Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Cuttlefush posted:

if you don't think the mgs5 gameplay is good i dont know what the hell you would like. ghost recon wildlands is actually kind of a good game (especially/mostly co-op with a friend). breakpoint... not so much. but they're good for ubisoft

sniper elite 4 is great. good stealth action. can do a lot of similar loving with dudes like in mgs5. gradenko should be posting more about his romp in it shortly. the other sniper elites too.

seconding these. ghost recon wildlands is actually great for just loving around and shooting baddies, especially since you can often get it for like 5-10 bucks or something. and even as someone who generally doesn't like stealth games, sniper elite is really fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
clerics are cool but they literally have too many loving spells and there is not enough room on the hot bar

the milk machine posted:

seconding these. ghost recon wildlands is actually great for just loving around and shooting baddies, especially since you can often get it for like 5-10 bucks or something. and even as someone who generally doesn't like stealth games, sniper elite is really fun

wildlands also has kind of a funny plot where you're just psycho us special murderers working for a psycho cia lady. and it has communists. i dont think bolivia was a fan of its portrayal and it's probably not great but the map itself is quite cool.

again if you play find a way to get the predator mission back in the game. it fuckin ruled.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the best video game, geoguessr, is doing a world championship

https://twitch.tv/rainbolt

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
geoguesr is good

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

god dammit i'm gonna have to get this game. i basically never buy full price games but i've failed saving throws against bg3 and now probably the stompy bot game

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

geoguessr pros are fuckin nuts

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Popy posted:

geoguessr pros are fuckin nuts

one guy just scored points against the opponent by recognizing a type of siberian sand formation

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Cuttlefush posted:

clerics are cool but they literally have too many loving spells and there is not enough room on the hot bar
you can click the + icon to get more room

(still not enough room)

i say swears online posted:

one guy just scored points against the opponent by recognizing a type of siberian sand formation
further evidence, if any was needed, that realistic erosion patterns elevate video games

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

A Buttery Pastry posted:

you can click the + icon to get more room

(still not enough room)

oh yeah im fully maxed out of course. what's really annoying is sorcs get an extra 2 colums for their metamagic icons. but you cant just expand horizontally on any other cahracter to get more columns. fuckin bullshit

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

A Buttery Pastry posted:

further evidence, if any was needed, that realistic erosion patterns elevate video games
all the trees look individually rendered too. really fantastic engine

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

this is loving wild

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

How do you avoid Balteus's flamethrower? No direction or position seems to work. Even going past him and behind him immediately results in him turning around and hitting you. That poo poo does half my health in damage, even with my current beefy build (which I did after realizing a speedy one is hopeless against him).

Also - boost being on L3 is loving awful and I'm going to change that first opportunity. Feel bad for console players who can't. Constantly hit it by mistake.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

geoguessr pros are real life mentats

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I won, but it was complete luck because he randomly decided to not abuse the flamethrower and melee attack in phase 2.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

How do you avoid Balteus's flamethrower? No direction or position seems to work. Even going past him and behind him immediately results in him turning around and hitting you. That poo poo does half my health in damage, even with my current beefy build (which I did after realizing a speedy one is hopeless against him).

Also - boost being on L3 is loving awful and I'm going to change that first opportunity. Feel bad for console players who can't. Constantly hit it by mistake.

get in close and stun him. Dual pulse guns shredded him

https://i.imgur.com/b5XFRDg.mp4

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Cuttlefush posted:

huh. i had that same scene and it was definitely not a romantic confession. he just talked himself into not blowing up quite yet because of how we're such good friends. which is good because i had given him the talk a few days previously that this wasn't his run. so far he's respected that boundary.

various tags do seem hosed up though. wouldnt be surprised if i suddenly get love bombed by him in act 3 or something

I honestly wonder if the romance stuff is bugged out, because it feels like I am playing sexual harassment simulator in my game. Every single one of my party members have hit on me, some even after I selected the 'I don't want a relationship.' tagged choices. Almost every major enemy has hit on me. Mindflayers have hit on me. Devils have hit on me. It's caused me to not give a poo poo about any of the companions and I just stopped talking to them at some point because it's just too goofy.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

I honestly wonder if the romance stuff is bugged out, because it feels like I am playing sexual harassment simulator in my game. Every single one of my party members have hit on me, some even after I selected the 'I don't want a relationship.' tagged choices. Almost every major enemy has hit on me. Mindflayers have hit on me. Devils have hit on me. It's caused me to not give a poo poo about any of the companions and I just stopped talking to them at some point because it's just too goofy.

yeah im guessing some flags get hosed up somehow. i have not had that experience at all. or did you choose the sexpot background?

kinda want to see what dialogue options you pick though...

no im kidding. all my companions had the initial interest check and then chilled out. and most of them are at like 98 approval so it aint that

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Ytlaya posted:

I won, but it was complete luck because he randomly decided to not abuse the flamethrower and melee attack in phase 2.

