Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
There is an old saying in Davern -- "happy wife, happy life." Choose the puffy dress and give our dear queen and princess the best royal wedding possible! Besides, it's the name of the update, we have to pick it :v:

Both targets seem important, but I recommend sending General Stan to the west.

And I concur that the peasant should try the medicine and report the effects to the court if possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
Send Stan West, that post is too close to the roads and we should prevent any invasions from taking advantage of them.

Give the medicine, it's meant to be used as a cure.

Get the middle priced dress, the puffy dress should have been planned and budgeted for ahead of time if the queen really desired it.

nonrev
Jul 15, 2012

Puffy dress
Give Medicine
Send Stan West

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!
I'll leave the voting up until the end of the day when I finish work.

The next week will be a quiet one with the wedding happening.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Old Dress. It has seen better days, but then again, so have we. We are not yet ceding our throne to some puffy young prince, are we? Let the old things serve while they can.

Stan should go NORTH, for it is a hungry direction.

Rogue AI Goddess fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Aug 28, 2023

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Puffy Dress, please.

Send Stan West.

Try giving the medicine.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!
The results are in:

Post North - 4
Post West - 10

Medicine - 12
Go to the woods - 1

Puffy - 6
Middle - 5
Old - 3

GunnerJ posted:

...what was this about?

This is Lord Pietro, he seems to enjoy visiting our castle.

Update 04 posted:

Your Grace, I fear for my life. I think someone is trying to get me.

What's going on?

I think... I think someone is following me. They want me dead...

Who's 'they'?

I don't know! How would I know? I haven't done anything, right? I better be going...

Update 11 posted:

Your Grace, I think... I know, that they are after me.

Who are you talking about?

Yesterday... When I went to bed, someone was in my room. They moved the candles... They left them on the window sill. I never leave my candles on the window sill... Your Grace...

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012

quote:

Puffy - 6
Middle - 5
Old - 3

Your Grace, which dress has won? Surely not the Puffy one!

We feared the Radovians and bandits would raid our villages, but in the end, our treasury has been seized from within by the greedy wedding planners!

No more, I say! We have spent enough!

If taken as a spectrum, the Middle dress is the winner and the sensible choice!

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I don't want to vote for anything but I think it's telling that the visiting king only cares about the vows.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

NeoRonTheNeuron posted:

Your Grace, which dress has won? Surely not the Puffy one!

We feared the Radovians and bandits would raid our villages, but in the end, our treasury has been seized from within by the greedy wedding planners!

No more, I say! We have spent enough!

If taken as a spectrum, the Middle dress is the winner and the sensible choice!

The Puffy one won and now the castle is on its second mortgage.

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
Oh dear, the Bank always wins...

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (16) Week Eight Summary

Council Meeting

Welcome back from our short interlude. It looks like someone has taken the last scone while we were out, I was looking forward to that when I got back! If I find out who it was I'll... send Stan to a post forthwith. Have we decided which one we're going to send him to?

Black Robe: Let us send the good General to the north. Better safe than sorry.

Slaan: My holdings to the North require, nay, DESERVE protection from the General. The King has put off his duties as Liegelord to myself long enough to take care of the peasants.

TheDavies: Send Stan north.

FoolyCharged: Send Stan West, I hear there's gold in them there hills and we need it to pay for the dress.

SimplyUnknown1: Now that we have our general back, we should send him to the fort closest to one of our roads. Send Stan west.

wedgekree: Voting for West for Stan.

jkq: Send Stan to the west post, it looks like it's closer to the road. Wouldn't want the guests to get attacked on the way to the wedding.

Kanthulhu: West village

Bregor: Both targets seem important, but I recommend sending General Stan to the west.

Level Seven: Send Stan West, that post is too close to the roads and we should prevent any invasions from taking advantage of them.

nonrev: Send Stan West

Rogue AI Goddess: Stan should go NORTH, for it is a hungry direction.

Quackles: Send Stan West.

We shall send Stan west. Everyone deserves protecting Slaan, if your holdings are attacked we will retaliate. We are spread thin enough as it is. I'm hoping that the King employs another General as soon as this wedding is over and done with. Now, what shall we do about the village and her sick father?

