Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Has anyone tried Briarbinds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

MJeff posted:

Is Vex Strike Force a guaranteed exotic? We got the bot in our discord, and there's been two since the daily reset and both dropped an exotic and it seems kinda wack that a public event is dropping guaranteed exotics while LLS and MLS are just ????? chance to get one.

Buy Destiny 2: Lightfall $49.99

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

MJeff posted:

Is Vex Strike Force a guaranteed exotic? We got the bot in our discord, and there's been two since the daily reset and both dropped an exotic and it seems kinda wack that a public event is dropping guaranteed exotics while LLS and MLS are just ????? chance to get one.

Yes, and it's also guaranteed to be an exotic you don't have, unlike LLS and MLS

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

MJeff posted:

It will always drop an exotic. Drops the ones you don't have first, then any random exotic armor from the pool. The lost sectors still.let you focus on a specific slot but they are kind of a waste of time now. Though Vex Strike Force does not happen when the incursion zone and terminal overload overlap.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Mill Village posted:

What perks are you using?

jagged/swordmaster/relentless/vorpal. if i'm using a sword i'm either just hitting things until they die (in which case i don't care about maintaining buff uptime because i'm lazy) or i'm in the artifact room in vow (in which case i just use a different sword).

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

can any PS5heads verify whether the crashing issue with Vex Strike Force has been fixed? I really enjoyed playing it the couple times I did but ultimately had to stay away or I’d CTD, which means new fun new exotics for me (don’t like the recent LLS rotation so I skip it)

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

can any PS5heads verify whether the crashing issue with Vex Strike Force has been fixed? I really enjoyed playing it the couple times I did but ultimately had to stay away or I’d CTD, which means new fun new exotics for me (don’t like the recent LLS rotation so I skip it)

I haven't noticed it crashing on my PS5 recently.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

To add on to the Savathun's Spire secrets post I made earlier: Keep an eye out in the final boss encounter for a big boss Shrieker called a Reclaimant that will appear sometimes! If you can burn it down and kill it before it closes up and vanishes, you'll get a seasonal gun (sometimes red border!) or a piece of armor and some other goodies! I'm unsure of what causes it to spawn, i've seen rumors and rumblings that everyone has to go through the correct symbol doors on the final platforming bit but no clue how true that is.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

T1g4h posted:

To add on to the Savathun's Spire secrets post I made earlier: Keep an eye out in the final boss encounter for a big boss Shrieker called a Reclaimant that will appear sometimes! If you can burn it down and kill it before it closes up and vanishes, you'll get a seasonal gun (sometimes red border!) or a piece of armor and some other goodies! I'm unsure of what causes it to spawn, i've seen rumors and rumblings that everyone has to go through the correct symbol doors on the final platforming bit but no clue how true that is.

Oh that's what that guy is

I think he's just random, it showed up for me first time I ran it and we just shot it

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

videogames

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

victrix posted:

You dont need to buy the expansion to do strike force

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

victrix posted:

It is absolutely nuts that Lightfall is pricier than Forsaken was.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

ehh it has a completely new power set usable in the rest of the game; you have to imagine at the very least all the QA needs to be paid for.

(I do get what you’re saying though.)

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Those fuckres!!!!

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Those fuckres!!!!

good thing wages have gone up proportionally

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Those fuckres!!!!

dipshit bootlicker response

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Eh you can leave the politics out of it. Stuff just costs more now than it did 5 years ago. Destiny Seasons just went up in cost too, right?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I got it on sale for the annual pass and dungeons really but boy Lightfall's campaign and Neptune aren't great

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Oxyclean posted:

good thing wages have gone up proportionally

Bungie does do wage increases based on inflation. They are one of the extremely small minority of game studios that do.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Forsaken + Annual pass was....75? (dunno if it was less if you bought them together, I bought the annual pass the day Season of the Forge came out)
Shadowkeep was 60.
Beyond Light was 70. (30th Anniversary was 29.99 at launch, right?)
Witch Queen was 80.
Lightfall was 100.
Final Shape is 100.

When I noticed the cost of the expansion had gone up every year, I thought that was kinda cringe, but I don't really mind it if we're getting two raids and two dungeons every year, I guess.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I just assume the rising cost is so they can pay higher wages and I fire off that extra couple bucks with a smile.