Good work, 621.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

48% of ac6 owners on steam still haven't beaten the chopper in the prologue lol

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Buck Wildman posted:

48% of ac6 owners on steam still haven't beaten the chopper in the prologue lol

you would be surprised by how many people buy games on steam and then just never play them

but also that's not true, 78% of people have the achievement for beating that level

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Salt and Sanctuary is a weird little game but I'm enjoying it, it's a lot more "linear path, some rooms off the path with stuff" than I'd like but it makes the lack of any kind of map a lot easier.

I'm starting to think my default build of biggest weapon+heaviest armor I can wear without fatrolling is one of the more powerful ones. Game is probably a LOT harder if you don't have any range

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

turn off the TV posted:

you would be surprised by how many people buy games on steam and then just never play them
this is basically the entire Games forum

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
tbf i used to be more guilty of that back in the mid 2010s. But these days i just buy newly launched games and play em striking while the zeitgeist is hot. i never buy humble or bundles or games that are on sale "just because" anymore. iit's usually either get em hot off the press or never at all for me

if a game has been on a wishlist more than a year for me, i dumpster it because if i haven't got around to buying it by then then i'm probably not that interested and it should just get chucked. i guess i marie kondo my steam wishlist/purchases more these days

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

There's deffo games I've never beaten but not a one I haven't played. Grew up scavenging nickels to afford a beat-up old Pokemon from the pawnshop so the idea of buying a game and not touching it... insane

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

DaysBefore posted:

There's deffo games I've never beaten but not a one I haven't played. Grew up scavenging nickels to afford a beat-up old Pokemon from the pawnshop so the idea of buying a game and not touching it... insane
some people like to pokemon every game.

i think it's kinda cope thing where you think "oh yeah i'll get around to it, i still got infinite free time like i'm 16 years old. plus i'll leave my 5000 game steam library to my kids they'll surely play them all at some point!!", not quite a mid-life crisis but in a similar vein and ideology to how most hoarders think is they're doing someone else a favor. and you just never do yet keep pouring more pokemon into your library.

i'm actually gunna humble brag because i'm actually quite proud of it: out of all the games i've purchased since 2020 (50?) I've at least played every single one. sure haven't beat em all but at least gave most of em the ol' college try. games ftw

Xaris has issued a correction as of 21:04 on Aug 26, 2023

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

turn off the TV posted:

but also that's not true, 78% of people have the achievement for beating that level

oic maybe I read the wrong achievement

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

lol, this first boss of Chapter 2 is pretty easy to cheese. Just zoom from one side of the long arena to the other as soon as she starts to get somewhat close to you, since she has no long-range attacks (closest is the phase 2 fire thing, but it still can't reach far enough). It seems like having the giant battery lets you zoom for a very long time, which is pretty nice (edit:oh wait, that's probably my booster, it mentions higher assault boost efficiency)

I just kept going from one side to the other and using my shoulder-mounted laser cannons on the weak spot.

My main weapons were dual gatling guns, which were kind of useless for the boss, but easily kill most other things. I went through all of the Rank E arena fights by just spamming my gatling guns and the lasers once they're stunned (plus kicks when there's a good opportunity).

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

get in close and stun him. Dual pulse guns shredded him

They still take a couple full magazines to knock out his shields, and if you get unlucky he'll melee you when you get close in phase 2 (or do theflamethrower which is also strong at close range). During phase 1 it's less of a. Issue, unless he busts out that loving shotgun. Could never figure out the timing for dodging it, even though I knew when it was coming.

Ytlaya has issued a correction as of 21:17 on Aug 26, 2023

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
lol starfield leaks

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

enjoying tank legs but working on that cowboy build I mentioned wanting to do

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
ac6 is amazing, you get two games in one. it's the best sticker maker since that one on the game boy

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Third World Reagan posted:

lol starfield leaks

Are there some?

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost
My BG3 crew has permanent clown makeup and I don't really want to fix it

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Ok I went and looked at the starfield leaks and it all seems fine.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

the two minutes of footage i've seen of that game looks boring as hell. elite dangerous and nms have been around for years if you wanna do open universe space poo poo

yet at this juncture it seems like the entire life of the series x/s basically depends on this one game?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i bought ac6 though i've never played one. first boss took like 4-5 tries but starting to get the hang of it. not bad so far

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

triple sulk posted:

the two minutes of footage i've seen of that game looks boring as hell. elite dangerous and nms have been around for years if you wanna do open universe space poo poo

trhe differtence is modders didn't make those games good whereas modders are going to make starfield good. calm down, its gunna be good soon

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

triple sulk posted:

i bought ac6 though i've never played one. first boss took like 4-5 tries but starting to get the hang of it. not bad so far

yeah me too, just now. theres a lot going on visually, loads of constant fire and missiles and stuff. I guess you need to learn to not sweat it. The training missions you unlock after beating old helicopter might have been a bit nicer before the first area? oh well

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

well its not like skyrim is the kind of game that's going to look super exciting in a 2-minute chunk

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

Zokari posted:

well its not like skyrim is the kind of game that's going to look super exciting in a 2-minute chunk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

ur right i wouldn't call skyrim very exciting, that's not really what you play it for i think