Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

American soldiers invented elaborate ruses to frag their commanders in Vietnam and have it blamed on the vietcong.

Russian soldiers simply beat up their commander then surrendered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Willing to bet the Russians have done the same a couple times but we don't hear about it.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Drone_Fragger posted:

American soldiers invented elaborate ruses to frag their commanders in Vietnam and have it blamed on the vietcong.

Russian soldiers simply beat up their commander then surrendered.

im sure they used pencils

BrassRoots
Jan 9, 2012

You can play a shoestring if you're sincere - John Coltrane

Space Jam posted:

Russian tanks aren’t known for being well ventilated (until the turret gets tossed) and I can’t imagine their MREs sit well in a persons digestive system. Boris probably blows the poo poo out of that toilet on a regular basis. When you flush does the turd go out the spent shell extractor?

You're kidding yourself if you think it's more than just a hole in the bottom.

BrassRoots
Jan 9, 2012

IMHO, tanks are just spg with shorter engagement range and a bit faster.

It frustrating as gently caress to see these videos of ukraine shooting at trenches point blank. Wtf are you doing with you tank that close? I get that there is a danger close element with rus arty but jesus. Weird trade off.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Space Jam posted:

Russian tanks aren’t known for being well ventilated (until the turret gets tossed) and I can’t imagine their MREs sit well in a persons digestive system. Boris probably blows the poo poo out of that toilet on a regular basis. When you flush does the turd go out the spent shell extractor?

BrassRoots posted:

A patent has been granted for an invention by which soldiers sealed inside vehicles during combat can dispose of their biological waste by firing it at the enemy

It's Russian.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
I always did wonder how many Russians decided surrender and imprisonment was a better fate than carrying on the fight. I seriously can envision a significant amount saying "Yeah we give up. Give us your worst, it has to be better than what Putin will do to us."

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The problem with that is that if you try to desert alone and your side notices, they are going to shoot at you and shell you on your way across the no man's land. And if you try to coordinate with the rest of your unit to surrender collectively, you may end up summarily executed because somebody snitched / overheard something. Etc

zone
Dec 6, 2016

emSparkly posted:

I always did wonder how many Russians decided surrender and imprisonment was a better fate than carrying on the fight. I seriously can envision a significant amount saying "Yeah we give up. Give us your worst, it has to be better than what Putin will do to us."

More than you would expect, but less than you would still think. Unfortunately Puccian commanders do their best to drive it into the heads of the mobiks (as discovered from propaganda videos as well as propaganda materials captured in the field by the Ukrainian military) that Ukraine will mercilessly torture and shoot them if they get captured, so death before dishonor is preferable. Beside this those who want to slip away and surrender are fired upon by their own comrades for deserting, and there's always the mischance of running afoul of traps in no man's land. A significant number of surrenders are often from the trench fighting itself where mobiks give up and allow themselves to be captured.
e; f,b

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Collapsing Farts posted:

all modern tanks are death traps against modern weaponry, any safety measures are mostly pointless

That's not really true tbh. There have been a good amount of Bradleys in this war and other wars that have been hit by mines, IEDs, AT weapons where the armour has protected the troops inside. Sometimes they keep going or recovered and these aren't even tanks. Safety measures help...a lot.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
firing waste products?
does it fire T-14 armatas? :dadjoke:

quote:

Aleksandr Georgievich Semenov patented an efficiently disgusting weapon system.

oh no

OH NO

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

In that, being Orthodox, they should ignore anything the pope suggests?

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1696071567292117414
Would be too much to hope that monke isn't keeping good health, maybe this is just cult worship by Pozdnyakov

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

steinrokkan posted:

The problem with that is that if you try to desert alone and your side notices, they are going to shoot at you and shell you on your way across the no man's land. And if you try to coordinate with the rest of your unit to surrender collectively, you may end up summarily executed because somebody snitched / overheard something. Etc
It's also always important to remember those other guys have been trying to murder you for months. I have to imagine surrendering in a war is unbelievably terrifying. Especially if the average soldier on the other side has good reason to hate you, like you invaded their country.

