Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Do you think Hogan has worked himself into a shoot with all these lies?
Do you think he has Mandala'ed up memories of Elvis watching him wrestle in Memphis?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the most unbelievable hogan lie is when he said the screwjob involved shawn michaels shooting on bret and outwrestling him for real

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/ChandranTheMan/status/1694825099860353262

Many choice Bad Terry fibs, but I always admire the classic 'hiding from the yakuza.'

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Dawgstar posted:

Many choice Bad Terry fibs, but I always admire the classic 'hiding from the yakuza.'

Where did these ones come from? Don't recall ever hearing them before but I also do not doubt the authenticity of these lies one bit.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
The only way to escape the yakuza is to fly back and forth between time zones until you escape the cycle of samsara.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Animal-Mother posted:

Hogan defeated Frank Dux at the Kumite.

that match is pretty overrated compared to the time he fought count dante in the k-1 grand prix

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Animal-Mother posted:

Hogan defeated Frank Dux at the Kumite.

Hogan is the real "American shithead who makes tricks with bricks", dude.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I watched Bad News Bears go to Japan the other day and Inoki is in that movie looking fuckin fit

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

The only way to escape the yakuza is to fly back and forth between time zones until you escape the cycle of samsara.

The Buddha got most of his wisdom from the Hulkster

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ganso Bomb posted:

Where did these ones come from? Don't recall ever hearing them before but I also do not doubt the authenticity of these lies one bit.

The Tyson one is sort of true, I think it comes from him on Bubba the Love Sponge. Tyson would have been the guest ref for a Hogan match but that was right before he lost to Buster Douglas so they went with Douglas instead.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Dawgstar posted:

The Tyson one is kind of true, as Tyson was booked to be a special ref for a WWF match, but when he lost to James "Buster" Douglas, WWF dropped him like a hot stone and replaced him with Douglas for the match.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

The Tyson one is sort of true, I think it comes from him on Bubba the Love Sponge. Tyson would have been the guest ref for a Hogan match but that was right before he lost to Buster Douglas so they went with Douglas instead.

Wasn't WCW also thinking of using Tyson too before he bit Holyfield's ear and killed that from happening?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Wasn't WCW also thinking of using Tyson too before he bit Holyfield's ear and killed that from happening?

The story I always heard is Bischoff balked at the appearance fee Tyson wanted.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TheKingslayer posted:

The story I always heard is Bischoff balked at the appearance fee Tyson wanted.

Yes, the WWF didn't have a signed contract with Tyson at the Rumble, so Bischoff talked to his people and decided that the price was too high and he'd just let Vince hang himself.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
cant believe the hulkster murdered inoki...

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
There will never be another WCW.

https://youtu.be/oHn-cvlacNA?si=9DrEvIkrCh-Aggem

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Do any of the modern promotions do a crockett cup type thing still?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Ganso Bomb posted:

Various interviews over the years. Some of the stuff I think was said on Stern and Bubba the Love Sponge. The 400 days a year thing comes from his second autobiography, I believe it is.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Mr Hootington posted:

Do any of the modern promotions do a crockett cup type thing still?

Billy's NWA literally does The Crockett Cup

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Endorph posted:

the most unbelievable hogan lie is when he said the screwjob involved shawn michaels shooting on bret and outwrestling him for real

also that it was at wrestlemania and the crowd chanted "bret screwed bret"

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Angry_Ed posted:

Hogan was upset that Tommy Tallarico dethroned him as King of Lies so he decided to go all in on it.

There's a universe in existence somewhere in which Hogan claims that he was the one who created the Roblox "Oof" sound effect.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Hoss Corncave posted:

There's a universe in existence somewhere in which Hogan claims that he was the one who created the Roblox "Oof" sound effect.

wait that wasn't tommy's after all?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

STONE COLD 64 posted:

wait that wasn't tommy's after all?

Yeah, generally it's thought it was someone working at Tommy's studio that made it and ofc cause *capitalism* Tommy claims ownership

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Wasn't it confirmed, since he didn't do the sound design of the game it came from

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Yeah, generally it's thought it was someone working at Tommy's studio that made it and ofc cause *capitalism* Tommy claims ownership

Pretty much this. A guy called Joey Kuras who worked for Tommy's company did pretty much all the sound effects for a bunch of games that Tommy now takes credit for including the oof sound effect.

There's a really funny (and unintentionally long) hbomberguy video about it that is worth a watch just for how ludicrous Tommy is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0twDETh6QaI

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Hoss Corncave posted:

Pretty much this. A guy called Joey Kuras who worked for Tommy's company did pretty much all the sound effects for a bunch of games that Tommy now takes credit for including the oof sound effect.

There's a really funny (and unintentionally long) hbomberguy video about it that is worth a watch just for how ludicrous Tommy is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0twDETh6QaI

oh my god

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
tommy ftw

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

thats a very good feature length youtube

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Suplex Liberace posted:

thats a very good feature length youtube

"I just wanted to make a short little video about the Roblox oof, and it somehow became this!"

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
has the hulkster been on cribs? i thhink not

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

has the hulkster been on cribs? i thhink not

He was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJiQ3CvOZ90

This is only a clip but he totally says the "yeah Andre totally died not long after I bodyslammed him" line

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

:eyepop:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Wanna know how many sq feet that 17,000 had ballooned to by the time he finished giving the tour

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

History Comes Inside! posted:

Wanna know how many sq feet that 17,000 had ballooned to by the time he finished giving the tour

"And here is where I keep the tomb of Andre the Giant, brother!"

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
Tomb of the Unknown Hulkamaniac

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
For reference Andre died in 1993 and the last time he ever shared a ring with Hogan was in 1990 so either Hogan has completely imagined a match in 1993 that never happened or he completely forgot the like, 25 other times he was in a match with Andre after Wrestlemania 3

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

Drakkel posted:

For reference Andre died in 1993 and the last time he ever shared a ring with Hogan was in 1990 so either Hogan has completely imagined a match in 1993 that never happened or he completely forgot the like, 25 other times he was in a match with Andre after Wrestlemania 3

hulk hogan has been dropped on the head a lot

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Hulk Hogan also was doing a lot of Cocaine around Mania 3 too....

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Drakkel posted:

Hulk Hogan is a pathological liar, dude.

Like, I'm sure some of it is him being carny as gently caress but there's other stuff like claiming he could've played Bass for Metallica or being able to smell death on a child that just defies that explanation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I just assume that at 1980s shows in lieu of craft services there was a table with a big pile of coke on it