Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PDP-1
Oct 12, 2004

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

well the lucky thing is it is on track to hit some one the least populated stretches of the florida gulf coast|

much better than a little east or west. the worst of the storm surge looks to be hitting an area with a population density of around 10/sq mile

least populated but also one of the poorest areas in FL. a lot of folks there who don't have the means to get out of the way no matter how bad it's gonna be.

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

rumors jim cantori has been spotted in wakulla county... it was fine posting with you goons :unsmigghh:

assuming from your post that you're from/near wakulla, RIP and :respek: from leon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

PDP-1 posted:

least populated but also one of the poorest areas in FL. a lot of folks there who don't have the means to get out of the way no matter how bad it's gonna be.

assuming from your post that you're from/near wakulla, RIP and :respek: from leon

close enough, LFGGGGG :respek:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

well the lucky thing is it is on track to hit some one the least populated stretches of the florida gulf coast|

much better than a little east or west. the worst of the storm surge looks to be hitting an area with a population density of around 10/sq mile

Yeah in terms of total number of impacted people it took a very fortunate turn

Florida has been unbelievably lucky over the course of the last couple decades

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

rumors jim cantori has been spotted in wakulla county... it was fine posting with you goons :unsmigghh:

o7

Godspeed, goon.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Window facing an ill-kept front yard
Plums on the tree heavy with nectar
Prayers to summon the destroying angel
Moon stuttering in the sky like film stuck in a projector
And you

MLK Ultra
Mar 9, 2021

triple sulk posted:

Looks like a lot of people are about to die, huh

Honestly it appears that a good number of folks left. Since the area doesn't get hit that often, and I'm extrapolating out of my rear end here, I'd guess it's a little different than a hit to the East coast where the general logic is "Well, I survived the clean side of Andrew so I can weather this one out."

I'm probably wrong since people are Big Dumb but that's at least what it looks like topically.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

triple sulk posted:

Looks like a lot of people are about to die, huh

Looks like most folks ran for it, but a lot of people are about to lose their security and livelihoods. idk what they're going to do afterwards, but I expect that in DeSantis' Florida they'll end up unhoused and brutalized.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

https://www.weathercameras.live/ some juicy churn going on, looks like crests are breaking into the boardwalk

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

WATER SHORTAGES WILL MAKE HUMAN SUFFERING INCREDIBLE BY MODERN STANDARDS.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

So will the hurricanes converge into a double hurricane. Is there a chance that one loops back? It kind of looks like it is going to loop back.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

nah franklin looks like its loving off into the atlantic. nonzero chance that Idalia loops back into the gulf for round two though :unsmigghh:

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Mean Baby posted:

So will the hurricanes converge into a double hurricane. Is there a chance that one loops back? It kind of looks like it is going to loop back.

nobody knows right now what that storm is going to look like after it gets back to the Atlantic, you could do as well by throwing 100 d6 dice 100K times

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

where is Franklin going to hit?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Mean Baby posted:

where is Franklin going to hit?

literally the Bermuda triangle

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

please crosspost that to the UFOs thread they'll get a huge kick out of it

:hmmyes:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Goa Tse-tung posted:

literally the Bermuda triangle

Oh god I just checked and apparently everyone's there's already underwater.

The storm surge is going to be brutal. :ohdear:

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

Wow it fits right in there perfectly. Like that part of Florida was made to have a hurricane in it

you think so but then you find out it’s less tight than you expected

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Vox Nihili posted:

Awesome pics. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation

Space Jam posted:

you think so but then you find out it’s less tight than you expected

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

skaboomizzy posted:

nobody knows right now what that storm is going to look like after it gets back to the Atlantic, you could do as well by throwing 100 d6 dice 100K times

Ironically, rolling dice 100k times is a pretty consistent thing to do

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
Cedar Key is gonna disappear like the projection at this point.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
Just got upgraded to a 4.

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

Zisky posted:

it's making landfall well west of cedar key, it'll still get hosed up pretty bad but probably not wiped out and everyone will learn all the wrong lessons because this thing is luckily hitting mostly swampland

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

so what sort of doom levels are are looking at here folks?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
If it's hitting swamps that's typically going to be a good thing, coastal wetlands have been found to be pretty good at minimizing the impact of big storms systems.

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...-study-suggests

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Zisky posted:

MLK Ultra
Mar 9, 2021

Solid username/post synergy going on here.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

It's early there, it's probably just still asleep. Wait a couple of hours till it can wake up and have some coffee and some breakfast.

Oh god is there any were left there where the webcam can get some coffee and some breakfeast???

That poor webcams gonna be tired and hungry all day. :(

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Lol category 4. I don't think I'll get to see my dad today. Should've listened to me!!

Clayton Bigsby
Apr 17, 2005

Cup Runneth Over posted:

WATER SHORTAGES WILL MAKE HUMAN SUFFERING INCREDIBLE BY MODERN STANDARDS.

hahaha How the gently caress is water shortages real hahahaha Just open the door and walk outside Haha

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Bets on when the kfc sign goes?.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Zisky posted:

camera gone, didnt get to see its final moments :(

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
Landfall still 90 mins away, this storm is sadistically slow

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

quit teasin me and just j-j-jam it in

HAM ON THE BONE
Aug 22, 2009

Pillbug
Jeff is live:

https://www.youtube.com/live/QYKc8HShg7Q?si=YdD99JZ5wF5dqh3q

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Reed Timmer appears to be in the water I don't know how the gently caress that's safe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26FTVrcCtBw

this is cutting back and forth between him and another guy who is clearly driving away

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

lol my brother is getting called into his service job, good luck with that one buddy

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
best cam feed i've found so far

https://twitch.tv/rawreporting

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Rubellavator posted:

Reed Timmer appears to be in the water I don't know how the gently caress that's safe

I mean this really shouldn't be said but do not get into storm flood waters! Just an incredibly bad idea.

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Clayton Bigsby posted:

hahaha How the gently caress is water shortages real hahahaha Just open the door and walk outside Haha

storm surge is literally a giant wall of water just open your mouth!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

TehSaurus posted:

storm surge is literally a giant wall of water just open your mouth!

Taste the rainbow. It's the oil slick and/or other chemicals