Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Inspector Hound posted:

There should be an option to add them to newer movies, like putting record scratches into digital albums

Speaking of, shocked this is still up but it was so cool:

http://thevhsvault.com/

Seeing boutique houses actually promote their VHS and Laserdisc preservation stuff is cool.

But seriously, yeah they do as little work as possible bringing this stuff to you. Might as well credit the crack team that brought you prebaked subtitles at that point.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Aug 25, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Lol

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Marvel movies have broken me. Even if it's a movie from the 1940s, I still quick-scroll through the credits in case there is an extra scene. (There never is)

Activia
Apr 13, 2022

Goal: some kind of neat moth

ymgve posted:

Marvel movies have broken me. Even if it's a movie from the 1940s, I still quick-scroll through the credits in case there is an extra scene. (There never is)

You could miss when Nick Fury recruits Doctor Caligari to join the avengers!

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

ymgve posted:

Streaming platforms should have a "skip to credits scene" button for any movies that have that kinda content

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

*director of Birth of a Nation strolls up to the directors of North, Song of the South, and Mel Gibson*

Gentlemen welcome to the SLURS REDACTED

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
It's S. Craig Zahler's birthday today
That means only one thing...BRING IT IN, GUYS

Shageletic posted:

*director of Birth of a Nation strolls up to the directors of North, Song of the South, and Mel Gibson*

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

ymgve posted:

Same but with Ferris Bueller. It was like 25 years of fast forwarding through the credits and getting rewarded like maybe 3 times before the Marvel movies showed up.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Punkin Spunkin posted:

It's S. Craig Zahler's birthday today
That means only one thing...BRING IT IN, GUYS

lol

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Craig rear end zahler

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
The solution is to watch the credits all the way through at normal speed while taking the time to reflect on the movie and enjoy the music that the creator selected to round out the experience. Otherwise, you simply haven't experienced the movie as intended.

W424
Oct 21, 2010

SimonChris posted:

enjoy the music that the creator selected to round out the experience.

The dumping ground for filler songs from the soundtrack album

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
I was so disappointed when Spider-Verse part 1 ended with that tepid wet fart of a credits song.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

SimonChris posted:

The solution is to watch the credits all the way through at normal speed while taking the time to reflect on the movie and enjoy the music that the creator selected to round out the experience. Otherwise, you simply haven't experienced the movie as intended.

I saw some tweet about people watching shows at like 1.5x speed to consume the slop faster and I'm pretty sure that describes at least a couple guys in this thread, lol if you think those psychopaths are physically capable of actually letting the credits roll

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

SimonChris posted:

The best way to watch credits is squished on the side of the screen while commercials start playing next to them

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

W424 posted:

The dumping ground for filler songs from the soundtrack album

Plus songs about the movie and/or songs performed by actors from the movie.

Who could forget such classics from:

Ace Ventura (Tone Loc and Jim Carrey)
https://youtu.be/_7cNFfSRPDE

Lethal Weapon
https://youtu.be/1KahIflwdyk

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (Robert Downey Jr)
https://youtu.be/FAC5hvJdSSM

And most Will Smith movies. What a magical time.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I know it's performative but I like watching the credits because people spent months or years of their lives on whatever I just watched and they deserve some recognition. Plus, there are sometimes funny names/job titles/messages to look for and who doesn't love when they have a section for crew pets?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I actually do generally love the first 15-30 seconds of the credits because that first music cue is usually well crafted and hits just right

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Wolfsheim posted:

I saw some tweet about people watching shows at like 1.5x speed to consume the slop faster and I'm pretty sure that describes at least a couple guys in this thread, lol if you think those psychopaths are physically capable of actually letting the credits roll

There was someone who admitted to doing this years ago. Madness

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Broke: post credits scene

Woke: credits with one long interrupted take underneath.

Just watched Unlawful Entry which did just that.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

ruddiger posted:

Broke: post credits scene

Woke: credits with one long interrupted take underneath.

Just watched Unlawful Entry which did just that.

Some not very good Italian film (of course) on Criterion channel just had a shot of tits under the credits

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker
The Flash is on Max now and wow it's worse than I expected. It's 50% Looney Tunes and not in an endearing way.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Past Lives was the best movie I've seen this year. Give it all the Oscars.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

mcmagic posted:

It’s on streaming now???

