Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

The Islamic Shock posted:

I just noticed something that Ben Shapiro, Jordan Peterson and Donald Trump have in common. Why do at least three right-wing media personalities sound annoying as poo poo no matter what they're saying?

Wait until you appreciate some Master Shake…. Err Mark Levin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

predicto posted:

America is thirty or forty years old and does NOT deserve this, carlson

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
https://twitter.com/JoshuaPHilll/status/1695141385068806601?t=t33xZmkFW4yd9ypvSwg6_A&s=19

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

OneEightHundred posted:

I still don't really get glam rock at all,

Check out Marc Bolan (T Rex), Bowie and the New York Dolls. Prince. Adam Ant. Annie Lennox and Aimee Mann. Glam rock kicks rear end.

You could probably toss Elton John in there since he's loving awesome and probably the most mainstream example.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

BiggerBoat posted:

Check out Marc Bolan (T Rex), Bowie and the New York Dolls. Prince. Adam Ant. Annie Lennox and Aimee Mann. Glam rock kicks rear end.

You could probably toss Elton John in there since he's loving awesome and probably the most mainstream example.

Yeah compared to actual names in this space, Alice Cooper and Dee Snider can't hang. Alice in particular has been making mainstream poser poo poo since forever. It would be tragic to confuse him with anything punk or counter-cultural.

Snider being pro-choice, pro-worker, pro-face mask, but TERFy just illustrates that trans acceptance has a ways to go before it is mainstream. Hence why conservatives try to chip away at this corner.

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog

What was this, it takes me to a "hilarious" broken twitter page:
This page is down
I scream. You scream. We all scream... for us to fix this page. We’ll stop making jokes and get things up and running soon.

EDIT: whelp, it works now. It's Dinesh being Dinesh, ugh.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

predicto posted:

Just did and holy poo poo, I'm the nerdiest guy I know and I want to shove that guy into a locker so badly

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Name Change posted:

Yeah compared to actual names in this space, Alice Cooper and Dee Snider can't hang. Alice in particular has been making mainstream poser poo poo since forever. It would be tragic to confuse him with anything punk or counter-cultural.

Snider being pro-choice, pro-worker, pro-face mask, but TERFy just illustrates that trans acceptance has a ways to go before it is mainstream. Hence why conservatives try to chip away at this corner.

Dee Snider will forever get a pass from me for his congressional testimony against the PMRC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0Vyr1TylTE

I don't tend to look to musicians, athletes or actors for political guidance, by and large, but when you shove a microphone in people's faces they might just speak to things and I have no issue with that. God knows, if anyone had interviewed me over the last 30 years, a ton of embarrassing poo poo might have flown out of my mouth that I might want to rephrase or retract.

Christ, look at my post history.

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Aug 27, 2023

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Staluigi posted:

Aba and preach kept tabs on them from then on out for sure and it was

uh

It was interesting

Like because a&p were surgeons in identifying the parts where "red pill manosphere" poo poo had made them fragile homophobes, and this sort circuited their brains completely and had them hootin and hollerin and jumping around like orangutans in an unintended parody of their own racial self loathing

This video in particular is like a forensic analysis of manosphere poo poo. Their brains broke. Absolutely majestic. One hundred percent the energy of a post you can respond to with "nice meltdown".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t26bgsjW01Y

Also sorta evidence to me that they're cocaine based lifeforms at this point but you know

oh so they did respond to it. thanks

...! posted:

She was actually one of the Oathkeeper leaders until she denounced them during her trial. She's now trying to actually use her struggles with being trans as a defense against her charges, saying that that's what drove her to right wing militancy and belief in conspiracy theories. Yeah.

Diversity hire indeed.

Edit: I think (don't quote me on this) I remember reading that she joined well before she realized she was a woman and by the time she started transitioning she was much too entrenched in their operations for them to easily oust her. So they essentially had to refer to her as "one of the good ones" but I'm sure a lot of the rank and file would have eagerly killed her if they thought they could get away with it.

so i read a bit more about her, and apparently, she came out as trans to her family, and they immediately disowned her cause they were hardcore conservatives. and so, she apparently decided that the correct course of action was to...join an even more extreme group of conservatives. :psyducks:

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

BiggerBoat posted:

I know there's some good stuff, I just don't understand how a bunch of these fratty wank-rock bands decided that what would really help their gimmick is dressing up like runway models.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

OneEightHundred posted:

I know there's some good stuff, I just don't understand how a bunch of these fratty wank-rock bands decided that what would really help their gimmick is dressing up like runway models.

Cocaine's a hell of a drug!

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

OneEightHundred posted:

Rock and roll always tries to market itself to young people as outside and edgy, and being transgressive about what it's acceptable to look like and act like has always been part of it, from Elvis adopting black culture to the Beatles with their extremely long hair in 1963 to everything thereafter. When groups with actual connections to outsiders - like the Velvet Underground - picked up on playing with gender norms and queerness, a lot of bands interested in generating attention decided that was the way to go, and then in Reagan's incredibly straight America, hitting those points again became shocking again.

If you watch any of Twister Sister's videos, it's clear that they literally wanted to be John Belushi in Animal House, to the point of hiring Mark Metcalf to be the antagonist in some of them, so "frat boys playing up rebelliousness" is exactly what they were

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

skeleton warrior posted:

If you watch any of Twister Sister's videos,

I have nothing to add except "Twister Sister" is probably an even better name for a band than "Twisted Sister."

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Remember he got the pardon from Trump.
He will forever be praising him.
Trump could be making GBS threads into Dinesh's childrens mouths, and he would be praising how great the lego pieces in the poo poo are.

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble

In the mythology of the urban black community the Gangsta (“gangster”) Messiah is always preceded by a herald, often incarnated as a precocious, white 17 year old essayist or a priggish, Indian-American conspiracy grifter.

The Artificial Kid fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Aug 29, 2023

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Mr Interweb posted:

oh so they did respond to it. thanks

so i read a bit more about her, and apparently, she came out as trans to her family, and they immediately disowned her cause they were hardcore conservatives. and so, she apparently decided that the correct course of action was to...join an even more extreme group of conservatives. :psyducks:

If I’m trying to apply any sort of logic to it, which I understand is stupid with fascists, her going ultra-conservative may have been to try to win back the approval of her family. Atone for her sins if you will.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

I didn't see this posted

Fox News apologizes to Gold Star family after facing backlash over false story

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/fox-news-apologizes-gold-star-002949017.html

quote:

Fox News apologized Saturday to a Gold Star family for publishing a false story last month claiming that the family had to pay $60,000 to ship the remains of their fallen relative back from Afghanistan because the Pentagon refused to pay.

“The now unpublished story has been addressed internally and we sincerely apologize to the Gee family,” a Fox News spokesperson said in a statement, referencing the family of fallen Marine Sgt. Nicole Gee, who was one of 13 service members killed in a terror attack at the Kabul airport in 2021 while assisting with US withdrawal efforts.

The apology came after a Military.com report this week drew attention to the issue and indicated that the right-wing outlet’s top executives had repeatedly been notified by senior members of tStenger, who is the top spokesman for the Marine Corps, added that he viewed the behavior of Fox News as “disgusting,” according to Military.com.

Initially, after being notified about the false report, Fox News only changed the headline on the story to attribute the claims to Republican Rep. Cory Mills of Florida, who had advanced the narrative but later recanted. The outlet later scrubbed the story from its website without a correction or explanation. It remained deleted on Saturday after the apology.

Deleting an entire story is exceedingly rare in news media and is seen as a last-ditch measure if the entire premise of the article is incorrect. Deleting a story without offering readers an explanation or correction is widely considered to be unethical.he Marine Corps that it was pushing a false story.

In an email to Fox News President Jay Wallace and other network personnel, Marine Corps spokesman Maj. James Stenger privately accused the outlet of capitalizing off Gee’s death “to score cheap clickbait points,” according to documents obtained by Military.com through a public records request.

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I expect a lot of blatantly, indefensibly false stories to pop up in right wing outlets over the next 15 months and then disappear once called out - and hey, if a few tens of thousands of people end believing, forever, that Biden forced a Gold Star family to pay for their daughter's corpse's airlift, that's just a cost of aggressive, hard-hitting journalism, right?

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Mellow Seas posted:

I expect a lot of blatantly, indefensibly false stories to pop up in right wing outlets over the next 15 months and then disappear once called out - and hey, if a few tens of thousands of people end believing, forever, that Biden forced a Gold Star family to pay for their daughter's corpse's airlift, that's just a cost of aggressive, hard-hitting journalism, right?

Fox has already settled one lawsuit around false reporting and is still defending another. A few more lawsuits may curb their appetite.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Shooting Blanks posted:

Fox has already settled one lawsuit around false reporting and is still defending another. A few more lawsuits may curb their appetite.

The only thing that will stop Fox News is their complete and utter destruction. As long as they can pay pocket change for their lies they will continue to do so.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Shooting Blanks posted:

I’m definitely not counting on that

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Shooting Blanks posted:

There's a difference between defaming a huge company and some random military family. Paying cheap settlements and legal fees is just the cost of doing business.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1695805258478260732?t=ucnXyR4iC0S72noTAm9o2w&s=19

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

I loving hate Ramaswamy so much. It's obvious he's a cynical rich libertarian shithead who doesn't believe 90 percent of what he spouts but he's figured out the GOP electorate is so loving dumb he can just angrily and quickly gish gallop phrases like South Side of Chicago! Kensington! ("black people" in case you hadn't figured it out) etc. that they will totally swallow it.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Zwabu posted:

I loving hate Ramaswamy so much. It's obvious he's a cynical rich libertarian shithead who doesn't believe 90 percent of what he spouts but he's figured out the GOP electorate is so loving dumb he can just angrily and quickly gish gallop phrases like South Side of Chicago! Kensington! ("black people" in case you hadn't figured it out) etc. that they will totally swallow it.

It just seems like he checks off the right wing talking points one after another. It's like kid that copy/pastes the Wikipedia article for a school paper without the creativity to try to put it in their own words. So with this recent shooting he does same thing they all do, "what about the Nashville shooters manifesto?".

His CPAC speech was pretty much just 5 minutes of "Communism is bad! There are only two genders!"

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Zwabu posted:

I have a bad feeling about this because since the success of Rufo manufacturing the whole "groomer" thing in response to someone bringing up the Catholic Church's sex scandals, the far right sewer's preferred strategy is to go on offense and just never shut up about it.

Xitter is already inundated with "WHAT ABOUT BLM THUGS OVERTURNING CARS?" and celebration of the Rittenhouse shooting anniversary. Ramaswarmy is doing the usual deflections of blaming literally everything but the actual problem, but the base position is being intentionally shifted more and more toward "actually shooting black people is totally fine and cool."

It's not enough to deny that easy access to guns is the problem, now the test for Republicans is to deny that violence against their enemies is even a problem.

See also:
https://twitter.com/davidfrum/status/1695807710070034883

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Shooting Blanks posted:

Maybe Murdoch is giving it his all, no matter how far he has to push the law, to make the world as lovely as he can before he dies, and then have his kids pin everything on him.

Selfless, really.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Disco Godfather posted:

He seems like a "I don't care if you're black or white or brown or purple or blue" guy

"Unless you're purple because you're choking. Then I'll help you out."

RIP in peace, Mitch Hedberg

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Man, when you get manuvered into a corner by Chuck Todd of all people.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I really hate how republicans fall back on that line about not politicizing things when it’s something they don’t want to talk about. Happens every time there’s a mass shooting. rear end in a top hat, it was politicized the moment it happened. Right-wing violence is inherently political!

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Bird in a Blender posted:

I really hate how republicans fall back on that line about not politicizing things when it’s something they don’t want to talk about. Happens every time there’s a mass shooting. rear end in a top hat, it was politicized the moment it happened. Right-wing violence is inherently political!

It’s very in line with the famous Sartre quote from Antisemite and Jew.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The shooter politicized this killing! Do you want to be like a mass shooter?

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

his "bububub chicago" rebuttal doesn't even make sense cause that's...black on black crime, as these people love to point out.

also, bad news folks:

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1695931894045544506

farewell, sweet prince. they won't be raising taxes on the non-existent business you own where you're going :911:

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Rest in :piss:

edit: I mean I guess it kind of sucks that a guy died of cancer when he was barely older than I am, but also the guy he's yelling at in that picture was literally trying to give him health care, so gently caress him anyway.

This Is the Zodiac fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Aug 28, 2023

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Oh no, the world is short one more disproportionately aggrieved white guy

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

I can assure you that by the end of the day I will have forgotten about his death, and will never think about him again.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

He died of pancreatic cancer, just about the worst way to go. I don't mind remembering him if it means we get a better treatment for that than the wildly expensive (and custom) treatment that exists.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Bird in a Blender posted:

Like how we probably don't need to politicize the Maui fires but I have it on good authority from Sean Hannity that it was because of a "water shortage brought about by environmental regulations"

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

BiggerBoat posted:

Like how we probably don't need to politicize the Maui fires but I have it on good authority from Sean Hannity that it was because of a "water shortage brought about by environmental regulations"

That's probably also the reason he gave for chickening out of getting waterboarded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Mr Interweb posted:

farewell, sweet prince. they won't be raising taxes on the non-existent business you own where you're going :911:

Fake business, fake plumber but hey need to push an agenda so the media didn't need to check.