Slaan: She can go find her own witch in the woods. The realm has better things to do than take care of a single I'll peasant.

jkq: Give her the medicine, but warn her that it's an unknown thing.

Quackles: Try giving the medicine.

Level Seven: Give the medicine, it's meant to be used as a cure.

Bregor: I concur that the peasant should try the medicine and report the effects to the court if possible.

Kanthulhu: Give the medicine

nonrev: Give Medicine

TheDavies: Give her the medicine -- if we hold onto it for too long, it will likely go bad before it can help anyone, if it can help anyone.

wedgekree: Give medicine. Why not?

SimplyUnknown1: Give her the medicine. If we don't trust it ourselves, we might as well give it to someone who can use it. Besides, it can't be worse than anything else this family has tried already.

FoolyCharged: Give the woman the medicine. We have a bird in the hand here to try it on. Let's not wait for one in the bush.

Black Robe: I still do not trust that snake oil salesman, and since we are seeking a witch, we should hold on to the medicine and let her examine it. But it sounds like time is of the essence for this fellow; gold won't do him any good and we may not be able to find a healer in time, so let him test the medicine and hope for a good result. It can't make him any worse, after all.

There is only one way to know if this medicine actually works. If this man is at deaths door any way and it doesn't work then nothing has changed. All we can do is test it out and we will deal with what follows. The last order of business is this wedding dress, let me hear your thoughts.

Black Robe: Whilst I am (thankfully) not married myself, I was under the impression that the bride usually chooses her own dress...? Or at least tries them on beforehand to pick one that fits?

Ever since Princess Lorsulia was told about the wedding she has locked herself in her room. Queen Aurelea has very kindly taken it upon herself to do all of the bridal duties while the Princess was isolating herself. Princess Lorsulia has come to her senses just in time for the wedding but it's now too late for her to make these decisions for herself. Besides, this wedding is being paid out of the kingdom's treasury and we really need to make sure that we're not going to go bankrupt in doing so.

Bregor: There is an old saying in Davern -- "happy wife, happy life." Choose the puffy dress and give our dear queen and princess the best royal wedding possible!

TheDavies: Middle ground -- we should not go into debt, but given the expense we have already endured to decorate this wedding, dressing the bride so humbly is inconsistent.

Rogue AI Goddess: Old Dress. It has seen better days, but then again, so have we. We are not yet ceding our throne to some puffy young prince, are we? Let the old things serve while they can.

Black Robe: I suppose we wish to look prosperous, but going into debt to fund a wedding seems foolish. The 'middle ground one' looks fine to me, although I am hardly an expert.

SimplyUnknown1: Pick the middle dress. She is our princess and her wedding dress will make a statement whether we want it to or not. There's no need to beggar ourselves, but the dress should at least be presentable.

BassMug: I concur with SimplyUnknown. I’d like to add, not that I am our most fashionable member, but the puffy dress simply would not go with a serious and dignified woman like our princess Lorsulia. Too frivolous, too fairy-tale, too poofy! Ugh! …Dear me, I need to lie down…

nonrev: Puffy dress.

Quackles: Puffy Dress, please.

Kanthulhu: Puffy Dress.

Slaan: Hmph, I agree with our new ally. Who cares for the frills when the vow and finances are all that matter? The old dress shall suffice

Level Seven: Get the middle priced dress, the puffy dress should have been planned and budgeted for ahead of time if the queen really desired it.

jkq: Get the puffy dress, the Queen has already approved going into debt for it, and will be angry otherwise!

wedgekree: Get the Old dress. It doesn't cost anything, we have everything for the wedding already - the bride doesn't need anything else to look fancy. Why buy an expenise dress that will only be used once? Any fashion will be forgotten within a week. All visitors will care about is the event - so long as we leave a good impression with them, then that's all that matters. Plus the princess is not looking forwards to the wedding, so it's no real huge deal with her base don how it goes. this is a political wedding. We've gotten the event fully setup. No need to put more effort into it when the event is finished and we hve nothing else to gain as far as impressing visitors, etc. Any short term benefit is of little consequence. So, old dress.

FoolyCharged: Buy the big poofy dress. What is the financial stability of the kingdom compared to finding the king beaten senseless by his wife and child?

