Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I thought I was going to be the smart one and start drafting a ton of defenses to maximize that slot each week but looks like I waited a round too long.

And I don't have a real QB on my roster so I had to spend way too many picks on the backup lottery. But I think Russell Wilson might have a kind of short leash and Jarrett Stidham might be good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

fsif posted:

I thought I was going to be the smart one and start drafting a ton of defenses to maximize that slot each week but looks like I waited a round too long.

And I don't have a real QB on my roster so I had to spend way too many picks on the backup lottery. But I think Russell Wilson might have a kind of short leash and Jarrett Stidham might be good?

My original plan was also to draft like 4 defenses to try and guarantee a good score in that spot every week but somehow I got into the weeds where *checks notes* La'Mical Perine seemed like a great idea

Stidham was a good bet imo he was absolutely a target of mine

I'm worried I don't actually have a TE despite drafting the Commanders' nominal starter lol, Thomas is so old and injured. I should have gone for Jonnu. A phrase that speaks to how sick this league is

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Stidham is a good pickup for actual dynasty... not just sicko nonsense like this.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Stidham sucks balls. He will never be a starter outside of an injury situation.

Nov 6, 2002

Lynn Bowden, WR Saints, former Dolphin and Patriot.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Jesus, I have genuinely no idea at this point.

Nov 6, 2002

We're 13 rounds deep in an extremely shallow pool of players. I don't think you're really gonna miss much if you wanted to just check out at this point lol.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I’m curious what an average weekly score is going to look like in this league. Like is it even over 50? In a game where under 100 is disappointing that’s a big lol

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
I am aiming to do my research, but I do have actual work to do :(

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

This list is absolutely not exhaustive but here's who I got who's left. Note that several names here are not currently signed with an NFL team. I did not do research into defenses. Frankly I wish I had given how many were viable. I'd definitely have drafted D a lot later. Kickers are all gone afaict.

QB:

Nathan Peterman
Case Keenum
Jake Fromm
Josh Johnson
Chris Streveler
Case Keenum
Cam Newton
Josh Rosen
Chad Henne

RB:

Darrynton Evans
Nick Bawden
Damien Williams

WR:

N'Keal Harry
Josh Gordon
Lil'Jordan Humphrey
Marcus Kemp
Gunner Olzsewski
Irvin Charles
Raleigh Webb
Matthew Slater (lol)
Isaiah Coulter

TE:

Eric Tomlinson
Matt Sokol
Antony Firkser
Jacob Hollister
Trevon Wesco
Lawrence Cager

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Also in Sleeper:

QB:
Tom Brady
Tim Tebow

RB:
Marshawn Lynch

Nov 6, 2002

WR
Damiere Byrd
Kristian Wilkerson

RB
Taiwan Jones

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
I had in my head that I'd picked Damien Williams already, so lets have him.

Thanks for the help!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Seemed like it was getting a bit onerous for some and I figured in a normal draft, we'd all have access to the same info at the outset, so why not just post it?

Kind doubt any of these last bunch are gonna make a huge impact on anyone's season in any case. :shobon:

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Darrynton Evans, RB, BUF and the Bears D/ST by way of Tremaine Edmunds

Nov 6, 2002

Josh Johnson, QB Ravens, former Jet.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Gunner Olzsewski

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
:negative:

https://twitter.com/mikegarafolo/status/1696500146542948597?s=46&t=Q9JsEynxHxZ9F2lOwU2Uuw

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

I’m deciding between a couple of defenses I’ll pick soon :)

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

t a s t e posted:

Was hoping Isabella would come back around now that it’s been reported he’s taking first team snaps

easy come, easy go

https://twitter.com/RyanTalbotBills/status/1696552424729948546

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Professor Funk posted:

I’m deciding between a couple of defenses I’ll pick soon :)

There's been, I think 18 D/STs picked already? And there's still at least two to pick from? Man if I I'd known there would be that many available I definitely wouldnt have picked one in the 2nd round. :lol:

