Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Also, you're all forgetting that Kashtira zone lock shenanigans are EXACTLY the sort of nonsense I love in this game.

My favorite kinds of decks are the weird puzzles that force the opponent to play sideways. A 10-zone lock is way too much, but I love hearing 'oh this deck can just make your opponent play with only half their zones'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Cleretic posted:

Also, you're all forgetting that Kashtira zone lock shenanigans are EXACTLY the sort of nonsense I love in this game.

My favorite kinds of decks are the weird puzzles that force the opponent to play sideways. A 10-zone lock is way too much, but I love hearing 'oh this deck can just make your opponent play with only half their zones'.

The problem is that it isn't really a puzzle, it's "lock all the backrow" or "lock all the frontrow" and they don't play at all (the former is really really really good at stopping any sort of pendulum deck if you can heads up your opponent strategy).

Magical Musket is a weird puzzle, Kashtira is a full on one person doesn't get to play the game at all strategy at full power (and even now if they get enough locks is probably not actually a puzzle to get past).

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
I've played against Kash exactly once outside of casual in Master Duel, and I wasted my one handtrap on the wrong card and started my turn with two zones locked, a third of my deck banished, and staring down monsters that would banish and lock more zones if I played anything that wasn't a board wipe. Which were all inconvienently banished.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Pot of Extravagance getting semi-limited is the only one of those changes that doesn't make sense to me. It's just a minor consistency hit, right? Since the third one's only going to ever have half-effect anyways. If it was worth limiting, why not limit to 1?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Neo_Crimson posted:

Wonder why they're picking now to ban Rhongo, it's not very meta relevant anymore.

Doesn't have to be meta relevant. Just means now we don't have to worry about asshats winning by stalling with a Sales Ban'd Rhongo. Same with that stupid Bisbalkin FTK.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Big Welcome + Lady are like Branded Fusion + Mirrorjade in terms of how much they enhance their respective deck. Much more powerful boss, easier setups and a whole new angle of interaction since Lady can get any normal trap from your deck and Cooclock lets you use it immediately (which you can get to with either Welcome). So if your opponent is on a deck that loses to Dimensional Barrier the game just ends immediately.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
I'd like to know which Master Duel developers Spright Elf has incriminating pictures of.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Bold of konami to think banning merrli will make me stop playing tears

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Jet to 1 seems like way too small of a Spright hit given how powerful the deck is right now.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Yeah, as someone who has played a lot of vanilla Spright over the past six months and is currently learning Tri-Brigade Spright, I feel like Swap Frog to 1 actually hurts more than Jet to 1. Basically every banlist since March, I expect Spright Elf to go at least to 1, if not just outright banned. The card is just far too generic. It has that inherent design flaw where any future deck that uses any kind of level/rank/link 2 monsters will be able to throw it in as a powerful combo piece.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
nooooo my extravs

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Feels Villeneuve posted:

nooooo my extravs

Floo player detected. :colbert:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

TaurusOxford posted:

Floo player detected. :colbert:

i'm not a meta sheep. i built a lab deck

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i'm not a meta sheep. i built a lab deck
:rimshot:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Lord_Magmar posted:

They straight up cannot do the 10 zone lock with the current support.

No Kashtira totally can do 10-zone lock now. That relies on Diablosis, which is in the game and is at 3.

What they're missing to be really crazy is their boss monster, field spell, and Kashtiratheosis.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

You can but I think you have to hard open 3 or 4 specific cards?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
it's not reliable and tends to happen on like turn 5

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, you normally don't even lock any zones turn 1 and extending to the point of getting a couple just does not feel worth it.

It could matter Turn 3 where you can handily lock all the monster zones, but you've already cleared the board and all your opponent's interaction by then anyway. So it doesn't feel as egregious.

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

Well hey, with this banlist, Dragon Link's looking drat solid, and I only need to craft 2 URs to have that deck back up and running on my part so even better.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Neo_Crimson posted:

No Kashtira totally can do 10-zone lock now. That relies on Diablosis, which is in the game and is at 3.

What they're missing to be really crazy is their boss monster, field spell, and Kashtiratheosis.

They can technically do the 10-zone lock so long as they have Shangri-la and ways to banish cards yes. BUT, not the way they were doing it that got cards banned, which was on turn one or two consistently every game.

That was the problem, at full power they were consistently locking 7-10 zones in 1 or 2 turns (their own, and then their opponent).

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
So is there a good list I can copy for current Labrynth? I've got a Runick/Naturia deck that I've already got mostly complete and came with a handy explanation of what the thing does, but I have no idea what a good Labrynth deck looks like, and if you don't know that, then evidently all Labrynth decks I can find look like messy piles of disconnected traps.

Naturia having some important playmakers that are too new to be in their secret pack is just mean.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Cleretic posted:

So is there a good list I can copy for current Labrynth? I've got a Runick/Naturia deck that I've already got mostly complete and came with a handy explanation of what the thing does, but I have no idea what a good Labrynth deck looks like, and if you don't know that, then evidently all Labrynth decks I can find look like messy piles of disconnected traps.

Most Labrynth decks fall into two categories: furniture (hand traps) and stun (very oppressive traps). Which one you want to play depends on what you want to do, but all Labrynth decks ultimately capitalize on strong generic trap cards aside from the trap cards that summon Labrynth monsters to the field.

