Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Eat My Fuc posted:

Alvarez first favorite is Shawn Michaels lol

theheartbreakkidshawnmiiiiichaels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

the escape goat posted:

ended up next to Meltz and Alvarez on the train and my friend who had no clue who they were absolutely grilled Bryan on various wrestling things. she got hilariously offended at Bryan saying his favorite wrestlers were “uh… Shawn Michaels? Bret Hart? uh. hm. Okada?”
“oh, well mine is Naomichi Marufuji, you should watch more wrestling!”

told her afterwards who he and Meltz were and she admonished me for giving them money because “they don’t KNOW anything!”

she’s been chirping me all day about it, honestly hilarious.

If this turns up on a pod somewhere I will literally die laughing.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Beef Jerky Robot fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Aug 27, 2023

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

the escape goat posted:

ended up next to Meltz and Alvarez on the train and my friend who had no clue who they were absolutely grilled Bryan on various wrestling things. she got hilariously offended at Bryan saying his favorite wrestlers were “uh… Shawn Michaels? Bret Hart? uh. hm. Okada?”

told her afterwards who he and Meltz were and she admonished me for giving them money because “they don’t KNOW anything!”

I love it, she's right too

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

apophenium posted:

Why does he love NXT so much. The way they talk about Ilja Dragunov I almost wanna watch it

Ilja very much rules and everything he does is guaranteed to be a blast. He just never stops moving. There's a lot of genuine good in NXT but it's choked out by virtue of being A WWE Product and having a lot of very untested wrestlers around. Some interesting presentation and interesting gimmicks. I wouldn't say it's worth seeking out, exactly, but there are both better and worse ways to spend your time than by watching highlights.

I could not tell you why he loves NXT so much because it's not amazing but it might have something to do with the small cast and fixed location allowing for solid week-to-week storytelling. And maybe he just really likes fishing vignettes or something.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Seams posted:

theheartbreakkidshawnmiiiiichaels

can't not post it
https://i.imgur.com/w63YaNE.mp4

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

The GOAT. The Lebron James of wrestling.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the escape goat posted:

lmfao

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Eat My Fuc posted:

Alvarez first favorite is Shawn Michaels lol

this is clearly evident to anyone who has gone through the super chico tapes

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
"This is Dave Meltzer. He's a famous wrestling journalist who writes a weekly newsletter and hosts a podcast. This is Bryan, Dave's podcast board operator. Bryan doesn't know a lot about wrestling but he really likes Shawn Michaels."

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Shawn Michaels was really good

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
He was ok.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Ain’t that right Tony

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

NienNunb posted:

Shawn Michaels was really good

I agree but it’s a funny rear end guy to be your number 1 imo

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

basically every wrestler who broke in between 1999 and 2010 were judged by the merit of if they were a Shawn or Bret guy

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
It makes total sense that Lil Chico is a HBK guy

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Eat My Fuc posted:

I agree but it’s a funny rear end guy to be your number 1 imo

Especially if you make your living reporting on wrestling. It'd be like a professional 45 year old movie review who's favorite movie is still Raiders of the Lost Ark. Great movie, but you kinda come off a little as a basic bitch.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

the escape goat posted:

"Where you at dog? We got the whole city behind ya!"

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

1glitch0 posted:

Especially if you make your living reporting on wrestling. It'd be like a professional 45 year old movie review who's favorite movie is still Raiders of the Lost Ark. Great movie, but you kinda come off a little as a basic bitch.

on the contrary, anybody who actually cares is insufferable

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Shawn Michaels stroking and sucking imaginary shmeat and pissing off that dude is an all time moment in wrestling

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

1glitch0 posted:

ah… the resident dumbass chimes in

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

The first wrestling show I ever watched was Taboo Tuesday 2004 so my first experience with Shawn Michaels was seeing a 40 year-old man wearing chaps dancing down to the ring with entrance music that was himself singing about how sexy he is and then losing and honestly he never recovered from that first impression to me.

Edge was right it should've been him :hai:

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Taffy Torpedo posted:

The first wrestling show I ever watched was Taboo Tuesday 2004 so my first experience with Shawn Michaels was seeing a 40 year-old man wearing chaps dancing down to the ring with entrance music that was himself singing about how sexy he is and then losing and honestly he never recovered from that first impression to me.

Edge was right it should've been him :hai:

Go watch mind games 96 and come back to me

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

I've seen it, it changes nothing. I didn't like Shawn Michaels as a kid and so I will never like him no matter how good his matches were.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

1glitch0 posted:

Except Raiders is drat close to a perfect movie of its genre and many critics would cite it as a favourite?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Is it basic to like things that are good?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I could be convinced pretty easily if someone wanted to argue that Raiders is the best movie of all time

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

go on.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

No you have to convince them

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Ranking 208 on They Shoot Pictures isn't good enough?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Raiders is the best movie of all time!

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
dave had his girlfriend with him for support with the small talk during the autograph signing, it was very cute

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

dave should not have a girlfriend it breaks immersion

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Cavauro posted:

Sold!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Cavauro posted:

The floor is now open for rebuttals

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
My favorite movie is A Few Good Men.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

NienNunb posted:

I could be convinced pretty easily if someone wanted to argue that Raiders is the best movie of all time

Last crusade is better. So is temple. And Robocop is the best movie

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

NienNunb posted:

The floor is now open for rebuttals

According to the Barbie movie the correct answer is The Godfather. I was kind of surprised but I'm guessing A Clockwork Orange, Taxi Driver, and American Psycho were a bit to dark for the tone the movie was aiming at.

My favorite movie is Rocky IV(it's not I'm just seguing back into wrestling) which, did you know Terry Funk lost that role to Dolph Lundgren?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Raiders is so loving good. Seeing it in theaters again before that new Indiana Jones movie came out was awesome. It's the perfect movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

PaybackJack posted:

My favorite movie is Rocky IV(it's not I'm just seguing back into wrestling) which, did you know Terry Funk lost that role to Dolph Lundgren?
According to Meltzer this week, he recommended Stallone cast Hogan as Thunderlips, and suggested Nikita Koloff or Kerry Von Erich for Drago, and they got as far as auditioning. Funk had done "Paradise Alley" with Stallone between Rockys I and II, and did bit parts/stuntwork in Over the Top, Rambo III, and some of the later Rocky movies, but I don't think he ever pitched himself as Ivan Drago.