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

buffalo all day posted:

It’s on streaming now???

you can rent it on amazon

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

ymgve posted:

1940s movies start with the credits! Every scene is an after-credits scene.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
I thought The Flash was exactly as good as it needed to be to be considered passable. Certainly a far cry from the advance reviews that were calling it incredible, but also not as bad as I expected considering how badly it flopped. If Ezra Miller had been less of a publicly terrible person , I think it would have been considered "pretty good but not perfect" by general audiences as well. It was certainly a deciding factor in why I didn't see it until now.

I would say that the story half of the movie was much, much better than the action half. I have an extremely soft spot for plots involving alternate universes and time travel and such though, so I'm pretty biased. Keaton Batman was fine, but all of the other cameos and characters and the ultimate reveal of the villains' motivations and resolution of all the action bits were just nothingburgers. I feel like that's partially by design considering what happens, and how the movie moves past it, but it still didn't make it satisfying.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
They had so little faith in the Flash that the entire climax is a Man of Steel alternate ending featuring a Michael Shannon performance so visibly annoyed by the fact that he has to keep doing this poo poo that it should be considered an act of hostility

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

What's wrong with you? You don't even have your beer goggles on!!

SimonChris posted:

When a movie ends, I'm glad I can move on with my life and do something else. I never watched credits in my life and I can't comprehend why anybody would consistently do it. I can reflect on the movie while washing dishes or doing literally anything else I have to do during the day.I don't need to be staring at the letters on the screen to appreciate what the creators of The Flash or similar garbage likely to include a post-credit scene intended me to experience. What's next? Sitting through the entirety of GTAV credits which took like 35 minutes?

I suspect you are being ironic but I'm so riled up I can't tell.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I unironically like to sit there and watch the credits, or peace out and listen to the music before coming back to earth, and I turn off the skip credits option for Netflix etc. since streaming sites like to have that on automatically and that's annoying (plus it helps for replay).

It's really weird to me that this would annoy anyone, particularly someone who's not in the room with me when I'm doing that.

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

What's wrong with you? You don't even have your beer goggles on!!
I don't care or mind if anybody likes to watch credits, but I find it strange that anybody would see any universal greater good in watching the credits.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
I like to watch the credits for a minute or two, usually until the music changes, but there's really no reason to be so pompous about it.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

mcmagic posted:

It was ok.

Struggle to remember it even exists unless brought up. Not really my thing though.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Glottis posted:

The Flash is on Max now and wow it's worse than I expected. It's 50% Looney Tunes and not in an endearing way.

Every CG effect is consistently terrible in a "first pass" way. The time travel stuff where the Flash travels through honey and looks at X-Box 360 characters is of course very noticeable, but the chase scene, billowing capes, and slow-mo effects are all also terrible. This lines up with the director saying they did it on purpose, but "make every visual effect look horrendously out of date" is less a style and more a deadline thing/"we didn't actually think we'd release this."

I thought the actual story of the movie worked despite all this. Ezra Miller is very talented, so it's a shame to watch them throw it all away.

Name Change fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Aug 27, 2023

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

mcmagic posted:

Dredd isn't streaming anywhere I don't think which is pretty poo poo.

It goes on sale for $5 in 4K on digital storefronts 1-2 times/month, and on r/digitalcodesell you should quickly be able to find someone to sell you a 4K code for $3-4.

Ironhead
Jan 19, 2005

Ironhead. Mmm.

I like to watch the credits, because sometimes I recognize names or see something interesting. But also getting to point out my union bug to people always feels good.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I'm on episode four of Deadloch and I really can't stand this one character. I'm sure she gets better and gets redeemed and my opinion will be proven wrong by the end but the unpleasantness I've had to sit through still sucks. Everyone else is great it's just this one character and actor who is awful and annoying and keeping me from enjoying the twists and turns.

My verdict is: DON'T WATCH DEADLOCH. Don't waste your time.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Actually Deadloch is good.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Like I was trying to say even if this character turns out to be awesome, okay, I still had to enjoy multiple episodes of them boring into my soul like a dentist's drill. Not worth it. Don't watch it. No one should have to do serious emotional labor to enjoy the flashing lights on the screen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

withak posted:

Actually Deadloch is good.

DONT WATCH DEADLOCH

tell me why that outside lady detective isn't annoying, using only examples from the first three episodes