I ended up refunding Blasphemous 2...I'll re-buy it eventually on sale but it wasn't particularly grabbing me compared to the first one, and then I got to the first main boss and it has (at least) three phases, where you fight one boss, then another completely different boss, then both at the same time. Multi-phase bosses with multiple life bars in a row are one of my least favourite things in this genre and to pull out the rare quadruple life bar on the first boss really just soured me on an already shaky experience. I have enough on my plate with BG3, AC6, and soon Starfield, so it didn't take much to convince me to clear it off my plate for now.

You actually have three story bosses you can do in any order. I think the one you picked might be the hardest one.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

ymgve posted:

You actually have three story bosses you can do in any order. I think the one you picked might be the hardest one.

yeah which is exactly like the first game. I did Charred Visage first and was like wtf is the whole game like this? then the rest I got on the first try

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

ymgve posted:

Figures, I did the same thing in Blasphemous 1. Nevertheless there's still something about the first one that feels like it's missing in this. The first one felt like a kind of "2D Soulslike" take on a Castlevania game, but this one just feels more like a straight up Symphony of the Night clone.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
That honestly sounds like an improvement to me.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Well I never thought the combat was the strong suit of SotN, but that's the vibe the combat in this game gives me when I really liked it in Blasphemous 1. I'll play it eventually, I just needed to ditch something and these things made it the prime candidate unfortunately.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
That makes me a bit disappointed. I really enjoyed the slower and more methodical pace of Blasphemous 1.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

multiple hp bars on a boss is a pet peeve of mine too. never liked how that feels.

i also hate when a boss fight ends at like 30% and then you kill the boss in a cutscene or with a qte

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015

Hwurmp posted:

Ace Attorney but due to sweeping legal reforms, all trials are now trials by mech combat

the OBJECTION!! pose fires the shoulder missiles

https://writeups.letsyouandhimfight.com/professorprof/giant-allege/

Not vouching for the website, but this does exist.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Junkenstein posted:

This happened to a Dualshock of mine. I think dust had built up in there. The tried and tested blow really hard method worked but not permanently.

Wiggle the stick a bit on the right side while blowing into the left.

This was enough by itself to completely fix the problem, at least for now. thanks!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Volte posted:

The first boss is sister friede? That sounds extremely rad to me

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Blasphemous 2 has been absolutely great so far, I've completed one of the three initial objectives and think it's pretty unique that the three weapons you can choose from at the start are actually metroidvania functions, so you're choosing more than a first weapon, you're choosing a first ability that lets you get around the environment. not sure if anything special happens when you would get the one you started with, but starting with the sarmiento & centella and immediately being able to do stuff that needs a combination of that weapon + the flail I just got has been pretty neat.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

repiv posted:

speaking of which, half life 2 remastered was in the GFN leak which is presumably the RTX remix version they just announced

lol that they ever pretended that the titles in the GFN database were "speculative"

the speculative part is really just that those were all internal projects and just because the devs were in talks with nvidia doesn't stop any of them from being canned or retooled to a different ip or having the port canceled for business reasons or whatever before they ever "officially" enter the public eye

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:

Jossar posted:

That's a real coughs-up-blood moment right there, would've been pleasantly surprised to see Wandering Sword come out already.

Okay, found a confirmation from Gamescom (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3cvql3088A) that Wandering Sword is in fact releasing on September 15th!

And I guess in case you can't wait that long for a wuxia-esque experience, this game I reviewed from the last NextFest is going into early access next week: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1696440/The_Matchless_Kungfu/. Just screw around for 2 weeks, why not.

EDIT: Since this is apparently the wuxia games update post: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1948980/Heros_AdventureRoad_to_Passion/ - This game which people liked finally decided to officially bundle the fan translation into English directly into the game today as a stopgap until the full thing is out. Be warned that it's a mostly-machine translation that was then curated rather than an entirely organic production though.

Jossar fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Aug 26, 2023

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

Velocity Raptor posted:

It's coming right after Bloodborne's PC release.

:negative:

Bro.... :smith:
-
Six Days in Fallujah has a special kind of trauma where when I'm killed by an RPG or a mortar shell and it's an instant black screen. Death feels so sudden.

It's also a game that has trained me to hate snipers with a passion.
-
Edit: ACVI is tearing me up. I'm not very good at it and the extremely, highly (poison swamp) toxic Steam Discussion forum isn't as helpful as it could be. Still picked up a couple useful things to help me beat that first boss. Sheesh.

Jamfrost fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Aug 26, 2023

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Okay since nobody is loving talking about it then I will.

Bomb Rush Cyberfunk is loving amazing. Not only does it manage to capture the Jet Set Radio audio-visual style absolutely perfectly, but it also polishes it's gameplay loop to absolute mirror shine.
People rarely talk about Jet Set Radio's gameplay because, frankly, it's wasn't that good, but Bomb Rush Cyberfunk corrects all the flaws and manages to create a game that actually plays like what the developers of Jet Set Radio meant for it to play, instead of what it actually was.
I have never seem a more perfect spiritual successor to anything before.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I have a few tiny beefs with Bomb Rush Cyberfunk. I wish the map showed more stuff. I wish the police escalation cutscenes could be toggled off. Game owns otherwise

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Epic has finally caught up with the Steam library by showcasing the work of DarkSexualArtz
https://launcher.store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/evalinathe-sorceress-a9a60a

Thank you for the curated shopping experience

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
My god. She has three spells. Who can keep three whole spells straight when you’re playing with one hand?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i'd forgotten how strict We Love Katamari is compared to the original. sweating bullets here only to be met with an "eh, it's ok i guess" evaluation

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Oxxidation posted:

i'd forgotten how strict We Love Katamari is compared to the original. sweating bullets here only to be met with an "eh, it's ok i guess" evaluation

Stop disappointing your amazing wonderful dad

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

HopperUK posted:

Stop disappointing your amazing wonderful dad

He's perfect.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

finished Turok 2, drat those levels were fuckin huge. now i can be ready for turok 3 when that comes out

i still have Forsaken Remastered installed, and AVP 2000, XIII, and Doom64 installed so i've still got some retro shootin to do but i'm undecided if i want to keep pressing on or switch back to modern games again

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Fun Times! posted:

He's perfect.

If he's so perfect, then why did he have such an imperfect child?

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

Galaga Galaxian posted:

If he's so perfect, then why did he have such an imperfect child?

That's just how he rolls.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Perfection is singular.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

is it good

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

I don't think it looks bad, it just doesn't look worth AAA pricing. Definitely picking it up in the Winter sale for $15

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Even the favorable reviews have been saying it's a ~7/10 game at best which could serve as a palate cleanser between the other major releases which have been coming out recently. Looks like a generic particle fest with the same annoying Joss Whedon writing that's infected a lot of games lately.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Wait, you guys are getting time between major releases?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Ragequit posted:

Wait, you guys are getting time between major releases?

The trick is to buy all the big games and then never play them.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

kazil posted:

The trick is to buy all the big games and then never play them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I'm looking for suggestions for difficult multiplayer games that absolutely require your teammate to survive. I'm trying to come up with a way to teach teamwork between me and a friend of mine. I was thinking maybe a tactical shooter ala Ghost Recon Wildlands, any Battle Royale, maybe running the ranked doubles playlist on Halo 3, or maybe an RTS. Any suggestions?