Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

SardonicTyrant posted:

Elden Ring corollary: If you meet buddha along the road and can't kill him, it's a skill issue, you're not using the right toolset. For myself, I prefer a strength build because for me it's easier to poise break buddha for a crit.

If you meet Buddha along the road, let me solo him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

W.T. Fits posted:

If you meet Buddha along the road, let me solo him.

If you meet Buddha along the road, let him solo me.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
I would simply nap in the buddha's shade

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Y'know it's possible he could have a lot of kids now. It's been nearly 4 years. He could be honing the Maybe Hug as we speak.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Operant, take this lesson to heart, no matter how much you try to Zaidify him, we will just rag on him more and more.

Cool Ninja Zaid? Sorry, no he's a turbo-nerd con guy.

Zaddy Zaid? Sorry, now he's a deadbeat dad.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Kalli posted:

Operant, take this lesson to heart, no matter how much you try to Zaidify him, we will just rag on him more and more.

Cool Ninja Zaid? Sorry, no he's a turbo-nerd con guy.

Zaddy Zaid? Sorry, now he's a deadbeat dad.

I think Operant knows EXACTLY what he's doing with Zaid and feeds on this

He gave the guy dual swords and an unbuttoned pirate shirt, COME ON

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Zaid is now the kind of guy that a guy like Zaid wishes he could be. This is not necessarily a good thing.

Niavmai
Nov 27, 2011

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I think Operant knows EXACTLY what he's doing with Zaid and feeds on this

dual swords that he literally skysurfed away on

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Donkringel posted:

Y'know it's possible he could have a lot of kids now. It's been nearly 4 years. He could be honing the Maybe Hug as we speak.

I never considered that Zaid had simply evolved from fuckboy to fuckman.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

That’s Mr. Fuckman to you.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Fuckboyz II Fuckmen

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Is mastering the wheel just a euphemism for loving everything on it then?

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

another day mastering the wheel of creation. everyone keeps asking me if they can gently caress the wheel. buddy, they wont even let me gently caress it.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Please, his name is Zaiddy.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

I never considered that Zaid had simply evolved from fuckboy to fuckman.

Mr. Fuckdaddy Zaiddy.

Sidenote how is Zaid pronounced?

I have been mentally pronouncing it Zai-ehd, but I can see Zade or Zai-eed.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

I've been thinking of it as Za-eed (like the Mass Effect 2 companion), is that not it

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

It’s Zade and he talks like a California surfer.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

All this Zaid talk was going to make me comment that I'm pretty sure 10VG has been the sole positive male figure in Allison's life, but upon reflection, I don't think the two of them have ever directly interacted. He is a supporting character for WC, not Allison.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

hey let's not forget uuuuuuhhhhhhhhh

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

She might have an alright dad

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Zaid is now a bad enough dude to sell ecstasy at the ren fair.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Happy Underpants posted:

:kiss:

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
does Zoss count as "positive"?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Happy Underpants posted:

This sounds like an accusation with a story behind it

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

YaketySass posted:

does Zoss count as "positive"?

He showed up, punched her in the head, left to get smokes for most of the first book, came by a few times when he was trying to impress his new girlfriend that he was a good demi-urge, told Allison she was being a dillweed in book 3 and uhhh that's it?

I guess stink-boi tried to be a positive role model but in like "here is how to steal real good when the shopkeeper isn't looking" kind of way. He was very good at teaching her what he thought was the ideal role model!

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Mr. Lobe posted:

This sounds like an accusation with a story behind it

If you don't think the Ren faire crowd is full of druggie burners having polyamorus orgies between faires and burning man, buddy, you've got some growing up to do

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Rotten Red Rod posted:

If you don't think the Ren faire crowd is full of druggie burners having polyamorus orgies between faires and burning man, buddy, you've got some growing up to do

I've never actually been to a Renaissance fair but it still sounded like that poster had a story to tell

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Mr. Lobe posted:

I've never actually been to a Renaissance fair but it still sounded like that poster had a story to tell

Nerds traveling from all over + corsets = bunch of horny nerds

I went to a Steamcon and it was pretty similar

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Mr. Lobe posted:

Less a story and more a constant state of being

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Happy Underpants posted:

UNLACE SIX BILLION CORSETS

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

SardonicTyrant posted:

Elden Ring corollary: If you meet buddha along the road and can't kill him, it's a skill issue, you're not using the right toolset. For myself, I prefer a strength build because for me it's easier to poise break buddha for a crit.

Suddenly a man wearing only a cauldron appears. His name and purpose, like all true royalty, are the same: Let Me Enlighten Her.

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007

Mr. Lobe posted:

No story, just a few dudes in poofy shirts selling E at ren fairs in the 2000s. They were all losers but most of them were rock-star losers who either became normal or got really into crafty stuff like book binding or beef tallow candles as they got older.

They're mostly gone now since this was in California and as soon as weed became legal most people switched to edibles. Though I haven't been to a ren fair in a long time so maybe the torch is still being carried.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Happy Underpants posted:

No story, just a few dudes in poofy shirts selling E at ren fairs in the 2000s. They were all losers but most of them were rock-star losers who either became normal or got really into crafty stuff like book binding or beef tallow candles as they got older.

They're mostly gone now since this was in California and as soon as weed became legal most people switched to edibles. Though I haven't been to a ren fair in a long time so maybe the torch is still being carried.

For a hot second I thought you were talking about a different kind of E.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Gog-agog kind of functions as a Boddhisattva, if you squint eat the worm :v:

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

A.o.D. posted:

Suddenly a man wearing only a cauldron appears. His name and purpose, like all true royalty, are the same: Let Me Enlighten Her.

For a brief moment, I wondered what Getting over it had to do with it.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Donkringel posted:

Zaid did not get laid so hard it literally caused the wheel to crack. In this way he was always Royalty.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Elissimpark posted:

For a brief moment, I wondered what Getting over it had to do with it.

Royalty is climbing to the top of the world with nothing but your arms and a not-especially-sharp rock on a stick, while an rear end in a top hat talks down to you

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Do you suppose it's likely that the possibility of being interrupted during any attempt at coitus and abducted by dimension-hopping assassins put Zaid off the idea of sex for a while

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Gnome de plume posted:

Do you suppose it's likely that the possibility of being interrupted during any attempt at coitus and abducted by dimension-hopping assassins put Zaid off the idea of sex for a while

Maybe it's the opposite and he needs White Chain and Vigilant Gaze to burst through the door to really get him going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Donkringel posted:

Mr. Fuckdaddy Zaiddy.

Sidenote how is Zaid pronounced?

I have been mentally pronouncing it Zai-ehd, but I can see Zade or Zai-eed.

Theres two names that anglicize to Zaid.
Ones a single syllable, Zade. Sometimes anglicized as Zayd.
the others two syllables, Za-yed. More commonly anglicized as Zayed. Zaïd if you wanna be fancy.

In short, depends where his ancestry's since different places transcribe differently based on local dialects and who was their main source of contact with that language
North Africans transcribe names differently than in the Arabian peninsula due to dialects and the influence of French, for example.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Aug 31, 2023