Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

I. M. Gei posted:

Is that a photoshop, or did some madman really make an AoT/Symphogear crossover show?

Iyt's from the Symphogear phone game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

I. M. Gei posted:

Is that a photoshop, or did some madman really make an AoT/Symphogear crossover show?

symphogear gacha game, which includes such au events as 'the doctor is actually an honest to god good guy' and 'what if tsubasa had died during the concert instead of kanade'

it was neat and actually kinda fun to play but the monetization was pretty harsh

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://x.com/burgeroise/status/1691252584861085696?s=46&t=K6CRMiA33aFQep_ZPx64DQ

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 22 days!)

https://twitter.com/pflmma/status/1692635539642736664?s=46&t=UyfxoSAUKW7QZlR_GhkuYA

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

So is this lie prowrestling for MMA?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KomradeX posted:

So is this lie prowrestling for MMA?

Kind of. PFL is a direct competitor to UFC and I guess this is how they figure they can draw more views.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I'm increasingly concerned that is infact the actual ogre and he just got bored after how bad the sumo arc was and climbed out of the manga into our reality

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(
7 spellblades has genderfluid people getting a bonus to elemental magic and a LGBTQ club hidden in the labyrinth under the magical school, so it's now officially better than the source material it was ripping off in every possible way.

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

https://twitter.com/topgyaru/status/1694464559141277832?s=46&t=kbB084LXvpaC9EB66c7D6w

wolfs has issued a correction as of 06:13 on Aug 24, 2023

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I bet he’s not so fond of explosion magic anymore.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Gripweed posted:

:golfclap:

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

i like to believe he's selling hot dogs in a better world

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Gripweed posted:

lmao

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HELP ME! I'M A CEO WHO WAS KILLED BY MY RIVALS. NOW I'M SELLING HOT DOGS TO RACIST ADVENTURERS AND EVERYONE THINKS I'M A GOBLIN!?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

HELP ME! I'M A CEO WHO WAS KILLED BY MY RIVALS. NOW I'M SELLING HOT DOGS TO RACIST ADVENTURERS AND EVERYONE THINKS I'M A GOBLIN!?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The Military General Has Been Reincarnated as a Hot Dog Salesman in Hell

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

January 6 Survivor posted:

7 spellblades has genderfluid people getting a bonus to elemental magic and a LGBTQ club hidden in the labyrinth under the magical school, so it's now officially better than the source material it was ripping off in every possible way.

The main character basically turning to the screen to say "being trans is extremely cool and good and makes you a better wizard" was great. The story really feels like a personal gently caress you to Rowling

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Someone needs to find the actual panel, but the quote of it :

quote:

Dave from Osaka Prefecture, age 35: "I myself am a raper... I know the challenge of raping. To put it simply... What I saw that day was not possible by the laws of human limits."

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

Ytlaya posted:

:goofy:

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

I dont think ive ever described Baki as tasteful, but cosplaying a broken home angle to motivate a fight between father and son is...a little pale

I guess also everything about baki too

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

who knew the best anime in 2022/2023 would be Bleach

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019

Popy posted:

who knew the best anime in 2022/2023 would be Bleach ninja turtles mutant mayhem

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
When did bleach come back and why is it about their children?

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(
Are they pulling a Naruto?

tbqh I only read a little bit of Bleach, like maybe a volume or two. seemed like a solid shonen with cool action and some humor. And then like 20 years later while browsing resident evil fanart I find one lady who draws very horny Leon x Ada stuff and is also very upset that the main guy in Bleach didn't end up with the main girl. Which I guess I agree with? They had a fun back and forth in what little I read of Bleach back then.

Oh well that's my Bleach story, next time I will tell you how I read one volume of Hunter X Hunter and didn't find it all that enthralling.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

critical support to bleach guy for putting in the least effort possible to create a megahit shounen

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Bro Dad posted:

critical support to bleach guy for putting in the least effort possible to create a megahit shounen

Told the same arc over and over, got cancelled, and now it's back telling the arc again?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pillsburysoldier posted:

I dont think ive ever described Baki as tasteful, but cosplaying a broken home angle to motivate a fight between father and son is...a little pale

I guess also everything about baki too

it’s a beautiful story. the Japanese field of dreams. if you kill your baby mama, and constantly terrorize your son, then he’ll get strong enough to kick your rear end.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

HootTheOwl posted:

Told the same arc over and over, got cancelled, and now it's back telling the arc again?

bleach wasn't cancelled. well, the manga at least. it ended because the mangaka was literally on the verge of death due to the workload.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

that's not real you loving idiot

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Kind of. PFL is a direct competitor to UFC and I guess this is how they figure they can draw more views.

this is just a return to UFCs roots

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

bleach wasn't cancelled. well, the manga at least. it ended because the mangaka was literally on the verge of death due to the workload.

i feel like this happens alot

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The anime gives a weird impression of Yujiro Hanma's politics. I bet he's a No Labels kind of guy.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Stairmaster posted:

that's not real you loving idiot

This is the same manga that had a (very real) chapter talking about how Yujiro is such a man that all other men are effectively women in his presence, and he rapes some mountain climber, causing him to discover his "inner woman" and become obsessed with being manly to compensate.

I've only read stuff from Baki-dou 2018, but I don't think it's strange that I assumed the panel people frequently referenced was real, given how bizarre this manga routinely is.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Watching the Soul Society get obliterated is pretty rad, as is watching Nazis get obliterated.

Bleach aint bad this go 'round

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Supereye Patch Wolf had a good video a few years back about why Bleach sucks

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

gently caress what some nerd says, Bleach is cool even when it’s bad everyone looks cool af and the show has a dope ost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JEjQG4-tpU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I like when baki finally has sex and interprets it as the reverse of fighting, saying something like
"in fighting I use my body to make my partner feel bad things, in loving I use my body to make my partner feel good things"

Then losing his virginity powers him up like going super saiyan and he easily defeats the series villains

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/not__vee/status/1695379941292912667

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
The whole premise of Monster Musume is that it's our world + monster girls. Isekais send people to fantasy worlds, not slight variations on our world.