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

zone posted:

Would be too much to hope that monke isn't keeping good health, maybe this is just cult worship by Pozdnyakov

Probably nothing this time, but it'll most like go down just like this once it does.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

zone posted:

Lots of laughing emojis, so I assume it is ironic.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Dwesa posted:

Lots of laughing emojis, so I assume it is ironic.

Yeah, sounds like heavy sarcasm

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/AiDjIv5.mp4

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

Aint no cure for that.

BrassRoots
Jan 9, 2012

Oldsmobile posted:

Aint no cure for that.

Diagnosis.......fabulous

Tuna-Fish
Sep 13, 2017

Space Jam posted:

Russian tanks aren’t known for being well ventilated (until the turret gets tossed) and I can’t imagine their MREs sit well in a persons digestive system. Boris probably blows the poo poo out of that toilet on a regular basis.
The tank is CBRN-protected, meaning there is constant positive pressure in the fighting compartment. I would assume this removes the fumes. Also,

BrassRoots posted:

It's probably this, maybe with some mechanism to make nasty stuff less likely to enter the vehicle.

Space Jam posted:

When you flush does the turd go out the spent shell extractor?

There is a solid wall between the fighting compartment and the turret compartment with no doors in it, there is no way to access anything in the turret from the crew area.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
That's honestly kinda catchy.

All You Can Eat
Aug 27, 2004

Abundance is the dullest desire.

BrassRoots posted:

That works as long as you're willing to shoot-and-scoot

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Cum cannon

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

The west spent billions building toilet infrastructure. Russians just used their tanks.

CSM
Jan 29, 2014

56th Motorized Infantry 'Mariupol' Brigade
Seh' die Welt in Trummern liegen

emSparkly posted:

You have to keep in mind that the choice is less between fighting and imprisonment, and more between fighting and becoming part of the POW exchange fund. Which ends you back in the hands of the Russian army, and back at the front lines or maybe even under a sledge hammer.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The Decadent West used expensive Depleted Uranium Shells.

The Russians used cheap Depleted Urine Shells. :ussr:

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

Alan Smithee posted:

quote:

Aleksandr Georgievich Semenov patented an efficiently disgusting weapon system.
oh no

OH NO
Is this guy related to Dahir Kurmanbievich Semenov of Dahir Insaat infamy by any chance?

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Arivia posted:

catherine the great had an infamous reputation that was reflected in her furniture

:nws: https://www.buzzfeed.com/mandycaruso/the-x-rated-furniture-of-catherine-the-great-is-something :nws:

so if today's russians are inheriting her legacy, they get the chairs and tables too!

:pusheen: the original cum edit

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Tuna-Fish posted:

The tank is CBRN-protected, meaning there is constant positive pressure in the fighting compartment. I would assume this removes the fumes. Also,

Until we've seen otherwise, there's no proof that the existing Armata tanks aren't T-72s with an extra road wheel, sheet metal cosmetics, and a hole in the bottom.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.

If I was building a mobile toilet, wouldn't have occurred to me to ditch the bowl but keep the tank.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Why not just push it outside with a tube. Why risk blowing up your own poo.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Tuna-Fish posted:

It's probably this, maybe with some mechanism to make nasty stuff less likely to enter the vehicle.

What, like the crew? :dadjoke:

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

what is even the point of that other than the lols

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/DefenceU/status/1696153018960433558

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

To deal with poo, they invented the septic tank.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Karate Bastard posted:

That's honestly kinda catchy.

So catchy it got memes banned in Russia.

I'm not joking.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
What seriously?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

spankmeister posted:

But did you know the T-14 has a nazi engine from the 40's and furthermore,

project satan tank

the were-tank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Samovar posted:

In that, being Orthodox, they should ignore anything the pope suggests?

russian orthodox christians are understandably feeling a little out of sync with their autocephalous leader and pope francis is more or less saying "if your current leaders are bastards, try rediscovering your roots."

he knows drat well it's all he can do because he has no power there.