Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you like Alien 3 "Assembly Cut"?
Yes, Alien 3 "Assembly Cut" was tits.
No, Alien and Aliens are the only valid Alien films.
Nah gently caress you Alien 3 sucks in all its forms.
View Results

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

From the few interviews I've seen with him or with people talking about him he seems pretty well liked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

david_a posted:

Ok, not sure I got that from. In the special features I’ve watched he kinda gave off a too-cool-for-school vibe but that might have just been earlier in his career.

He had issues getting roles after Aliens which was possibly due to his professional personality, but he's fine with actual fans from what I've seen.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Darko posted:

He had issues getting roles after Aliens which was possibly due to his professional personality, but he's fine with actual fans from what I've seen.

I wonder if it had something to do with what happened on Alien 3, where he was pissed off that they changed plans and decided to kill off his character in the first scene. So he made a really high demand for them to use his likeness and they agreed to it, so he got paid a lot of money to barely appear in that movie.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Basebf555 posted:

I wonder if it had something to do with what happened on Alien 3, where he was pissed off that they changed plans and decided to kill off his character in the first scene. So he made a really high demand for them to use his likeness and they agreed to it, so he got paid a lot of money to barely appear in that movie.

i dont think he was getting a lot of major roles by alien 3 but it probably didnt help lol

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Tombstone came out a year after Alien 3

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

banned from Starbucks posted:

You can see how he's on the downward slide though by that point. Tombstone is a beloved movie but he's like the 4th or 5th biggest part in it, and he also had a lot of his role cut from what was supposed to be in the script. In that case the cuts had nothing to do with him, they just had an incompetent director who caused a lot of delays on the production so they had to cut stuff to stay on schedule.

But before Tombstone is 3 years of nothing and after Tombstone he never really has a major role again, outside of I guess The Rock but that was a pretty small part.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

banned from Starbucks posted:

And the Rock after that.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
I mean he's in The Rock for about 5 minutes and then dies. It's not exactly the type of role he probably saw himself doing in 1989 when he was still starring in James Cameron films.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Basebf555 posted:

He actually got paid more for his likeness in A3 than he got paid to be in ‘Aliens’.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Alien: Isolation is $7.99 on Steam.

If you haven’t played it… do yourself a favor!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/214490/Alien_Isolation/

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Biehn is a recovering alcoholic and that certainly figured in. I encourage people to watch his interview with Michael Rosenbaum. I hate the way Rosenbaum interviews but Biehn's personality shines through. He talks about Tombstone too.

https://youtu.be/JMdXkT2DEXc

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

MrMojok posted:

Alien: Isolation is $7.99 on Steam.

If you haven’t played it… do yourself a favor!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/214490/Alien_Isolation/

Listen to this person everyone.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

When I meet Michael Biehn I’m gonna say that I loved him in the videogame Aliens Colonial Marines and ask if he’s done any other Aliens franchise work I should check out

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I don’t think he had a good time on CM. I recall he got hosed but I’m not 100 sure

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

CelticPredator posted:

I don’t think he had a good time on CM. I recall he got hosed but I’m not 100 sure

:thejoke:

And no he didn't have a good time (mostly because the whole production sucked and he knew it). Reminder that he did Colonial Marines the same year he did Far Cry Blood Dragon, and it's very evident which one he had a better time making.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Colonial Marines is only about two years after he had a stroke, and he said it took him a long while to recover to the point where he could memorize lines again.

I can only imagine Biehn's reaction to Randy Pitchford.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Name Change posted:

Colonial Marines is only about two years after he had a stroke, and he said it took him a long while to recover to the point where he could memorize lines again.

"I've got some stuff on this thumb drive you've GOT to check out."

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
https://youtu.be/8h6BLFUkbeM

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

It's going to suck but it's cool it's happening, lol at the stock, nothing like Jerry Goldsmith's soundtrack music in this teaser.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

sigher posted:

First of the packages came in, Brett's Hat and the ashtray seen on the ship:

What's the retailer you got this at again? I'd like to grab that sweet hat. I found Magnoli Clothiers (holy smokes that's some expensive cosplay stuff) and they have the Nostromo patch, but no ashtray, and I feel like it was a different website anyway. Thanks!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Mister Speaker posted:

What's the retailer you got this at again? I'd like to grab that sweet hat. I found Magnoli Clothiers (holy smokes that's some expensive cosplay stuff) and they have the Nostromo patch, but no ashtray, and I feel like it was a different website anyway. Thanks!

https://www.nostromocrew.com/products

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Goatse ashtray.

