Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Z the IVth posted:

I don't understand why Miscast felt an urgent need to put his face on the screen either. If your video is 80% you talking to the screen and 20% actually painting/building, you should maybe just do a podcast.

because Trent is wholesome and adorable as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Scratch Monkey posted:

Scratch built as in “hand carved” or “built from a number of 3D printed parts” I wonder

"hand carved"? :thunk:

Considering the insane number of points of similarity between horus and sanguinius and the forge world model, bit with pose variations, I'm going to go with conversions of the actual models. The emp I dunno about. I also don't consider it lesser if he was entirely 3d printed, that's still a lot of work and talent, just different skills.

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.
He confirmed in the comments of the linked post that the models were 3d printed, but also digitally sculpted by him. Even if (or gently caress - especially if) it’s a physical/digital kitbash, it’s still a goddamn amazing diorama.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

yes

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Hedningen posted:

He confirmed in the comments of the linked post that the models were 3d printed, but also digitally sculpted by him. Even if (or gently caress - especially if) it’s a physical/digital kitbash, it’s still a goddamn amazing diorama.

Jesus that attention to detail copying horus/sanguinius.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Am i looking at a motherfucking Leman Semple?

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Z the IVth posted:

To be fair to MWM he did have some great content to start but as the years went by it started to get very samey. He's not good enough to just sit there and deliver a lecture on best painting practices like Vince and there's only so many simple painting hacks you can do before it all melds together like youtube diarrhoea.

Other great seizure/stroke face havers - EonsOfBattle, Mediocre Painting (how apt) and Luke APS.

I don't understand why Miscast felt an urgent need to put his face on the screen either. If your video is 80% you talking to the screen and 20% actually painting/building, you should maybe just do a podcast.

The issue is that there's no concept for a channel that's a literally bottomless well. Sooner or later the thing will have run its course, at which point you've got to do something different. The better the original content and more specific the initial concept, the less room that gives the creator. But if it's your source of income, it's difficult to just let it end.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Ok, I'm starting to dread a bit.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Hedningen posted:

It's definitely a boatload of skill to both sculpt and paint to that level and it's no knock if he realised his design with a 3D printer rather than working with traditional media.

Just don't be like some youtube creators who translate "built" as "printed a commercial stl with my 3d printer".

Silhouette posted:

because Trent is wholesome and adorable as gently caress

He could leverage that into ASMR or eating videos though. Should be more lucrative than hobbying.

Z the IVth fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Aug 9, 2023

Silver John
Sep 30, 2014

CapnAndy posted:

This was on display at GenCon and I thought it was breathtaking.

If you can't read the little information sheet underneath, the entire thing is scratch-built.

Hey, it’s a remake of that diorama from the third (fourth?) edition space marine codex!

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

I believe I can flyyyy...
*queue furious flapping and mechanical squawking*

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

suddenly dropping my idea to buy a bunch of Les Grognards boxes and instead finding someone who does sci fi infantry in lemon squeezer hats.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The inability to rotate right is very human.

Decorus
Aug 26, 2015
I need to get my hands one one of those Bob Russ tanks for my friends GSC army. The greatest killdozer that ever existed.

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.

Z the IVth posted:

It's definitely a boatload of skill to both sculpt and paint to that level and it's no knock if he realised his design with a 3D printer rather than working with traditional media.

Just don't be like some youtube creators who translate "built" as "printed a commercial stl with my 3d printer".

Agreed. Digital sculpting is tricky.

Also, nothing pisses me off quite like “hobby personalities” who advertise commissioning sculptors/multiple designers to “making my own stuff!” - from a rights perspective, that’s technically true, but if I’m searching for that, then I drat well want to see the sculpting process and technical elements, not someone explaining the amazing hack of paying a professional to do that poo poo for you. Especially if the sculptor is essentially uncredited or not acknowledged as a part of the process beyond “translate picture to physical object” - a good contrast to that is Rogue Hobby’s recent video on the goblin model, where she goes through all of the steps needed for making and releasing the project, and highlights the specialized skills needed to sculpt based off of her art. It’s a cool video.

Here’s a link to that goofy tank, too: https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-simple-tank-285816

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
I’m taking a few points off because Horus doesn’t look to have his giant head hose

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

Ernest?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Aug 16, 2023

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Fun, funny, well done. A++

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ultramarines.strategies.tactics.armies/permalink/3116280155332191/

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

One more

https://m.facebook.com/groups/eaviermetal/permalink/6778034518927368/

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

The goblin green SENMM is a nice touch

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

lmao is the landscape in the reflection bliss.jpg aka default winxp wallpaper?
that's brilliant if it is

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

This is awesome. :swoon:

But everyone is supposed to wait for September 2nd to post to the hashtag. :colbert:

I guess when you're that good, gently caress the "rules".

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

I know the red helmet is standard for one of their units, but my headcanon is that he stole it from another chapter as a drunken prank.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

BIG GUY

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Its so players with one eye know hes not just a normal sized guy really close up.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Oh hey, it's a Punga not-Bloodbowl rat ogre. Punga's got some great 3D sculpts. They shortchanged me on models after taking ages to ship my order, sent me partially cured prints, and it's been a whole quarter since I last heard anything from them about making my order right. Don't give them money.

Anyway, it's a cool sculpt.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
finally, some good space marine minis

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Nebalebadingdong posted:

finally, some good space marine minis

Tyberos the Rad Wake.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

darkwasthenight posted:

Tyberos the Rad Wake.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Greatest mini ever painted! Unrelated, I painted it.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Electric Hobo posted:

Greatest mini ever painted! Unrelated, I painted it.

you did good

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

:haibrow:

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.
Over the weekend I raided the bitz box to assemble a group of Corpse Grinder Cultists I got for Necromunda. They're going in here because I intentionally made them to be just the scrunkliest oldhammer motherfuckers in my community. Behold: The Corpse Grinder Mutants (name pending)

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

(they're great!)

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

sasha_d3ath posted:

Over the weekend I raided the bitz box to assemble a group of Corpse Grinder Cultists I got for Necromunda. They're going in here because I intentionally made them to be just the scrunkliest oldhammer motherfuckers in my community. Behold: The Corpse Grinder Mutants (name pending)

:hellyeah: these guys own

Shazaminator
Oct 11, 2007
The power of Shazam compels you!
Loving Facepunch Bicepbrain.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

GWAR LIVES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy