Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

haveblue posted:

You killed all the bears sorry

No those were buffalo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Thundercracker posted:

That mission basically exists so people can easily grind money in the beginning and also to test your gear against something in actual terrain.

Wait, am I supposed to be replaying missions like that to grind up money? I feel very short on money. I make plenty from main missions but always wish I had more. I just got to the missile spam boss just now and feel woefully underprepared.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

Blind Rasputin posted:

Wait, am I supposed to be replaying missions like that to grind up money? I feel very short on money. I make plenty from main missions but always wish I had more. I just got to the missile spam boss just now and feel woefully underprepared.

Yep feel free to grind missions to your heart’s content. I just had to do it to make a better build to finally beat that fucker Balteus

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

You know I think with all the experience From Software has gotten with the Souls games it's given them the ability to put in way better boss fights into Armored Core.

Even if they're hard as hell.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Elden Ring was my first From game and I see a lot of what made that game good in AC6. My only complaint is that I can’t go ride my horse around and look at some pretty landscape to chill out if I’m getting pressed from getting my rear end beat

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Why do you need a horse when you have a giant flying robot

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Everyone tell me your Balteus builds, I need to try different things out

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Blind Rasputin posted:

I think bosses are meant to force you back into the menus. Back to the garage to make new builds, and back to old missions to try them out and see how cool they are, and to get cash and combat logs for new parts to try. I was cruising through chapter 1 on a fast reverse joint build but bosses at the end and through chapter 2 made me experiment with dual trigger builds, heavy biped rocking dual back mounted laser cannons, and quad leg hover bastard raining explosives. There's a lot of fun to be had in crafting assemblies, and there's enough freedom that I feel ownership over what I've built. When I get tossed out of the ring and come back better equipped and win, it's because I built a better tailored mech and learned how to operate it. I didn't just equip the next best sword from the vendor.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

acksplode posted:

I think bosses are meant to force you back into the menus. Back to the garage to make new builds, and back to old missions to try them out and see how cool they are, and to get cash and combat logs for new parts to try. I was cruising through chapter 1 on a fast reverse joint build but bosses at the end and through chapter 2 made me experiment with dual trigger builds, heavy biped rocking dual back mounted laser cannons, and quad leg hover bastard raining explosives. There's a lot of fun to be had in crafting assemblies, and there's enough freedom that I feel ownership over what I've built. When I get tossed out of the ring and come back better equipped and win, it's because I built a better tailored mech and learned how to operate it. I didn't just equip the next best sword from the vendor.

:hellyeah:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

cool interview on TReN, which everyone should play, one of the coolest games released this year

https://www.pushsquare.com/features/interview-how-a-dreams-side-project-evolved-into-media-molecules-next-game

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I really gotta try that. Just too much stuff coming out

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
So, just played 8 hours of Horizon Forbidden West.

Goodness. This is hands down the prettiest game I have ever played. Sometimes the humans look genuinely real. I am playing on performance (because I am sat at a 27inch 1080p monitor so do not need it to render at 4K) and it moves beautifully and looks on another planet. They have jazzed up the way the dialogue happens too. So many great little animations and non stilted chatting.

The story already got me hooked as well. They knew exactly what to do right out of the gate :) Far Zenith base and travis tate logic bomb! That was ace

Something I really dig is that even though Aloy is technically starting from scratch, it does not feel that way to play it. I am on normal and just having the time of my life jumping everywhere and landing quick arrow shots and occasional smacks with my spear. It feels AS good if not better to play than the first and that is a big deal for me.

There is a ton of streamlining and qol upgrades too, like the climbing points no longer being garish painted blocks but cool lines that the focus shows for a bit.

I suspected I would like this game and lot and I was very correct. Jazzed to see where it is going. I think I am still in the tutorial area so cannot expound on too much.

Only thing I struggle with right now is saying Bristleback.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Here's my beautiful laser robot.

Need to gently caress around more with the decal editor, but I'm having too much fun blowing shut up to bother at this point

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Radio Games Forum posted:

I think I am still in the tutorial area so cannot expound on too much.

If you're at the Bristlebacks you are def out of the tutorial, but maybe good to freshen up on mechanical tutorials in the menu. The game doesn't force tutorials on you so important mechanics can be easy to miss. Once you get over the mountain range you can literally walk in any direction you want as far as the map will allow. It's rad.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Escobarbarian posted:

After redoing my build entirely this is what I one shotted Balteus with.

