Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

edogawa rando posted:

"Grand Xenomorph portraits packing wood"

This better not awaken anything in me.

Oh. Oh, my word!

It's just horny all the way down, isn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

edogawa rando posted:

"Grand Xenomorph portraits packing wood"

Computer! Cancel instruction! Cancel instruction!!! Override code mllaneza69420 Omega!

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I can't find it right now but somewhere there's a supercut of every time Neil DeGrasse Tyson says the word "water" in the Cosmos remake.

'worter.'

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Mister Speaker posted:

I can't find it right now but somewhere there's a supercut of every time Neil DeGrasse Tyson says the word "water" in the Cosmos remake.

'worter.'

This sounded important so I found it.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

edogawa rando posted:

Happens later in the game too. Also, why not just re-record that bit? I hope another Aliens game has a USS Washington that is mispronounced Way-Shing-Tone.

They can release a special edition with "deleted scenes" added to to the cutscenes like at the start of chapter 3 someone's like "Uuh actually Deputy Hayes it's pronounced O TOG O"

Or do a OTAGO ---> OTAYGO find/replace lol

In Over The Top I like how Stallone's character's name is Hawke, Hawks, or Hox even in the same scene. Somewhere along the line they switched between Hawke and Hawks and never made it consistent.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Aug 27, 2023

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
i am sad i saw this so now you have to be too

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

HiroProtagonist posted:

Yeah, Papsikels gets horny sometimes.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Thinking About Aliens real hard

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I'd seek cover from that fearsome tail.

And then come out blasting from a corner.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I am writing an Alien RPG scenario where the aliens get +20 attack value to any player who takes issues with pronunciation of various insignificant poo poo. Please come and play at my discord whose link is http:/www.discord.com/ShutTheFuckUp

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

thinkin' 'bout thos ah-leans

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Giger aliens are one of the few things where putting random tits and dongs on them isnt really off-brand

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

Thumbnail makes it look like it's got testicles yeah

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

MrMojok posted:

I am writing an Alien RPG scenario where the aliens get +20 attack value to any player who takes issues with pronunciation of various insignificant poo poo. Please come and play at my discord whose link is http:/www.discord.com/ShutTheFuckUp

Your link is broken.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Foxfire_ posted:

Giger aliens are one of the few things where otputting random tits and dongs on them isnt really off-brand

Just needs to be ambiguous enough to ask “dong-shaped boobs, or boob-shaped dongs?” and we’re up to Giger’s level.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

What that xenussy do though?

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Owlbear Camus posted:

What that xenussy do though?

Bite.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Pennywise the Frown posted:

You bought this right? Or at least played it?

Missed opportunity to have the lightguns shaped like pulse rifles (they're the same ones used for the Terminator cabinet).

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

HiroProtagonist posted:

:catstare: I picked a weird time to cruise back into this thread :catstare:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Missed opportunity to have the lightguns shaped like pulse rifles (they're the same ones used for the Terminator cabinet).

I believe there was an earlier light gun game by the same people that did have pulse rifle lightguns.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Vampire Panties posted:

:catstare: I picked a weird time to cruise back into this thread :catstare:

There hasn't been any horny posting in a long time. Our streak without a weird sexy xeno has ended. :(

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I can honestly say I've never thought of a Xeno as "sexy".

I mean, how would that even work? They've got acid everywhere.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

There hasn't been any horny posting in a long time. Our streak without a weird sexy xeno has ended. :(

hey i did specifically say I was sad I had to see it

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

HiroProtagonist posted:

hey i did specifically say I was sad I had to see it

To be fair, usually when someone posts something, I end up googling "sexy xenomorph" and post whatever insanity I find.

So I'm a contributor. :(

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

redshirt posted:

There was one single piece of concept or related art Giger did around the first film where he gave a very Alien-like creature an admittedly great arse. That was the only time I guess I could sort of see it but literally everything else? Hell no, it’s a monstrous mass of rough textures drenched in slime, with teeth for days. Like your mom, etc.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

How about a re-post of a cute xeno instead

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

redshirt posted:

It's fine, my pee already burns.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

redshirt posted:

I'm based so I'm not scared of a little acid

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Biplane posted:

I'm based so I'm not scared of a little acid

You’ll just make a little water when you touch it :eng101:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

redshirt posted:

I mean only some of them.

The one that splattered Drake was a juicy one waiting to pop, he wasn't even that close, others were killed much nearer and it was fine.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

redshirt posted:

The whole point of HR Giger art is that it's just wall-to-wall sex organs. This is from Necronomicon, the art that got him the job designing the Xeno:

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
As much as I don't like Prometheus, the hammerpede is peak Giger creature design because it's unapologetically a dick, a pussy and a butthole all at once.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Mister Speaker posted:

As much as I don't like Prometheus, the hammerpede is peak Giger creature design because it's unapologetically a dick, a pussy and a butthole all at once.

don’t sign your posts

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Mister Speaker posted:

there's a joke here paraphrasing manslaughterer alec baldin's monologue in team america but i'm not clever enough to make it

Morton Haynice
Sep 9, 2008

doop doop
doop doop
doop doop
doop doop
Alien3 never gets enough respect. I understand the hate for killing Newt & Hicks, or the bad puppet compositing, but it still has easily half a dozen truly iconic moments.

My personal favorite is Dillon's hype-rear end battle speech before Act 3. (Starting at about 1:30 in the linked clip.)
As far as inspirational monologues go, it's pretty short, but somehow manages to rival all the other ones people typically think of (Independance Day, Ride of the Rohirrim, etc).

I'll always remember showing the movie to an ex-girlfriend of mine. She practically vibrated out of her seat with excitement at that part; literally grabbing my arm and pumping her fist "YEAH!!!" as the score reached a crescendo. Charles S. Dutton was a loving badass.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Much like the star war prequels, I think some perspective on how bad Alien sequels could be helped warm it up for people. That and the release of the assembly cut.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Morton Haynice posted:

Alien3 never gets enough respect. I understand the hate for killing Newt & Hicks, or the bad puppet compositing, but it still has easily half a dozen truly iconic moments.

My personal favorite is Dillon's hype-rear end battle speech before Act 3. (Starting at about 1:30 in the linked clip.)
As far as inspirational monologues go, it's pretty short, but somehow manages to rival all the other ones people typically think of (Independance Day, Ride of the Rohirrim, etc).

I'll always remember showing the movie to an ex-girlfriend of mine. She practically vibrated out of her seat with excitement at that part; literally grabbing my arm and pumping her fist "YEAH!!!" as the score reached a crescendo. Charles S. Dutton was a loving badass.

:hmmyes:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Alien3 probably would've been better regarded had it not been an "Alien" film at that point in time. As it stands, it had quite the legacy to live up to. If it were to be released now, it would probably be much more favourably regarded after the "Alien" name has been through the wringer thanks to some utterly poo poo-arse films the name got attached to.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Alien 3 has Ripley getting all doe-eyed and horny for Charles Dance the day after they jointly performed an autopsy on Newt's mangled corpse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Alien 3 is a beautiful movie, but I'll never get over how it took the ending of Aliens and poo poo all over it.