Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

RandomPauI posted:

Todays TAZ, solid intro, solid ending, won't say anything more for spoilers

Agreed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
the ending better be loving good to make up for the rest of the episode

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
yeah, okay!!

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

goblin week posted:

the ending better be loving good to make up for the rest of the episode

Bam!

goblin week posted:

yeah, okay!!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:twisted:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Since nobody has mentioned it: the bros have been doing youtube livestreams where they play Super Mario World with one handling movement, one handling running and grabbing, and one handling jumping. On Tuesday they’re going to beat Bowser. I hope they or a third party put together stream highlights because I’m not really into full stream vods.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6ZSzxHnaiA

Hogheads where you at???

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

lol Clint rules

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I just don't know where the Krystal with a K stuff is meant to be heading. Are they going to meet her at some point?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
It's a reference to all the Disney Parks bloggers that exist.

I don't know if it will "go anywhere" but I think it's just a fun detail Justin wanted to add some flavor.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

She is a nice thematic sub-in for the episode recaps

But she's been a lot less practical and relevant since they got to New Kidadelphia

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Zero One posted:

It's a reference to all the Disney Parks bloggers that exist.

I don't know if it will "go anywhere" but I think it's just a fun detail Justin wanted to add some flavor.

Yeah Justin I thought said that explicitly

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
The flavor on the recaps is a lift from Friends at the Table, which often uses news reports, YELP reviews, and other man-on-the-street routines as a fun contrivance.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I meant more with last week's in particular since she sounded super ominous

But I'd still just take a straight recap at the start of the show, especially when there's two weeks between episodes

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

They’ve done similar “cracks” in the fourth wall there before so this isn’t too new. Justin also has seemingly retired the creaky dude or whatever it is as well.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

MysticalMachineGun posted:

I meant more with last week's in particular since she sounded super ominous

This is the third or fourth one where Krystal with a K has died or come close to dying

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Sockser posted:

This is the third or fourth one where Krystal with a K has died or come close to dying

It's like nobody ever told her when to stop dreaming

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Warbird posted:

They’ve done similar “cracks” in the fourth wall there before so this isn’t too new. Justin also has seemingly retired the creaky dude or whatever it is as well.

Lmao if you think we've heard the last of the creaky man

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

The cyber grandpa is a pivotal character

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
I like Krystal with a K as she (or possibly a hardlight copy) constantly has to defend Dentonic over their terrible mistakes/coverups.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

"has to" implies she doesn't want to

Y'ever met a ride or die Disney fan?

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Cyber man will come back because it's the Walt Disney equivalent and the final heist will be stealing his brain which is used to run the park

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

This is extremely random but I was just in Starbucks and they were playing a hiphop song that heavily sampled the first Adventure Zone theme

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

change my name posted:

This is extremely random but I was just in Starbucks and they were playing a hiphop song that heavily sampled the first Adventure Zone theme

Isn’t that just Mort Garson?

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

inferis posted:

Isn’t that just Mort Garson?

Also possible, I don't know how much Griffin sampled for that theme

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

change my name posted:

Also possible, I don't know how much Griffin sampled for that theme

The entire song

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
My song is also named Mort.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

inferis posted:

The entire song

Oh really? I always thought he did all the music for adventure zone for some reason

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Weird Pumpkin posted:

Oh really? I always thought he did all the music for adventure zone for some reason

He started with Crystal Kingdom.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

goblin week posted:

He started with Crystal Kingdom.

IIRC he may have also done a cue for the very end of Petals to the Metal. I vaguely remember hearing some original music during one of the wrap-up moments of that arc that sounded very much like his writing vibes.

Nowadays I think he only does theme music and they outsource incidental music while they're playing

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Yeah the original Adventure Zone theme was a bangin moog track called Deja Vu by Ataraxia, which was a pseudonym for Mort Garson

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Heard a song on the radio and I swear it sounded just like the old mbmbam theme song

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
ABBA's a pretty famous band, I'm not surprised.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

inferis posted:

Heard a song on the radio and I swear it sounded just like the old mbmbam theme song

was it familiar

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

change my name posted:

This one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7wyEDPgNSQ

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Very disappointed that in the latest TAZ griffins extremely bad roll of 1-1-1-5 got ignored in favor of the single 5. Is that a BITD rule or their doing? Is rolling double 1s not a thing?

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Sankis posted:

Very disappointed that in the latest TAZ griffins extremely bad roll of 1-1-1-5 got ignored in favor of the single 5. Is that a BITD rule or their doing? Is rolling double 1s not a thing?

Yeah basically all rolls are with advantage; only your highest die counts. That way, adding more dice increases your chances of a higher number

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Oh I thought there may have been a double 1 thing like I think there's double 6 in BITD. Shame, because that would have been a monumentally bad roll.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

There is a double 6 crit, I think it gives you a free point in one stat?

It's happened maybe twice in the campaign

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?

Sankis posted:

Oh I thought there may have been a double 1 thing like I think there's double 6 in BITD. Shame, because that would have been a monumentally bad roll.

BitD has critical successes but not failures - the degree of your failures are dictated by your positioning. So if you're in a desperate position the consequences of loving up are much worse than if you're acting from a controlled position.