Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
one time I got a multi div item for free (after trying to buy it) because the seller was happy he just had a mageblood drop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
One time i misclicked while buying something and accidentally zoned into the seller’s uber maven. The seller then proceeded to kill maven while i laid in the ground trying to figure out wtf. Then they wouldnt take currency as compensation when i tried to explain myself

Dont put your map device right next to your portal if you’re gonna be selling stuff

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Well I’m back from vacation. Probably gonna start tomorrow morning. If I do a mage type this league (poison SRS) im definitely going to do some sort of melee type next league

I’d start tonight but tomorrow is the first day of school for the kids

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Fister Roboto posted:

My favorite part of the league so far is giving that one guy a meltdown over how many civilizations have risen and fallen while he's been dead.

:same: lol

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

Edmond Dantes posted:

Any recommendations for a comfy tanky build with like... 2-3 buttons? :v: (Already tried RF, not really my thing even if it's really funny).

You were already playing it, poison srs. This is how tanky it can get (but this video is from very high investment level). If you don't know, wandering path 8-mod maps are some of the most dangerous content in the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yfyz6AQ5M8

In other news, this happened today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLEmNyAg998

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

Edmond Dantes posted:

Hm, probably missed refunding that node when following the guide, I'll take a look. Yeah, I got the 15% life node thinking about a Tabula but haven't been able to grab one yet. I may just refund it while I get one.

I see. Time to reconsider.

Any recommendations for a comfy tanky build with like... 2-3 buttons? :v: (Already tried RF, not really my thing even if it's really funny).

would recommend captainlance holy relic ascendant. it has an easy onramp, cheap gear, scales fine, and its extremely easy to play because you just cyclone around https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4NhdJhX_ZY

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I wanted to try and make an Atlas tree with Beyond souped up with pack size from Grand Design but it looks like the small atlas passives are critical for getting beyond portals to spawn in the first place. Also, there's no beyond option on the map machine this league.

Is this idea DOA or is there an angle I'm not seeing? Also as an aside, is there a repository where people submit their atlas trees sort of like the build guide websites?

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I wanted to try and make an Atlas tree with Beyond souped up with pack size from Grand Design but it looks like the small atlas passives are critical for getting beyond portals to spawn in the first place. Also, there's no beyond option on the map machine this league.

Is this idea DOA or is there an angle I'm not seeing? Also as an aside, is there a repository where people submit their atlas trees sort of like the build guide websites?

You can enable beyond by taking the new atlas keystone that enables all map recipes or whatever they’re called.

Keystone: ”The Seventh Gate”

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

wemgo posted:

You can enable beyond by taking the new atlas keystone that enables all map recipes or whatever they’re called.

Keystone: ”The Seventh Gate”

Gotta allocate all 6 gateways for that. Lots of wasted points. Good thought though.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

one time I got a multi div item for free (after trying to buy it) because the seller was happy he just had a mageblood drop

Lol I did that when my mageblood dropped and the random guy was like "I don't want your charity" and left my party

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Trying to get 2-4 Atlas skill points a day on the Occultist, started yellow maps, identified the content I want it to boost, and doing a few other slower side play things like pushing through act 2 hardcore while trying to sponge deeper knowledge of building tanky(and what kills... not yet though) and also keeping tabs on insane dumb bullshit like All Ears and No Stone Unturned. Think I'm down to 5 Vaal side-area lore blurbs and a slower campaign replay with a different focus will keep the brain worms at bay.

The brain worms that haven't already settled in and made me a budding PoE fiend, hah. Aside from the deep think about making my Occultist succeed I figure it's a matter of time before I do it with a proper build in hand. I'm also using alting to just see how skills work, there's a surprising amount of nuance in nearly every active button press skill.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

goferchan posted:

Lol I did that when my mageblood dropped and the random guy was like "I don't want your charity" and left my party

Big "Chris Wilson: you think you know what you want, but you don't actually want it" vibes

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Fister Roboto posted:

My favorite part of the league so far is giving that one guy a meltdown over how many civilizations have risen and fallen while he's been dead.

