Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I've dumped way too much resin into the new artifact domain and it refuses to give me an ATK% Sands of all things.

That should be like the easy part! I'm reminded why I quit for awhile.

At any rate Lyney is hitting decently hard already for only being Level 70 with Level 5 NA and kinda scuffed artifacts. Considering the idea of throwing my Shinobu's HP artifacts at C4 Yanfei for the shield... she oughta be able to burst often enough in a 3 pyro team hopefully?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

shieldfei's er requirements are really high, thats part of the reason she doesnt get used more

she should be able to manage it if your HP main stat pieces have good ER substats and you give bennett and kazuha/sucrose fav

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Oh. Unfortunate.

I can just throw Zhongli at the problem as always but I was wanting to try to not for once.

....I could build Dehya up with a load of HP% stuff and she serves a similar purpose. This *is* like the first real usage case for her basically since her release lmao

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its that and the ganyu/nahida/dehya melt team

but yeah dehya works well with lyney, though her interrupt resist only having a 9 sec duration at c0 is annoying. i have her at c1 tho so she works great

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
so the way the kaveh thing works is that it basically sets all the interactables to have the same system id as bloom cores and then kaveh just detonates them.

might be a good idea not to let random people in your world until it's fixed tbh

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

delfin posted:

Whereas mine at C0 needs some work. Trip report shows promise, but farming up Gilded EM Sands and Goblet and collecting Billets to refine her weapon will take a while.

I will continue pulling as hard as I can (without having gems) for Yelan, as she looks like she'd be a big part of the Hyperbloom puzzle. My quandary at the moment is where the Dendro blooms will be coming from; Kirara isn't an A-list source without Barbara's aura to play off of, and Tighnari seems iffy. I'm not sure if Yaoyao _can_ spawn blooms reliably.

Shinobu doesn't need refinements for her weapons! All she needs is to be level 90 and to have 3 level 20 EM artifacts and some EM subs on her flower and feather. These are ideally Gilded/FoPL, but can be a 2x/2x combo of any EM artifact sets for now, or even just any 5 star EM artifact pieces you have lying at the moment.

For the team, the most F2P friendly team you have access to is probably... Barbara(onfield)/Dendro MC/Yaoyao/Shinobu. You don't seem to have any of Alhaitham/Nahida/Baizhu so onfielding a hydro is totally fine. Dendro MC is a super solid deepwood holder, Yaoyao can be on instructors or whatever, not really important.

I'd personally still go for Yelan anyway, tho :ssh:

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

MoonCrab posted:

Shinobu doesn't need refinements for her weapons! All she needs is to be level 90 and to have 3 level 20 EM artifacts and some EM subs on her flower and feather. These are ideally Gilded/FoPL, but can be a 2x/2x combo of any EM artifact sets for now, or even just any 5 star EM artifact pieces you have lying at the moment.

For the team, the most F2P friendly team you have access to is probably... Barbara(onfield)/Dendro MC/Yaoyao/Shinobu. You don't seem to have any of Alhaitham/Nahida/Baizhu so onfielding a hydro is totally fine. Dendro MC is a super solid deepwood holder, Yaoyao can be on instructors or whatever, not really important.

I'd personally still go for Yelan anyway, tho :ssh:

I can 2x Gilded, but 5 star EM means mixing and matching and +20 will require substantial farming. But at least I have a goal now.

I'm at 65 pulls since my last 5-star, with the end of the month coming up, so... we'll see if I get to test the 50/50 or not.

EDIT: Trying that team out. I can make two or three Blooms at a time, and with Shinobu at level 64 and 623 EM, hypers hit for about 8-10k each. So as the artifacts approach +20 and Shinobu's level rises, she should improve significantly.

EDIT^2: If Barbara is spending more time on-field than DMC, where are the blooms coming from? I could see Barbara hitting her Hydro aura and then DMC spamming her skill to charge her burst, but not so much the reverse consistently.

delfin fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Aug 27, 2023

Kale
May 14, 2010

I love Furinas overdramatic Marching Band Phoenix Wright character of a theme whenever shes pontificating

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I've dumped way too much resin into the new artifact domain and it refuses to give me an ATK% Sands of all things.

That should be like the easy part! I'm reminded why I quit for awhile.

At any rate Lyney is hitting decently hard already for only being Level 70 with Level 5 NA and kinda scuffed artifacts. Considering the idea of throwing my Shinobu's HP artifacts at C4 Yanfei for the shield... she oughta be able to burst often enough in a 3 pyro team hopefully?
I've spent hours testing lyney. The big issue is that you need the shield to last through his CA phase
But if you shield after Bennett -> Kazuha you can only fit two CAs into Venerer buff instead of 3. I tried very hard to make Yanfei work, Bennett EQ -> Kazuha EQ -> Yanfei EQ -> Lyney CA -> CA -> QE -> E -> CA -> CA can do it. Zhongli E -> Bennett QE -> Kazuha E (no Q) -> Lyney CA CA CA QE E CA lets you buff an extra CA and is a stronger shield, but you lose out on TTDS+lyney Q4+yanfei's particles (but yanfei can have energy issues with TTDS meaning things can go south in abyss... so I'm not sure which i like better).

Note that starting with two CAs is long term better because it fully stacks Marruchessee, if you'll never use that set you can lead with lyney's QE E instead.

Also I spent a bunch of resin on Marruchessee and have a sands and pyro cup (!) but no usable flower or feather. lol.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Aug 26, 2023

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I've been using Ayaka / HMC / Lynette / Sayu as my Fontaine overworld team. I have Sayu's C6, so I've built her full EM, and man, she's been going off: her Shatters hit almost as hard as a single tick of Ayaka's burst.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

1. why do bosses still only drop 2 of boss mat thing. this is the most tedious bullshit
2. why do so many things knock you flying backward. this is also tedious bullshit

not sure why i'm so angry after coming back to this game for the first time in a bit but hey, I am

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Meowywitch posted:

1. why do bosses still only drop 2 of boss mat thing. this is the most tedious bullshit
2. why do so many things knock you flying backward. this is also tedious bullshit

1. they drop 2 or 3 randomly if youre at the highest world level
2. use a shielder

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Meowywitch posted:

not sure why i'm so angry after coming back to this game for the first time in a bit but hey, I am

welcome back

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
i look forward to genshin spending the rest of it service life slowly integrating all the mechanical improvements star rail had from the start

and then fans of both get to be jealous of zzz, probably

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Being in Fontaine proper and getting hit with all sorts of new tutorials, it's kinda funny going back and comparing all of the newer ones to older ones. In the older tutorials, they'd use all sorts of different characters for illustrating different things (including Lumine), but after a certain point they were just like, "gently caress it, we're just using Aether for whenever we need a character, deal with it"

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Man Mondstadt and Inazuma City are so small compared to Liyue, Sumeru and Fontaine.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Liyue and Mondstadt are getting new chunks of territory to link with Fontaine, right?

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Traveller posted:

Liyue and Mondstadt are getting new chunks of territory to link with Fontaine, right?

who knows, for all we know they never get "linked" for some under-the-hood performance reason and the most we ever get is some low-detail LODs to maintain the illusion

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tree Reformat posted:

who knows, for all we know they never get "linked" for some under-the-hood performance reason and the most we ever get is some low-detail LODs to maintain the illusion
i think given that they've had characters constantly mention areas that would link with them, we're going to get areas that link with them. just a Game Theory

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I haven't been interested enough to do more than checking out new character trailers, have they been saying anything about how development and popularity made them make changes to city size? I mean, Sumeru is huge vertically in a way that Liyue is more spread out horizontally. Fontaine is just enormous and has levels to it. If they were in like 2.4 and like 'Holy poo poo we can really expand area size a bit more since we're not going to run out of money' balanced by needing to keep it running on phones?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
That Celestia place is right over the hole in the map, so probably not until we're supposed to go there.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I have a nice phone and I would be scared to install this game on it these days

I don't want my phone to short circuit (1986)

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Endorph posted:

i think given that they've had characters constantly mention areas that would link with them, we're going to get areas that link with them. just a Game Theory

Surely this time we're finally going to Qiaoying Village!

For real, though, the Fontaine plateau is manifestly not big enough to fit an entire expansion's worth of zones, so something's gotta give. Of course a lot of it could be underground or on a separate map like the Chasm and Enkanomiya, but with the rumours of a playable Cloud Retainer in 4.x, this seems like a good time for it. Yes, I said the same thing about Baizhu. Don't worry about it.

I'll also note that there seems to be a "side entrance" to Fontaine just out of bounds on the east side:

This is probably the Lumidouce Harbour that gets a mention in the teaser quest from 3.8. It's bloody hard to make out in-game, but I'm pretty sure there's a whole elevator-and-dock assembly already modeled on the outer side. As seen from Sumeru:

(I turned up the contrast to make the silhouette clearer.) Here's a much nicer shot of that same vista for good measure:

At first I thought it was kind of a letdown how disconnected Fontaine is from the rest of the world (for now), but the way it changes the earlier regions' skyline is really cool. It leaves an awful lot of unused space beneath Celestia, though. There's easily enough room for three or four patches' worth of stuff in there; more than I'd expect to see in just 4.x.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Inazuma was a mistake

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The reason Inazuma looks like a rustic village and wooden castle in comparison to the other cities is because that's exactly what it is.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

DancingShade posted:

The reason Inazuma looks like a rustic village and wooden castle in comparison to the other cities is because that's exactly what it is.

lol

It is!

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
"what if i just dictator my way into forcing my country to never change or improve for centuries, that'll solve all my problems, right" -world's biggest brain archon

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Finished my Golden Troupe grind for Fischl.

Before:

After:

I got unreasonably lucky with these rolls. The only piece I had trouble with was the flower, and I could probably go back for a better one.

Anyway, Fischl does about 13% more damage now, which is a significant upgrade that she absolutely did not need. Now her general purpose electro damage artifacts can go to... someone? Clorinde?

