Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

oracle is fine, cleric is game breaking if you know what you're doing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Has anyone respecced the BG3 NPCs for maximum comedy value

Barbarian Gale, Monk Karlach, Bard Lae'zel

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
when are we getting shadowheart and gale in fortnite

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

loquacius posted:

Has anyone respecced the BG3 NPCs for maximum comedy value

Barbarian Gale, Monk Karlach, Bard Lae'zel

I respecced shadowheart into a light domain Cleric but otherwise no. if I do more playthroughs as the origin characters I'll definitely try something different with them tho

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

fortnite brainworm season

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

thats all of them 🤣🤣🤣

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

illithid throwing Kamehamehas as it soars around on a jetpack

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Orb Crabmelt posted:

• Splatoon 3 co-op mode for podcasts and chilling out
• SF6 is my first time playing a fighting game online
• Armored Core 6 in bite-sized chunks

I was also dabbling a little in experimental horror games, starting with the Dread X collections I think you posted about when they went on a massive sale. Some of the Dread games are good, but I feel a lot of them are either underbaked or overrated. I got Silent Hill 2 & 3 up and running, so they'll be good to go for October. "Unsorted Horror" by Mike Klubnika seems pretty interesting for a free collection of "short first-person horror games, that revolve around detailed machinery and dread." For example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6f5NKl-DDq8

I never responded to you I'm sorry. I'm glad you're enjoying the dread x collections and deffo agree with you on the variable quality. that said I think the lows are meh at worst while the highs can be stratospheric so especially if you bought in on that sale I think it's definitely worth it

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021

KirbyKhan posted:

Orb of a creation is such a good game. It plays more like a 4X than an idle game. It's like a Cultist Simulator that tells you what it's bullshit is.

Orb of creation is a dangerous game, everytime I open it I lose 6 hours of my life.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Buck Wildman posted:

community and madness are the big dick domains

animal is also great since you get a free pet, but yeah community is the premier "gently caress your superboss" domain with guarded hearth

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

yeah i'm done with ac6, it's not fun after dying too many loving times and the camera and lock on are horrendous

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

triple sulk posted:

yeah i'm done with ac6, it's not fun after dying too many loving times and the camera and lock on are horrendous

skill issue

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Hatebag posted:

skill issue

yes i'm old

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Yeah pets are pretty op and it's nice that they fixed them, but also I don't feel like managing an extra character.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

triple sulk posted:

yes i'm old

nah just try a different tactic, that's pretty foundational to the from game design ethos. some stuff is easier if you get up in its rear end in a top hat and go ham with a laser sword and some stuff necessitates skirting around with a bunch of rapid fire guns. there's no real impediment to just trying different approaches because of how the shop prices work. but you can probably beat everything with melee and dodging

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
ac6 is far more forgiving than dark souls

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Scallop Eyes posted:

Orb of creation is a dangerous game, everytime I open it I lose 6 hours of my life.

I'm up to making shapes and wood. My begining foray into druidry is going well, but I'm having trouble remembering to flip to my structure spell load out so I get enough yellow arrow to chop trees.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

beat the tutorial boss in ac6 with 2 deaths.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry

Buck Wildman posted:

I never responded to you I'm sorry. I'm glad you're enjoying the dread x collections and deffo agree with you on the variable quality. that said I think the lows are meh at worst while the highs can be stratospheric so especially if you bought in on that sale I think it's definitely worth it

It was an amazing value for five bucks or however much, but I had to wonder why they even included stuff like Arcadletra.

You're right about the highs being high—the good titles had me feeling on edge the way no other horror games had before. Even Sucker For Love really caught me off guard since I was only expecting a goofy dating sim parody, but I ended up intentionally getting a bad ending halfway through because my nerves got to me and I wanted to quit immediately.

I'll have to ask the Games horror thread what's good from the fifth Dread collection because that's the one I see people talk about the least. I've never booted it up and I don't recognize any of the devs from it either.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

AC6 definitely has that "eat poo poo completely, come back five minutes later and breeze through it" thing that is in a lot of games but I associate mostly with the souls. Also its dark twin, "lose by a hair the first try, get obliterated the next three tries"

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the checkpoints before a fight refill your health paks if you die too

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

The Chad Jihad posted:

AC6 definitely has that "eat poo poo completely, come back five minutes later and breeze through it" thing that is in a lot of games but I associate mostly with the souls. Also its dark twin, "lose by a hair the first try, get obliterated the next three tries"

it's also much easier to change your build if you eat poo poo on a boss because the things that are significant are your legs and guns so as long as you buy a variety of melee/range items and legs you can change up to deal with different situations. plus it doesn't seem like there's any downside to dying other than wasting time

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

they do something very smart for the brain damaged like yours truly in that they dont assign you a letter grade on a mission until you complete it the second time

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

and even if you gently caress up and buy fat armor you can just sell it or do arena duels for cash. ac6 is good

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Yeah the check points are very generous, that's why the bosses are that hard.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Hatebag posted:

it's also much easier to change your build if you eat poo poo on a boss because the things that are significant are your legs and guns so as long as you buy a variety of melee/range items and legs you can change up to deal with different situations. plus it doesn't seem like there's any downside to dying other than wasting time

it effects your rank if you're replaying missions but you are an absolute psychopath if you're trying to S rank the bosses in this game i think

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
also you don't have to upgrade all of your guns to +21 to see what they can do

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Yeah, they just suck from the start and forever.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

turn off the TV posted:

it effects your rank if you're replaying missions but you are an absolute psychopath if you're trying to S rank the bosses in this game i think

s ranks, you say?

