Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Vasudus posted:

That stuff always tickles me because the gear isn't going to really help a bad player. Like I've got no qualms about throwing down cash on shameless F2P grabs if the mood suites me but doing RMT for Tarkov is just comical.

That said, I would probably pay like a dollar at this point for an Awl. I've spent most of my day on Interchange trying to find one. No dice on being able to build a shitter but I have a growing collection of kitted out UMP45s from players.

edit: bitching always works. Found an Awl on my next raid.

Welcome to Tarkov bud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

streetlamp
May 7, 2007

Danny likes his party hat
He does not like his banana hat

BSG is giving away some free tattoos at gamescom lol

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Any word on how Arena is from Gamescon?

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

Pre-orders just went up for it, so it seems it might come...uhh, somewhat soon.

https://arena.tarkov.com/

streetlamp
May 7, 2007

Will EFT be a forever beta? Would be cool to have a release version before another BSG beta.
Any word from anyone who got to see the Arena demo yet?

e: No release date or anything so just an announcement of something they already announced

streetlamp fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Aug 24, 2023

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
I have a feeling as soon as arena is released with all it's inevitable bugs and problems it's just going to make the already glacial pace of the main game development come to a crashing halt.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

I have a feeling as soon as arena is released with all it's inevitable bugs and problems it's just going to make the already glacial pace of the main game development come to a crashing halt.

Guess we're not escaping from Tapkob after all. :v:

Which is a bummer since you have two finale locations if you wanted: Labs or Terminal. Maybe make it so Labs final escape is USEC only and Terminal final escape is BEAR only.

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Nah, it will be like H1Z1. First they promise a wilderness survival game on a huge map, then add a BR mode, then sell cosmetic crates for the BR mode, then they'll split it up into two different executables with separate development teams, then they'll sunset the survival mode beta, then they'll sunset the BR mode.

The Clap
Sep 21, 2006

currently training to kill God

Hazamuth posted:

Pre-orders just went up for it, so it seems it might come...uhh, somewhat soon.

https://arena.tarkov.com/

Lol they can't even be bothered to include a date for anything they're selling. No date for the "Closed Beta", no date for the actual release of the game, nothing. But of course they're happy to take your money in exchange for... the ability to play a game at some point.

It's a bummer that such an incompetent dev managed to put together the best gunplay in the industry because this is just silly.

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

It is not exactly a losing proposition for the company if they can get pre-orders for a title which they haven't released a concrete date yet. Considering that they were on Gamescom, showing the build, it is very likely within a year.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Hazamuth posted:

It is not exactly a losing proposition for the company if they can get pre-orders for a title which they haven't released a concrete date yet. Considering that they were on Gamescom, showing the build, it is very likely within a year.

If you have Edge of Darkness edition and log into the Arena site it cheerfully informs you that you'll get closed beta access Soon (tm).

So, yeah, probably next year.

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

Kazinsal posted:

If you have Edge of Darkness edition and log into the Arena site it cheerfully informs you that you'll get closed beta access Soon (tm).

So, yeah, probably next year.

Right, hadn't noticed that piece of information due to skipping this wipe.

Slim Mat
Oct 3, 2015
I play on OCE and have a really good time.
I made a handful of reports since January and only got a couple confirms.
My survive rate is over 60% and I kill PMCs in over half my raids. Sometimes you die, sometimes you backout, sometimes you don't bump into anyone.
I haven't played Labs so can't really comment on that, but I avoid Shoreline. Mainly because I don't enjoy the way the map plays for solos but admittedly because that's where I have had the most encounters with undesirables. That said, I still get my jobs done there.
I got to level 59 last time around.
If everyone is cheating, then I'm doing alright.

I think that if you are just starting out there is plenty of room for you to enjoy the game and have fun. You will have many hours of game to play before cheaters ever become a problem for you. Almost all of your frustration (deaths) will come from the fact that you are still learning, and there is a lot to learn.

streetlamp
May 7, 2007

Could I get an auth in the goon discord? bots broke

streetlamp
May 7, 2007

arena gameplay. tarkov team deathmatch mode is incredibly unattractive to me still

https://youtu.be/QQzdun1WdbI

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
My interest in Arena will be heavily based on how good the maps and objective modes are. I have very little interest in playing tarkov paintball but if they manage to make some interesting maps that capture some of the tactical shooter vibe of something like raven shield or insurgency it could be pretty cool. If all the maps end up being small “rush B” type engagements it will be a hard sell.