I like how they made Utula a tragic figure with his "I thought getting killed would free me from my cage, but here I am having to fight battles for a god who abandoned us to slavery.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Edmond Dantes posted:

I've been trying to get LA Deadeye up to red maps (got to early red maps with SRS but ehhhhh not digging it), and right now at early yellows I can clear 3 screens with one single click, but essence monsters and bosses take loving forever, even with the ballistas out. I'm also ceasing to exist any time an enemy looks at me funny, even if I have the same life as the guide's pob... but that seems to be the build? Straight up glass cannon?

Here's the PoB if someone want to take a look and point out any glaring issues.

You could get a bow that increases your DPS by 35% for 30c. Pretty much the only thing you need to do to easily take LA Deadeye into t16 maps is get an 800 or 900 edps bow.

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ancestor/82369DGsV

Also the reason you're exploding is you have 29% spell suppress when you should have 100%. It doesn't look like you followed the guide's leveling tree because you skipped all of the defensive nodes, which he has you take first. Also when you spec into crit you're supposed to spec out of the Primeval Force wheel. You should probably just revisit the guide because the fixing your tree and buying a new bow will be dramatically easier than leveling a whole new character.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

wemgo posted:

it seems that the secret to enjoying poe's campaign is to race against yourself. i had more fun playing through the campaign this season with the leveling overlay than i may have ever had.

The leveling overlay is an A+ recommendation

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Papercut posted:

You could get a bow that increases your DPS by 35% for 30c. Pretty much the only thing you need to do to easily take LA Deadeye into t16 maps is get an 800 or 900 edps bow.

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ancestor/82369DGsV

Also the reason you're exploding is you have 29% spell suppress when you should have 100%. It doesn't look like you followed the guide's leveling tree because you skipped all of the defensive nodes, which he has you take first. Also when you spec into crit you're supposed to spec out of the Primeval Force wheel. You should probably just revisit the guide because the fixing your tree and buying a new bow will be dramatically easier than leveling a whole new character.

I'll take a look at the bow, thanks. I've been following the tree guide to the letter, here's my current tree compared to the lvl 80 (I'm at 75) from the guide. I'll look into sorting out my spell res via gear, but afaik I'm not missing nodes.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Edmond Dantes posted:

I'll take a look at the bow, thanks. I've been following the tree guide to the letter, here's my current tree compared to the lvl 80 (I'm at 75) from the guide. I'll look into sorting out my spell res via gear, but afaik I'm not missing nodes.

Maybe I didn't follow the guide then, haha. You'll feel a LOT tankier once you hit 100% suppress though. Also when things aren't alive long enough to hit you.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

Papercut posted:

Maybe I didn't follow the guide then, haha. You'll feel a LOT tankier once you hit 100% suppress though. Also when things aren't alive long enough to hit you.

I topped out at 95 farming legions with an inspired learning. Took a HH to push past 95.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

logger posted:

I like how they made Utula a tragic figure with his "I thought getting killed would free me from my cage, but here I am having to fight battles for a god who abandoned us to slavery.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Utula did nothing wrong.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

This is a lil story then an overly wordy crafting tutorial. There's a TLDR of price, base, and mats at the end of this post if you don't wanna read my wall of text.

Today I spent almost 5 div trying and failing to hit on a usually reliable profit craft that I often do between stones 3 and 4. With prices earlier today, it'll cost you an expected half div of crafting mats (including the bulk buy premium) and a 5ish c base to make a jewel that sells for 2 div in under an hour (and if you hit a good fourth mod you can really strike gold). I literally used 12x the fossils I expected to for bupkis without even hitting a consolation prize roll. A truly terrible run of luck! Two leagues ago I hit the three targeted mods and got life as a fourth on multiple bases, turning half a div and like ten minutes of trade and clicks into easy ten div. In general, you can't do this for hours on end because you destroy your own market but if you spend a half hour crafting and then play 90 minutes after, you can fairly reliably turn one div into 4 div. This league I've hit some bad fkn outlier luck. I did hit a few sellable rolls on earlier jewels I crafted but the last jewel base I bought is just cursed and it ate so much currency.