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Lostconfused posted:

it’s refreshing to decide I’m not a vertical missiles kinda person and not be punished for my prejudice

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Hatebag posted:

nah just try a different tactic, that's pretty foundational to the from game design ethos. some stuff is easier if you get up in its rear end in a top hat and go ham with a laser sword and some stuff necessitates skirting around with a bunch of rapid fire guns. there's no real impediment to just trying different approaches because of how the shop prices work. but you can probably beat everything with melee and dodging

nah i loving uninstalled it. i get this isn't souls but i've played and beaten a couple of them and elden ring and ac6 is a different level of unfun bullshit

in souls games you generally know what you did wrong and you can usually improve bit by bit, but with ac6 you'll slowly try and learn mechanics while the camera and lockon will repeatedly gently caress you. for a lot of the combat it feels as if you're better off being right in their face to avoid the bazillion missiles that get thrown at you but then you can't see a god drat thing. i have a decent tolerance for difficulty but there's fun and not fun and i don't think this is the former

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

yes nice meltdown etc

i want to like it, i just can't

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I find AC6 to be very fun bullshit.

I'm guesisng this is that different taste thing I've heard about.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i'm happy for people that like it. i think an arcade mode to dick around in would make it more fun

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Lostconfused posted:

guns are actually very strong though, they're probably better than melee weapons. two miniguns and two shotguns completely annihilate ACs. not as funny as hand missiles with shoulder missiles on a flying AC though

Hatebag posted:

s ranks, you say?

it's absolutely not worth it lol. like good god i can't imagine s ranking any mission with a boss or AC in it

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

AC's are some of the weakest enemies in the game, it's not even worth talking about them.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

triple sulk posted:

nah i loving uninstalled it. i get this isn't souls but i've played and beaten a couple of them and elden ring and ac6 is a different level of unfun bullshit

in souls games you generally know what you did wrong and you can usually improve bit by bit, but with ac6 you'll slowly try and learn mechanics while the camera and lockon will repeatedly gently caress you. for a lot of the combat it feels as if you're better off being right in their face to avoid the bazillion missiles that get thrown at you but then you can't see a god drat thing. i have a decent tolerance for difficulty but there's fun and not fun and i don't think this is the former

hey, different strokes for different folks. I'm having a lot of fun with it because it feels badass when you sidestep blast behind some dumbass robot and then 180 and open em up with a laser sword. if your foe isn't staggered, you'll be... haggard
game definitely favors different builds for different levels. generally seems tuned for close up/high mobility, which is how i play from games do it doesn't seem unusual to me. probably rough if you favor ranged/spellcasting

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

BG3 kind of kicked my rear end tonight

For one thing I spent at least an hour confirming that getting mods more complicated than the hair hack working on Steam Deck isn't solved enough of a problem to be worth doing at this point. Welp.

Then, actually playing it, I discovered that the way into the Underdark the game tells you about is blocked by a goblin camp that is still completely full of at least a hundred hostile NPCs who all want to kill me after I killed their boss. There are other ways in, and I eventually got through one, only to get my poo poo immediately rocked by a set of two minotaurs who do AoE damage way too fast for me to deal with. Am I missing something, like am I supposed to be like three levels higher before going down there, or is the game just a lot harder after act 1?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Hatebag posted:

hey, different strokes for different folks. I'm having a lot of fun with it because it feels badass when you sidestep blast behind some dumbass robot and then 180 and open em up with a laser sword. if your foe isn't staggered, you'll be... haggard
game definitely favors different builds for different levels. generally seems tuned for close up/high mobility, which is how i play from games do it doesn't seem unusual to me. probably rough if you favor ranged/spellcasting

i have a set up that dual wields missile handguns and has the 10 cel missile launchers on the back that can fly infinitely and it's actually surprisingly good at most missions. i think it'd get hosed up by sniper bots maybe and it can't do the chapter 1 boss, but the chapter 2 one just sort of can't hit it at all and it has more than enough ammo to kill it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

loquacius posted:

BG3 kind of kicked my rear end tonight

For one thing I spent at least an hour confirming that getting mods more complicated than the hair hack working on Steam Deck isn't solved enough of a problem to be worth doing at this point. Welp.

Then, actually playing it, I discovered that the way into the Underdark the game tells you about is blocked by a goblin camp that is still completely full of at least a hundred hostile NPCs who all want to kill me after I killed their boss. There are other ways in, and I eventually got through one, only to get my poo poo immediately rocked by a set of two minotaurs who do AoE damage way too fast for me to deal with. Am I missing something, like am I supposed to be like three levels higher before going down there, or is the game just a lot harder after act 1?

You should probably be able to beat the minotaurs by the time you're down there, yeah, even if you need to pull out some bullshit like yeeting them off cliffs or using smokepowder. What level are you?