Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Real hurthling! posted:

what i dont get is if im supposed to sell and buy parts no consequence to make my mech why are they two separate menus it would be way better if i could just toggle the whole armory as either bought or in stock from one screen

yeah it'd be nice to pop into it instantly but it makes sense that the equipment menu would be different

i gotta take advantage of AC data a bit better so i can just easily swap between the builds im using the most. i'm thinking of making a super heavy tank build but i'm scared of giving up my ultralight frames and dodging pretty much anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Palladium posted:

are you telling me the player would be a robogod if it was a helicopter

Helicopters are too slow and vulnerable to ground fire.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

just got done with a shift at the getting my rear end wrecked by the sea spider factory

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

what i dont get is if im supposed to sell and buy parts no consequence to make my mech why are they two separate menus it would be way better if i could just toggle the whole armory as either bought or in stock from one screen

sorry bud they've been doing it this way since ac1 and they're not about to change it now

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

if you dont paint the scalps of everyone you fight in the arena on your mech why are you even playing this game

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

my guy is an absolute carny nightmare covered in arena scalps and custom mission patches

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Mr Hootington posted:

Yes. Fortnightmares is going to rock

they're turning what used to be a skillful endeavor into a child's game. i'm out

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The Underdark isn't as exciting as the forest and I find myself wanting to make a second character before finishing the first one to reclaim the high of the start of the game (I did this with Elden Ring too and eventually finished with both characters and almost a third)

I went barbarian the first time around because I've never played one in d&d and my instinct is to go rogue for char #2 (I go rogue all the time), but am willing to reconsider. Is there A Certain Build which is generally accepted as most fun or most broken or which I'd otherwise be missing out on if I didn't make one?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

There are no bard party members (other than Volo who I am beginning to suspect isn't actually playable) and no bard hirelings either (unless I missed one). Is Bard fun? What if I made like one of the jock bards that use swords

No Druids either, just yet anyway. I can't play as Halsin yet but he's gotta be playable eventually right???

e: or Monks or Paladins but those seem boring to roleplay as, or Rangers, but, Rangers

loquacius has issued a correction as of 03:06 on Aug 29, 2023

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Halsin is recruitable in act 2, and also (act 2-3) you can get Jaheira as a companion who is a far cooler druid

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

i like how the ac6 soundtrack turns into what sounds like a weird pulsey robot chorus during boss fights
wuhhhh ahhhhhhh uhhhh ahhhhhhhhhh

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

So far I haven't heard any good tracks from AC6.

I just want to cruise in the desert and listen to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvrovfkvhVA while blowing up giant tanks.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I think I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna make a sword bard. My barbarian is full of righteous anger and does the right thing but roars at people a lot; the sword bard will be full of joy and a big sweetheart who also fights with a sword. Thinkin elf. If you make a bard do you get to choose an instrument or do they all just kinda shout poetry like Volo?

e: seriously, roaring has solved a lot of problems for the barbarian

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

loquacius posted:

I think I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna make a sword bard. My barbarian is full of righteous anger and does the right thing but roars at people a lot; the sword bard will be full of joy and a big sweetheart who also fights with a sword. Thinkin elf. If you make a bard do you get to choose an instrument or do they all just kinda shout poetry like Volo?

e: seriously, roaring has solved a lot of problems for the barbarian

You get to choose an instrument and all your spellcasts/inspirations have a little sting from that instrument.

Also if you go lore there's a bunch of unique insults recorded for when you hit someone with cutting words. Vicious Mockery also, but who uses that

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
you get to choose an instrument, it's cool

i was a sword bard but decided to switch to caster bard, the sword moves you get are cool but it seems like they're basically always on cooldown (i'm still at lvl 4 so maybe this gets a lot better later)

caster bard is fun throwing buffs around and such and then making fun of somebody so bad they die

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Nice! Ok the sword bard can be a sweetheart but also a messy bitch who loves drama

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

here is a video of my build, I love how variable people can be in AC. I desperately held on to beat analysis here.

https://youtu.be/WEry2Lr3QF4?si=hWVFvjlX_RfsXSRG

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Hatebag posted:

just got done with a shift at the getting my rear end wrecked by the sea spider factory

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Lostconfused posted:

So far I haven't heard any good tracks from AC6.

