Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
If the adventure is dying, then yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

If the adventure is dying, then yes.

I mean, Captain Hook once said "Death is the only adventure I have left"...

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

mod everyone into a follower then wait->dismiss them at the player home of choice

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rainbow Knight posted:

mod everyone into a follower then wait->dismiss them at the player home of choice

One of my favorite bugs in My Home Is Your Home is telling a follower some town they're not a part of is their home now, and then telling them to defend their new home so they just start attacking all the normal townie NPCs resulting in a giant brawl that you can just stand by and watch unfurl.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I killed Belathor so Ysolda could take over and then married her. With this game's coding though I'm not sure if she counted as a spouse with a shop or not.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

So Wildlander introduced me to a few small mods I really love. One is Skald's Mail, but two others are Really Simple Blackjack, and Really Simple Faro. Unfortunately, for the life of me I can't get these last two to work. Every comment I find says they converted to SE without issue, and when that didn't work I even stole them from the Wildlander install, but no luck. With blackjack, it shows as costing 0 gold and the innkeeper will respond with an "of course", but nothing happens. With faro, the gold cost is there and it will load me into the room that serves to fake a game board, but it loads me in...sideways. And not always in the same orientation either.

I'm using Lite Loader, and the only thing I can think of is that it looks like Wildlander just does a complete downgrade. I don't mind bothering to do that (I don't think I'd lose anything but the free CC, and lol what a tragedy), but there's no mention of even needing SKSE for it let alone specific plugins, so wild if AE broke it. Ideas? I've tried it with and without other mods (and a combination of same), gonna see about deactivating every SKSE plugin next.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Chances are that Wildlander has some kind of patch file that makes those mods you like play nice, you could go through Wildlander's load order and see if you find any signs of it, or you could ask on their Discord or subreddit. Yeah it's annoying to join Discords for everything, but basically every time I've done so for a Bethesda modlist I've gotten the help I've needed.

Alternatively, you could load up all the active Wildlander plug-ins in SSEedit (via ModOrganizer 2), right click on one of the mods you wanted, let's say the blackjack one, and see if anything in the modlist overwrites it. If so, one or more of the mods that overwrites the blackjack mod is likely a patch or something similar that makes the blackjack mod play nice.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Wait you're porting them yourself. I see the blackjack mod has a bsa attached, don't meshes (I think it was meshes) need to be converted to SSE as well? If you've still got that old Wildlander install I'd recommend just stealing the files directly from them, they've certainly fixed all that up already. If not, there are programs out there that lets you unpack and repack bsas easily, I'll find them if you need them.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

ThaumPenguin posted:

Wait you're porting them yourself. I see the blackjack mod has a bsa attached, don't meshes (I think it was meshes) need to be converted to SSE as well? If you've still got that old Wildlander install I'd recommend just stealing the files directly from them, they've certainly fixed all that up already. If not, there are programs out there that lets you unpack and repack bsas easily, I'll find them if you need them.

Yeah, I think I found the problem, I was being a dumbass and didn't unpack the bsas. Wildlander does this thing where it crams a bunch of textures/meshes etc. in the Wildlander folder, rather than individual mods. I've still got to check it against my full load order, but as soon as I unpacked the bsas it worked. Kind of funny that the game's reaction to the faro game was "um, okay, I'll throw you in the room. I'm sure this is the right way up", and to blackjack it was "lol gently caress you."

edit: more accurately, unpacked and then deleted the original bsas.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Great to hear!

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

nine-gear crow posted:

One of my favorite bugs in My Home Is Your Home is telling a follower some town they're not a part of is their home now, and then telling them to defend their new home so they just start attacking all the normal townie NPCs resulting in a giant brawl that you can just stand by and watch unfurl.

the more i think about this the more confused i get lol

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rainbow Knight posted:

the more i think about this the more confused i get lol

I think it's got something to do with conflicting crime factions in their character data. Like if you take a Whiterun NPC and drop them off in Old Hroldan and tell them to defend the area, they still think they're defending Whiterun or something, so they see all the Old Hroldan NPCs as threats and attack them. It's weird as poo poo and I don't get it, but it's hilarious to see it happen almost without fail.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

You milk drinkers idled in the wrong neighborhood

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

I think it's got something to do with conflicting crime factions in their character data. Like if you take a Whiterun NPC and drop them off in Old Hroldan and tell them to defend the area, they still think they're defending Whiterun or something, so they see all the Old Hroldan NPCs as threats and attack them. It's weird as poo poo and I don't get it, but it's hilarious to see it happen almost without fail.

