Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

back doing these, here's Vanguardverse Velocity, who is a Velocitronian in this setting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Silhouette posted:

A cassettebot double spy named Friend/Enemy like Punch/Counterpunch

Why hasn't this ever been done, actually?

Flipsides.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Yeah, but it doesn't do the two bot modes/two altmodes thing

Also the name should be Mixtape (autobot)/B-Syde (decepticon)

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

This is something I've wondered for a while, and while spending money on toys is a "lol" for me right this second, maybe someone in the thread knows:

Are there any good 3rd-party sources for CHUG-capable Targetmaster partners and stuff like that? Like, it'd be neat to have a little Recoil for Kup or Haywire for Blurr or whatever, but without having to go and buy an expensive Japanese Legends release just to snag the little pack-in partner.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Just grab one of the later Battle Masters and call it good enough?

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

Arquinsiel posted:

Just grab one of the later Battle Masters and call it good enough?

that's definitely an option, but the question did come to mind whether or not some maniac in hong kong is doing a fully g1-accurate Pinpointer figure that has 90 points of articulation but will break if you breathe on it. you know, like all good toys

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Speaking of knockoff stuff... one can now get some of those MFT Lost Planet Powered Suit (Diaclone Reboot) Warudersuits (with pilot) on eBay for a fairly reasonable price, $23 USD or so. I just received a couple of ones with transparent green hatches and tail guns(?) and they are all pretty good quality compared to my official Enhanced Grappler (or whatever it's called) model. The pilots are a little stiff, but fine. They don't fall apart like the ones from my knockoff Diabattles do.

The Warudersuits are all modular gestalts, you can make some super funky crab snake monstrosities for your other guys to fight. Uh, to pose.

I meant pose.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

very risky blowjob posted:

that's definitely an option, but the question did come to mind whether or not some maniac in hong kong is doing a fully g1-accurate Pinpointer figure that has 90 points of articulation but will break if you breathe on it. you know, like all good toys
You'd think that would be a thing, but nope.

The 3rd party market has pretty much entirely dried up to either Masterpiece or Legend-sized styles, and only big name characters.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Knormal posted:

You'd think that would be a thing, but nope.

The 3rd party market has pretty much entirely dried up to either Masterpiece or Legend-sized styles, and only big name characters.

MP and Legends, yes. Big name only? No. The most recent major MP releases were Pipes and an Omnibot and the most prominent Legends releases lately were Powerglide and Sludge. Fanstoys just put out a reissue of Weirdwolf and KFC did new (correct) color versions of the Horrorcons, of all things. The character variety is extremely solid these days.

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

Keldroc posted:

MP and Legends, yes. Big name only? No. The most recent major MP releases were Pipes and an Omnibot and the most prominent Legends releases lately were Powerglide and Sludge. Fanstoys just put out a reissue of Weirdwolf and KFC did new (correct) color versions of the Horrorcons, of all things. The character variety is extremely solid these days.

and yet the pipes mp couldn't get right the simple detail that pipes has pipes for hands

any evidence to the contrary of this will be absolutely and completely ignored

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Keldroc posted:

Yeah that's fair. I would argue those are all characters of some note, either '84-'85 cast or characters that were popular because they had cool toys or did things in the comics. Like we're not getting Masterpiece Double Pretenders, or Firecons, or Flipchangers, or Battlechargers. The Omnibots are the exact kind deep cut exception that I'd love to see more of. But you're right that "big name" is not the right way to describe the Headmasters or some of the other sublines the 3rd parties are doing.

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

it seems more like "x-transbots is doing the omnibots, but also, if you want a 3rd party optimus prime or devastator you have roughly 30,000 options to choose from"

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Knormal posted:

Yeah that's fair. I would argue those are all characters of some note, either '84-'85 cast or characters that were popular because they had cool toys or did things in the comics. Like we're not getting Masterpiece Double Pretenders, or Firecons, or Flipchangers, or Battlechargers. The Omnibots are the exact kind deep cut exception that I'd love to see more of. But you're right that "big name" is not the right way to describe the Headmasters or some of the other sublines the 3rd parties are doing.

The Battlechargers are on their way after the Ombibots are done, if I remember correctly.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

I got the Target re-release of Studio Series AoE Grimlock, and yowza, he’s a big boy. I was honestly on the fence about the deco. Sure, it’s movie accurate, but it’s kinda dreary compared to the AoE mainline dinobots. Sure, they’re more cartoonish and whatever, I really did feel like they had a lot more life in them with those brighter colors.