If there's extra content, even better. The pricing and SKU strategies of D2 are too confusing to try and compare your annual apples to apples.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kith posted:

videogames

:stare:

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

RocketRaygun posted:

Bungie does do wage increases based on inflation. They are one of the extremely small minority of game studios that do.

I'm more getting at the point that for the average consumer, costs are going up, regardless of inflation. I don't really like people using inflation as an excuse for next gen games being 70$ because it ignores so many factors, like wages stagnating, costs of living going up, and games selling to much wider audiences.

That said, I don't think the price of Lightfall is unreasonable or really worthy of "I can't believe it costs as much as Forsaken" - I'm also glad Bungie does wage increases based on inflation, might make price increases feel more excusable.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I've got a way to go

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

the witness stands no chance against the unwavering might of my mental illness

neutral milf hotel posted:

I've got a way to go

you can do it!!! blast those gribblies!!!

filmcynic
Oct 30, 2012

ex post facho posted:

Has anyone tried Briarbinds?

I've been playing around with them since this morning, and they're really a lot of fun once things get cranked up. While doing the seasonal activity just now, I had two void buddies flying around weakening everything in sight, with another perched on my shoulder throughout. Definitely worth the grind.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

filmcynic posted:

I've been playing around with them since this morning, and they're really a lot of fun once things get cranked up. While doing the seasonal activity just now, I had two void buddies flying around weakening everything in sight, with another perched on my shoulder throughout. Definitely worth the grind.

Grind?

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

the Lost Sector grind

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Well, that didn't take long. One away from being able to craft the new MG as well. Funny thing is, I wasn't even trying to unlock the pattern for this, the game has just been showering me with red borders. I've been focusing on the MG and the Red War engrams since I really want a Showrunner with Kinetic Tremors :lol:

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
LLS and MLS are strictly deprecated with the Vex Incursions, there's no reason to do them except for triumphs imo

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
also

Hunters: *Shatterdive exists for an entire season*

Warlocks: *Weavewalk disabled three days after launch*

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
How's everyone feeling about Hand Cannons since the buff? I've been loving them personally. It's super weird that with a Major Spec mod they come out doing more damage to orange bars than red bars, but it's fun!

I haven't had a chance to do any harder content besides like a single Hero Nightfall where I leaned on Epochal Integration (of all HCs) a lot, and it was not disappointing me, but I dunno if that'll drop off at higher difficulties.

Makes me really wish they'd buff other primaries against something besides red bars honestly. Also champs get affected by Major Spec mod but don't take the buffed damage, so with Vorpal + Major Spec Champs take about 23% less damage than an orange Major. The internal classification of enemies is weird.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
I used to HATE hand cannons. I only really liked crimson because it’s more like a battle rifle.

The changes are great IMO - I only had a chance to play for a few hours before leaving for a work trip but I enjoyed using regular ol legendary HCs, something I’ve literally never done.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I havent had the chance to really play with it but I brought out sunshot to do a handcannon gun bounty and it was fun as hell so maybe Ill roll with it some this season

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

malfeasance smashes the hell out of things and is blessed with being able to counter two champion types at once. a real workhorse of a weapon.

sunshot is also an add-clearing machine that has no trouble beating up orange bars too.

it's a real good season for handcannons in pve

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I plan to run HCs and Snipers (rapid fire) a lot this season. But for PvE. Feels messed up and wrong but it works.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Kith posted:

malfeasance smashes the hell out of things and is blessed with being able to counter two champion types at once. a real workhorse of a weapon.

sunshot is also an add-clearing machine that has no trouble beating up orange bars too.

it's a real good season for handcannons in pve
It's currently hella bugged, with overload HC on Lucky Pants lets it ramp up for not only crits but also slug explosions, hits max stacks after 5 crits, or just 10 body shots against non-crittable enemies.

LP/Malf is reallllllly strong, probably bugged.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

ex post facho posted:

LLS and MLS are strictly deprecated with the Vex Incursions, there's no reason to do them except for triumphs imo

Prisms source! PRISMS SOURCE, I SAY!

syntaxfunction posted:

How's everyone feeling about Hand Cannons since the buff? I've been loving them personally. It's super weird that with a Major Spec mod they come out doing more damage to orange bars than red bars, but it's fun!

I haven't had a chance to do any harder content besides like a single Hero Nightfall where I leaned on Epochal Integration (of all HCs) a lot, and it was not disappointing me, but I dunno if that'll drop off at higher difficulties.

