Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

NoiseAnnoys posted:

honestly, bastion and transistor both left me super cold. hades was great, but i have no desire to 100% it.

same wrt bastion and transistor. the latter especially annoyed me because i ran into a gamebreaking bug where i couldnt damage the final boss. oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

NoiseAnnoys posted:

pets are loving rad.

laughing gayly when an animal you cohabitate with throws up on your bed because it sparks joy in your heart

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Why does my phone seem to have random peoples usernames in its auto complete? I've never interacted with these folks in any capacity. My phone should not be learning this stuff.

My phone won't remember words I use daily but gently caress if it won't consistently revert jeans to Jean's

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
nobody ever talks about that supergiant nba jam game they made right before hades, so i imagine it was just ok

anyway heres our sweet baby penny

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

thats not perspective she just has a big old head

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Al! posted:

nobody ever talks about that supergiant nba jam game they made right before hades, so i imagine it was just ok

Hello Penny :)

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Al! posted:

it was very good but also so weird it never really dug its hooks in. sold terribly as well, supergiant would have been in trouble if not for hades

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Al! posted:

I literally mentioned Pyre two pages ago.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i only join toxic communities full of slurs and racism, personally

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Pets rock. At my old job I had a coworker interested in keeping reptiles, and he had a pet chuckwalla, which is a sort of herbivorous lizard native to the southwest US and Mexico that can live for like 30 years? Her name was Lady (his daughters named her) and she had a little carrier with her name on it in pink rhinestones lmao. She was unbelievably chill and he brought her into work one day.

I said "Can I hold her??" and he said "Yeah!" and she IMMEDIATELY crawled up into the crook of my neck and just snuggled there in my warmth while I held her. Cuddled for a solid 15 minutes. I know lizards are a little more primitive-brained than mammals and she was just like "ouughh hot surface" rather than any sort of genuine affection, but oooohhhh my god :kimchi: there is something so deeply fulfilling to my packbonding monkey brain about an animal immediately accepting and loving you

He said she regularly chills with him outside of her carrier and watches Netflix with him but apparently she hates anime? Which is the fakest sounding anecdote, I know, but imagine this fuckin' soft spoken, southern accent, mustache-having, 50-something dad with a pet lizard telling me that he put on Akira and she started FLIPPING OUT and hissing at the screen. Like he picked her up and turned her around so she wasn't facing the screen and she stopped hissing, but when he turned her back around, she started hissing again. I 100% believe he was telling the truth.

God I miss that guy and I miss nerding about exotics with him (I kept pet bugs at the time). I should've got his number so I could ask to come hang out and babysit his lizard.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Transistor couldn't really keep my attention, which is a shame because the aesthetics were the best Supergiant's ever done. Pyre, I really couldn't get into the gameplay of it.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
only played hades. liked hades.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah, Hades is a masterpiece. Played entirely to the studio's strengths with a gameplay loop that just plain worked.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

You should play Bastion then.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

Bastion owns if you appreciate its gimmick early on.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
I don't think there's anything unique to discords or this website when it comes to large communities having drama. Any semi-public space is eventually going to have some weird assholes show up and freak out in it. Even the sock puppeting bullshit sympathy play stuff that's taken down by IP cross-referencing has happened for internet eons. Something Awful is maybe the one place that has a unique legacy of surviving and even kicking out egomaniacs when poo poo like that happens at a mod/admin level. Most other places just kind of bury it and mass ban anyone who criticizes that stuff, like when there's big time reddit supermod drama or the poo poo with ResetEra. Or they're place too big to care like YouTube or Twitter before Musk decided to deliberately kill it.

Or hell, look at how it just takes one really dramatic person at work to make your whole job experience there more miserable.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Why is that post in byob

E: Oh it is cccc

Byob is secretly the most insane politics forum.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I didn't care for Bastion or Transistor but Hades is godlike (pun intended!!!!!!!!!!)

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I didn't care for Bastion or Transistor but Hades is godlike (pun intended!!!!!!!!!!)

you've been around long enough we know you intend to make a pun

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Nuns with Guns posted:

I don't think there's anything unique to discords or this website when it comes to large communities having drama. Any semi-public space is eventually going to have some weird assholes show up and freak out in it. Even the sock puppeting bullshit sympathy play stuff that's taken down by IP cross-referencing has happened for internet eons. Something Awful is maybe the one place that has a unique legacy of surviving and even kicking out egomaniacs when poo poo like that happens at a mod/admin level. Most other places just kind of bury it and mass ban anyone who criticizes that stuff, like when there's big time reddit supermod drama or the poo poo with ResetEra. Or they're place too big to care like YouTube or Twitter before Musk decided to deliberately kill it.

Or hell, look at how it just takes one really dramatic person at work to make your whole job experience there more miserable.
SA is also fairly long-lived so it has a long legacy that makes it look more frequent. It's also a site that flourished on principles like making fun of people, so of course the oral history of "that guy who was weird" is more likely to survive and be mentioned than "oh yeah, we kicked out that freak, we don't really talk about it" in your local hobby discord. Plus the community is more centralized than something like Reddit despite the forum divide - if you spend a lot of time on a subreddit for rabbits, you're probably not familiar with whatever niche subreddit drama happened on, like, a subreddit for antique furniture or something. And a ban in one subreddit doesn't mean a ban everywhere, as opposed to SA where if someone gets banned for shitposting in the car forum I can see it on any of their posts with a big red avatar telling me exactly what happened.

