Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Personally I'm bummed that the head is baked in to the rest of the model, I want the weird tier 1 head with the tier 3 body.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

novaSphere posted:

Personally I'm bummed that the head is baked in to the rest of the model, I want the weird tier 1 head with the tier 3 body.

It's incredible how much tier 2 sucks as well. what the gently caress is with that face?

imo tier 1 model, tier 3 gun and colour.

:allears:

Gravitas Shortfall fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Aug 21, 2023

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
i do like that they updated the beachball ana emote with the new skin so she throws a weird techy looking orb thing

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

It's incredible how much tier 2 sucks as well. what the gently caress is with that face?

imo tier 1 model, tier 3 gun and colour.

:allears:

Ah yes the Warframe fit, which is why it looks so good.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

I don't know anything about Warframe so I can't comment on that, but I've been using the same combo.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

i do like that they updated the beachball ana emote with the new skin so she throws a weird techy looking orb thing

I actually laughed out loud when I first did the emote, and the metal ball just went "thunk" on the ground.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

has anyone else been getting the wrong thing as POTG? Just watching a genji fall over and stare at his corpse for 8 seconds is a change of pace

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Inept posted:

has anyone else been getting the wrong thing as POTG? Just watching a genji fall over and stare at his corpse for 8 seconds is a change of pace

Yeah I think the intent is to give different players' perspectives on the POTG but it's quite buggy at the moment.

PantsBandit fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Aug 23, 2023

rkd_
Aug 25, 2022
‘At the moment’ would indicate it wasn’t always very random.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

rkd_ posted:

‘At the moment’ would indicate it wasn’t always very random.

The feature he's talking about has only been in the game for a couple weeks.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

Well, Awkward did unranked to GM Illari today. 20-0, and none of the games were particularly close in any way. Certainly no Lifeweaver!

E: ah I think actually that was just to Masters maybe? Either way Illari is umm , particularly strong.

toadee fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Aug 25, 2023

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I didn't realise her jump also did knockback.

Lol at winston ever getting near her or her pylon.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

The nerfs are in for her, still surprised they didn't make the pylon self destruct and need to be replaced after a while.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

It's worth mentioning he still thinks Zen is by far the most powerful support. When doing these, if someone takes the hero he's ranking up he will just go Zen to end it quickly. Like just solo rolls Masters 3 rounds in under 4 minutes on Zen. Just absolutely killing everyone almost instantly.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

supports who can Get Kills are king

which is why lifeweaver is bad

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

DPSwatch 2

Two Owls
Sep 17, 2016

Yeah, count me in

d0grent posted:

supports who can Get Kills are king

I agree

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

one thing I've noticed - other players don't hear the voice modulation on the Ana mythic

which is bullshit, I demand to subject them to my robot grandma

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Life Weaver kind of rules? I've been getting him a lot in mystery heroes and it is v satisfying pulling people out of potentially fatal situations/repositioning your dps players.

I really like the mechanic of "my good position is now your good position".

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

The greatest Moira highlight intro of all time is now available for 700 in the shop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IhuwLcuS8U

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

comp Mystery Heroes is the greatest game mode. the chaos of regular MH but with people that understand that grouping up is a good idea.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

PantsBandit posted:

Life Weaver kind of rules? I've been getting him a lot in mystery heroes and it is v satisfying pulling people out of potentially fatal situations/repositioning your dps players.

I really like the mechanic of "my good position is now your good position".

I like it up until I start missing kills because someone assumes that i'm not paying attention enough to what they're paying attention to.

When it works and they're talking, its fine, i can arrange really, really hard dives that i'm safe at the end of. When they're not talking I just get pulled out of a dive right before a kill and its loving frustrating.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
yeah i play him in a 5 stack and its absolutely insane how much value he can bring to the table but when i play him in solo queue i feel like i could pick any other support and have more impact. im bad at zen and discord placement does gain more value with comms but even he feels more impactful for me solo. lifeweaver is a really interesting character and im glad hes in the game just bc it makes social qp games with mates so much more interesting

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

dogstile posted:

I like it up until I start missing kills because someone assumes that i'm not paying attention enough to what they're paying attention to.

When it works and they're talking, its fine, i can arrange really, really hard dives that i'm safe at the end of. When they're not talking I just get pulled out of a dive right before a kill and its loving frustrating.

The ability should work similar to Symmetra teleports. Target needs to press F to accept the teleport.
That would fix most of the complaints about the ability.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Issaries posted:

The ability should work similar to Symmetra teleports. Target needs to press F to accept the teleport.
That would fix most of the complaints about the ability.

It would also make it completely useless.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Jack Trades posted:

It would also make it completely useless.

Depends on how it would work.
If the accept window would have 5-10 second duration, it would enable some great plays. Maybe even be OP.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Yeah, having it just chuck a slight purple around a character (so the other team has some visual cue) and then giving it a countdown would work fine, I think. I get that they want it to be a clutch play thing but in practice it mostly just annoys the gently caress out of me unless i've got a really good player on him.

