Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

Hammu-rob-i posted:

Bunch of druggies itt. God beckons us to his stable and you shy away in favor of the devil's herb that causes gayness and entropy to exist. Last of the mohicans died so that we could be saved and pure
read this in danny mcbride’s voice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

LifeSunDeath posted:

my buddy just picked this up and I told him to be careful drinking the whole thing like wtf.

e, LOL:
https://i.imgur.com/LAilaGK.mp4

bleh, the karma lemonades were pretty bitter the last couple times my partner and I tried them, and that was a 400 mg dose; still not as bad as the cannaquil syrups that were a full 1000mg in 120ml of liquid, though you really were supposed to dilute that with other liquid not drink it straight lol

also goddamn if that bathroom doesn't look half like one of the guest ones at my friends house over in the Four Hills neighborhood across town here in ABQ

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i can smoke weed all the live long day but if i took a 800-1000 dose of edibles i would be knocked on my rear end for like 24 hours minimum probably... do people take the whole thing at once

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006
Hey weed thread
I've had a mighty vape since like 2016. It's great. It's held up okay I think in part because there have been long stretches of going back to joints in between giving up smoking and committing to the vape. I'm now living my vape life again and the battery isn't what it used to be but it otherwise works fine, but it's really not ideal for being out and about at social functions or gigs or bars or whatever because it looks like a fuckin power tool.

What I'm saying is I'd really quite like a pax, but the pax seems to get rave reviews from tech sites vs bunch of people on reddit being stoner weirdos about it whenever it gets suggested, because it's not a utilitarian cloud making machine, who then recommend other bulkier lookin less sleek vapes.

What's the actual deal with the Pax plus/pax 3? The people on reddit seem to hate the fact that it doesn't produce thick clouds, which isn't something I really care about. I just want it to get me stoned and not be too inefficient with my weed. I want something that can get me a lil stoned when I'm out and about with my social dignity in tact. What's the current pax check-in?

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Sedgr posted:

Dynavap M + Ispire Wand gives a nice experience that also does dabs. Fury Edge/Rogue + Water pipe adapter + dosing caps for mindless ease of use. And a hearty recommendation for the Arizer desktop. Ive got an XQ2 and I like it a lot.

Any of those alone or in combination are pretty decent from my experience.

Not sure about the Pax but this has become my standard recommendation. YMMV but other goons will chime in with their Pax thoughts.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Like, my comfortable dose of edibles is about 10mg and I'm feeling good for like 5-6 hours. I tried a new edible soft toffee candy that's like 20mg the other day, and that poo poo scared me. Most intense high I ever had, paranoia, glued to my chair, had to calm down and veg out on the couch playing Switch. When I metabolized it a bit it was manageable, but man that was a rough first three hours.

Next day I was completely exhausted, still getting visual effects from it in the morning. Think I'll stick to half of a candy next time.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

A clip from a lost 90s stoner comedy where there’s a cop at the door and she’s gotta hide all the weed before letting him in.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

The Grumbles posted:

Hey weed thread
I've had a mighty vape since like 2016. It's great. It's held up okay I think in part because there have been long stretches of going back to joints in between giving up smoking and committing to the vape. I'm now living my vape life again and the battery isn't what it used to be but it otherwise works fine, but it's really not ideal for being out and about at social functions or gigs or bars or whatever because it looks like a fuckin power tool.

What I'm saying is I'd really quite like a pax, but the pax seems to get rave reviews from tech sites vs bunch of people on reddit being stoner weirdos about it whenever it gets suggested, because it's not a utilitarian cloud making machine, who then recommend other bulkier lookin less sleek vapes.

What's the actual deal with the Pax plus/pax 3? The people on reddit seem to hate the fact that it doesn't produce thick clouds, which isn't something I really care about. I just want it to get me stoned and not be too inefficient with my weed. I want something that can get me a lil stoned when I'm out and about with my social dignity in tact. What's the current pax check-in?

I'm a Pax user. I'm not the type who wants to get mega stoned all the time, and I could easily do that with my Pax 3. In fact back when I would go through a half oz of weed a month when I was in my 20s I did that with a Pax 1, so nothing is stopping you from doing that with the device itself. The cloud size you make with a Pax comes down to how much/how long you're inhaling from that small vape. No, I wouldn't call them thick massive clouds but you can produce some surprisingly bigger ones than you would expect with that tiny thing . Sometimes when I notice I'm exhaling less vapor than expected it usually means the weed is browned enough that it's time to replace, or part of it has browned but there's still some use for it. If that's the case I have to take the cover off and move the ground-up bud in the oven a little bit and put the oven cover back on. I mix it with the oven cover itself without issues.