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

I will take the Chiefs D/ST, through Lamar Jackson

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Also gently caress yeah my kicker won his camp battle.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Quiet Feet posted:

There's been, I think 18 D/STs picked already? And there's still at least two to pick from? Man if I I'd known there would be that many available I definitely wouldnt have picked one in the 2nd round. :lol:

I initially assumed that just about every defense would have at least one AFCE alumni but then I saw others picking up defenses and I saw there was no one eligible on the Eagles so I questioned my initial belief, panicked, then just chose one.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

fsif posted:

I initially assumed that just about every defense would have at least one AFCE alumni but then I saw others picking up defenses and I saw there was no one eligible on the Eagles so I questioned my initial belief, panicked, then just chose one.

Yeah likewise I assumed pretty much every team would have someone. And most totally do but several of the elite (at least last year) defenses had nobody. I spent too much time triple checking Eagles and Broncos

Also this league has me unreasonably nervous about Logan Thomas getting cut today, a thing no sane person who isn't literally Logan Thomas should care about

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Quiet Feet posted:

Also gently caress yeah my kicker won his camp battle.

some folks'll never miss a kick
but then again nick folk'll

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Professor Funk posted:

I will take the Chiefs D/ST, through Lamar Jackson

Hate to be a downer but KC's D/ST already got taken in the 5th.

Docjowles posted:

Yeah likewise I assumed pretty much every team would have someone. And most totally do but several of the elite (at least last year) defenses had nobody. I spent too much time triple checking Eagles and Broncos

Also this league has me unreasonably nervous about Logan Thomas getting cut today, a thing no sane person who isn't literally Logan Thomas should care about

I figured there would be like eight? Maybe nine? It does make a lot of sense when you have an entire half of a roster to churn through and just as many possible slots to fill on every other team.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

He’ll be back when every receiver other than diggs decides to drop everything

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Quiet Feet posted:

Hate to be a downer but KC's D/ST already got taken in the 5th.

Ah, my bad. That's what I get for just Ctrl+Fing "Chiefs" on the first page. I'll take the Panthers D/ST through Frankie Luvu.

Also 3/5 WRs on my team (Watkins, Dorsett, Crowder) have either been released or haven't signed with a team this year LOL

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Hmm.

Do punters count as part of D/ST?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Quiet Feet posted:

Hmm.

Do punters count as part of D/ST?

I would think so. You're taking the Browns aren't you??

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I think we determined defensive players before but I may be wrong

Nov 6, 2002

I still can't believe neither the Eagles nor the Broncos defenses have someone from the AFCE. I have loving scoured those rosters just like y'all.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I still can't believe neither the Eagles nor the Broncos defenses have someone from the AFCE. I have loving scoured those rosters just like y'all.

Haha, I think I've scoured them like three times at this point and I'm shocked every time I come up empty

t a s t e posted:

I think we determined defensive players before but I may be wrong

Oh yeah, I forgot:

quote:

For D/ST, going to go with anyone on the current defensive roster who has been on an AFC East team.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Professor Funk posted:

I would think so. You're taking the Browns aren't you??

Could be!

Professor Funk posted:

Haha, I think I've scoured them like three times at this point and I'm shocked every time I come up empty

I wish they were available. I'm obviously biased as an Eagles fan, and some regression is likely but they could have 15 fewer sacks this year and still be a top-5 defense.

E: yeah I read the part about defensive players but wasn't sure if it was intentionally exclusionary or just an oversight. If it's possible, yes I'm taking the Browns. If not, I'll need to do a little digging before I get my next pick in because my other two guys got sniped.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Aug 29, 2023

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Yeah I decided to just keep it to defense to make it easier. Felt like a slippery slope to allow kick or punt returners, then long snappers, then gunners, etc. Too much of a headache to cross-check and we're not exactly starved for eligible D/ST.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

That's fair. Have to make dinner/do chores and stuff but should have my pick in a few hours.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1696616365937873403

well gently caress me i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

So the new Pats backup QB is eligible if he doesn't come via a trade. Just need a period of him being a proper free agent.