So I'm gonna share the craft with the hope that someone else will be lucky, and because it is a good intro to profit crafting with relatively low investment. It's useful for anyone who has about 2 div of capital and can't reliably make multiple div/hour mapping at this stage in the league. In this craft we're trying to make a three damage mod jewel for cf champ. You can also use this technique to get life and two damage mods but the bases are usually more expensive and ime three damage beats two damage and life price wise for this jewel.

Start by buying a crimson jewel with fractured generic dot multi (or fractured life if you wanna do that route). You're looking to get global phys and pdotmulti on top of your fractured mod but there are plenty of other useful combos that make something sellable. Starting with life fracture makes more sense if you can quickly recognize other good sellable combos of mods. Lgoh, generic damage, damage over time, armor, attack speed, mana res efficiency, life, reduced shock effect, attributes, res can all be ok with your fracture and hitting one damage mod.

You can make money on the other jewel bases, but they have worse mods for the fossil combos and you'll lose more money in mats than saving 10c on the base. Live searches got me four jewels for 5c each today, but you can happily buy for under 20c.

For the craft, use a 2 socket resonator with jagged and aetheric fossils. According to craftofexile you're looking at 75c of mats to hit the three damage mods. Today and yesterday, I ended up spending about 100c for the 75c of mats when I was buying 10-30 of each mat at once. You'll spend more buying more of each mat, but you also save a lot of time. It's a tradeoff.

If you try this, I hope you have better luck than I did today.

TLDR -It's so fuckin simple and I wrote way too many words but: crimson jewel with fractured dot multi or fractured life plus jagged and aetheric fossils will turn an expected half div of mats into a 2+ div jewel by rolling global phys and pdotmulti on top of your fracture.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
people hugely, massively sleep on fossils

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
rip Delve qol

quote:

3.22.0b Hotfix 4

Improved renderer to help fix situations where assets were not loading.
Improved client performance for lower-core CPUs.
Fixed a bug where changing Texture Quality sometimes did not properly reload the textures.
Fixed a bug where the Delve Subterranean Chart was showing hidden paths before they had been found.
Fixed a client crash.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

Devor posted:

rip Delve qol

I had a path last night where the delve machine went through a fractured wall. Luckily i had some dynamite left on my character. I should have screenshotted the subterranean chart.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Alrighty. In as "Frances Frances" the terrible witch. Off to a decent start. Found +10mv speed boots in the mud flats almost instantly and got summon zombie, SRS and frostblink as quest rewards in the first town. Busy blowing poo poo up. This is kinda fun.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I'm here for Frank Frank part two: the Frankening

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

External Organs posted:

I'm here for Frank Frank part two: the Frankening

I'm not, because I have had a week and 4 years headstart on the guy and he is still going to overtake me way too fast.

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

World's Strongest Smelly Hobo
I started playing on the tail end of metamorph league and routinely only get 12-ish challenges done each league so watching someone (with kids even) come in and just smash their first league is awe inspiring and I love it.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
The graphical glitches this league are pretty bad. I'm surprised they haven't fixed them. It seems very map specific, but I've ran into 3-4 maps at least that are just buggy. Particles stop working, or you get lots of see-through floors, or stuff flickers like crazy.

In other news, killed Sirus on my Boneshatter. I could get clipped by the DIE beam and, well, not die. The ground degens were the only real danger (other mechanics I could notice and respond to fast enough, along with being able to be clipped by stuff and not die).

However, was still a pretty close fight. Only 1 extra portal. At the end he just gives so little time that you can actually damage him for melee characters, and esp with Boneshatter needing ramp time, yeah, was slow going for the last 10%.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

last night while looking at cluster jewel options for EAB and playing with Craft of Exile, I stumbled on a lower-price version of this when I spent only 20c to make a Medium Jewel that sells for 100-150c.

