Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favourite Kirby Super Star power?
This poll is closed.
Beam 3 1.79%
Bomb 3 1.79%
Cook 1 0.60%
Copy 3 1.79%
Crash 1 0.60%
Cutter 5 2.98%
Fighter 5 2.98%
Fire 3 1.79%
Hammer 13 7.74%
Ice 3 1.79%
Jet 3 1.79%
Mike (sic) 14 8.33%
Mirror 11 6.55%
Ninja 5 2.98%
Paint 0 0%
Parasol 2 1.19%
Plasma 4 2.38%
Sleep 9 5.36%
Starship 5 2.98%
Stone 6 3.57%
Suplex 22 13.10%
Sword 20 11.90%
Wheel 6 3.57%
Wing 6 3.57%
Yo-Yo 15 8.93%
Total: 168 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Pin the AC6 thread, Ravens never die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

wizard2 posted:

Todd Howard strikes again! :argh:

The $1 plan started vibrating until it flew out of the website

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Decided to start a 3rd playthrough of Elden Ring even though I haven't finished my first two. Going for a fist/claw only run this time as Max Punchman, the World's Punchingest Man. Already 19 hours in and only just beat Margit.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I am a fool who got a kickass AC6 arena kill with a tank assault boost kick and didn't take a screenshot so that I can show off that cool moment forever.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
turn on shadowplay, gamer

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

turn on shadowplay, gamer

Yeah I just learnt about the PS5 equivalent and how it does it automatically, but it turns out that it dumps the saved video once you put the console on rest mode.

Oh well, live and learn.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

pacman world 2 hasn't aged the best, i honestly think the original is better at what it does. the camera in 2 is a nightmare, getting caught on things, being inflexible, and a general pain in the rear end. It sometimes goes fixed, but the fixed camera can still have a mind of its own and if you turn a certain way the camera might rotate to face backwards and you can't just manually reset it

it kind of feels like a game that started on the ps1 and moved to ps2 mid-development because the level design is kind of cramped and really simplistic in the way that i expect out of a ps1 3d platformer

i'll be interested in trying PMW3 because it's apparently v divisive for putting in more action elements and larger levels and being less of a 'true' PMW game but honestly those elements to me seem like they might be a necessary infusion

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Aug 27, 2023

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

PMW3 also has a Strong Bad reference

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i cataloged all the retro games i own so i can tackle them over the next couple of years

PS1: Arc the Lad 2, Arc the Lad 3, Chrono Cross (stopped at Miguel as a youth, too hard!), Fear Effect, FF9 (several tries I stopped midway), Front Mission 3, Legend of Mana, Mega Man Legends 2, Persona 2: EP, Vagrant Story

PS2: Ape Escape 2, Atelier Iris, Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance, Contra Shattered Soldier, Crimson Sea 2, Dark Cloud 2, SMT Devil Summoner 2, SMT3 Nocturne, DMC2, DMC3, Eternal Ring, Fatal Frame 2, FFX-2, Front Mission 4, God of War 1 & 2, Grandia 3, Lego Indiana Jones, Mana Khemia, Mark of Kri, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Maximo 1, Onimusha 2, Pac-Man World 3, Primal, Psi-ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy, Rise of the Kasai, Shadow Hearts Covenant, Shadow Hearts From the New World, Shining Force EXA, Suikoden 3, Suikoden 4, Valkyrie Profile 2, Viewtiful Joe 2, X-Men Legends 2, Xenosaga Pt 2 (ugh), Xenosaga pt 3, Ys Ark of Napishtim

PS3 (it came out 17 years ago, sorry folks, it's retro): Battlefield 3, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls, Dungeon Siege 3, Haze (lol), Killzone 3, Resistance 2, Resonance of Fate, Tales of Symphonia (might switch out to emulate the GC version instead)

XBOX/360: Gunvalkyrie, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Asura's Wrath, Prey (2006), Rayman 3 HD

WII: Dead Space Extraction, De Blob, Elebits, Epic Mickey, FF: My Life as a King, Madworld, Metroid Prime 3, Rango, Samba De Amigo, Trauma Center New Blood, Wario Land 5

NDS: Magical Starsign

TG-16: Bomberman 93, Bomberman 94, Bonk's Adventure, Bonk's Revenge, Cadash, Castlevania Rondo of Blood, Ghouls and Ghosts, JJ & Jeff, New Adventure Island, Cho Aniki, Aldynes, Lords of Thunder, Psychosis, R-Type, Salamander, Star Parodier, Super Darius, Super Star Soldier, Neutopia 2, Military Madness, Chew Man Fu

NEOGEO: Metal Slug 3, Metal Slug 4, Metal Slug 5, Shock Troopers 2nd Round, King of the Monsters, King of the Monsters 2, several fighting games, Puzzled

