Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Junpei posted:

I'm going to be completely honest and admit that this whole situation filled me with such mallaise that I haven't touched Limbus for a solid 3 weeks or so. I'm downloading the update now, trying to get back into things.

What about W Hong Lu's story? Any fascinating new tales of How hosed Up My Family Is? The K Corp story intrigued me about the idea that if Hong Lu's working for a Corp, it's because his family set it up for him because they want something out of the deal, and the alternate implication that if he's a Fixer or a Syndicate member it means he's a family dropout or got kicked out somehow.

My bet is that they're working with Faust somehow, and are sending Hong Lu to assist her somehow with whatever she's doing in a given timeline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

It's only the Final Battle once all the players are ready.

W Hong Lu is described as drifting along with what his family wanted until he landed in W Corp, which does make me wonder what the gently caress they're doing but doesn't add more info than we got in K Corp.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

so W Ryo impressions from this week's hard MD run:

+ clashes surprisingly well even just using her S1/2, S3 is obviously going to beat anything if it's online
+ hits decently hard and like a truck with Charge stocked
+ rare offensive pure slash type(that isn't rear end)
+ can contribute to fueling any of her EGO(especially Red Eyes) though she isn't entirely self-sufficient

- has difficulty getting enough Charge to fuel her skill's bonus requirements in a timely manner on her own
- is pretty much always going to have to sacrifice some amount of HP for S3 if you want to use it in a timely manner, though the cost is managable
- bad passives

p. good i'd say, fantastic in MD where EGO gifts can make up for her shortcomings and will easily find a spot on any Charge team

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Aug 24, 2023

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
New Hong Lu and her make a great pair. Assuming you burn some of her HP on an early usage or two, Hong Lu's buddy shields will hit her, and they grant Charge when they disappear (WARP Meursault also benefits, given that he wants to get hit for his passive to activate, and he gets more Charge for new U4 Power effects which is nice). WARP Faust can also help with her U4 passive randomly giving an ally a Charge here and there, though it's random.

A full WARP team looks really fun. Don and Ryoshu bring the damage, Meursault takes the hits, Hong Lu gives defense support, and Faust debuffs and provides extra Charge.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Got both the IDs here and the one E.G.O. I was still missing on my first 10 pull. Not bad!

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Kinda tempted to try the WARP team for MD2H, but I'm curious - aside from Don and Ryoshu, which of the W-Corp team would benefit most from UT4?

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Faust.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
Wmersault goes from complete garbage to downright usable, so probably him.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
I UT4'd W Faust so I could have a full W team earlier today and she was just absolute dead weight the whole way through. Completely incapable of winning clashes where W Hong Lu managed to win.

I'm probably using her wrong, but I found her unimpressive compared to L Faust.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Weursault benefits more from UT4 than W-Faust if you insist on full WARP Team imo, though Reursault is the better Charge identity he has at UT4 as a whole.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

RSault is probably best yeah, W Meur's debuffs are pretty underwhelming now(the defense down stacks look impressive but only amount to like 2 Fragile worth) while even without bleed IDs RSault can contribute tank-wise and hits fairly hard

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Man, grabbing the second Offense Level buff on the tree made Hard a bit smoother. Not effortless, god no, but I felt like clashes were a lot easier with that now on.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Junpei posted:

Man, grabbing the second Offense Level buff on the tree made Hard a bit smoother. Not effortless, god no, but I felt like clashes were a lot easier with that now on.

:same: you can actually clash with the lower floors with those, they help a ton

except the K Corp gank squad ofc, not much you can do against those guys

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Do you think that when Mirror Dungeon 3 drops, they'll say "Every bonus from the MD2 skill tree will still apply, there's just another skill tree to fill out with more bonuses" or "MD2 skill tree only applies for MD2, you have to fill out this identical one for MD3's bonuses to apply."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

I would assume that MD3 will have its own meta progression, likely with a different tree design/bonuses, but who knows.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
I hope the first.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Junpei posted:

Do you think that when Mirror Dungeon 3 drops, they'll say "Every bonus from the MD2 skill tree will still apply, there's just another skill tree to fill out with more bonuses" or "MD2 skill tree only applies for MD2, you have to fill out this identical one for MD3's bonuses to apply."

given how the bonuses have their own little spot below the MD i'm guessing each one would be seperate, otherwise new players would just have to go gently caress themselves when like MD7 or whatever is balanced around 7 seasons of starting buffs

e: though tbf "new players can go gently caress themselves" is the gacha standard so

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Aug 26, 2023

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
By the way, I have a minor lore theory regarding WARP, though admittedly it's mostly based on visuals.

