Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Renreeja posted:

I read through the 5th back in the day, that 5th book I just remember snippets of. Isnt there a plot point that Duncan is in some sort of living situation with a smokin hot babe, who wants to gently caress him real bad, but if he gives in shes gonna throat chop/snap his neck as soon as he cums?

they both try to imprint each other by being so good at loving that it enslaves the other but it backfires and they enslave each other...with love

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

kiimo posted:

they both try to imprint each other by being so good at loving that it enslaves the other but it backfires and they enslave each other...with love

Mister Speaker posted:

*extremely resigned voice*
yeah that sounds about right or something

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

kiimo posted:

*sigh* been waitin to do this/for this to happen

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

they're afraid.

THEY'RE AFRAID!

so say we all

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Duncan is also 12

E: someone was 12 in this hosed scenario I'm pretty sure

Jon
Nov 30, 2004

Shageletic posted:

Duncan is also 12

E: someone was 12 in this hosed scenario I'm pretty sure

I think it was the general who got reawakened and got superspeed like the flash. Boy, those later books got silly. God Emperor was the last good Dune book and would have made an excellent capstone if he had just wrapped it up a little more tightly and let it go. Now we get Herbert Jr. and Anderson churning out fanfic level malarky that contrives a happy ending for Leto, Jessica, even Yueh.

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

Miles Teg, haa I imagined him as elder Sean Connery.

My fave part is the baddies invite him for a grand feast, and they realise its impossible to gently caress with him cause he became too OP, but with a metabolism to match he eats like a 17 course feast and has to go take a big poo poo in the middle of the proceedings.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Mentat analysis: am moving at dangerous speed...sexually

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014

Renreeja posted:

My fave part is the baddies invite him for a grand feast, and they realise its impossible to gently caress with him cause he became too OP, but with a metabolism to match he eats like a 17 course feast and has to go take a big poo poo in the middle of the proceedings.

say what you will about dirty ol' frank, but the man knew to answer the only question that matters

what about the pee and poo?

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Eason the Fifth posted:

Just finished KSR's Ministry for the Future. No horniness except for being horny for the idea that carbon coin and new social media will save us

:negative:

There was some airship horniness (i think there also was airship horniness on Mars?)

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
IIRC that was extremely mild airship horniness. Like a kiss on the forehead. And something about her overflowing and filling him up, as the Atlantic Ocean did to the Mediterranean Sea millions of years ago? Whatever it was terrible. Geology and horny do not mix unless you are Mr. Frank Herbert!!

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Colonel Cancer posted:

Ministry for the Future was probably one of his weaker books, start strong, ends with a fart.
Probably one of the less horny though so not all is lost!

Yeah, that opening chapter with the muderheat is a very tough act to follow.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Tree Bucket posted:

The murderheat idea kept me awake for a few nights after I finished the book :stare:

Rest of the book was sorta dumb though :shrug:

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Tree Bucket posted:

Available online from the publisher.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Ob-Lig :

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
It really is a sign of progress that we've been able to move away from the dick shaped worms of old and more towards the rear end in a top hat shaped worms of the future.

Still, no ring, 0 stars.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Even more ob-lig:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Kwisass Haderach, the widening of the way

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
I still have that dream sometimes where the end of my dick opens up like the sandworm with the three-segment mouth, and folks, I am not a fan

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

muad dib, be careful :ohdear:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Eason the Fifth posted:

I still have that dream sometimes where the end of my dick opens up like the sandworm with the three-segment mouth, and folks, I am not a fan

What was will be what will be was

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014

Tigey posted:

Even more ob-lig:

It seemed to happen of itself, and they were embracing, pounding each other on the back, feeling the reassurance of solid flesh.

"You young pup! You young pup!" He kept saying.

And Paul: "Goat man! Goat man!"

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

I re-read it! I don't know why. Aaaaa

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Bubblyblubber posted:

I... I don't know why I did this.

Other than this picture being amazing it gave me a hilarious mental image of Leto II needing a reading glasses. Like Moneo brings him reports of how much spice did Ixians steal this week and Leto is like "where are my goddamn glasses".

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Shouldn't need glasses when you have prescience:colbert:

Dad didn't even need eyes.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I mean, until he did

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Tigey posted:

Even more ob-lig:

Much, Much better, may your thigh pads swell ponderously.
or May your shadrach kick many rear end

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

Renreeja posted:

Every once and a while I wonder "were those books really so bad? I only read one, ages ago" so thank you for reminding me that actually, they were even worse than I remember.

A million deaths are not enough for Yueh!

Jesus In A Can
Jul 2, 2007
From Concentrate
The one part about Miles' background that I never understood:

Heretics takes place 1500ish years after Nyla had her orgasm, and when either Taraza or Odrade are describing Miles, they say he's 296 years old. And they point out he got there without the spice. So, basically, within 1200 years, they bred a dramatically longer life in with the Atreides genes.

That's a pretty sudden shift in the Duniverse, considering Moneo was only 118 with the spice, being dashed upon the rocks aside.

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014

Jesus In A Can posted:

Heretics takes place 1500ish years after Nyla had her orgasm, and when either Taraza or Odrade are describing Miles, they say he's 296 years old. And they point out he got there without the spice. So, basically, within 1200 years, they bred a dramatically longer life in with the Atreides genes.

That's a pretty sudden shift in the Duniverse, considering Moneo was only 118 with the spice, being dashed upon the rocks aside.

whenever space pussy magic is not involved in the plot, every reader should be asking "where's the space pussy magic?"

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Jesus In A Can posted:

Well, you’d expect the B.G.s to know about stayin alive

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Sci-fi writers in the 50s and 60s were just on their own goddamn level in a way that is a combo of repulsive, laughable, and compelling all at the same time.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Heretics comes out in 1984 I think. Anyway it’s the 80s all the way down. I especially make sure to remember this whenever I imagine the characters’ hairstyles.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Dune was 65, and while Heretics was 84, I like to imagine that the 20 year continuum of horny and weird transcends linear time

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Riot Bimbo posted:

Wormliness is manliness and Duncan's in me just like hwi

Just requoting this because lol

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Well, Frank was born in 1920, so really you can also say around the Heretics and Chapterhouse releases,

Eason the Fifth posted:

Sci-fi writers in their 50s and 60s were are just on their own goddamn level in a way that is a combo of repulsive, laughable, and compelling all at the same time.

And still be reasonably accurate.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

skasion posted:

Lmao

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

skasion posted:

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

skasion posted:

Well you can tell by the way i use my walk.... hmmm....