But yeah, I can't think of any internet space I've ever been in, no matter how down-to-earth, that hasn't had to kick out at least one weirdo, if the trash didn't take itself out first with a dramatic parting shot. Weirdos exist everywhere and social friction happens as a result, especially in semi-anonymous spaces where people feel more willing to be openly weird and cause problems when it gives them less tangible social consequences than losing their job.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
The supergiant catalog all owns but Hades kinda puts together all the juicy design bits so idk if the older titles feel as strong.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

extremely looking forward to hades 2. it's definitely going to pwn

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

My reaction to pretty much all of Supergiant's games is "I want to like this, but..."

Hades was the one game where I could finally say "...actually I love it, no notes"

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol okay this is all fake right this cant be real *looks for hidden cameras* there cant possibly be an admin that ran a riven rape rp discord like this its all a prank lol you got me jeffrey you son of a bitch

was reminded of this and started giggling like a maniac all over again

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i'm just amazed it took until like 2018 for a videogame named Hades to be released

like it's a short pithy name that relates to hell. how did we get Quake before that

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

dead cells and hades in conjunction ftw. no need for any other run based games

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

The biggest problem I had with Hades was that there wasn't more of it. Like, not in a "it was too short" way but a "I love this game and its characters so much that I wish I could play it for longer" way.

They also never released full concept art for the gods so I struggled to draw fanart :mad:

Oh man, I forgot I drew a bunch of Hades characters eating burgers once for fun because "fantastical character anachronistically eating a normal burger" is one of my favorite shitposts. These were some of my favorites.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Tiny Myers posted:

The biggest problem I had with Hades was that there wasn't more of it. Like, not in a "it was too short" way but a "I love this game and its characters so much that I wish I could play it for longer" way.

They also never released full concept art for the gods so I struggled to draw fanart :mad:

Oh man, I forgot I drew a bunch of Hades characters eating burgers once for fun because "fantastical character anachronistically eating a normal burger" is one of my favorite shitposts. These were some of my favorites.

These are great, thank you for sharing.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Lady Radia posted:

was reminded of this and started giggling like a maniac all over again

people discovering that happened for the first time is like taking the red pill in the matrix, even people active across multiple subforums will miss out on the most insane stories because they were away for 2-3 days or something

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A GAME INTO steam. ITS hades AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, smarxist.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Tiny Myers posted:

Pets rock. At my old job I had a coworker interested in keeping reptiles, and he had a pet chuckwalla, which is a sort of herbivorous lizard native to the southwest US and Mexico that can live for like 30 years? Her name was Lady (his daughters named her) and she had a little carrier with her name on it in pink rhinestones lmao. She was unbelievably chill and he brought her into work one day.

I said "Can I hold her??" and he said "Yeah!" and she IMMEDIATELY crawled up into the crook of my neck and just snuggled there in my warmth while I held her. Cuddled for a solid 15 minutes. I know lizards are a little more primitive-brained than mammals and she was just like "ouughh hot surface" rather than any sort of genuine affection, but oooohhhh my god :kimchi: there is something so deeply fulfilling to my packbonding monkey brain about an animal immediately accepting and loving you

He said she regularly chills with him outside of her carrier and watches Netflix with him but apparently she hates anime? Which is the fakest sounding anecdote, I know, but imagine this fuckin' soft spoken, southern accent, mustache-having, 50-something dad with a pet lizard telling me that he put on Akira and she started FLIPPING OUT and hissing at the screen. Like he picked her up and turned her around so she wasn't facing the screen and she stopped hissing, but when he turned her back around, she started hissing again. I 100% believe he was telling the truth.

God I miss that guy and I miss nerding about exotics with him (I kept pet bugs at the time). I should've got his number so I could ask to come hang out and babysit his lizard.

love the anti-anime lizard

e. hades was great yeah but the post about "its a game about spamming dash attack" is absolutely right and why I got bored around heat10 or so

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Tiny Myers posted:

These are incredible. I love Hypnos so much.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

e; This is Moe. He's a fool and I love him

Al! posted:

thats not perspective she just has a big old head

Well now I finally know what I can inscribe on my final resting place, which is under a life size statue of me obv

Punkinhead fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Aug 28, 2023

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Fajita Queen posted:

These are great, thank you for sharing.

HopperUK posted:

These are incredible. I love Hypnos so much.
Thank you! :) It looks like the ingredients I decided on at the time were poutine, peanut butter, and a fried egg for his burger. Just some poo poo that would put you to sleep instantly after eating it.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Tiny Myers posted:

lol Medusa is very good

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

i'm just amazed it took until like 2018 for a videogame named Hades to be released

like it's a short pithy name that relates to hell. how did we get Quake before that

You hear about the sequel... Sukondes...?

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Cranappleberry posted:

laughing gayly when an animal you cohabitate with throws up on your bed because it sparks joy in your heart

spouses are also technically pets by that definition.

(people should listen to me when i say the discount oysters on the internet grocery store in a landlocked country are not to be trusted.)

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

Buschmaki posted:

You hear about the sequel... Sukondes...?

that ones about the mythological hero Bophades right

Troutful
May 31, 2011

Sorry, but Hades came out in 1996 for something called the "Sinclair ZX81/Spectrum" and it looks sick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

what the gently caress kind of goon discord server is this

Hentai free zone. Lookin for it? Leave.