Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
there is exactly one good assassins creed game, assassin's creed two, and jts good because near the beginning a guy says itsa me, mario!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Al! posted:

there is exactly one good assassins creed game, assassin's creed two, and jts good because near the beginning a guy says itsa me, mario!

that was definitely a choice

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

bedpan posted:

every time I see AC6 I think people are talking about assassins creed 6

lollin at these casuals who arent constantly confused why everyones talking about the ace combat series

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Is it Assassins Creed 3 where you become friends with George Washington or make him King of America or whatever

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Zokari posted:

that was definitely a choice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONXdw3ubv2g

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Hatebag posted:

i think someone could put nuts in a boba tea and market it as "boba deez nuts" and lose a bunch of money

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Robo Reagan posted:

lollin at these casuals who arent constantly confused why everyones talking about the ace combat series

Go dance with the angels mister!

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
rear end creed 2 was good because you could gently caress up da vincis brofist qte and make him sit in the cuck chair

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Robo Reagan posted:

a single ac could gently caress up the entire nation of osea instantly

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/The_Ben_Starr/status/1696173994863464871

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Considering how slow they are and how they can't deal with a bunch of missiles, a couple of planes should be able to handle a single AC easily.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

now im imagine ezio jumping out of a plane and landing on a mech to assassinate the pilot

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

just beat the sweeper in ac, fun little boss (strat: fly up and shoot grenades right in the lava brain!)

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

An Arkbird could gently caress up every AC if it doesn't do the stupid thing like those PCA ships and decide to land for dumb gameplay reasons.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Lostconfused posted:

Considering how slow they are and how they can't deal with a bunch of missiles, a couple of planes should be able to handle a single AC easily.

Skill issue

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Dr Pepper posted:

Skill issue

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Lostconfused posted:

An Arkbird could gently caress up every AC if it doesn't do the stupid thing like those PCA ships and decide to land for dumb gameplay reasons.

well what if someone dropped a mech on its back from space or shot one up there with a rail gun? that'd be a pretty cool boss, there could be jets flying around up there shooting at you and maybe the big plane could be doing evasive maneuvers to shake you off its back. too bad the big plane designers were forced by budget constraints to put a giant glowing weak point up there that pops up periodically

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

The Drakengard of Armored Cores.

Edit: Woops, got my video game franchises mixed up.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lostconfused posted:

yeah!

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Lostconfused posted:

I've been absolutely crushing people in PvP with an AC that can fly forever and shoots 28 missiles at once. Like I'll be at 475 points and the entire enemy team combined will have 480 lol

They should try inventing jets in the AC universe

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

they have jets in previous games but they are always fodder instead of the chad kings they would be

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Lostconfused posted:

I think the most recent yesteryear website that I've visited was bash.org

are you aware of where you are posting

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/diversion_inc/status/1695830758760354270

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

DaysBefore posted:

Is it Assassins Creed 3 where you become friends with George Washington or make him King of America or whatever

Assassin’s Creed 3 isn’t even the best 3rd game in a series where the protagonist sacrifices themself to press a machine’s on button. It’s up against Fallout 3 and Mass Effect 3.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

woah npcs that react to getting shot in the head repeatedly, theyre making some real gameplay strides

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

I love bethesdas inappropriate facial expressions. Dude is just so happy you are breaking into the embassy

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Bar Crow posted:

Assassin’s Creed 3 isn’t even the best 3rd game in a series where the protagonist sacrifices themself to press a machine’s on button. It’s up against Fallout 3 and Mass Effect 3.
lmfao I completely forgot there was that whole doughy white rear end computer toucher storyline in “modern time” with Kristen bell

god drat rear end creeds have the worst meta plot garbage. people just want to reenact historical fiction action games and climb notre dame and pyramids

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
is there any chance of being able to play CK2/3 on Deck without buying a case that has a slot for a detachable microscope

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Pead posted:

I love bethesdas inappropriate facial expressions. Dude is just so happy you are breaking into the embassy

why do the characters in this game look more like oblivion than skyrim or fallout

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Hatebag posted:

i think someone could put nuts in a boba tea and market it as "boba deez nuts" and lose a bunch of money

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Al! posted:

why do the characters in this game look more like oblivion than skyrim or fallout

skill issue

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
anyways modders will fix it. relax y’all. it’s GOTY

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

nm

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

besides deserts of Kharak anything interesting in the steam strategy sale?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
If the rumors and leaked info is correct, Chapter 5 of Fortnite will be bringing a new Open World game to fortnite.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

triple sulk posted:

nah i loving uninstalled it. i get this isn't souls but i've played and beaten a couple of them and elden ring and ac6 is a different level of unfun bullshit

in souls games you generally know what you did wrong and you can usually improve bit by bit, but with ac6 you'll slowly try and learn mechanics while the camera and lockon will repeatedly gently caress you. for a lot of the combat it feels as if you're better off being right in their face to avoid the bazillion missiles that get thrown at you but then you can't see a god drat thing. i have a decent tolerance for difficulty but there's fun and not fun and i don't think this is the former

You aren't exactly wrong about the AC6 bosses kind of being bullshit (like I think I said before, I'm genuinely curious if it's even possible to beat them with the "wrong builds"), but I still like it more than Souls/Elden Ring games just because the gameplay and general "vibes" are a lot less dour. Like the setting of AC6 is depressing, but not in the same "wandering around an empty world where everything loving sucks and there's like 10 sane people you can communicate with" sort of way as the Souls games.

And the mission structure + gameplay style is also much better at keeping my attention. I like how there are a lot of short-ish missions, and how the actual gameplay feels fun, even if some bosses are bullshit.

I do wish it had more stuff to do that isn't the story or arena, though. The basic gameplay is incredibly fun (it's just fun to move the mechs around and shoot the guns), and it'd be nice to play a larger variety of content with a bigger spread of difficulty levels. It's not too hard for me to imagine bosses that are kind of tough but actually have attacks you can reasonably respond to regardless of build. So far AC6 has this weird difficulty spread, where stuff is either "really easy" or "a super hard boss that you need a specific type of build to counter." I feel like there's gotta be a middle ground. The wall boss and the first Chapter 2 boss sorta meet this standard, though they both fall into a weird category where they become very easy once you understand the gimmick to fighting them.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

wolfs posted:

besides deserts of Kharak anything interesting in the steam strategy sale?

Gladius is cool is you want a lite tbs wargame

Lmao Koei still not believing in sales, I want my Nobunaga's ambition !!!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Well, that sure is Creation Engine

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

its very funny how many gamers are getting their asses kicked by the tutorial boss in AC6

all you had to do was hit it with the drat sword, CJ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Mothership Zeta really needed to be expanded to a full game.