Kind of still funny the idea that they're allowed to smoke on a loving spaceship

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

BiggerBoat posted:

Goatse ashtray.

Kind of still funny the idea that they're allowed to smoke on a loving spaceship

theres probably a rule taht says they cant but whose going to enforce it lol

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

BiggerBoat posted:

Goatse ashtray.

To be fair this was in an era where people were allowed to smoke on airplanes. Maybe the Nostromo had good air recyclers (or more likely, the crew weren’t getting paid enough to give a poo poo).

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Xenomrph posted:

To be fair this was in an era where people were allowed to smoke on airplanes. Maybe the Nostromo had good air recyclers (or more likely, the crew weren’t getting paid enough to give a poo poo).

All the various aliens know, when the Terrans show up their noxious fumes precede them. You'd think an airlock exposed to space wouldn't smell like stale tobacco and have that yellow tint, but...

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Name Change posted:

His performance in CM is abysmal, presumably because he knew it wasn't worth putting any effort in. Like, props to Henriksen for giving everything he's in 110% but I wish someone had told him to stay away from Gearbox.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Fil5000 posted:

His performance in CM is abysmal, presumably because he knew it wasn't worth putting any effort in. Like, props to Henriksen for giving everything he's in 110% but I wish someone had told him to stay away from Gearbox.

Henriksen has made a career of being choppered in to rescue bad movies

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Fil5000 posted:

To be fair a lot of that is down to the director. Video games are notoriously bad at hiring actual good voice directors. Henriksen's done a lot more vocal work so he understands the assignment.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Dawgstar posted:

To be fair a lot of that is down to the director. Video games are notoriously bad at hiring actual good voice directors. Henriksen's done a lot more vocal work so he understands the assignment.

IIRC I think Biehn basically said as much about CM in an interview somewhere CM had a real no one gives a gently caress cynical vibe, compared to Blood Dragon where he had a blast working on it because everyone seemed genuinely passionate.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Colonial Marines was being stripped for parts to make Borderlands 2 and line greasy Randy's bank account at the time,
So can believe how soulless it was for Biehn.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

https://www.cbr.com/dead-by-daylight-announces-alien-chapter/

quote:

As per Polygon, the Xenomorph from the Alien franchise is making its way into Dead by Daylight. The space creature, known for its relentless pursuit of prey, will be the next licensed character to join the roster. With its debut in the 1979 film Alien and subsequent appearances in various movies and video games, the Xenomorph is undoubtedly one of the most terrifying monsters in cinematic history.

The recently released teaser trailer for the Alien DLC showcased an eerie new map with an unmistakable Alien theme. Fans are buzzing with excitement over the possibility of exploring the Nostromo ship from the original Alien movie, which would perfectly complement the Xenomorph's deadly presence.

This game any good?

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Just look at YouTube videos; its a pretty old game at this point. It's similar to Friday the 13th and the upcoming TCM game; one player is the killer and everyone else has to survive.

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

Darko posted:

Just look at YouTube videos; its a pretty old game at this point. It's similar to Friday the 13th and the upcoming TCM game; one player is the killer and everyone else has to survive.

They've got an astounding number of different licensed killers with different, highly thematic mechanics, but the actual gameplay seems very dull and repetitive.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Absolutely worth playing for a bit but it will get old kind of fast. As posted just above me the variety of licensed killers and how they work is impressive but the endgame doesn't really change.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

That's a complicated answer, but you can boil down to the fact that it's a party game that too many people try to treat like a high-level competitive game so you've got a lot of people trying way too hard. That said give it a shot when it's on sale, might be your thing.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

That's a complicated answer, but you can boil down to the fact that it's a party game that too many people try to treat like a high-level competitive game so you've got a lot of people trying way too hard.

So...just like every other competitive online game then?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

BiggerBoat posted:

So...just like every other competitive online game then?

Texas Chainsaw Massacre, while new, has not yet gone that route which follows in the footsteps of the previous devs' work in Friday the 13th. They're trying very hard to make it not competitive. No skill-based matchmaking for starters.

Probably still leave comms off unless you're playing with friends.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

TCM has already been "figured out," and people are running it like a competitive game. There's basically no reason to even be quiet for most of the round and you can just blaze through objectives with a good team. A good family team will just shut everyone out.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

That’s usually how those asymmetrical games work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
The Sawyer Meta