Some very powerful opinions and some varying opinions. The votes for this one were a close call and the puffy dress won this one by a single vote. We don't have the finances to buy the dress outright so we will need to take out a loan to buy it. This is a dress that's fit for royalty and this is going to be a royal wedding, I'm sure that Lorsulia will look absolutely fabulous at the wedding. I'm going to call an end to this meeting now. The wedding preparations are complete and the throne room is almost fully decorated. I will see you all there for the ceremony, with no excuses and no exceptions. The King's daughter will be married in the morrow and this will be an event that will be remembered through the ages. Good night, everyone, and thank you for your assistance once again.

Thank you for your patience. I have this medicine... This should help your father. It's something stronger, that you wouldn't find on a rural stall.

Really? That will probably help! Thank you, Your Grace. Papa, here I come!

What do you say, then? THIS is the one, correct?

Yes, definitely the puffy one. I won't skimp on my daughter's wedding!

Yesssss, Lorsulia is going to LOVE this one. And we don't have to pay anything! Well... At least for now.

End Of Week Eight!

Archives

Paranoid Lord

Lorsulia

Aurelea

Radovia Raided a Village

A Thief in Disguise

Sick Father

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

It's slightly annoying that we have the finances to buy the wedding now the week is over, it would have been nice to have the option to buy the wedding outright even if it does mean a minus figure there and then. If any of our resources go into the minus at the end of the week then it means game over but we could have easily covered it at the end of the week. The next week will be composed entirely of the royal wedding so there will be no voting in the next update. There will be some new mechanics introduced after the wedding, one of them will surely please some people.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

There will be some new mechanics introduced after the wedding, one of them will surely please some people.

More cats!?!? :3:

BassMug
Jul 19, 2022

There will be some new mechanics introduced after the wedding, one of them will surely please some people.

Sweet, we’re getting a fishing minigame!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Finally, a fashion mini game

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

BassMug posted:

Sweet, we’re getting a fishing minigame!

Slaan posted:

Finally, a fashion mini game

It can be both!

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Both, with cats.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
So you dangle a cat over the castle wall, held aloft by a long rope. You lower it into the surrounding moat and pull in any fish it manages to hold onto. You have to be quick, so it doesn't eat the fish before you bring it up. Also, too heavy a fish, and the rope will break. Once you have secured the fish, you have the option to spend on lavish costumes to dress up the fish in to win some kind of popularity contest.

jkq
Nov 26, 2022

CzarChasm posted:

So you dangle a cat over the castle wall, held aloft by a long rope. You lower it into the surrounding moat and pull in any fish it manages to hold onto. You have to be quick, so it doesn't eat the fish before you bring it up. Also, too heavy a fish, and the rope will break. Once you have secured the fish, you have the option to spend on lavish costumes to dress up the fish in to win some kind of popularity contest.

Also the QTE's to avoid getting mauled by the cat.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Once we hit the mid-game, we find a witch who can bake magic cookies to turn the entire royal family into cats.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Woah, don't spoil too much!

BassMug
Jul 19, 2022

Bregor posted:

Once we hit the mid-game, we find a witch who can bake magic cookies to turn the entire royal family into cats.

The important question is: what kind of cookies?

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (17) The Wedding

Ugh... I hate this dress.

Ekhem! I'm overwhelmed by the beauty of my... Um, new wif- wife here. I'll enjoy the company, I'm sure. And... um...

Ah, drat it.

Can someone help the young prince? It's just nervousness, that's all.

Oh, no need, no need... I'm up...

Um, like I said! Company, my wife. Yes. Umm... Here's to that!

Forgive me, I-I.. Um. Father said I should make some kind of speech. I wasn't sure what t-to say... I hope I didn't offend you... You look... Well, that's a big dress...

Oh...

Ivo... He's a good lad. I wouldn't let you marry someone inappropriate. You know that, right, Lorsulia?

A bit clumsy, to be sure, but he will grow out of that.

Mhm...

YOUR GRACE! Men from Radovia!

You didn't manage to clear their posts? I hope this is nothing serious...

A nearby village was raided! They've kidnapped the blacksmith's children!

