Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

Breath Ray posted:

it's interesting about vilda. unless im missing somethign the case against is his management in 2022 was affecting the players' emotional state and health, plus his recent applause for rubiales (later criticising him - same sequence as the snmt coach ha). the case for him is he got snwt their first wc with most of their stars missing

I would argue that's more down to the players. but also if the players unanimously feel leadership is treating them in a misogynistic and controlling way to the point of affecting their emptional state and health, no amount of 'well he gets results though' should be considered as justification to continue letting him mistreat them.

Like the problem with forcing grown women to leave their hotel doors unlocked for spontaneous checks until midnight, searching their bags randomly, and not allowing them to leave camp without getting approval from leadership goes way way beyond 'does it affect them on the football field'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

mycatscrimes posted:

Like the problem with forcing grown women to leave their hotel doors unlocked for spontaneous checks until midnight, searching their bags randomly, and not allowing them to leave camp without getting approval from leadership goes way way beyond 'does it affect them on the football field'.

Had to check this because I thought you accidentally muddled up Islamic theocratic state with Spain.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

cagliostr0 posted:

Had to check this because I thought you accidentally muddled up Islamic theocratic state with Spain.

After the Men's world cup, Iberia is now Morocco

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
It's some truly unhinged poo poo

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/DeadlineDayLive/status/1696933873983095015

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
imagine being so much of a sex pest you not only get run out of football you kill your mother too

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

cant believe he still claims it was a mutual kiss when he clearly wrenched her head round 180° exorcist style to kiss her

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Eau de MacGowan posted:

imagine being so much of a sex pest you not only get run out of football you kill your mother too

It’s not an uncommon move for sex pests tho

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

yeah in his mind he’s completely innocent

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

jesus WEP posted:

cant believe he still claims it was a mutual kiss when he clearly wrenched her head round 180° exorcist style to kiss her

lol

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Imagine hating your mother so much that you're willing to be a sex pest live on tv just to get the job done.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/JosimarFotball/status/1697241067991556442?t=p8-JY4iJAn1Sc3nL126l0Q&s=19

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I mean, with a name like Qnet, what can you expect

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
we heard you like human rights abusers so.. etc
xzibit.jpg

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Weird that a company that you can't really figure out what they do might be a front for crime

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

They're not really a Ponzi scheme but definitely a front for crimes

and I've been saying so since they were in League One, to be honest

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

funny that one of the first links for qnet is an official website saying “THE TRUTH ABOUT QNET”, always a good sign for a legitimate business

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

mycatscrimes posted:

I would argue that's more down to the players. but also if the players unanimously feel leadership is treating them in a misogynistic and controlling way to the point of affecting their emptional state and health, no amount of 'well he gets results though' should be considered as justification to continue letting him mistreat them.

ah thanks for the detail. tbh random bag searches and rules about not going awol or partying on work trips dont seem uncommon or extreme to me. sign him up greggy debbie

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
Yeah those silly girls reporting a culture of misogyny making them feel constantly belittled nd dehumanized are probably just whiny bitches who want to go slut it up all night. gently caress off. They literally aren't allowed to lock their hotel room doors so that the male authorities in the Sex Pest Federation can check that they are in bed like good little girls. That's loving insane treatment.

No seriously 'rules about not going awol or partying' is a hell of a way to phrase this, as if it's impossible to set a standard of behavior without contemptously treating women like misbehaving twelve year olds by default. Perhaps this is connected to the pervasive entitlement to women's bodies and systemic disrespect of them the spanish federation is currently displaying? Maybe there is a reason that they want to be allowed to lock their loving hotel rooms in a league headed by a man who sexually assualted a woman on live tv and is now trying to take legal action against her for saying it wasn't ok?

Nah, stupid whores trying to party all night.

mycatscrimes fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Sep 1, 2023

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

mycatscrimes posted:

Yeah those silly girls reporting a culture of misogyny making them feel constantly belittled nd dehumanized are probably just whiny bitches who want to go slut it up all night. gently caress off. They literally aren't allowed to lock their hotel room doors so that the male authorities in the Sex Pest Federation can check that they are in bed like good little girls. That's loving insane treatment.
i don’t think horrid troll breath ray was being entirely serious

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

jesus WEP posted:

i don’t think horrid troll breath ray was being entirely serious

Sorry if I'm misreading. Don't know this person from Adam, misogyny in sports and people breathlessly defending it is currently a bit raw for me,

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

That’s not good. Will have to read this later, if Josimar is on you that’s probably not great.

FullLeatherJacket posted:

They're not really a Ponzi scheme but definitely a front for crimes

and I've been saying so since they were in League One, to be honest

:golfclap:

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Man Utd loaning Greenwood to Getafe

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

Dell_Zincht posted:

Man Utd loaning Greenwood to Getafe

I look forward to Man U doing the same Greenwood handwringing in a years time

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Presumably the plan is to hope everyone forgets.

Any word how much of his wages they're paying to pretend they're not still employing him?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Dudley posted:

Presumably the plan is to hope everyone forgets.

Any word how much of his wages they're paying to pretend they're not still employing him?

all of them

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

vyelkin posted:

all of them

It's this.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

That's what I assumed.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
https://twitter.com/BrasilEdition/status/1666113570210234368

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
Might be worth a sly punt on Getafe making the europa league at this rate.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
There are pics of the Antony assault out there. Time for another internal investigation!

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Antony update:
https://twitter.com/fabrizioromano/status/1698803553538634062?s=46&t=Jl91I_6B7i5oyOtlhhpf1w

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

In order to protect the sanctity of the Brazilian national football team they should suspend Anthony and Richarlison. For the crime of murdering football.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Isn’t Richarlison one of the only rich Brazilians who doesn’t support Bolsonaro

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Thanks Ants posted:

yup. so as hilarious as he's been for Spurs I love him

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I also approve of his stinking it up at Spurs

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

hadji murad posted:

I also approve of his stinking it up at Spurs

yeah but he scored a goal finally!

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Thanks Ants posted:

I don't think there's anything particularly objectionable about Richarlison unless you dislike the clubs he has played for. He seems to really commit to all the attitudes the fans want him to have, and I can't really fault that.

I read this BBC profile of him. He's not the only footballer to somehow crawl out of humble circumstances, of course, but he seems like a pretty decent guy.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/61245518

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
Yeah apologies. My comparing him to Anthony was based purely on how hilariously they both suck on the pitch. It does seem like he's one of the good guys off if.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

You can dislike his tattoos if you want