Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018
I feel I am a better human being than standard editioneers. Women will desire me and my boss will sleep with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

On August 31st I will walk down this thread like Vince McCahon my swagger carrying me to the play button at 8pm EST

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Donnerberg posted:

Can you really put a price on getting into a time machine and playing a video game early?
It's really tough to put a price on early jank hilarity.

It entirely depends on if you're into that sort of thing. I absolutely got my early money's worth playing the first few days of Cyberpunk 2077 with all the bugs. poo poo was hilarious, day one I fell through the ground into nothingness.

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

It's incredible, I can't believe I'm going to play it early. It's the most amazing thing!! We're all stunned, all us early access purchasers are just impressed and astonished

Only thing stopping me right now is that I, personally, need to be able to walk 41 minutes in one direction in order to reach "immersion". Since the horrific news broke that you can only mindlessly walk 40 minutes in one direction, I have preemptively smashed an xbox controller, quit my job and filed for a divorce.

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

I hope the download/unlock servers crash and nobody can play it for eight hours.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Prawned posted:

I need to stop reading this thread or else I'm gonna spend money to play a game 5 days early like a loving knobhead.

You know you want it. It makes no sense to resist.

It's the weekend, what else are you going to do?

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018

Prawned posted:

I hope the download/unlock servers crash and nobody can play it for eight hours.

So do I, I'm planning to be sick on Friday and playing while sick is unpleasant.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Uh, gonna assume you're lying there, Steam!

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Reading Steam forum thread titles for popular games (in this case, Starfield) and just refreshing every minute is like a nuevo form of people-watching at a mall.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Aug 30, 2023

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Kenshi is a good game at minimum, though?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

The_White_Crane posted:

Steam would never lie!!!

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018

The_White_Crane posted:

Valve doesn't have the resources to make Steam client differentiate between an unreleased gama available for preload and a released one.

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018

DaveKap posted:

Reading Steam forum thread titles for popular games (in this case, Starfield) and just refreshing every minute is like a nuevo form of people-watching at a mall.

I'm going to go and touch the poop.

Trip report: it was distinctly unpleasant.

Sandepande fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Aug 30, 2023

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

The_White_Crane posted:

It says you need to install the game to start playing! That's actually true! However, it doesn't say you can play now!

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

FFT posted:

Kenshi is a good game at minimum, though?
Oh I won't argue that... I argue comparing the two, though. Tears of the Kingdom was a good game, why not Starfield? Halo 3 was a good game, why not Starfield? Rez was a good game, why not Starfield?
UPDATE: This just in!

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Aug 30, 2023

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Can we tell them it is so they won't play it?

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

in starfield there are three genders: ladies, dudes, and spaceships with fuckable engines

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

86GB download, +110GB on-disk - that's a pretty good compression ratio, especially for something that presumably includes a lot of textures.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Ms Adequate posted:

As a centauri, I have six, so I can gently caress them all at once :jecht:

ah, the ol' six shooter

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

dr_rat posted:

I did a quick search, and yep found this:

So seems it's already out. Re-check steam I guess?

Better be a day one mod

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

For the PC players here, this reddit post has a leaker talking about PC performance and includes a screenshot of his settings.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/1644erd/pc_performance_leak/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Reddit posted:

Leaker reports they are running 3800x/2080ti @ 1440p on the above high settings.

He gets 45-60 fps most of the time, 60-70 fps in dungeons and space.

The post doesn't have story or other spoilers, but I haven't looked at the comments. It only mentions performance, personal opinion and score, and some more about how the tiles and boundaries work.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Yikes that’s not encouraging.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

I just want to know what cards will run 1080p at low settings playably.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Good thing there's no DLSS

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
That wouldn’t hurt, but since that person was playing with a dynamic resolution, those drops are likely a CPU bottleneck

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Considering my 3080 struggles in a lot of games on high (not ultra) settings at 3440x1440 with DLSS, those performance numbers are worrying.

Even though the game launches tomorrow night, I think I'll wait for Friday morning to dive in. I'll probably spend 3 hours on character creator and tweaking settings. Also, the GMG promotion is over now, but they had a 17% off promo on all games including Starfield, so I got the Digital Deluxe for 82.99.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I am going to wait for some reviews from reviews whose opinions generally align with mine before I buy the game. 2023 has been a good year in games and I can wait.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
True explorers take the plunge into the unknown, game breaking bugs be damned.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

BigglesSWE posted:

True explorers take the plunge into the unknown, game breaking bugs be damned.

I used to be an explorer like you. Then I took an laser beam in the knee.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
uninstalled Diablo 4 on my m2 drive to install Starfield

feels good to have that desktop curse banished

saw it listed for 20% off and giving XP bonus weekends like a dying MUD lmao

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
i can notice the difference between 30-60 fps but i guess it doesn't bother me terribly? here's hoping gsync will help there.

anyway this character creator has been a big help for me

https://nukesdragons.com/starfield/character

I've spent way more time in it than I usually do in builders, but I think I've finally settled on the first one. I've got ideas for others but I will wait on those until I have a first run through playing my usual style in BGS games.

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

When does amdrewards make the keys they give for new AMD hardware available?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Floor is lava posted:

uninstalled Diablo 4 on my m2 drive to install Starfield

feels good to have that desktop curse banished

saw it listed for 20% off and giving XP bonus weekends like a dying MUD lmao

You should get a bigger ssd

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
https://twitter.com/robertflorence/status/1696770864920871012

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

John F Bennett posted:

For the PC players here, this reddit post has a leaker talking about PC performance and includes a screenshot of his settings.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/1644erd/pc_performance_leak/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

The post doesn't have story or other spoilers, but I haven't looked at the comments. It only mentions performance, personal opinion and score, and some more about how the tiles and boundaries work.

Should be fine with my i7-12700k/3080 @ 1440p then. :cool:
Never expected 90fps, I'll be very happy with 60fps with almost everything on Very High.

Will be interesting trying to stream it to the tv through my Nvidia Shield. I guess I'll need a tv tray for keyboard and mouse...

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
https://twitter.com/robertflorence/status/1696770864920871012

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

That's bait.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

7 is where I'd put a lot of Bethesda games and I still love them. Sounds good to me :cheersbird:

Profanity
Aug 26, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Not a lot of Consolevania fans here, for shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

He should turn on his monitor