Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
So Rogan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Twibbit posted:

So Rogan

Actually he has pushed back on some of alex's nonsense, from the knowledge fight clips I've heard

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Xakura posted:

Actually he has pushed back on some of alex's nonsense, from the knowledge fight clips I've heard

in 2001

and it didn't stop him from associating with Alex

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

Morter posted:

in 2001

and it didn't stop him from associating with Alex

Oh for sure, he sucks, I managed to get all my family off spotify after they signed him.

I just mean to point out that pearl is even more of a empty brained credulous idiot than rogan

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

You will be the effigy I burn, infused with all the traits that make them the detestable little goblins they are.

I'd be curious what Chicago suburb she grew up in, actually. I grew up in the northern burbs and it absolutely does not surprise me that someone like her comes from there, that place was filled with smooth brained rich kids.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Jesus Dan is such a dumb wrestling fan. I’m sad about Wyatt too but he was Dan’s -favorite-? What an idiot.

0konner fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Aug 28, 2023

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I didn't like most of what Bray did but that seems harsh

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
It’s mourning, no need to be hostile over a basic human function.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

I love this wrestling podcast but it looks like they did a special episode where they focused on Alex Jones today :prepop:

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

0konner posted:

Jesus Dan is such a dumb wrestling fan. I’m sad about Wyatt too but he was Dan’s -favorite-? What an idiot.

You listened to Dans eulogy and decided to post this? gently caress off from this thread forever.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

0konner posted:

Thanks for helping to continue the stereotype that wrestling fans are enormous lovely fuckfaces

Maybe try to develop some basic human empathy at some point

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

0konner posted:

This might surprise you but different people like different things

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Y'all expecting the thread Heel to break Keyfabe?

thus concludes the entirety of my wrestling knowledge

Also gently caress Alex Jones for editorializing the article midread without saying poo poo about it. For some reason that annoys me more than when he just reads the headline and makes poo poo up entirely about what the article says.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

0konner posted:

It's kind of convenient when someone outs themselves as just a complete piece of poo poo. Means I don't even have to pretend to care about their opinions.

Literally making fun of someone grieving because they like a different thing. Get face-hosed by a saguaro, rear end in a top hat.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

I can't believe he (probably) has covid again.

He can't keep getting away without real consequences forever.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I have my doubts that all 4 (?) times he's gotten covid have been real. Hard to not have doubts with just about anything Alex says. I feel like he would be incentivized to pretend to have gotten it so he can do the whole "I got it and it wasn't even bad" thing and act big and strong and sell supplements.

I mean I'm sure he's had covid just 4 times with minimal noticeable impact to his health or schedule is hard for me to believe for some reason.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I imagine he goes the opposite, claim the globalists powered up the strains to really go after true patriots but it's only because of the supplements I take, that you too can get, i'm beating it and winning

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

I was probably more offended by him probably having COVID and still planning to travel. Walking cesspool, Alex is.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Tree Dude posted:

I have my doubts that all 4 (?) times he's gotten covid have been real. Hard to not have doubts with just about anything Alex says. I feel like he would be incentivized to pretend to have gotten it so he can do the whole "I got it and it wasn't even bad" thing and act big and strong and sell supplements.

I mean I'm sure he's had covid just 4 times with minimal noticeable impact to his health or schedule is hard for me to believe for some reason.

I don't know. He says it almost killed his dad, and I feel like he admitted he felt really sick. Didn't he have on the, I'm going to say it was The Health Ranger (:rolleyes:) or someone similar, not that long ago. And they were reminiscing about their covid experience and were 'Yeah, that was actually pretty bad'.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I recently caught up to where I started with the fallout from the 1.5 billion dollar judgement, and given I jumped in around episode #480 or something after that (the 2020 election run up), I decided to just go back to the start. I don't know that I'll listen to it all through now, but I figure I'll listen to at least a little around the start, and certainly more than the first 3 episodes I listened to back when I first picked up this podcast before jumping to what sounded interesting. Man it's wild hearing Dan lay out that he wants to make a few things clear, that he doesn't want Alex removed from the air or censored when measured against where things are now etc. Simpler times :smith:

John Mirra
Dec 18, 2005

Deptfordx posted:

I don't know. He says it almost killed his dad, and I feel like he admitted he felt really sick. Didn't he have on the, I'm going to say it was The Health Ranger (:rolleyes:) or someone similar, not that long ago. And they were reminiscing about their covid experience and were 'Yeah, that was actually pretty bad'.

Yeah, and then they went back to denying it. I sometimes think they forget they're on camera and actually drop the charade every now and again.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
I don't think their hearts are in this anymore. Between the lengthy (and lengthening) show introductions to the frequent diversions into things not related to AJ in the middle of the show (This week it was Survivor talk which I admit is about as boring to me as any subject can possibly get), to the gradual shortening of shows in addition to all the filler, I think they need to admit to themselves that they need to move on. Even when they stay on topic, it almost all feels like retreading old ground, which isn't their fault so much as AJ's lack of creativity.