Most people are not really good players.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

you do feel like an absolute champ when you yoink someone out of an ult tho

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

I think its a team game, and there are all kinds of dumb things that everyone is doing all the time. This one is no different. You are constantly expecting your teammates to make a good decision and they are letting you down. Maybe bap threw his lamp to save widow 10 seconds ago instead of enabling your team wiping ult. It is almost exactly the same.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

headcase posted:

I think its a team game, and there are all kinds of dumb things that everyone is doing all the time. This one is no different. You are constantly expecting your teammates to make a good decision and they are letting you down. Maybe bap threw his lamp to save widow 10 seconds ago instead of enabling your team wiping ult. It is almost exactly the same.

I prefer to make the distinction that for almost everyone, this is a MULTIPLAYER game, not a team game. A team would be a preset coordinated group. 5 random people is multiplayer. This is why the best way to ladder is to do the things that enable you the most and only support a team member if you absolutely have to/it's the only option at the moment.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

headcase posted:

A bap dropping his lamp wrong isn't taking control away from another player.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

dogstile posted:

A bap dropping his lamp wrong isn't taking control away from another player.

Yeah there's a huge difference between a healer using their ability to not like heal at the right time and getting pulled out of a Rein charge and dragged out of position, it's very disorientating and frustrating.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Yeah I guess it's an unpopular opinion. It just seems like a fight losing, sub optimal play either way.

I don't really care about getting yoinked around, its just another facet of the game to deal with. I would prefer to rely on my teammate to make the right decision than have another interaction that puts the control in 2 people's hands. That is just another decision/potential failure that has to be made and hey -- maybe wifeleaver was right and I'm the bad one.

headcase fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Aug 29, 2023

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I’m not sure there is a huge mechanical difference but you should be very careful with removing players control because it feels really bad and makes them super pissed. People are often happier with something that is mechanically worse but allows them to still feel agency.

It’s why freezes and stuns are also so tricky

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Lifeweaver is fine and pretty fun to play imo.

This still feels really bad tho.

Why is it so freaking hard to climb out of bronze 5, the absolute bottom tier of comp players? Like every other match is sweaty as all hell. When i watch the streamer pro's, they come up against the absolute dreggs of society and when i 5 stacked with some mates of which one was absolute beginner we got some teams against us that looked like they barely knew how to do anything but goddamn. I'm not a great aimer but jeez, it's kinda painful.

E: my trolly mate that can aim good but doesn't have a lot of sense otherwise : GIT GUD

which is probably true i guess

heard u like girls fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Aug 30, 2023

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Is this the famous elo hell i heard so much about lol

I wonder if there are some EURO goons that tend to play midnight times, when im done with werk, that wanna group sometime? ( and potentially carry my dumb rear end a bit or something )

heard u like girls fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Aug 30, 2023

Koala Cola
Dec 21, 2005

I am the stone that the builder refused...

heard u like girls posted:

Is this the famous elo hell i heard so much about lol

I wonder if there are some EURO goons that tend to play midnight times, when im done with werk, that wanna group sometime? ( and potentially carry my dumb rear end a bit or something )

Don't worry, you'll get to silver and be back at bronze in a week :)

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

heard u like girls posted:

Why is it so freaking hard to climb out of bronze 5, the absolute bottom tier of comp players?

Bronze 5, in terms of OW's 0-5000 skill rank numbering, is literally 0-1000. After that, you're humming along at about 100 SR per tier.

Get stuck somewhere around 6-700 to start and it takes a long time to pull out of the pit.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

just want to chime in that bap throwing his lamp to save a widow in an undetermined team fight is like 99.9% of the time the correct play even if he could have comboed it with an ult 10 seconds later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

dogstile posted:

Most people are not really good players.

No, they're not.

I've played my fair share of bullshit multiplayer matches, but this is probably the most infuriating online game I've ever played. It doesn't matter if I queue into unranked, comp, or an arcade mode; the matchmaking is horrendous. I remember OW1 having it's moments (been playing off and on since the beta), but it has definitely been worse in OW2.

Maybe it's a case of bad luck being pitted against smurfs, maybe it's a case of mouth-breathing riff raff coming into a free-to-play game that don't know an analog stick from their own assholes, or maybe it's another case of pubbies being pubbies, but I feel lucky if my team and I are in a position to win a match 20% whereas the other 80% we just get skullfucked into the dirt from the first encounter onwards and get to run around the rest of the match being glorified target practice. I can barely complete my daily challenges before turning the game off in disgust. Playing in the console pool is slightly better than the PC pool, but it's still miserable.

It feels like people make the game as complicated as possible and it's frustrating knowing you would have a substantially better shot at winning if your teammates would group up and adapt instead of pointing fingers and standing in place for 30 seconds to type out their super sick burn in chat.

And yet...my dumbass still plays it. The foundation of a good game is there. The dopamine hit when you have a team that actually have brain cells that work and you make that final push to win a match is simply amazing. I'm far from a great player, I think having the proverbial shoe on the other foot and stomping another team with little to no resistance is boring as gently caress, and I don't expect to win every match, but it's just too bad the good moments doesn't happen a little more often.