Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

They're OP in everything. Any game where you can just put everything into str/vig/end and only use the biggest weapon you can find, it always ends up being a top tier build. There's nothing more powerful than just being unkillable and doing all your damage at once.

edit- I'll say it's usually best to never go below "standard issue movement", but even that ends up being fine sometimes, especially if you wanna get fancy and use a shield

Epic High Five has issued a correction as of 03:55 on Aug 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

highly reasonable for the morrowind engine i agree

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

When I upgraded my greatsword it turned into a huge pair of scissors, with a heavy attack that just snips enemies over and over, and I hope this is good enough to carry me to the end of the game because it doesn't get much better than that

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

RealityWarCriminal posted:

dont think I want a game that big

gamers complaining their procgen slop map not being big enough

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
bethesda loving suuuucks at making video
games lol

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Homeless Friend posted:

gamers complaining their procgen slop map not being big enough

there's never enough virtual room for our modded sex fantasies

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Real hurthling! posted:

starfield has exploration boundary warnings apparently according to this blurry mess of a pic

to boldly go where no one has gone before.... not there tho hey stop, stop, go back to the setpiece with the alien data tablets

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
just imagine.... 1000 skyrims per planet.... 1000 planets in the game......... we will never need a new game again

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

look, making round planets would have required someone to do some math at some point, it's not reasonable to expect that with the kind of budgets bethesda is working with

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
they should just let stupid nerds wander an infinite proc gen hell scape for as long as they want. Space is huge and full of boring dusty rocks

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

smarxist posted:

they should just let stupid nerds wander an infinite proc gen hell scape for as long as they want. Space is huge and full of boring dusty rocks

you can say the same for the planet we're now on

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
there's something beautiful about inhabiting the pov of something that believes it is exploring the mysteries of the universe but just farting around one of the boring middleground areas of the vastt spectrum of size and forces that exist. oooo rocks.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

smarxist posted:

i think that's basically what they're doing

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Al! posted:

i think that's basically what they're doing

for 40 min at least

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

but why tho

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Augus posted:

but why tho

Did you complain when you hit the edge of hyrule?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

how id do it if i wanted nerds like me to lap it up is just make it so that at the end of the randomly generated dungeon you're just rewarded with the next space dildo in the set you were looking for, miraculously

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I still need to beat outer wilds at some point so I'm not really interested in this

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Mr Hootington posted:

Did you complain when you hit the edge of hyrule?

from that explanation it sounds more like if you walked halfway across Hyrule and then hit an invisible barrier and the game told you to fast travel over to the other half of Hyrule

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

you must gather your spaceship before venturing forth

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Augus posted:

from that explanation it sounds more like if you walked halfway across Hyrule and then hit an invisible barrier and the game told you to fast travel over to the other half of Hyrule

No it would be like waking from one edge of hyrule to the other edge of hyrule and then needing to go get your horse to generate a new hyrule.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
i never beat Oregon Trail so i can't start playing other games until I finish that one

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

wait, starfield is procgen poo poo? i thought it was like a bunch of little hand crafted regions you'd land in lol

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

turn off the TV posted:

wait, starfield is procgen poo poo? i thought it was like a bunch of little hand crafted regions you'd land in lol

No that'd make sense and be a better game

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Al! posted:

just imagine.... 1000 skyrims per planet.... 1000 planets in the game......... we will never need a new game again

But 1 Skyrim was already too many.

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

turn off the TV posted:

I've been playing daggerfall unity lately, glad to see that experience will transfer directly to starfield.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

turn off the TV posted:

i didn't check, it could be seeded or custom maps but c'mon bro. its a space game lol

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

turn off the TV posted:

It's a combination.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

yall are just jealous im gonna find the planet that sucks me off

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

turn off the TV posted:

There are both

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Al! posted:

yall are just jealous im gonna find the planet that sucks me off

according to this info that sounds like winning the lottery

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I'm gonna catalogue more loving rocks than anyone in the space utopia

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
I dunno about anyone else, but I've been playing some great video games!!!!!

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Orb Crabmelt posted:

Bg3 has already stolen 60 hours of my life and I just entered act 3

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Orb Crabmelt posted:

I'm glad which ones

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
when will games skip the bullshit and integrate podcast players

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Mean Baby posted:

bg3’s performance in chapter 3 chugs. it needs some work for sure

I legit can't play it despite dropping the settings to medium or even lower. It's very likely the game needed that month more of dev time to fix the last act.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
walking in a straight line for 40 minutes in anticipation of the moment you can finally complain your immersion was broken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

All I expect from a bethesda game is grey slop tbh