I think they need to either commit to a new subject, or a different kind of podcast altogether. I worry if they don't do it soon, people are going to stop listening and they'll have trouble recovering even if they do pivot. I feel like I'm on the verge of moving on, myself. I find myself skipping over almost half of the show time these days.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Controversial, but I liked the Tucker episodes. Keeping an eye (ear?) on these poo poo heads with someone going in depth on exposing their lies and bullshit will keep me listening. Jones though? Yeah the well is getting dry. He's gonna rehash the same ten or twenty lines of hate speech for 99% of his shows. Cover the latest events, point out the lie he's using today, then move on.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!
I think KF as it is right now is fine, but also I doubt anyone would mind if they cut their workload a little and made the podcast more of weekly check-in/highlights reel instead of trying to find material for 2-3 episodes each week.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Mr Scumbag posted:

I don't think their hearts are in this anymore. Between the lengthy (and lengthening) show introductions to the frequent diversions into things not related to AJ in the middle of the show (This week it was Survivor talk which I admit is about as boring to me as any subject can possibly get), to the gradual shortening of shows in addition to all the filler, I think they need to admit to themselves that they need to move on. Even when they stay on topic, it almost all feels like retreading old ground, which isn't their fault so much as AJ's lack of creativity.

I think they need to either commit to a new subject, or a different kind of podcast altogether. I worry if they don't do it soon, people are going to stop listening and they'll have trouble recovering even if they do pivot. I feel like I'm on the verge of moving on, myself. I find myself skipping over almost half of the show time these days.

Yeah the issue is that Alex isn't interesting anymore, he's going through the motions more than JorDan are but yeah I'm borderline on the show. I would have them pivot fully to the past or to Tucker and Russel Brand and other semi interesting right wing media shitbags or go full QAA and talk about right wing conspiracy weirdos

LionYeti fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Aug 29, 2023

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
For those not in the Facebook group, friend of the pod Morgan Stringer got hired by Mark Bankston's firm Farrar & Ball.

Which, honestly, good for her. She deserves it.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

That honestly seems like the best way all of that could’ve worked out.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Froghammer posted:

For those not in the Facebook group, friend of the pod Morgan Stringer got hired by Mark Bankston's firm Farrar & Ball.

Yo that's awesome

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

Froghammer posted:

:nice:

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Froghammer posted:

That's really great to hear! She was having some very rough times publically on Twitter just a few weeks ago. I was worried about her safety.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

teen witch posted:

I’m listening to this Pearl interview and I guess being dumb is her brand* but come on girl, have some self respect.

Did God give her hubris where intelligence should be? If I was this empty headed, I wouldn’t make myself a public figure.

*I don’t think it’s just a brand

No, I really don't think its a brand, she's genuinely that incompetent.

Someone on the KF subreddit posted a youtube of a guy going through her videos and a big part of it is just how unbelievably bad of a youtuber she is. Not just bad opinions...we know that, the technical stuff is grade-school levels bad.

Stuff like packing 15+ guests on an awkward couch and they're all trying to talk over one another. Her laptop covering her whiteboard with all her dumb opinions. Her mic levels being terrible. The awful camera angles.

It watches like a parody of a right wing podcast made by a moron who doesn't know how a camera or microphone work.

EDIT: It speaks leagues about her parents (who are multi millionaires) who are supporting this stuff by buying expensive office space and equipment for her. If I were them, I'd be a little concerned about the awful stuff she's spouting and how it reflects on them but they make fancy gas pumps or something and aren't really in the spotlight (yet.) so I guess it doesn't matter? Its just nice that one of their 8 kids (!?) has a hobby.

Snuffman fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Aug 31, 2023

Mr Lanternfly
Jun 26, 2023
Thats awesome to hear for ace associate Morgan. She was always great on Opening Arguments (before it imploded). I'm pretty sure OA is how I heard about KF when they did a crossover episode way back when.

Mr Lanternfly
Jun 26, 2023
Pearl is a good podcast interviewer in the same way Wyatt Koch is a good fashion designer.

Someone earlier was asking about good episodes for a first time listener and I feel like the Pearl one is decent for that purpose, given her deer-in-headlights approach to Alex.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

QAA podcast just did an episode of Man Clan all about Pearl. You could hear Julian’s brain break multiple times while Kelly told him about her.

Mr Lanternfly
Jun 26, 2023
Goddamn you for suggesting that. She's so much worse than the KF episode gave an impression of. She also posts an inflammatory Youtube video EVERY SINGLE HOUR. Holy poo poo what a monster.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
They did start off by spending a solid few minutes explaining that she's a right wing poo poo posting attention harvester. They may not have conveyed how amazingly stupid she is in its full breadth and depth, but I thought they pretty well covered her being one more person plugged in to the right wing outrage manufacturing machine.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Mr Lanternfly posted:

Goddamn you for suggesting that. She's so much worse than the KF episode gave an impression of. She also posts an inflammatory Youtube video EVERY SINGLE HOUR. Holy poo poo what a monster.
She's using the Andrew Tate school of algorithm-chasing. The actual long-form content she's making is irrelevant, because what matters is 15-second TikTok videos of her talking into a microphone about traditional femininity layered on top of footage of Subway Surfer while lo-fi music plays in the background.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
"Attention harvester" is a rather apt way of putting it, but wouldn't that make her not much different from a spammer? She might be yelling inflammatory things about abortion rights instead of advertisements, but the practical purpose behind it is the same motive as a junkmailer.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

How could Dan bait us with the idea of Geraldo Revera mocking Alex and not giving that to us!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Alex went on known Russian propagandist Vladmir Soloviev's show and ranted for 45 minutes.