Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
The prophecy has come true

https://youtu.be/rECWVYIpjvc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

GD_American posted:

We all have a player we bought into like that. I was on the "Sam Rosen just never got the right opportunity" train far longer than is logically defensible.

Like..... so on that train that you don't even remember his name?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

wandler20 posted:

Like..... so on that train that you don't even remember his name?

recursive joke

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

FizFashizzle posted:

I hope baker does well 15 times this year.

This had be puzzled for a second until I remembered that they play 17 games now and not 16. I guess I’ll get used to that one day.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’d take 15-2 and not give a poo poo about the 2 losses lol

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

RIP Mike Evans consecutive 1000 yard streak.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
If he can get 1000 with Jameis, Fitzpatrick, McKown and Glennon he can do it with Baker too

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

Joey Freshwater posted:

If he can get 1000 with Jameis, Fitzpatrick, McKown and Glennon he can do it with Baker too

All of those are better QBs than Mayfield, in all seriousness. Maybbbbe not Glennon, but probably close.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Lol ok

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Evans made Manziel a first rounder, he'll be fine

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Bucs will probably be playing from behind more often than not so there will be plenty of chances to wrack up yards. Evans is a gunslingers best friend.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/josephperson/status/1694390104834388446?s=20

three
Aug 9, 2007

Guy who can never stay healthy gets injured. What a surprise. Who could have anticipated this?

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

three posted:

Guy who can never stay healthy gets injured. What a surprise. Who could have anticipated this?

Good thing they signed another veteran WR and drafted one in the 2nd round as well.

three
Aug 9, 2007

ozymandius1024 posted:

Good thing they signed another veteran WR and drafted one in the 2nd round as well.

Without Chark, it's a bottom in the league WR group (many would have argued it was regardless). He was going to be the #1 and also the deep threat.

Also, Darnold news: https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1694420309892354254?t=tAjV_7wpmWxy60d84JQ5cg&s=19

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

People wanted to dunk all over the Panthers when Mayfield had that miraculous comeback with the Rams the week we released him, but the truth is that he isn't some secret stud just waiting to be unlocked; he's just capable of a nice performance every now and again. I had high hopes for him in Carolina, but after a certain point, a guy who coulda-woulda-shoulda'd if maybe his offensive coordinators, or his receivers, or his [fill in the blank here] were different is just...not actually very good.

RumbleFish fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Aug 23, 2023

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

RumbleFish posted:

People wanted to dunk all over the Panthers when Mayfield had that miraculous comeback with the Rams the week we released him, but the truth is that he isn't some secret stud just waiting to be unlocked; he's just capable of a nice performance every now and again. I had high hopes for him in Carolina, but after a certain point, a guy who coulda-woulda-shoulda'd if maybe his offensive coordinators, or his receivers, or his [fill in the blank here] were different is just...actually not very good.

I think we should all just be thankful that Carson Wentz hasn't made his way to the NFCS.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

three posted:

Without Chark, it's a bottom in the league WR group (many would have argued it was regardless). He was going to be the #1 and also the deep threat.

That's the chance you take with a dude that's averaged 8 games started a year for his career so far.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

wandler20 posted:

I think we should all just be thankful that Carson Wentz hasn't made his way to the NFCS.

Oh yeah, Wentz is absolutely the most NFCS quarterback who does not (currently) play in the NFCS.

ozymandius1024 posted:

That's the chance you take with a dude that's averaged 8 games started a year for his career so far.

He's at least on a one-year deal, so the front office wasn't betting big on him or anything, but yeah. Little unfortunate that he seems to be Young's go-to guy and is already injured.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

RumbleFish posted:

People wanted to dunk all over the Panthers when Mayfield had that miraculous comeback with the Rams the week we released him, but the truth is that he isn't some secret stud just waiting to be unlocked; he's just capable of a nice performance every now and again. I had high hopes for him in Carolina, but after a certain point, a guy who coulda-woulda-shoulda'd if maybe his offensive coordinators, or his receivers, or his [fill in the blank here] were different is just...not actually very good.
On the other hand, Matt Rhule

I'm not trying to make excuses for the guy, but if you compare McVay to Rhule...

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I'm starting to wonder if Ryan Jensen's career might be done. Since his knee exploded on the second day of camp last year he hasn't really practiced despite playing the playoff game last year. This year he has done some individual work but nothing against other players or 11 on 11. He didn't even travel to NY for the Jets practice/game. I'm guessing he goes on IR to start the season and maybe he'll get the strength back but it's look not so great right now.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

wandler20 posted:

*shudders*

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I'm not trying to make excuses for the guy, but if you compare McVay to Rhule...

Yeah, it was really unfortunate for both Darnold and Baker to try and rebuild with him. I dunno if either had a chance before him, but he didn't help in the slightest

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I mean, sure -- and I'll poo poo on Rhule faster than anybody -- but if even McVay couldn't make Mayfield into something serviceable, there's probably not much to work with.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

RumbleFish posted:

I mean, sure -- and I'll poo poo on Rhule faster than anybody -- but if even McVay couldn't make Mayfield into something serviceable, there's probably not much to work with.

Not much anyone could do with a QB coming into a system in week 12 or whatever it was.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Where exactly is Mayfield's breakdown on the field? Never watched enough to notice

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow

GD_American posted:

Where exactly is Mayfield's breakdown on the field? Never watched enough to notice

The meme is "rolls out of the pocket the exact same way every time".

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

GD_American posted:

I cant remember which sports caster it was on a podcast but someone compared him to a formula one car.

If any one of like 5 things is off on the day for Baker you might as well pack it in.

three
Aug 9, 2007

The thing that really stood out to me is he just isn't a very good thrower. Balls were poorly placed, weak, wrong trajectories, etc.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i am no expert but that seems like a fairly important part of the thing

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

three posted:

The thing that really stood out to me is he just isn't a very good thrower. Balls were poorly placed, weak, wrong trajectories, etc.

And that's not even getting into the absolutely ridiculous amount of batted passes at the line of scrimmage. That oddly seemed like a far worse problem for him in Carolina than anywhere else, but still.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

RumbleFish posted:

And that's not even getting into the absolutely ridiculous amount of batted passes at the line of scrimmage. That oddly seemed like a far worse problem for him in Carolina than anywhere else, but still.

That was a problem for Cam too and I think it was because teams were figuring out the timing of all of the plays.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

tuned in just in time to watch the Panthers last WR go into the medical tent

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Bryce looks good at least.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Super Bowl coming

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1695582840879022186?t=CMArFozdxh6UoajFdaKtJA&s=19

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

https://twitter.com/ScottSBucs/status/1695599100010406191?t=ZhHk_4Wpoiex6XeUuqu2aA&s=19

Wasn't he on IR recently?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Signed an extension March 14 last year
Blew out his knee July 28
Was activated, but didn't play, January 16

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yeah it's sounding like his career's over

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1695600766721937590

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Yeah, I'd imagine his career is done. Sucks.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Oof, that's so awful 😞

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

okay now i'm much more worried about the o-line