Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Angry_Ed posted:

are you seeing things like 40/30 players in the pre-load lobby when this happens or is it actually numerically correct? Just asking since nL encountered that on stream but it happened when there were like 42 players out of 30 lobbied up

I wonder why the nL stream wasn't archived.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Jubs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Uvz-NDGTH0

It's on YouTube, at least I assume this is the same stream

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jubs posted:

There's a chunk that's cut out and edited at the end of the Youtube one, and is probably why he took it off the Twitch entirely, because the chat broke the Bray news to Jawnny mid-game and in addition to that obviously being distressing/depressing as gently caress it also made him upset that a couple members insisted he end the stream because of it

https://twitter.com/johnblud/status/1694865328482791578
https://twitter.com/johnblud/status/1694866638858809754

It sucks a lot that he had to find out about this and Brodie both live on stream with friends, with Brodie it was worse because they'd actually became friends during/because of one. Like with the commentator bugging Big Show, you shouldn't feel pressured to give a live reaction to someone important to you loving dying, beyond the fact it's a tough thing to immediately process and that's enough pressure on your emotional system as is

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Aug 26, 2023

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Jubs posted:

They've started doing this with VODs they want to post to Youtube. There have been a few times in the last few weeks where I had to go to bed during a stream and it wasn't on Twitch the next day but they later posted the whole thing to Youtube.

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Aug 26, 2023

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
Just out of curiosity, what's the likelihood of Bray Wyatt being the cover person (any edition) of WWE 2K24? Career mode with him would be dicey though.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Island Nation posted:

Just out of curiosity, what's the likelihood of Bray Wyatt being the cover person (any edition) of WWE 2K24? Career mode with him would be dicey though.

I mean if I remember right the Rey Mysterio career mode was mostly matches he lost so it's not like that would be stopping them.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Drakkel posted:

I mean if I remember right the Rey Mysterio career mode was mostly matches he lost so it's not like that would be stopping them.

i think the big thing isn't so much the results as the participants. like how do you tell Bray's story while (presumably) omitting anything with Bryan, or Dean Ambrose? plus the loss of Harper, and Rowan no longer being with the company...i guess you could do a Fiend only run with a couple callbacks to the swamp era (the Mania matches probably) but at that point why are you bothering

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I imagine they’ll probably do Triple H showcase next year to coincide with 30th anniversary of his debut. Showcase mode is already boring as gently caress so H will fit right in.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

oldskool posted:

i think the big thing isn't so much the results as the participants. like how do you tell Bray's story while (presumably) omitting anything with Bryan, or Dean Ambrose? plus the loss of Harper, and Rowan no longer being with the company...i guess you could do a Fiend only run with a couple callbacks to the swamp era (the Mania matches probably) but at that point why are you bothering

Yeah I was going to say it'd have to be sold on his allies or opponents talking about the matches, and most of them are gone.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
Didn't realize it was HHH XXX. He'll not only be the cover guy then but the campaign will be about avenging his notable losses too.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

A whole stage where you have to wrestle a broom to a 5-star match cause everyone else walked out

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Triple H showcase where he gets pulled into an alternate dimension where he was never in the kliq and had to settle with a year long feud with Duke “The Dumpster” Droese

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

The latter half of the showcase turns into GM Mode but Vince keeps showing up and firing people randomly

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

https://youtu.be/sX0knzn73qc?si=JnIJwJd1RTPXlMas

an actual no mercy clone

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

nL doing their All In stream right now

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

:siren: nL All In Sim stream starting now :siren:

https://twitch.tv/newlegacyinc

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

loving hate the trend of indie wrestling games naming all these dudes in advance that they have on their roster and then maybe never loving coming out and signing dudes is the only actual hype around the game because everything else looks like poo poo. this, Retromania and Code of Wrestling all guilty of it

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

explosivo posted:

:siren: nL All In Sim stream starting now :siren:

https://twitch.tv/newlegacyinc

Gonna guess it wasn't archived.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Jubs posted:

Gonna guess it wasn't archived.

