Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ouroboros
Apr 23, 2011

DNK posted:

Shivas + Skadi will gently caress up morph

Do these and vessel stack?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Differently named effects pretty much always stack.

Throw in some Venomancer too for even further heal reduction.

ShimmyGuy
Jan 12, 2008

One morning, Shimmy awoke to find he was a awesome shiny bug.
Little help with stopping morph, but being a rubick against him and stealing morph feels so drat good. You can have twice the health of the pos3, though you probably want to buy some cheap armor as otherwise you have none. The only weird thing is if you get aghs you only get one of the two which is useless.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

ShimmyGuy posted:

Little help with stopping morph, but being a rubick against him and stealing morph feels so drat good. You can have twice the health of the pos3, though you probably want to buy some cheap armor as otherwise you have none. The only weird thing is if you get aghs you only get one of the two which is useless.

And one shotting him during laning is hella funny.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Oodles posted:

And one shotting him during laning is hella funny.

which ironically is relatively easy with a level 3 rubick

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

JollyBoyJohn posted:

which ironically is relatively easy with a level 3 rubick

Or a bane.

No one expects the pure damage brain sap

ShimmyGuy
Jan 12, 2008

I find it interesting there is the whole Goon international happening that seems completely separate from this thread (based on not seeing posts on it). Is there a real link to the goon Dota discord, is Pyrion's discord that or is it an offshoot of people no longer posting on SA?

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

ShimmyGuy posted:

I find it interesting there is the whole Goon international happening that seems completely separate from this thread (based on not seeing posts on it). Is there a real link to the goon Dota discord, is Pyrion's discord that or is it an offshoot of people no longer posting on SA?

It’s a Pyrion discord thing. There’s very few people in there who post here. I think it’s me and Jonas, and maybe one or two other lurkers.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
the most legendary moment of my dota 2 caeer was missing out on a party invite to a group Pyrion was in because I'd left for 15 minutes to do the dishes

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

JollyBoyJohn posted:

the most legendary moment of my dota 2 caeer was missing out on a party invite to a group Pyrion was in because I'd left for 15 minutes to do the dishes

You misspelled “dodging a bullet”

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Few things have made me happier than hitting a PL with a Latent Toxicity and watching him Doppleganger and get stunned, making it super obvious who the real one is

And then we still lose anyways because no one on my team built any sort of anti-illusion items

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I made tcjimbo ragequit a game

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
I played a game with allied slacks techies

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I played a game with Grubby early in his DotA streaming career. He had SirActionSlacks "coaching" him to build shadow blade on Gyrocopter. We did not win that one.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
Here's a game during TI4 when all the pros were on the west coast at at some ungodly hour, because the matchmaker had no idea what to do I was matched against Zai, Chuan, and S4.

https://www.opendota.com/matches/778750151

I was the veno.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

ILL Machina posted:

I played a game with allied slacks techies

one time I played with my friend who is very good at dota and slacks called me several slurs lol

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

ItohRespectArmy posted:

one time I played with my friend who is very good at dota and slacks called me several slurs lol

slacks is way too comfortable with the word "bitch" and it's honestly shocking to me that he hasn't milkshake ducked yet.

sailormoon
Jun 28, 2014

fighting evil by moonlight
winning love by daylight

Oodles posted:

It’s a Pyrion discord thing. There’s very few people in there who post here. I think it’s me and Jonas, and maybe one or two other lurkers.

What is this magic discord and how do i join

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Corla Plankun posted:

slacks is way too comfortable with the word "bitch" and it's honestly shocking to me that he hasn't milkshake ducked yet.

they were a bit harsher than that but i was feeding so it was honestly pretty justified

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Corla Plankun posted:

lol another word for the chopping block now?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Corla Plankun posted:

You have to be initially likable to be milkshake ducked.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Nichael posted:

slacks rules, actually

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

sugar free jazz posted:

slacks rules, actually

Qft

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Nichael posted:

yeah that's why he's worried about slacks

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

The pro scene is a hundred times better off for having Slacks, yea.

That said I wish they would delete the BRR BRRR GOD GAMER ALERT BRRR BRRRR emote

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Sab669 posted:

The pro scene is a hundred times better off for having Slacks, yea.

That said I wish they would delete the BRR BRRR GOD GAMER ALERT BRRR BRRRR emote

Hehehe, sorry!

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
i don't really care for slacks one way or another but he is responsible for one of my largest dota related laughs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo-_imCAD7g

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
To be clear I have also actually watched a lot of Slacks and really liked his old gameplay and lore youtubes; its just a little concerning that he has not really grown as a person in the last decade, especially since he's got a kid now.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
He has, in fact, shrunk as a person.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

sailormoon posted:

What is this magic discord and how do i join

It’s a twitch sub discord only, I use my Bezos bucks from Prime on it. There’s a lot of folk around for games, the advice given is on the whole dogshit; and there’s some really hot takes on food.

Edit: https://www.twitch.tv/pyrionflax

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

NP support is ridiculous once you get the hang of it. You can just keep up a crazy tempo with 4-4-0-1.

rkd_
Aug 25, 2022

Oodles posted:

It’s a twitch sub discord only, I use my Bezos bucks from Prime on it. There’s a lot of folk around for games, the advice given is on the whole dogshit; and there’s some really hot takes on food.

Edit: https://www.twitch.tv/pyrionflax

Are there NA goons too for games?

ShimmyGuy
Jan 12, 2008

TOOT BOOT posted:

NP support is ridiculous once you get the hang of it. You can just keep up a crazy tempo with 4-4-0-1.

Been playing this and it feels busted. It feels like I make two lanes win easily, and my lane ends up fine or won. Late game you also can easily shift to being a ratting bastard.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I can't even put my finger on why he feels so obscenely brutal now, but he's blown ahead of WD for me as for who to Ban in my Unranked All Picks.

I'm not sure if the Sprout DPS is too high, if it's just losing the heal on the Tango or if it's wasting 100g and an inventory space on a Quelling Blade but he is a loving menace. I think it's really just all 3 pieces combined in addition to all the other reasons he's normally annoying.

ShimmyGuy
Jan 12, 2008

Honestly I think he just clicks hard and from far away, and either forcing the sprout damage or wasting healing is just a sweet bonus.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
lljk is always open

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

rkd_ posted:

Are there NA goons too for games?

Yes, there’s also narcoleptic or ketamine fuelled Brit goons who go through the night.

rkd_
Aug 25, 2022

Oodles posted:

Yes, there’s also narcoleptic or ketamine fuelled Brit goons who go through the night.

I'll also divert my Bezos funds to Pyrion then, solo queue has been kinda poo poo.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Why are people who are doing their calibration games tend to do completely wackjob poo poo? I get that the system doesn't know what MMR they are so there's going to be more variance but it's way more than that. Like uh, it's probably a bad idea to abandon one of your calibration games because something non-ideal happened but I've seen it more than once recently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
did an organised 5v5 with a bunch of mates last night, was super fun but the team imbalance was a little skewed as to be expected, I ended up mid against a guy probably about 2/2.5k higher than me, i first picked Puck purely since I knew that was their favourite hero and let me tell you i learned a lot about Puck v Invoker. The way he goaded a jaunt from his right click into a tornado emp made me feel like i was getting clowned on, got the first kill in mid on him though, thanks to a clinkz and managed to kill one of my better dota friends on the carry wraith king with a max range illusory orb so all in all I was happy :D

anyway that was a bit intense so afterwards queu'ed as 4 natures prophet and crushed a pub, all in all a good nights dota