Furniture core: https://www.masterduelmeta.com/saved-decks/64aad1e7dea6bd8b0210af66

Stun core: https://www.masterduelmeta.com/saved-decks/64aad20ddea6bd8b0210b14f

The traps or other cards (e.g. Bystial) to add will be based on what you face on the ladder and you trying to stop their plays.

Cleretic posted:

Naturia having some important playmakers that are too new to be in their secret pack is just mean.

The newest Labrynth cards came with the secret pack, so Konami could have added the new naturia cards to the naturia secret pack, but they did not because of money.

Skios posted:

Yeah, as someone who has played a lot of vanilla Spright over the past six months and is currently learning Tri-Brigade Spright, I feel like Swap Frog to 1 actually hurts more than Jet to 1. Basically every banlist since March, I expect Spright Elf to go at least to 1, if not just outright banned. The card is just far too generic. It has that inherent design flaw where any future deck that uses any kind of level/rank/link 2 monsters will be able to throw it in as a powerful combo piece.

You could always play Fur Hire Runick Spright. It has been unhit by the upcoming list.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

girl dick energy posted:

Pot of Extravagance getting semi-limited is the only one of those changes that doesn't make sense to me. It's just a minor consistency hit, right? Since the third one's only going to ever have half-effect anyways. If it was worth limiting, why not limit to 1?

It really is just a minor consistency hit. The point of these kinds of hits is to make it so you see it less often, and limiting it to one means you see it even less often. If you don't want to hit a card too hard and just make the deck running it a little brickier, a semilimit is reasonable.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

It takes the card from 1/3 chance of opening T1 to 1/5. (40 card deck)

Not that huge a drop but prospi is more a backup card in case your hand sucks so its not a big hit to more consistent decks, that can compensate for its loss and used it as a win harder card, but it is a hit to less consistent ones that are likelier to brick, or that overly rely on specific starters.

I will say Im a fan of hitting advantage cards that see too much play, as a way to refresh deck building amd encourage alternatives.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Aug 24, 2023

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Generally speaking, hits to consistency cards do more damage to janky rogue decks than meta ones, though, right? Since if your deck is already bricky, you kind of need that extra consistency to get to your playmakers reliably, while if you're playing something like Kashtira or Branded or Swordsoul, you'll just play something else and keep on trucking.

(I say this both as a Dinos player and as a Swordsoul Tenyi player.)

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

The prospi hit means that decks that don't use the extra deck at all don't get to look at 15 cards over the course of the game to dig for answers, and decks that do sometimes want their extra deck have less flexibility in how they use the card.

Sure you probably just go 6/6/3, but sometimes you might have wanted to go 3/6/6 etc so now you have to go 6/6 on both to get the "best use" out of the card rather than the flexibility of having all three.

Prosperity is a lot of card selection for not a lot of deck building cost in some decks, this makes the top end of it lower.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
New selection pack:

New banlist update:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I've put together a Labrynth deck, and I'm happy to see it's exactly the level of weird bullshit I like. It's VERY funny to just constantly have stupid plays.

Granted, I haven't really figured out how to make it good. I feel like I should have a way to stop Branded Branded-ing all over my poo poo, but I couldn't find it when I needed it.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Cleretic posted:

I've put together a Labrynth deck, and I'm happy to see it's exactly the level of weird bullshit I like. It's VERY funny to just constantly have stupid plays.

Granted, I haven't really figured out how to make it good. I feel like I should have a way to stop Branded Branded-ing all over my poo poo, but I couldn't find it when I needed it.

You are looking for Dimensional Barrier, Skill Drain, or Eradicator Epidemic Virus to name a few things to stop their plays.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Yeah you want a turn 1 setup where you can search out D Barrier and Cooclock to almost always win the game against Branded. Usually that means Lady plus either one of the Welcome Labrynth traps

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
New solo gate:

New secret pack:

New selection pack:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
SO close to 94%

https://twitter.com/MasterDuelSite/status/1696446136213545143

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
maxx c is epic

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

That faint sound you hear is HardLegGaming screaming his pure, unrestrained anguish into the deaf ears of a cold, uncaring void.

I've started to realize I don't even use Maxx C. with the expectation of it actually doing anything. It's just a canary in the coal mine to weed out an Ash Blossom before I throw out the actual playmakers in one of the 'gently caress your turn, I'm setting up during it' decks that I end up playing.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

i yearn for maximum c

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
I dusted my maxx c. I only play TCG legal cards, format be damned. Maxx c has never stopped me, and never will!! Except for when I played adamancipator. Block dragon kicked rear end lol

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
New Master Duel duelist cup in October:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I've been playing around with this generaider list I found on MD Meta and it's shockingly great?

Like the Sunavalon combo is multiple 1 card combos that summons mardel from deck which gets you loptr or Boss stage if you don't have one or the other, and if you Dai into Loci it doesn't even cost your Normal summon.

Shockingly fun list

https://www.masterduelmeta.com/top-decks/master-i/august-2023/generaider/sb-the-great/gcWxs

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Sep 2, 2023

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
New selection pack:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
it's cat time mother fuckers