These days I only take a two or three hits in the evenings and turn it off. I keep my tolerance low enough that makes that plenty for a stoned out evening. I on ly have to refill the oven once or twice a week depending on how may hits I take from it during that time. If you do get one I'd recommend using max temp settings. I have to put it on the charger, eh, maybe every other week? for how little I use it. So the battery life is pretty good, even with me using it on max settings.

e: Looks like the Pax Plus doesn't come with bluetooth smartphone app compatibility (not needed imo) though does come with a bunch of glass mini water accessories, and also the battery doesn't last as long as the Pax 3. Interesting

Scrotum Modem fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Aug 27, 2023

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

thathonkey posted:

i can smoke weed all the live long day but if i took a 800-1000 dose of edibles i would be knocked on my rear end for like 24 hours minimum probably... do people take the whole thing at once

my homie said you're just supposed to dose a cap full or something. I thought it was funny cause it looks like you're just supposed to drink 800mg in one go. which would wreck your life for sure.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

The Grumbles posted:

Hey weed thread

pax sucks. I just got an HR Rogue and it's great. You can change out the weed capsules instantly and it's amazing for having multiple sessions with no mess. It can produce big clouds if you turn it up, but I like mine at about 370 degrees and I just take small rips till it's done and don't cough much at all. pop in a new capsule and keep on going if I like.

these are the capsules:

keep a tube of these badboys loaded and you're gonna have a great time

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

LifeSunDeath posted:

pax sucks. I just got an HR Rogue and it's great. You can change out the weed capsules instantly and it's amazing for having multiple sessions with no mess. It can produce big clouds if you turn it up, but I like mine at about 370 degrees and I just take small rips till it's done and don't cough much at all. pop in a new capsule and keep on going if I like.

these are the capsules:

keep a tube of these badboys loaded and you're gonna have a great time

HR Fury here and yeha it loving owns. Planet of the Vapes has their version called "One", it's the exact same as the Healthy Rips stuff. The dosing capsules loving own because you don't need to clean the capsules that often, and using the capsules means the chamber doesn't get dirty, so I'm mostly cleaning the glass stem regularly and that's it. You just rip a bit of bud off your flower, stuff it in the capsule, put it in, done. I had a Pax 2 before this and honestly never ended up using it a ton because it was a hassle. The Healthy Rips design is so loving easy, AND produces huge clouds, AND is easy to clean, AND is as convenient/more convenient than any other non-cart option.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Please note if you try to hot swap your dosing caps, you will get burned.

Stupid me: "Oh yeah, this thing was 375 degrees five seconds ago..."

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Sedgr posted:

Not sure about the Pax but this has become my standard recommendation. YMMV but other goons will chime in with their Pax thoughts.

+1 for the rogue. Not as sleek as a pax but it actually gets me stoned where the pax never did

Edit:

Scrotum Modem posted:

back when I would go through a half oz of weed a month
:kiddo:

Karma Comedian fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Aug 27, 2023

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

bagmonkey posted:

HR Fury here and yeha it loving owns. Planet of the Vapes has their version called "One", it's the exact same as the Healthy Rips stuff.

I've got the POTV One, I love it. I have two small ceramic cups in my bedroom, one for unused dosing caps and one for used up dosing caps. I can dump a hot dosing capsule into the little cup and plop in a new one to keep things going. It's great. POTV One is a little bit smaller than the Rogue but I think it's otherwise almost exactly the same.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Waffle! posted:

Please note if you try to hot swap your dosing caps, you will get burned.

Stupid me: "Oh yeah, this thing was 375 degrees five seconds ago..."

I open mine up and dump it out into a little metal bowl, then drop in a new one. just gotta be careful lol, but yeah them boys is hot.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Counterpoint, you’ll get used to handling the hot metal pretty quick.

It’s still not great, but I’m not wanting to scream when a hot capsule lands in my palm anymore

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

For real taking a tolerance break. I've got all my weed in a tupperware and I've sealed it with candle wax. Hopefully that creates enough of an effort barrier that I can go 3-10 days without. I know 3 days is not a long break but since my intake had been so low and and I've only been taking it daily for a few weeks I think that will be sufficient to help lower tolerance. 10 days is the stretch goal.

In 10 days (or so) I should receive a timer padlock. My goal is to only have weed after 9pm. It's so helpful for sleep and to help with inflammation and pain that comes from being an old fat man who exercises. The problem is it's also just really fun and nice to get lit all afternoon or even all day. And I've got too much stuff going on to let myself keep doing that unfortunately.

So that's my plan. Don't get high for a while and then go back to just night time weed.

I will keep having my CBD flower, though. Cause that already helps a lot and also I just enjoy the act of vaping.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

I'd have to encase weed in acrylic to keep me outta it for 3 days.

LifeSunDeath fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Aug 27, 2023

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

The Rogue rules. Although I much prefer the Dynavap at home, if I had to keep just one vape it would be the Rogue on account of being able to blast it in pubs and take it into venues without issue

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Seeds and Stems

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

im hitting this disposable right now that you activate by inhaling. wtf. how did the future come and sneak up on me like this

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

If you mean similar to an inhale-activated pen, then it's dependent on the manufacturer's battery and can be a refillable.
https://store.ccell.com/collections/all-products

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

:eyepop:

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

As a follow up, absolutely can't not post this video of young people vaping weed and getting recreational.

https://cdn.shopify.com/videos/c/vp/7bf72212d14043f8b0ffc74c6b6a27d7/7bf72212d14043f8b0ffc74c6b6a27d7.HD-1080p-7.2Mbps-16044832.mp4

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

I've had a million of these little duders over the years. Very durable, long lasting battery, easy to use. The problems are - you need the magnetic tip to make it work, which are easy to lose, but also the conducting plates to the magnetic tip get gunk built up on them so they won't conduct. The plates are down inside the cartridge cylinder so they're very difficult to clean.

Nyan Bread posted:

As a follow up, absolutely can't not post this video of young people vaping weed and getting recreational.

Whats with vape companies showing people getting high and doing professional dance, like the select commercial had a ballerina hitting a vape before going on stage. Maybe two isn't a lot but its weird. :shrug:

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
im the dude Bradley Cooper Limitless-ing it up, vaping and crushing it in pool

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Nyan Bread posted:

why does the paint have to be so squelchy

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Vampire Panties posted:

I've had a million of these little duders over the years. Very durable, long lasting battery, easy to use. The problems are - you need the magnetic tip to make it work, which are easy to lose, but also the conducting plates to the magnetic tip get gunk built up on them so they won't conduct. The plates are down inside the cartridge cylinder so they're very difficult to clean.

The 510 thread on the carts is very versatile and can either accept a magnetic bit as you said, or can simply screw onto the end of a battery.
https://www.ccell.com/cartridge

evvv: that's a prpblem with not legislating it as an industry-wide standard

Nyan Bread fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Aug 28, 2023

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Yeah but sometimes there isn’t a 510 thread on the mod/battery side.

Furious George
Oct 3, 2002
I don't think that ladies painting is going very well, and I don't think the weed is going to help

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
wall of empty frames

some day, she will buy the correct size canvas

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

she's so high she forgot how to cash a trust fund check...think weed is safe now?!?!

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

LifeSunDeath posted:

she's so high she forgot how to cash a trust fund check...think weed is safe now?!?!

it's okay, she has it insured against fires

shame she vapes though

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i dunno i think it turned out pretty good

Furious George
Oct 3, 2002
whoa there friend you might need to slow down

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Mozi posted:

i dunno i think it turned out pretty good

I appreciate this accurate depiction of the art I'm most likely to make when I'm high.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Spirit Halloween has some cool rolling trays this year.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Macichne Leainig posted:

why does the paint have to be so squelchy

Oil paints are like that. Watch some Bob Ross on YouTube.

The Modern Leper posted:

I appreciate this accurate depiction of the art I'm most likely to make when I'm high.

I used to paint watercolor for funsies. Haven't tried since I started on weed. Might have a go and see what happens.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

"Ron is using an incredible amounts of herbs today."

Same, Iron Chef.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

New glass. GRAV coffee mug pocket bubbler, Dynavap M sits flush in it, using the wand with that is basically peak portable dynavap through glass for me personally. It's good.

It's also pretty great for combusting because it's just cute and perfect and I love it.
I smoked weed.