Makes me really wish they'd buff other primaries against something besides red bars honestly. Also champs get affected by Major Spec mod but don't take the buffed damage, so with Vorpal + Major Spec Champs take about 23% less damage than an orange Major. The internal classification of enemies is weird.

I've been massing with the new 140 RPM Strand Hand Cannon, I think it feels pretty good. I also wanna mess with Thorn and I've been hearing Malfesance is bugged to do omega damage with Lucky Pants.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Sestze posted:

It's currently hella bugged, with overload HC on Lucky Pants lets it ramp up for not only crits but also slug explosions, hits max stacks after 5 crits, or just 10 body shots against non-crittable enemies.

LP/Malf is reallllllly strong, probably bugged.

even without Lucky Pants it still hits pretty drat hard, it's real good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Banner Titan (New, Updated 2023, Green Version) is stupid good. It'll be interesting to see if it gets nerfed or not but its feels very similar to Bonk Titan after spending some time messing around with it last night but with a little more room to mess up. Not quite as one-dimensional

I think you need to consider a few things if you're putting together Green Banner titan. Monte Carlo Yes/No? Lament Y/N? Into the Frey vs Flechette and your exotic choice.

HoIL looks fun and viable through like a seasonal to -10ish space. You have a little room to lean into suspend if you want but the melee just doesn't do enough for me and I feel like if I'm on Banner I want to maximize the Banner loop and not play suspend titan with a cool backpack. It was alot of fun, i felt strong bc of banner but overall kind of ~meh~ compared to our other two options. I just felt like I was leaving damage on the table since this whole thing is about melee/swords/finishers.

Syntho's I think will probably shake out to be the most used and widely applicable but perhaps not the most popular bc of Stronghold shenanigans. Your melee actually matters and there's alot of synergy offered with 1-2 punch shotguns, I wanna try tactor, and you aren't super reliant on any ability loop. The banner is actually enough to keep you alive through.....like way too much stuff. I did a master lightblade to work it out and I could face tank most of that first room wailing on me. I toe to toe'd a supered hive guardian and could hang out smacking it. It's also a little more flexible since even without monte carlo or a sword you are pretty relevant through the power of punch.

Stronghold I only messed around with and didn't get into any harder content but it felt really fun and I felt like I couldn't die. I watched Datto's video and I def echo the sentiment of if you run out of sword ammo, you are just a guy. I think stronghold would be an amazing tank but I'd feel alot better running it with an Aeons feeding you or if double special still worked. I could see a space where you play around a Stronghold titan being fed heavy. I don't have a great sense of ammo economy on this build or how to use it in an encounter with a boss.

Monte Carlo is interesting. It really helps the build shine but eats your weapon exotic slot and you're running an AR which may not always be the best for what you got going on. I think I'd shoehorn it into anything I could though because it's really lifts the whole build. Monte Carlo also lets you skip out on STR and lean into Flechette. I really like Flechette + Syntho's because of the damage and the unravaling off whatever you hit is pretty nice. Taking Monte Carlo means your deferring Lament which is fine.

Without Monte Carlo and with the ~ elemental wells orbs going on this season I liked Into The Frey. Its a little more teamwork oriented since you can apply woven to the homies and it gets you some melee energy back. Thread of Fury also pretty solid here if I'm trying to get my melee back without Monte carlo.

Aspect wise, I think you can get away with whatever you want as long as you take Thread of Warding. I like Thread of Transmutation to generate tangles and I ~think~ I need it to generate tangles if I'm not on a strand weapon but I'm not sure :shrug: imo your aspects are real dependent on what you're running irt to Monte Carlo and HoIL being present or not.

Glaives are real strong with the DR and pair well with synthos, I think they'll end up being really popular for most of these builds.

Swords are basically Lament, Bequest and Thin Precipece. You could also take Thronecleaver or whatever the titan one is but Bequest pairs with Forebarence so you know....its nice. we love synergy. You don't HAVE to run a sword though and I think you probably....won't in difficult content most of the time but lord is it fun. Not sure how I feel about the sword vs no sword thing since I'm trying to lean into the build right now and get a feel for it.

Loadout wise I think it'll end up being alot of like Monte Carlo/Glaive/DPS option or Sword. For seasonal stuff if you wanna be superman, give a try to Monte, Forebearence and Bequest.

I only spent like 2 or 3 hours messing around with all this so still lots of room but Banner is the real deal and there seesm to be ALOT of depth to where you can take it.