I just want to cruise in the desert and listen to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvrovfkvhVA while blowing up giant tanks.

yeah the ac6 soundtrack is not very poppy. there's only one hook that's stood out to me and it's the robot chorus boss fight thing. seems to be a leitmotif because that choral hook is repeating throughout the game so far

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E49RcrNioQ&t=1215s

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

yeah, yeah, I'll get his rear end later. they call him a spider but he's only got 6 legs, it's bullshit!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Oceanic Beyblade

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Bards are great, you can get really catty about other bards lol also if you start playing any nearby bards will join in

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

if you roll a good perform npcs gather around you which is good for doing sneaky things with your other characters.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Steam Strategy game sale is up but the picking seem kinda slim - nothing jumped out at me. I was gonna pick up some Cities Skylines DLCs but they weren't included in the sale, which strikes me as off because this may well be their last chance to sell something before #2 is released.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Hatebag posted:

yeah the ac6 soundtrack is not very poppy. there's only one hook that's stood out to me and it's the robot chorus boss fight thing. seems to be a leitmotif because that choral hook is repeating throughout the game so far

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E49RcrNioQ&t=1215s

whoa hang on the ac6 cover art circle doodles are the same as the elden ring ones

clearly this is intentional and armored core takes place within the elden ringaverse.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

playing more of it ac6 is still mid

waiting for Elden Ring DLC

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

loquacius posted:

There are no bard party members (other than Volo who I am beginning to suspect isn't actually playable) and no bard hirelings either (unless I missed one). Is Bard fun? What if I made like one of the jock bards that use swords

No Druids either, just yet anyway. I can't play as Halsin yet but he's gotta be playable eventually right???

e: or Monks or Paladins but those seem boring to roleplay as, or Rangers, but, Rangers

bard or paladin is teh clear choice imo. bard for obvious dialogue and vengence paladin gotta have some renegade voice lines right?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

loquacius posted:

The Underdark isn't as exciting as the forest and I find myself wanting to make a second character before finishing the first one to reclaim the high of the start of the game (I did this with Elden Ring too and eventually finished with both characters and almost a third)

I went barbarian the first time around because I've never played one in d&d and my instinct is to go rogue for char #2 (I go rogue all the time), but am willing to reconsider. Is there A Certain Build which is generally accepted as most fun or most broken or which I'd otherwise be missing out on if I didn't make one?

theres a monk build that does 300damage per attack but you need to know what items to get

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i loved the Underdark, but everything looked just like my imagination memory of The Dark Elf trilogy that i read when I was like 12, so it was a perfect experience

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
The V.IV Rusty/Steel Haze theme rules.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5F0s1J0FDo

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Hatebag posted:

whoa hang on the ac6 cover art circle doodles are the same as the elden ring ones

clearly this is intentional and armored core takes place within the elden ringaverse.

so do you mod the mechs into elden ring, or do you mod elden ring into the mech game..........

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

WTF https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLB2KnAVli4

Fromsoftware just got slaughtered.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

here's my guy, in all his glory 🤡

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Hatebag posted:

AC6 takes place after the canon frenzied flame ending

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Hatebag posted:

that's not the actual ac6 cover art though

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

don't ruin the moment :ssh:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

its weird how the mission ends and fades to black for the victory but your controls get locked and the ai thats still alive gets to beat on you helplessly while its loading up the scoreboard

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

"Firearm specialization" seemed to help with keeping my targeting on enemy ACs in arena matches that jump around a lot. I was having an issue with my targeting snapping off of the enemy when they moved around too much, and equipping the arms with high firearm specialization seemed to help.

It's interesting to know that arms can also affect recoil, though. What exactly constitutes recoil in this? Is that when your mech is forced to stop when firing certain weapons (or charged shots)? Or does it also affect something like the consistency of your shots with the gatling gun?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

You have to stop firing because of the built in reload cool down on weapons. It applies to all weapons and you can see how long it takes to reload them by the bars around the aiming circle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Al! posted:

here's my guy, in all his glory 🤡

lol this owns

i havent spent that long on the editor because it's overwhelming in how powerful it is and i am but a feeble gamer cowering before the powers above me