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Tree Reformat posted:

"what if i just dictator my way into forcing my country to never change or improve for centuries, that'll solve all my problems, right" -world's biggest brain archon
I just finished all the story quests and it was more like "I'm immortal but horribly depressed so I'm going to clone myself then go sleep in my room for 500 years"

which, I feel u but the Raiden Shogun is a program and has no nuance or emotion so took "I want everything to be the same forever" as extremely literal which was very easy to exploit by the Fatui

as far as Liyue & Mondstat, I definitely think they'll be getting upgrades the same patch we go under Celestia which I assume is where the map will expand to since we've already got those waterways to Liyue and it'd be incredibly silly for it to just be sitting there "out of order" for two years. Which I guess is happening with the one that goes to Sneznaya, huh

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Maxwell Adams posted:

Finished my Golden Troupe grind for Fischl.

Before:

After:

I got unreasonably lucky with these rolls. The only piece I had trouble with was the flower, and I could probably go back for a better one.

Anyway, Fischl does about 13% more damage now, which is a significant upgrade that she absolutely did not need. Now her general purpose electro damage artifacts can go to... someone? Clorinde?

Okay this is good to know because I've heard so many conflicting reports about that set on her and I have a metric fuckton of them from grinding Lyney's artifacts.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Tampa Bae posted:

I just finished all the story quests and it was more like "I'm immortal but horribly depressed so I'm going to clone myself then go sleep in my room for 500 years"

which, I feel u but the Raiden Shogun is a program and has no nuance or emotion so took "I want everything to be the same forever" as extremely literal which was very easy to exploit by the Fatui

as far as Liyue & Mondstat, I definitely think they'll be getting upgrades the same patch we go under Celestia which I assume is where the map will expand to since we've already got those waterways to Liyue and it'd be incredibly silly for it to just be sitting there "out of order" for two years. Which I guess is happening with the one that goes to Sneznaya, huh

The story quests are her wife staging an intervention to drag her hikkikomori rear end out of her room. This is why Gamer Girl AU is real.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Stare-Out posted:

Okay this is good to know because I've heard so many conflicting reports about that set on her and I have a metric fuckton of them from grinding Lyney's artifacts.
Conflicting reports??? It's just flat out great on her!

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Stare-Out posted:

You just need to be sure that you don't have Fischl on field for more than 2 seconds, so you get the 4-piece set bonus. If I don't do that, the damage increase over her old artifact set is more like 1%.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Maxwell Adams posted:

You just need to be sure that you don't have Fischl on field for more than 2 seconds, so you get the 4-piece set bonus. If I don't do that, the damage increase over her old artifact set is more like 1%.
As I understand it the set turns back on as soon as she goes off field again, so the important part is getting the initial E cast hit buffed. After that it's not a big deal if you stay on for a few seconds (tho why would you).

Kale
May 14, 2010

Tampa Bae posted:

The unfinished territory in Fontaine is a lot closer to the playable zone than usual as well which is creating some really odd visuals in the Northeast corner of the zone. Granted it's only that way for a few more weeks, but usually they'll have some sort of hill or ocean obscuring the view of the unfinished territory to disguise it better.

I figure the prison area is going to essentially be Impel Down from One Piece in any case. Also couple other thoughts, doing Faruzan's hang out it's pretty crazy how so many characters in the game have a melancholic backstory. Even Furina if you go to the one fountain you can somehow hear her inner thoughts crying about being lonely and broken, which along with her own inner self visions and general goofiness kind of indicates we're not getting a true rear end in a top hat antagonistic Archon this time either. On some level she's got to be able to put up a fight though obviously for when she becomes playable so I'm definitely curious to see what her powers and fighting style are like, but right now if I had to guess the Archon's we've met so far's fighting ability I would hazard it's something like Raiden>Zhongli>>>>>>Nahida=Furina=Venti. In the end the Tsaritsa is probably going to be the most powerful one since she'll eventually have all the Gnosis by the time we meet her the way the stories going.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

All I want is to see a nail get dropped. Please Celestia, nuke Fontaine off the face of Teyvat.

E: the Tsarista will be a Bronya so of course she'll be the best.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

what do the gnosis do exactly

none of the archons that have lost theirs seem particularly diminished. it really seems to be more of an RFID chip for Celestia to track the archons than an elemental catalyst like Visions

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Excelzior posted:

none of the archons that have lost theirs seem particularly diminished. it really seems to be more of an RFID chip for Celestia to track the archons than an elemental catalyst like Visions

My theory is that they put some portion of their powers in it as a show of fealty to Celestia. (And to not get killed in the Archon War). Zhongli is still great in a fight but for example he can no longer make Mora without the gnosis.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Excelzior posted:

It's been a while since I've done any reading but I believe they were given by Celestia and boosted their innate strength as well as giving them specific powers, like creating Mora. It's been so long I don't recall any details though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

No Wave posted:

Conflicting reports??? It's just flat out great on her!

Maxwell Adams posted:

There was talk about the set really being a damage percentage increase on her but only in the way that it's only a percentage of her total damage not a flat increase etc. Glad to hear that it was just early post-patch clickbait nonsense!