We'll deal with this later. I'll have my general check this out as soon as I have time.

Yes, Your Grace.

I will be on my way. If you will excuse me...

Talys! About the Radovians...

This seals the deal, Eryk. You get the army, I get full access to the archives.

I wasn't sure if you would honor our bargain, Eryk.

I'm a man of my word.

Well, I suppose you are.

I looked for him everywhere! I've stirred up every pot! Even in the kitchen!

Don't worry - we'll find him, Cedani.

This salad looks surprisingly flavorsome! What is it, a Caladese recipe?

Pff... look at that dress. I wonder how the young Prince will find anything in the midst of it!

These snails are extremely undercooked! Tfu!

What snails? That's not part of the menu!

SMUUUUUUUUDGE!

Listen, I think I've wasted... Ahem. I've spent enough time with the guests. I really need to get back to the archives, so if you don't mind, I will take my leave, Eryk.

Talys, ha! Your Grace! Leaving so early? Toast! Toast! Drink at least one more with us!

See?! Perfect timing, Your Grace!

Ehh, will I get some peace after that? To the young couple!

COUGH! COUGH!

Eryk! Do something!

Help him!

You heard the King! Go, go, go!

He is not.. Is he?

Father?!

YOUR GRACE!

FATHER?!

I... I... How could you?! Eryk... How could you ever allow for this to happen?!

Eryk, you have accommodated us in your castle, which we are grateful for but this?! This is beyond our beliefs. You have failed as a host, and are responsible for the events of tonight. The King of Atana, Talys, is dead! Ivo, you're Talys' only son. You have no choice but to take the burden of the crown upon yourself. Go ahead, Ivo.

Eryk... I can't believe this. You leave me no choice. As the new King of Atana my first order is to... Withhold the armies that my father promised to you. And I will not be paying for your agents!

Eryk, the King of Davern, you are responsible for Talys' death, unless otherwise can be proven upon a royal trial!

Until then, Davern WILL NOT receive support from Atana. Lorsulia, pack your things. We're taking my father home.

Wait! No! You can't do that!

Your Grace, the wedding is over. The vows were said. The marriage still stands.

Have courage, my darling.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 23:24 on May 12, 2024

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Well, gently caress.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Don't worry, the poofy dress will save us!

...wait, it just ran off. poo poo.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Could really use that 50 gold we wasted on a stupid dress to deal with this

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

I really love how the poofy dress did gently caress all except make everyone call us an idiot for buying it.

A+ purchase would totally buy it again.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Yeah, figured the dress was coming. So now we have a loan to pay off too!

Given what happens with the wedding, you aren't obligated to have to get anything for it and can save all the money. Tha'ts purely metagaming mind

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
Terrible wedding. Terrible waste of resources. Imagine if we could've saved Talys with the special medicine.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

I'm guessing this is one of those "But thou must." moments where the game just makes something happen for Reasons.

Either that or Talys is very allergic to snails :v:

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

This is all part of the main plot. Talys dies, Smudge gets eaten and Lorsulia gets whisked away.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
RIP Smudge.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

PurpleXVI posted:

RIP Smudge.

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
Very rude.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

I don't know what you're all complaining about. As weddings go, this one was downright peaceful. No massacres. Only one casualty, and he might not even die! Oh, I could tell you stories...

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Black Robe posted:

I don't know what you're all complaining about. As weddings go, this one was downright peaceful. No massacres. Only one casualty, and he might not even die! Oh, I could tell you stories...

He's dead, Jim. Talys and Smudge are ascending to the afterlife together.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

In my defence, we did pay for some good wine.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I'm hoping to have the next update ready for tonight or tomorrow morning at the latest. This is going to be the biggest update so far and there's going to be a lot of changes to the game going forward. Most of the hard work has been done, with the images and transcribing mostly completed. I need to go back so I can go through a few things again to make sure that I'm not missing anything and/or screwing things over unintentionally. I also need to fine tune a few other things and work out how I'm going to present things to the council as there are a lot of things to talk about along with the new mechanics of the game.

The real Yes, Your Grace starts here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bregor
May 31, 2013

The real Yes, Your Grace starts here.

:doit: