Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

ColTim posted:

Antoine-Joseph "Adolphe" Sax (French: [ɑ̃twan ʒozɛf adɔlf saks]; 6 November 1814 – 7 February 1894)[a] was a Belgian inventor and musician who invented the saxophone in the early 1840s, patenting it in 1846. He also invented the saxotromba, saxhorn and saxtuba.

also almost died like 5 times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Killing Jelq
Jun 13, 2012

“The Methanol Economy“ posted:

At site Örnsköldsvik in Sweden the consortium Liquid Wind together with Worley plan a plant with a production capacity of 50 000 t/a for renewable e-Methanol (as of May 2021). The CO2 shall be originated from a biomass plant. Until 2050 Liquid Wind wants to build 500 similar plants. Members of the consortium are Alfa Laval, Haldor Topsoe, Carbon Clean und Siemens Energy.[56]
….
The methanol is produced from municipal solid waste.[58]

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Carthag Tuek posted:

also almost died like 5 times

C'mon buddy, even I have a better successful musical instrument invention to near death experience ratio than that

Captain Hygiene fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Aug 23, 2023

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Total_body_disruption posted:

Total body disruption is invariably fatal to humans and animals, since the brain (if not outright destroyed) is deprived of oxygenated blood, while other organs (if not outright destroyed) are deprived of the involuntary functions.
I just love the tone and phrasing of this article overall.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Related terminology in the field of emergency medical services (EMS) is "gross dismemberment".[2] :barf:

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

darthbob88 posted:

I just love the tone and phrasing of this article overall.

Incomplete, initially unidentifiable human remains caused by total body disruption may be referred to as "disassociated portions".[6]

well i learned something today

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

quote:

Commonly referred to as being "blown up"

idk why but this made me laugh out loud

Gubbinal Girl
Apr 11, 2022

polyester concept posted:

idk why but this made me laugh out loud

Same haha

"Sometimes referred to in the literature as 'getting ones poo poo rocked'..."

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

"wild? i was absolutely livid!"

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pasilalinic-sympathetic_compass

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sweevo posted:

"wild? i was absolutely livid!"

lol

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

The responsible party appears to have been King Anitta from Kussara, who took credit for the act and erected an inscribed curse for good measure:

quote:

"Whoever after me becomes king resettles Hattusas, let the Stormgod of the Sky strike him!"[3]

though in fact the city was rebuilt afterward, possibly by a son of Anitta.[4][5]

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

the French production Le Jaguar (which was French for The Jaguar)

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Toilet meal (Japanese: 便所飯, benjo-meshi) is a Japanese slang term and social phenomenon referring to the act of an individual eating a meal in a toilet room.[1] In modern Japan, some people eat alone in a bathroom for various reasons;[2] the most common reason is that they do not wish to be seen eating alone. Other reasons include saving money from eating out,[3] to hide from co-workers in a busy workplace,[4] or simply because they find it more comfortable.[3]

Since toilet meals are often solitary and clandestine, others are unlikely to be aware of its occurrence. For this reason, "toilet meals" were initially regarded as an urban legend,[5] but subsequent investigations have confirmed the phenomenon as relatively widespread. The term "toilet meal" has even been referenced in various popular media, most notably in various Japanese television shows.[6][7]

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Eating lunch in the bathroom because you're too embarrassed to be seen eating by yourself is some serious cultural brain damage

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

even tho my prejudiced brain is telling me that japanese bathrooms are much cleaner than western ones, i dont think i would like it

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
it's just very efficient, you can add in the new food at the same time as you're expelling the remains of the old food

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Jabor posted:

it's just very efficient, you can add in the new food at the same time as you're expelling the remains of the old food

i remember as a kid i didnt like peeing/pooing right after drinking/eating cause that made it a waste of time. theres an order to things!

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

tapping the corners of your mouth with toilet paper after eating a saucy meal

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Jabor posted:

That's even built-in for you.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i can make myself throw up by picking my right ear

some kind of misfiring vagus nerve response i think

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Carthag Tuek posted:

penis in ear = puke all night

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

akadajet posted:

penis in ear = puke all night

is that an old sa catchphrase i missed

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Carthag Tuek posted:

Nice, like a body function shortcut

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Carthag Tuek posted:

is that an old sa catchphrase i missed

https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=561 well someone doesn't read saclopedia

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

laserghost posted:

Nice, like a body function shortcut

its not very comfortable but yea it can come in handy i suppose

a bit like photic sneeze reflex i guess?

2004 tho, im only :regd05:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

The two men sold Truck Nuts through the late 1990s and 2000s, competing both in the market and in private, exchanging angry phone calls and emails. This conflict escalated into public relations wars, social media conflicts, posts on review sites, blog attack posts, and finally to legal cease and desist orders.[2]

ColTim
Oct 29, 2011
This article is about the conspiracy theory. For the use of the term in international politics, see New world order (politics).

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

ColTim posted:

This article is about the conspiracy theory. For the use of the term in international politics, see New world order (politics).

:wow:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

During the first night in Uraga, the princes competed in a thumb wrestling match with the mistress, the latter winning overwhelmingly.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

• 1959 – The Vostok Station (станция Восток), then a Soviet research station in Princess Elizabeth Land, was the scene of a fight between two scientists over a game of chess.[14][2][15] When one of them lost the game, he became so enraged that he attacked the other with an ice axe.[15][14][2] According to some sources, it was a murder,[15][14][2] though other sources say that the attack was not fatal.[16] Afterwards, chess games were banned at Soviet/Russian Antarctic stations.[14][15]

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
the Americans just poured booze in the chess computer

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Former United States President Donald Trump has been frequently cited as an example of an extremely online poster,[5] during both his presidency[17] and his 2020 presidential campaign

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

:thunk:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Only worthless because you didn't mention where it is, so I can make sure to never go there

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Captain Hygiene posted:

Only worthless because you didn't mention where it is, so I can make sure to never go there

lol i left it out because i think finding out what the hell someone is talking about in pastes itt is half the fun, but yeah i guess it's kinda hard with climate data

it's nauru. seems pretty nice albeit rainy

e: wow spoilered link text isnt black? that's stupid

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

That's about what I'd figured location-wise. I know it's just me, but I'd find that hellish - I can't stand hot, humid weather, and I'd be fine if the high never hit 70, never mind that being the record low :ohno:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

give me that weather and 10-20% humidity year round and I'll happily drop everything I'm doing and move there

this summer I spent a week in 40 C but practically zero humidity in vegas and it was loving phenomenal. though part of that might have also been being able to refresh myself with a beer the size of my forearm for four bucks at will

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7d/De-Sp%C3%A4tzle2.ogg