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015
2.5 years ago I bought this game thinking it was pretty fun, even if I could only connect to a server half the time

I figured I would let it cook since then, so I reinstalled it and now 75% of my matches consist of a 10 minute loadtime and then a disconnect. The only map I can connect to with any sort of reliability is factory and it's not great to constantly lose loadouts for the mistake of trying to get into a match.

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015
I'm still running Windows 7 btw which I'm sure is not a factor

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
HDD or SSD?

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
I keep getting disconnects currently too, apparently clearing logs and the cache in the launcher helps for some reason. It's allowing me to load in much more consistently.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

je1 healthcare posted:

I'm still running Windows 7 btw which I'm sure is not a factor

yeah that's probably a problem. how much ram and vram do you have, too

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

Herstory Begins Now posted:

yeah that's probably a problem. how much ram and vram do you have, too

8 gigs, on a SSD. I clear the cache and do an integrity check each time but I might as well double the ram before looking into upgrading to linux

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Your OS is at least 3 major versions behind and is not getting updates. I liked Windows 7 too but it's time to move on. Throwing more ram at it isn't going to help.

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

Great Beer posted:

Your OS is at least 3 major versions behind and is not getting updates. I liked Windows 7 too but it's time to move on. Throwing more ram at it isn't going to help.

Fine, steam will stop working in 125 days anyway, and maybe video card prices are back down to sane levels

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

It almost feels like 32 gigs of ram is really necessary, especially on streets

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Great Beer posted:

it will help, it just isn't the first problem that needs to be fixed if they're running windows 7 lol

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
Starting to get pissed off again now I've fallen behind everyone, it's not the best game when you're running around with a Mosin and tracer rounds trying to get iron sight kills 2 weeks behind everyone else.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.
There's another wipe at Xmas. You can just gently caress around till then if you really want to.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
I'm invested in BG3 tbh and starfields coming out so I may sit out for a bit.

It's frustrating because I want to be better and the only way is to the play the game. But having constant disconnects on scavs etc too is loving infuriating.

Game has so much potential.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

You're "behind" mere hours after the wipe starts.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

The game is most fun when everyone is running factory with whatever poo poo they care to lose trying to do stirrup. Prove me wrong.

TJChap2840
Sep 24, 2009
Had a really bad day of Tarkov but I think I had fun doing it.

Getting killed by scavs while I’m scavving is rare but always makes me shake my head when it happens.

Not making as much quest progress because I don’t have an office key and every time I go grocery shopping at Interchange to get the barter items I get head eyes.

Overall I struggle to quickly line up head shots because of a combination of recoil on starter guns and bad ergo. It feels like I have input lag. And if I don’t hit the headshots, I die. All my ammo is soaked by armor.

Interestingly, two of the best games I’ve played gun play wise in the last few years (PUBG/TARKOV) both feel like they have input lag when no other games do.

TJChap2840 fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Aug 28, 2023

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

PUBG always felt like fighting underwater

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Galaga Galaxian posted:

You're "behind" mere hours after the wipe starts.

It wasn’t so bad in the past when pre-flea/level 2 trader you still had access to stuff like 762 AKs and SKS with PS, m80 hunter scav gear, and mosins with LPS. Kinda sucks needing to get to level 15 before you’re allowed to pen level 4. I started a week or so late this wipe and was immediately matching into Customs lobbies mostly populated with 20+ players and game is hard when your options are leg meta or head eyes only.

causticBeet fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Aug 29, 2023

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
That's the problem I've been having, I'm not 15 yet and it's a bitch when you run into another player.

Funny thing is, after my last bitch, I ran into a D/Cd player on interchange and murdered him, he had a pretty drat nice RD 704, which has been great, along with T5 armour. When I die with this though I'll be back to square one till I hit level 15.

Funny how the moment you start bitching in this game you catch a break

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
ps is everywhere, just shoot some scavs and you'll get a fair amount of it, or run your scav and loot a bunch of even better stuff

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
Or just idle at fence if you're desperate, PS comes up for sale regularly.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
Or do a scav raid and pick up one of the many million boxes of 5.45 that litter the landscape.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Eww, 5.45

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
AVT is disgustingly strong for just ~40k rubles, my new favorite factory gun.