PC: Anachronox, No One Lives Forever, most of Blood (i've only played through Ep1 so far), Quake 1 Mission Packs 1 & 2, Shadow Man, Forsaken, the entire Apogee catalog, SNK 40th Anniversary, Necrovision, Necrovision: Lost Company, Quake 4, Clive Barker's Undying, Far Cry 2, Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil, Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight, Jedi Outcast, Jedi Academy, System Shock Enhanced Edition, XIII, Aliens Vs Predator 2000, KOTOR 2, Zwei 1, Zwei 2, Way of the Samurai 3, Return to Mysterious Island 2, Pathologic Classic HD, Gabriel Knight 3, Broken Sword 3, Collapse, Resident Evil 0, Thief Deadly Shadows, Tomb Raider Anniversary, Zork Nemesis, Amerzone, Soul Reaver, Soul Reaver 2, Kain Defiance, Oddworld Abe's Oddysee, Abe's Exoddus, Stranger's Wrath, Prince of Persia: the Two Thrones, Overlord, Bully, Septerra Core, Crash Bandicoot 2, Crash Bandicoot 3, Stubbs the Zombie, Kao the Kangaroo 2, Myst 3, Myst 4, Myst 5, Uru Complete Chronicles, Hitman Blood Money, Lego Star Wars (original), Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate 2, Icewind Dale, Icewind Dale 2, Fallout, Fallout 2, Fallout Tactics, Freedom Fighters, Giants: Citizen Kabuto, Jagged Alliance: Deadly Games, Neverwinter Nights Diamond/Enhanced, Planescape Torment, Rogue Trooper, Journeyman Project Prime, Tyrian 2000 (never fully played through), Unreal Gold

obv PC is where I have the most retro titles and part of that comes from the fact that GOG exists. but also I was lucky to at one point buy NOLF on CD-ROM, and I still have a box for Myst 4 that i got at a pawn shop?? i think I even have an Anachronox CD too even though I own it on Steam. but ps2 i spent a long time collecting stuff for in the late 2010s, and i'm glad I did at the time because now ps2 games cost quite a bit more than they used to except for more common games. JRPGs though? forget about it

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
This Octopath thing seems pretty good

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Today I beat En Garde! Charming little game with a pleasing art style and some fast swashbuckling swordplay. It's quite short, only taking me about 3 hours to play through the entire campaign on Medium, but there is also an Arena Mode and some additional challenges. Fun way to kill an afternoon.

So far in 2023 I have completed:

Citizen Sleeper
Vampire Survivors
Batora: Lost Haven
Vengeful Guardian: Moonrider
Hi-Fi Rush
Wanted: Dead
Chop Goblins
Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores (DLC)
Valkyrie Elysium
Age of Wonders 4
Diablo IV
Final Fantasy XVI
Octopath Traveler II
Baldur's Gate 3
En Garde!

Up Next:Probably just another Baldur's Gate 3 run!

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

WOOOOOOO

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Kerrzhe posted:

WOOOOOOO

WOOOOOOOOO

https://twitter.com/ArtsMoser/status/1688842372333899777

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Gonna just have to say it. All giant war robots look the same to me

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Can anyone think of any (good) games where addiction or alcoholism is a primary or prevalent theme in the narrative? I was talking to my friend about that, and the only one that immediately came to mind was LISA.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
There was that one level in Psychonauts 2

Handsome Wife
Feb 17, 2001

Disco Elysium?

MarsPearl
Feb 19, 2021

Blue Labrador posted:

Can anyone think of any (good) games where addiction or alcoholism is a primary or prevalent theme in the narrative? I was talking to my friend about that, and the only one that immediately came to mind was LISA.

Condemned 2 has a bizarre theme/subplot about you being an alcoholic that ends with you literally punching the demon personification of your alcoholism to death which like... cures it I guess?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Blue Labrador posted:

Haze

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
beat links awakening switch

what a legendary game. glad i finally got to play it and this version ruled. looking up the QoL changes for the switch i am really glad i played this version.

been reading interpretations of the ending. so wonderfully melancholy. i am going with the idea that all of Koholint vanished when the wind fish up. the seagull at the end wasnt Marin reincarnated but Link fondly remembering her when he saw the gull.

good games

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i have spent my time incredibly wisely

DF1C321AVAPP (steam)

Kerrzhe fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Aug 28, 2023

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Kerrzhe posted:

excellent

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I'm playing through the Star Trek Resurgence game with my wife and it's really fun to play it that way. Although right now it's very funny-- you have two characters you control, and one is tasked with galactic ethical intruige while the other one is like, should I gently caress this girl??

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Blue Labrador posted:

Kentucky Route Zero

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Man I loving LOVED the Septerra Core demo

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Kerrzhe posted:

DF1C321AVAPP

Go get em champ! :911:

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

Blue Labrador posted:

Papo & Yo is all about it.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

verbal enema posted:

Man I loving LOVED the Septerra Core demo

Septerra Core is a cool game and I should try and actually play through it some day. I have it on GOG.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Blue Labrador posted:

Disco Elysium's protagonist struggles with this and you can handle that in different ways, although the games main themes are more political and philosophical but your means of interacting come through an avatar with a bad relationship with alcohol.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Kerrzhe posted:

DF1C321AVAPP

Which platform? Emblems are not cross-platform annoyingly.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Does anyone know how well AC6 runs on PS4?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Ibblebibble posted:

Which platform? Emblems are not cross-platform annoyingly.

Considering the keyboard icons...

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Considering the keyboard icons...

No.... NOOOOOOO

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

the only current console i have is a switch! i'm a pc gamer!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The PC is just a console that thinks it’s better than everyone.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The goons I know who hold PvP friendlies with each other are also PC... :negative:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

is there any matchmaking for pvp or is it just custom rooms?

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Thanks for all the addiction game recommendations: I'll check them out!

Maybe not Haze. Everything I look up mentions that it sucks and made the studio shut down lol.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Kerrzhe posted:

is there any matchmaking for pvp or is it just custom rooms?

It's all custom rooms I believe. I haven't tried it out myself yet, I need to save up to not use the preorder head anymore for fashion purposes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

that one anime butt game is getting a new character

https://twitter.com/NIKKE_en/status/1695979542647578800

very cool