Just made the one for myself but thinking I should make a couple to sell now. And this wasn’t even fossils, just Alts and Regals.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

So I've been playing crit spark and after like 15-20div into it, it clears great and is good for many league mechanics, including tota. But the boss dps is kinda bleh, the build is sorta tanky with an aegis, but I still get one shot occasionally.

It looks like most upgrades are going to be multiple divs and not sure how impactful they will be. Just thinking of rolling another char. Not played a bow build in a while. But I do fondly remember voltaxic LA. So thinking about an LA build, how tanky is it with max spell suppression etc? Or it still in glass connon territory?

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

xZAOx posted:

The graphical glitches this league are pretty bad. I'm surprised they haven't fixed them. It seems very map specific, but I've ran into 3-4 maps at least that are just buggy. Particles stop working, or you get lots of see-through floors, or stuff flickers like crazy.

In other news, killed Sirus on my Boneshatter. I could get clipped by the DIE beam and, well, not die. The ground degens were the only real danger (other mechanics I could notice and respond to fast enough, along with being able to be clipped by stuff and not die).

However, was still a pretty close fight. Only 1 extra portal. At the end he just gives so little time that you can actually damage him for melee characters, and esp with Boneshatter needing ramp time, yeah, was slow going for the last 10%.

The graphical glitches are pretty annoying when they happen on the Sirus fight. I had a fight where the degen pools weren’t displaying in the correct position, so I would just randomly start seeing my HP drain after moving out of what I could see, and the meteor phase would have 3 different exits at each level.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
I have a pretty good pc and whatever is going on in infested valley hardlocks my framerate to ~60hz when i get 144 everywhere else

Also, it seems like all my maps corrupt to infested valley for some reason, ugh

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

bawfuls posted:

last night while looking at cluster jewel options for EAB and playing with Craft of Exile, I stumbled on a lower-price version of this when I spent only 20c to make a Medium Jewel that sells for 100-150c.

Just made the one for myself but thinking I should make a couple to sell now. And this wasn’t even fossils, just Alts and Regals.

Come on then, make a few then spill the beans!

Early league my go to is shuddering fossils on lowest ilvl I can find projectile mediums. On ilvl 49 it's an average of two tries to hit streamlined and repeater, 3 tries on a max level jewel. Right now that's about 4c per try and the jewels sell for 20c but the first few days of the league you can usually more than quadruple your money. Sometimes you can make up to 10x if you buy the fossils early enough and wait a day or two to buy clusters and sell the crafts. This and last league have both been pretty slow for me with not playing every day so I missed the boat on this craft this league.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Love this patch GGG, it's really great having the legion be over before any of the graphics for it have loaded in

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

Rakeris posted:

So I've been playing crit spark and after like 15-20div into it, it clears great and is good for many league mechanics, including tota. But the boss dps is kinda bleh, the build is sorta tanky with an aegis, but I still get one shot occasionally.

It looks like most upgrades are going to be multiple divs and not sure how impactful they will be. Just thinking of rolling another char. Not played a bow build in a while. But I do fondly remember voltaxic LA. So thinking about an LA build, how tanky is it with max spell suppression etc? Or it still in glass connon territory?

there's no way a bow build is ever going to be as tanky as your spark build with aegis, unless maybe it's a champ flavored bow build?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Pathfinder with evasion, phys conversion and spell suppress is ridiculously tank

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Wilma's toxic rain pf sounds like it fits the bill

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Captain Foo posted:

i almost scammed myself buying a corrupted 6L for 10c

did you know stacks are 20c now

I guess I’m glad I’m not actually going insane because I definitely accidentally overpaid once or twice for a couple items thanks to muscle memory and not, in fact, knowing chaos stack to 20 now.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Bex is joining Riot to be lead CM on an unannounced game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Good for her. I wonder who has weirder fans. I don't know poo poo about LoL. People like Valorant don't they?