Maybe the player has an alarmingly high bounty in one of the holds, so your allies get autoaggressed by the locals?

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Nah, I agree with crow, it's probably based on factions and the NPC from Whiterun still thinking he's in Whiterun and the Old Hroldan NPCs are all in a different faction, so they're "invaders".

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Are there any good nexus mod packs that don't turn people into anime fuckdolls

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
High poly NPCs and also get some better skin textures.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Ahundredbux posted:

no you have to go to loverslab for that

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

The Northbourne series is pretty good about it. Diversity. WICO, though that mod is pretty aged at this point and there's some whole process to fix the weird edits.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
just use nordic faces if you want a drop-in mod.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Commander Keene posted:

Nah, I agree with crow, it's probably based on factions and the NPC from Whiterun still thinking he's in Whiterun and the Old Hroldan NPCs are all in a different faction, so they're "invaders".

I'm not disagreeing, hold bounties are tied to the faction system, aren't they?

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

Ahundredbux posted:

How do you feel about non-anime bouncy tits and dicks? If even that poo poo's beneath you, ignore this post.

This was already mentioned: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/5291 Diversity. SFW.

Additionally, if you really want body diversity, like everyone's not a clone - there's a catch here that involves you installing those body mods and all that.

:nws:
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/77016 Obody - you can get it without touching the sex mod.

with https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/87239 Realistic presets.

It involves downloading a shitton of presets, also it still skews pretty, but there's dad and mom bods in there. Personally I think it's rad to have a wider spectrum of body types, you can also configure it semi-easily by editing some files. Not going to lie, the whole thing's going to take hours and in the end you'll have a bunch of bouncy genitalia in your game.

Aand since you've ended up with that, you might as well look into installing Race based textures: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/29725 - invariably this involves installing any of the few body textures that support it.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/65274 Bnp femal skins
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/65402 Bnp male skins

Bnp male and female textures support RBT out of the box, with minimal hassle.

This post was paid for by bits of my sanity - but I ended up with varied npcs that look like they aren't from 2011 anymore. There's poo poo to make kids look less spooky clony, but I have no idea of the motivations of the authors behind them - just do the RS overhaul and bnp skin and never look into anything else related to children.

The suggestions here shouldn't conflict with each other, though I am fairly sure you may have to check the Diversity plugin for conflicts with other mods with ssedit - fixing the occasional blackface bug is fairly straight forward when it becomes a problem.

edit: you asked about mod packs, I don't gently caress with them because turns out, your average modder is as dumb or dumber than me - like holy poo poo there's some stupid motherfuckers out there. The setup above isn't too much hassle, there's a couple of gotchas that I probably can remember how to fix if the rest of the load order isn't filled with poo poo.

Splorange fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Aug 26, 2023

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Skryrim Modding: Works with UBE Anus

Also do you have some example photos of what the NPCs look like after you go through all of these steps? It feels like a lot of work to end up with a fancier modern version of everyone a super model mods from years back.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Bouncing boobs/junk is definitely not my thing, and my eyes glaze right over that poo poo when I'm looking at mod recommendations/lists, but I have always wondered what kind of an impact that has on performance, if any. If you're fighting a dragon outside Whiterun and a dozen guards jump in, is there fps loss with all that bouncing? Does the dragon bounce too? Are NPCs (more) prone to shooting off into space if the engine sneezes? What if you're playing that mod that adds a bunch of random patrols, do all the Stormcloaks and Imperials get distracted while trying to kill each other? Arthmoor, please get on with making a mod that adds jiggle physics to low res Oblivion gates, thank you.

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

Dameius posted:

Also do you have some example photos of what the NPCs look like after you go through all of these steps? It feels like a lot of work to end up with a fancier modern version of everyone a super model mods from years back.

Basically it's the faces of Diversity which you can see in the screenshots (just imagine the excessive enb filtering is not there), then it's all willowy mers, muscular nords, etc. with the occasional plump breton in between.

I'd probably skip a bunch of the presets if I had to do it again, cause there's a bunch of samey poo poo. Also if you don't like the thought of spending about two hours of setup on this, reading instructions, then it is not for you.

This was all me starting with a search for 'realistic' and then working backwards from the preset mod for Obody- the point is: it feels light weight and none of it feels out of place. Bear in mind however that I've tried a lot of poo poo, so I might be desensitized by the poo poo I've seen. Also I did all of the default settings mostly, I think physics are actually totally optional also there should be nevernude options for everything?

And if you really want a supermodel Heavy Metal Titapocalypse, it's but a skip and a hop away.