Archived to YouTube, again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qudPG_uVm-Q

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

KungFu Grip posted:

loving hate the trend of indie wrestling games naming all these dudes in advance that they have on their roster and then maybe never loving coming out and signing dudes is the only actual hype around the game because everything else looks like poo poo. this, Retromania and Code of Wrestling all guilty of it

can't wait for the d-von dudley / tito santana dream match

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

You can find WWE 2k23 for ~$25 now. Is it worth it at that price?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

disaster pastor posted:

I’d say so. It’s about as good as the 2k games have been in a while, still a few things that bug me but you’ve got a couple of fun career modes and the mechanics have been streamlined a bit.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I'm re-watching the vod of the latest nL Wrestling Empire stream and everything involving the subway is just pure gold.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

disaster pastor posted:

Yeah the core game is honestly fine

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

explosivo posted:

I'm re-watching the vod of the latest nL Wrestling Empire stream and everything involving the subway is just pure gold.

Im not sure why they kept showing the subway, considering poipl wasnt there and didnt do anything.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I hope poipl watches his back lots of sudden deaths happening in the wrestling scene lately.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I shout from the top of a mountain

"CLONE SMACKDOWN HCTP!! NOBODY WANTS A SLOW/BAD NO MERCY CLONE IN 2023. ITS PURE NOSTALGIA GOGGLES. HTCP WAS WAY MORE FUN"

Or Def Jam Fight For NY

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

RBX posted:

I shout from the top of a mountain

"CLONE SMACKDOWN HCTP!! NOBODY WANTS A SLOW/BAD NO MERCY CLONE IN 2023. ITS PURE NOSTALGIA GOGGLES. HTCP WAS WAY MORE FUN"

Or Def Jam Fight For NY

its called fight forever and everyone hates it :(

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

also you are WRONG!!! Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 will not be topped.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Having never played it, Fight Forever looks nothing like HCTP. Needs better animations, slightly faster pace, longer matches, and lose that meter system. Way too easy to finish a match quickly with randoms. It's not...epic enough.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Suplex Liberace posted:

its called fight forever and everyone hates it :(

that's, like, the only thing people don't hate about it

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

HCTP is when the Smackdown games got too complicated

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Alaois posted:

HCTP is when the Smackdown games got too complicated

you have to fight the controller 1st then fight your enemy

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Suplex Liberace posted:

you have to fight the controller 1st then fight your enemy

Just like Sun Tzu taught

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

They say all western philosophy is just footnotes to plato

similarly all wrestling games should be roster updates to shut your mouth

NameHurtBrain
Jan 17, 2015
I think Day of Reckoning 2 is the sleeper people should be aping more honestly. Good speed, a healthy medium between old Smackdown's finisher meter where you can store them and No Mercy's momentum system.

But yeah, end of the day, No Mercy is a bit sluggish. It's a good base but you need to polish the gently caress out of it.

FF with HCTP's amount of modes and customization is the ideal modern wrestling game experience for something mainstream, as WWE/AEW are too cowardly to let MDickie make their games for them and let you literally murder Roman Reigns by powerbombing him into a subway car.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

NameHurtBrain posted:

I think Day of Reckoning 2 is the sleeper people should be aping more honestly. Good speed, a healthy medium between old Smackdown's finisher meter where you can store them and No Mercy's momentum system.

But yeah, end of the day, No Mercy is a bit sluggish. It's a good base but you need to polish the gently caress out of it.

FF with HCTP's amount of modes and customization is the ideal modern wrestling game experience for something mainstream, as WWE/AEW are too cowardly to let MDickie make their games for them and let you literally murder Roman Reigns by powerbombing him into a subway car.

AEW DoR2 still has Revenge Mode but its Punk punishing people for perceived slights.

MediaPlayerClassic
Aug 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/AEWGames/status/1697232805145583718

...surprise!

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Keith Lee's model looks pretty good. Dunno why they are adding new mini-games instead of match types though, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

With the Needle Mover finally in the game, sales are going to skyrocket