Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen
Xbox: I‘m a fan of the fields that just have Star written all over it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

The review embargo lifts in 24 hours.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

kri kri posted:

I wish ignored users would quotes would be removed, ugh

Anywhoo STARFIELD was tempted to splash down the $30 for early access but I think I can hold out

It's not worth $30 to play a game a few days early when if you have gamepass you're going to be paying a nothing.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Game specific threads can really suck. They're mostly contentless hype before launch, then for a week they're mostly contentless liveposting peppered with PC troubleshooting, then they quickly turn into spoiler minefield discussion among poopsockers. AC6 thread has gotten about a billion posts since its launch not even a week ago, and there are already people talking about the stuff you can find in NG++.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

acksplode posted:

Game specific threads can really suck. They're mostly contentless hype before launch, then for a week they're mostly contentless liveposting peppered with PC troubleshooting, then they quickly turn into spoiler minefield discussion among poopsockers. AC6 thread has gotten about a billion posts since its launch not even a week ago, and there are already people talking about the stuff you can find in NG++.

Also depending on the game it can be completely insane trying to keep up for the first few days. Baldur's Gate 3 was unreadable for me until a week after launch because it was moving so fast. The meandering pace of discussion here in the Xbox thread is much nicer.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

kri kri posted:

Anywhoo STARFIELD was tempted to splash down the $30 for early access but I think I can hold out

Same, so much stuff goin on with gaming but will play the heck out of Starfield once it drops for all.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Apparently there is no way to upgrade to the Premium version on Steam. Thanks Bethesda.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

FlamingLiberal posted:

Apparently there is no way to upgrade to the Premium version on Steam. Thanks Bethesda.

Just refund and then buy premium.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

ColdPie posted:

As someone with zero interest in Starfield, I am begging you all to do most of your Starfield discussion in the Starfield thread when Starfield comes out. Here is a link to the Starfield thread, where you can discuss Starfield with other people who are playing Starfield: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4004457

https://youtu.be/V9O94UTDAJQ?si=Dmq_77UT7so4P5Hd

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

Steam is in xbox now??

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It’s in the vapor chamber

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

acksplode posted:

The PC troubleshooting is funny. Imagine having to open up your xbox and rebuild it every time a new fancy game comes out.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

kri kri posted:

They should shave off $6 each day and see what price the majority cave at

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Good stuff, interesting to read about the Xbox advanced technology group getting in there to get the game running well. Really was an all hands on deck affair.

https://twitter.com/JezCorden/status/1696952787383296013?t=Kk51xosmRgZkVwZP3RKCHg&s=19

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
This mf'er gonna convince me to preorder

Let's kill them

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Professor Beetus posted:

This mf'er gonna convince me to preorder

Let's kill them

Don't preorder the game you'll get free in a couple extra days.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

It's not worth $30 to play a game a few days early when if you have gamepass you're going to be paying a nothing.

What if I’m a millionaire

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

ImpAtom posted:

Don't preorder the game you'll get free in a couple extra days.

Yeah but what if it's good and I miss out on the earliest days???? What then?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

sponges posted:

What if I’m a millionaire

Then please give me money.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

If you want to find somewhere they're not talking about Starfield you should check out the Playstation thread :smuggo:

e: Oh man I'm like 2 pages late for that joke

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Alchenar posted:

If you want to find somewhere they're not talking about Starfield you should check out the Playstation thread :smuggo:

e: Oh man I'm like 2 pages late for that joke

Wrong. There's Starfield chat there too.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

acksplode posted:

It’s crazy to me how quickly people burn through games

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Armored Core VI is actually not that long. It's pretty easy to burn through it in 15 hours. And ng+ and ng++ takes about five hours each.

That's still a pretty insane amount of hours for a game that released less than a week ago but still.

netizen
Jun 25, 2023

Guillermus posted:

Wrong. There's Starfield chat there too.

Are they big mad? Are they jelly?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

netizen posted:

Are they big mad? Are they jelly?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AC6 will take me forever since I suck at the bosses

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AC6 will take me forever since I suck at the bosses

Without spoiling anything, the game wants you to make different builds and utilize the huge parts cache. I'm assuming a lot of ppl running into trouble are probably just doing the same thing over and over.

Its my current GOTY

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I would hope by now people would not be dumb enough to play that new Saints Row

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I played it on the free weekend and quit during the tutorial. The writing was so loving bad.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I also played it on the freeplay weekend, thinking "I'm sure its bad and I won't like it but, surely it can't be as bad as the trailer looked right?" It was worse. The pathetic thing is that, the awful writing and art direction aside, the sandbox is worse than SR2. The downtown area had about six fake businesses that repeat over and over. It's so bad.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

You really love those dumb reddit meme faces don't you?

PS+ is loving garbage though and they just raised the price 35% for service that is rear end compared to gamepass. gently caress Sony. Eighty goddamn dollars a year just to play online.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Aug 31, 2023

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

veni veni veni posted:

You really love those dumb reddit meme faces don't you?

PS+ is loving garbage though and they just raised the price 35% for service that is rear end compared to gamepass. gently caress Sony. Eighty goddamn dollars a year just to play online.

Doesn’t Sony not charge just to play online?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

otter posted:

Apparently you can play Fortnite for free without PS Plus. That's it in terms of games I think.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

otter posted:

you need at least the base tier of ps plus for online play. that's being hiked to eighty bucks a year as of next month

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

otter posted:

That hasn't been true since the PS3 I believe.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Thom12255 posted:

That hasn't been true since the PS3 I believe.

I thought for sure that was the whole point behind PlayStation fans pointing and sneering about Xbox live not being free to play online. But i don’t know if I’ve ever played a game online on my ps4 besides fortnite…

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Does Xbox charge for cloud saves? I know it's 80 a year on PS.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

otter posted:

I thought for sure that was the whole point behind PlayStation fans pointing and sneering about Xbox live not being free to play online. But i don’t know if I’ve ever played a game online on my ps4 besides fortnite…

F2P games are generally the exception but yeah it's been sixty a year for online play since PS4 launched. Now the base tier that is just online play, cloud saves and some bad free games is going to $80.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Wiltsghost posted:

Does Xbox charge for cloud saves? I know it's 80 a year on PS.

Nope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

#Winning