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

kartikeya posted:

Bouncing boobs/junk is definitely not my thing, and my eyes glaze right over that poo poo when I'm looking at mod recommendations/lists, but I have always wondered what kind of an impact that has on performance, if any. If you're fighting a dragon outside Whiterun and a dozen guards jump in, is there fps loss with all that bouncing? Does the dragon bounce too? Are NPCs (more) prone to shooting off into space if the engine sneezes? What if you're playing that mod that adds a bunch of random patrols, do all the Stormcloaks and Imperials get distracted while trying to kill each other? Arthmoor, please get on with making a mod that adds jiggle physics to low res Oblivion gates, thank you.

Well, Just regular old vanilla skyrim still tends to send poo poo into orbit. I learned that capping your fps is a good idea for well behaved physics. Performancewise I haven't noticed anything off - but I have no idea since npcs tend to have clothes on, I'm sure I could set up a scenario with tens of nude npcs.

Speaking of which, the werebears on Solstheim were funny as poo poo because, you know.. the mods. The came running for me, sweaty and hairy, dicks swinging in the breeze, much like in real life. Not a dent in the fps though.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Dameius posted:

the skin textures are different. A nord and a breton will have different skin textures even with the same skin color. I personally stopped using BnP with RBT because it was making my insanely modded game too funky.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

kartikeya posted:

When you install the bodies simply choose the nevernude option. Hell there's mods now that just make NPCs wear unequippable underwear so you never have to see an offending tiddy or cock.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Personally werewolves running at you in human form with their cocks swinging about sounds like an improvement imo

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Tankbuster posted:

When you install the bodies simply choose the nevernude option. Hell there's mods now that just make NPCs wear unequippable underwear so you never have to see an offending tiddy or cock.

Yes, I have installed a body mod or two in my day.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

:murder:
I always appreciate the nsfw modders because they do sometimes push the general modding tech forward and do have a lot of talented people working on them. Sure this mod might give you bouncy tits or it could also give you a cloak billowing behind you.

Flowing Thot fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Aug 26, 2023

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

For the record, since I realized it might have come out in a different way, I’m ace, so when I say it ain’t my thing, I just mean it ain’t my thing. The rest was a sleep deprived poor attempt at a joke.

Though I should warn folks that a lot of body/skin texture mod pages on Nexus are very very nsfw. The sudden gynecological vagina pov was a bit unexpected.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

kartikeya posted:

The sudden gynecological vagina pov was a bit unexpected.

Can we get the thread title changed to this?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
There was some mod called I think "white bellied argonians"? And I saw that title and went "what does that look like?" and clicked it, because I am an idiot. And one of the first things you see is Argonian vag. I think it was even in the header.

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

kartikeya posted:

For the record, since I realized it might have come out in a different way, I’m ace, so when I say it ain’t my thing, I just mean it ain’t my thing. The rest was a sleep deprived poor attempt at a joke.

Yeah, in the same vein, I hang out a lot with ummm.. a colorful crowd so tend to lean into the poo poo and not realize there's room for taste, different strokes for different folks. Like I tend to prude shame, which isn't ok either.

kartikeya posted:

Though I should warn folks that a lot of body/skin texture mod pages on Nexus are very very nsfw. The sudden gynecological vagina pov was a bit unexpected.

This cannot be underlined enough. Like I said, I'm desensitized and cannot judge what the scale of naughty -> hosed up is anymore. I should've put effort into describing what's behind the link.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Splorange posted:

Yeah, in the same vein, I hang out a lot with ummm.. a colorful crowd so tend to lean into the poo poo and not realize there's room for taste, different strokes for different folks. Like I tend to prude shame, which isn't ok either.

This cannot be underlined enough. Like I said, I'm desensitized and cannot judge what the scale of naughty -> hosed up is anymore. I should've put effort into describing what's behind the link.

Hah, no worries. I didn't even click on your links, I was actually thinking back to a week or so ago when a modlist sent me to one of the popular skin texture pages. I'm 99% sure it was BNP, but looks like the author switched up the header and I don't see the screenshot on the page itself. In any case, it was just extremely funny when that popped up as the page header on a 4k screen, but it'd probably be less so if someone opened that at work.

Not as funny as the custom variety vagina section in the installer though.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
the more options the merrier.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Getting the itch to play again, I know a while back some new animation/camera mods were posted that were really cool but I can't remember what they were.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
improved camera is the latest camera one. Skyclimb is the movement one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Tankbuster posted:

improved camera is the latest camera one. Skyclimb is the movement one.

poo poo, thank you, I forgot about Skyclimb, I was definitely going to give that one a shot.