Post Balteus I got some big rear end Gatling guns

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Here's my current assembly

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

acksplode posted:

Already on new game +???

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Escobarbarian posted:

I just ran dual pulse guns and dual 8x vertical launchers. Pulse guns do a lot of damage when they're staggered. It was on a mid-weight biped build.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

acksplode posted:

doot

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

acksplode posted:

one man, banned

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Close to the end of Blasphemous 2, the second to last boss is giving me trouble though and I hate ones where you have to go through a tedious first phase to get to the one that's actually difficult.
The only other hard boss in the game was also a multi-phase one.

Also please patch in letting me skip boss intro lines.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Blind Rasputin posted:

I didn’t grind missions at all and wound up with a massive surplus of money at the end. The only time I replayed a mission (not counting NG+) was once to test the ranking system.

Playing straight through, you won’t have enough to buy everything in NG, but you’ll have enough to make one solid build with a least one weapon variation chapter 1, and two fully separate builds not long after.

Now at the start of NG++ I have like 25 million credits… I should start buying stuff again. I tried some of the part rewards in NG+ and they were just hilariously OP that it took any engagement away from the combat. But I’m still regularly using the OP Moonlight Blade despite it being insta stagger for even late game bosses. It looks so cool.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

It identifies as a Wanzer

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Oscar Wild posted:

It identifies as a Wanzer

imagining this paint job showing up during the ocu/dhz cold war and having a hearty chuckle

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

https://twitter.com/renorenoaray/status/1695800967781134718

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

No pic but I made my robots punching arm shiny red in honour of Venom Snake. The worlds kinda greatest soldier maybe.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

https://twitter.com/diversion_inc/status/1695830758760354270

GotY material

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Yup, looks like a Bethesda game.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

barfyield

ArmTheHomeless
Jan 10, 2003

Wait, I just read Starfield won't be on ps5?

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

ArmTheHomeless posted:

Wait, I just read Starfield won't be on ps5?

Yup, we're going to be missing out on all that amazing procgen Bethesda exploration

https://twitter.com/SynthPotato/status/1695893575429435892

FireWorksWell fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Aug 28, 2023

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAjwj1so6jk

Why git gud when you can just spam four shotguns into a boss's face?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I want to play Starfield so bad on the PS5 :unsmith:

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

PS5 has no Starfield games.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Tried using dual pulse guns for Balteus and I LITERALLY RAN OUT OF AMMO when he was so close to death lmao. I see a way through finally though hooray

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

FireWorksWell posted:

Yup, we're going to be missing out on all that amazing procgen Bethesda exploration

https://twitter.com/SynthPotato/status/1695893575429435892

I'm less worried about not being able to do something I'd never want to do, but mildly concerned that the area that the game lets you explore seems to have absolutely nothing to do or look at. I'm guessing you can laser some rocks and leave.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

veni veni veni posted:

but mildly concerned that the area that the game lets you explore seems to have absolutely nothing to do or look at
like a Bethesda game?

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

veni veni veni posted:

I'm less worried about not being able to do something I'd never want to do, but mildly concerned that the area that the game lets you explore seems to have absolutely nothing to do or look at. I'm guessing you can laser some rocks and leave.

Yeah. Desert looks a bit boring place.

What I've seen so far is that each planet zone has the central area that has the hand placed things like pirate bases and stuff.
Outside of that there's not much to find, outside of animals/minerals.

No pirate caches to find just by walking 6 minutes straight to NW from the base.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

Tried using dual pulse guns for Balteus and I LITERALLY RAN OUT OF AMMO when he was so close to death lmao. I see a way through finally though hooray

You can pair them with the pulse missiles and probably be fine on ammo. Those things are great because you can fire them mindlessly and they'll chase him all around the arena, so it doesn't distract from dodging. You should probably be able to buy the heavier torso and bipedal legs (Called HD something? Really chunky angular design) and still be good on energy and dodge speeds. That's how I did my first run against him.

Edit: THE DF parts, not HD.

Edit Edit: I was thinking of plasma. I don't think I ever used pulse for anything in the entire game.

I'm really bad at remembering the names of things!

Bugblatter fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Aug 28, 2023