So, we now know that L1/2/3 counts up rather than down in terms of competency (3 > 2, unlike Fixers where 1 > 2 in strength/competence).

Faust, Meursault and Hong Lu are L2s, while Don and Ryoshu are L3s. Notably, only Don and Ryoshu have the 'rip hole in space' visual effect on their most powerful attacks. The other three have electrical auras/effects on their weapons, but they don't really seem to interact with the stolen dimension tear Singularity at all, they're just taser weapons, broadly.

So I think you only get access to the Singularity-enhanced weapons on reaching L3 level. Retroactively, I think this indicates that Rose, Sen, and Lesti were all L3s due to their access to the Rip Space card.

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL

Junpei posted:

By the way, I have a minor lore theory regarding WARP, though admittedly it's mostly based on visuals.

So, we now know that L1/2/3 counts up rather than down in terms of competency (3 > 2, unlike Fixers where 1 > 2 in strength/competence).

Faust, Meursault and Hong Lu are L2s, while Don and Ryoshu are L3s. Notably, only Don and Ryoshu have the 'rip hole in space' visual effect on their most powerful attacks. The other three have electrical auras/effects on their weapons, but they don't really seem to interact with the stolen dimension tear Singularity at all, they're just taser weapons, broadly.

So I think you only get access to the Singularity-enhanced weapons on reaching L3 level. Retroactively, I think this indicates that Rose, Sen, and Lesti were all L3s due to their access to the Rip Space card.

Wasn't Sen on her first day out of training? I still haven't read any of the non-Don W Identities story but would that mean that everyone but Don and Ryoshu are still in training? Or am I missing something?

Talking about the LP, I hope that TeeQueue installed the no-grind mod, grinding Xiao (and distorted Yan) was maybe the most stressful-tedious thing I had to do in my playthrough, thank god both for the Mili's songs that made it bearable.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Junpei posted:

they seem to be customized somewhat per person, Ryoshu got to name hers anyway

i guess when someone on the cleanup crew's shown that they won't die or go insane easily it's worth investing in keeping them alive

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
1300 lunacy and a guaranteed 000 ticket just showed up in the mail for .5 year anniversary :confuoot:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I got Jack and poo poo from both so the game is still bad.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

r corp meursault and w corp ryoshu :toot:

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I got Jack and poo poo from both so the game is still bad.

Same >:[

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1973530/view/3684561242888467762

UI improvements. There's a brand new EGO menu with stat cards for each of your equipped EGO that pops up when you hold someone's portrait (instead of the five-point web thing with small icons and zero info), and the colors of clashes are changed - one-sided attacks in your favor are gold, one sided attacks against you are red, and clashes are white.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

another ticket to save. i'm still holding onto my S2 3 star ticket from the battle pass until farmwatch is out so I can minimize my chance of pulling sunshower heathcliff, and then cry when i pull sunshower heathcliff anyway

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
I was literally just considering burning mine so I can finally maybe get sunshower heathcliff myself.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Burned the anniversary Guaranteed 3O ticket and got K-Corp Hong Lu...but I'm having too much fun with W-Corp Hong Lu.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Meanwhile I'm just happy because the 1300 lunacy got me exactly 69 Ishmael shards. I have all her IDs except Liu Ishmael but I'm hoping to either get Ardor Blossom Star or more shards to dispense it with, so I'm not complaining.

I don't really like using the N Corp IDs so ofc I got N Corp Meur and The One Who Grips Faust from the three-star extraction pull. I guess they're good to collect at least?

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

PetraCore posted:

exactly 69 Ishmael shards.