But having gotten this in hand? Nah, this kicks rear end. He’s big and ugly and he looks kickass in both modes. If I had one real complaint, I’d say that I kinda wish there was something to cover up the hand in his dino mode neck. I’m cool with the mace arm turning into the tail and no accessories to go with this, and it blends in fairly well into the neck, but that left hand is still visible to me and bugs me a bit.

Not gonna complain too much though, this kicks rear end, and it’s leagues better than the old voyager and leader figures (the old voyager was pretty good, but the old leader sucks. I wanted to like it, but drat it was an ugly mess).

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Yeah that leader is lush. It was the first leader mold for Studio Series and you can tell that it's operating in a different mode than leader classes usually do nowadays.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

The Battlechargers are on their way after the Ombibots are done, if I remember correctly.

There's also Punch/Counterpunch coming likely sometime this year, and they've got Searchlight (the RS200 throttlebot) queued up in there somewhere as well.

I think I'm pretty much done with MP scale transformers after the Omnis and PCP, honestly, and I'm more into them for the unusual altmodes than anything.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I lost track of which Constructicons I shared here so here’s all of them:

https://twitter.com/quillobyte_/status/1681644136359665664?s=46&t=idHOluBX7WY76GN9uEVUwg
https://twitter.com/quillobyte_/status/1688441893963628545?s=46&t=idHOluBX7WY76GN9uEVUwg
https://twitter.com/quillobyte_/status/1684031825977528320?s=46&t=idHOluBX7WY76GN9uEVUwg
https://twitter.com/quillobyte_/status/1690881952000143360?s=46&t=idHOluBX7WY76GN9uEVUwg
https://twitter.com/quillobyte_/status/1696510419400102157?s=46&t=idHOluBX7WY76GN9uEVUwg

There’s only Mixmaster, Long Haul, and Devastator himself left to go!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVatXN5YYbY

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Good bot

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Wait, they did a nemesis redeco of SS86?

E: Ahhh SG. That's why I didn't catch it

Dabir fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Aug 30, 2023

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I don't know much about Shattered Glass, is that an evil Hot Rod with an actual goatee???

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It absolutely is!

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Rodimus_(SG)

Not to be confused with the evil Rodimus from PotP, that's an evil clone of Rodimus in the regular universe, not the regular Rodimus from the evil universe.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Medullah posted:

I don't know much about Shattered Glass, is that an evil Hot Rod with an actual goatee???

Yes.

I don’t know SG either, but a black and purple Hot Rod with a goatee? SOLD.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Yeah that's a sick repaint and I need it

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

TheDK posted:

Yeah that's a sick repaint and I need it

He comes with a whole Sideswipe & MiniCon accessory

https://hasbropulse.com/products/transformers-generations-shattered-glass-collection-rodimus-sideswipe-and-decepticon-whisper

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001
They says it is Sideswipe but it's clearly Armada Wheeljack.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Ah right 2-pack, that's why I forgot about it.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

kilus aof posted:

They says it is Sideswipe but it's clearly Armada Wheeljack.

Well that's the fun thing about SG, they can reference things like that in a playful way. SG Wheeljack is also Slicer, for instance.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
SG Sky Lynx when?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The_Doctor posted:

SG Sky Lynx when?

Gosh, what would he be like? Awful redneck that would make even the Dinobots go "Um, a little decorum, please?"

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Dawgstar posted:

Gosh, what would he be like? Awful redneck that would make even the Dinobots go "Um, a little decorum, please?"

A redneck with literally no self esteem. Just uncouthly apologising for getting in everyone's way

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Like Mater from Cars, voiced by Larry the Cable guy or Jeff Foxworthy. "You might be a Redbot if...."

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Just have him tell long rambling stories about his buddy Keith

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

Dawgstar posted:

Roland Schitt from Shitt's Creek?

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

SG sky lynx drunkenly and gracelessly flies in, a robotic outhouse stuck around his middle like a sock tied around a cat

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

very risky blowjob posted:

SG sky lynx drunkenly and gracelessly flies in, a robotic outhouse stuck around his middle like a sock tied around a cat

I cannot believe Sky Lynx would be apologetic in any universe, but this I can believe.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
NGL I kind of like that minicon more than owning another Rodimus just cuz I already have both his studio serieses. I've had that thought honestly that I kinda wanna just buy minicons/original micromasters and I don't know why other than they're cool and tiny.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Good Listener posted:

they're cool and tiny.
What more do you need?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Mini-Cons > Micromasters

Better lore, more unique transformations, better alt mode variety, the ones with weapon modes are generally more believable than the recent Micros…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

micromasters and pretenders >>>>>>>>>>>>>> every other transformer ever

source: me being a little kid for micromasters and pretenders and having a bunch of them