Sounds nice-ish.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
I somehow have gathered all of the IDs and EGOs except W-Corp Hong-Lu using nothing but free shards so I'm saving my guaranteed pull ticket.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

I burnt the ticket (dupe) and the lunacy (the last EGO I was missing, one of the spider ryoshu ones) and decided that I had 1500 shard boxes and it was okay to just go and get Dueling Don and W Ryoshu because I wanted them. Have like 1200 shard boxes left so I feel like the gacha is pretty irrelevant.

That said if we don’t see some actual content soon I think there’s a risk the game is going to start falling off my care radar.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

I have everything, and in addition to that 10k+ Lunacy, a bunch of tickets (including this new one), 600+ Crates and 400 Thread just sitting about. This as somebody who has the Battlepass but hasn't really done that much grinding.

Maybe I should splurge in a couple more UT4s or something.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Verant posted:

Burned the anniversary Guaranteed 3O ticket and got K-Corp Hong Lu...but I'm having too much fun with W-Corp Hong Lu.

with the speed increase he turns the bull into a joke so he's got that going for him at least

also since Charge teams are enjoying their time in the sun rn quick PSA on R ishmael: her passive's drawback will kick in if what she's targeting dies before she can hit it or if a wave ends before she got to attack(i don't think it triggers if the fight ends though), it's not a big deal but it's something to remember if you see her suddenly at 30/15 SP even though you just crushed the poo poo out of an enemy group. My teams tend to be Gloom-heavy rn so it comes up now and again and I need to hold off on a skill so it doesn't activate.

e: pull-wise I'm missing most of the season 2 000s(I only have spicy Yi Sang) but i'm waiting until the inevitable end-of-season Farmwatch ID before I really go for those

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Aug 28, 2023

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

God, it is so fun to watch Farmwatch Dongrang flip around the battlefield, it's going to be amazing to have a Farmwatch EGO on our side.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
"oho" i chuckle as a red pull turns into a yellow pull, "time for me to play W Ryoshu"

it was TETH red eyes which is... ... ...fine?

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Yinlock posted:

with the speed increase he turns the bull into a joke so he's got that going for him at least

also since Charge teams are enjoying their time in the sun rn quick PSA on R ishmael: her passive's drawback will kick in if what she's targeting dies before she can hit it or if a wave ends before she got to attack(i don't think it triggers if the fight ends though), it's not a big deal but it's something to remember if you see her suddenly at 30/15 SP even though you just crushed the poo poo out of an enemy group. My teams tend to be Gloom-heavy rn so it comes up now and again and I need to hold off on a skill so it doesn't activate.

e: pull-wise I'm missing most of the season 2 000s(I only have spicy Yi Sang) but i'm waiting until the inevitable end-of-season Farmwatch ID before I really go for those

It does, or at least it did a few weeks ago when I did MH2D with R Ishmael. :v:

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I'm mostly missing stuff from my haitus: the two new Zweis, WARP Ryoshu, Rhino Meursault, Cinq Don, Blade Lineage Sinclair, Red Eyes (Open) Ryoshu, Dimension Shredder Hong Lu, and I still don't have Grosshammer Meursault but I can't shard him until next Season.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me
So I got with the ticket: Sunshower Heathcliff, NCorp Faust, Reindeer Ishmael and Rosepanner Gregor.

I also did a regular pull and got Wishing Cairn Yi Sang so that's neat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Junpei posted:

I'm mostly missing stuff from my haitus: the two new Zweis, WARP Ryoshu, Rhino Meursault, Cinq Don, Blade Lineage Sinclair, Red Eyes (Open) Ryoshu, Dimension Shredder Hong Lu, and I still don't have Grosshammer Meursault but I can't shard him until next Season.

Thankfully gameplay-wise DS Hong Lu is probably the only must-have out of those since you have K Hong Lu who uh kinda renders poor Meursault's IDs unnecessary outside of specific teams. The poor man can't catch a break

Of course R/N Meur aren't bad by any means(I use R Meur rn), it's just funny that when tanking finally gets it's day in the sun Hong Lu gets a better tank ID right beforehand and steals his spot