Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Weather: 94 Degrees F, Feels like 114. 78 degree dew point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

People I was in college with for 2 years only contact me when they need me to do them a favour. They all keep in touch with each other and meet up for drinks and to work with each other all the time, and lucky me I get to see it on their Instagram stories, but they only message me to promote a film they all made together that I wasn't involved in. I used to reply to their stories if something piqued my interest, then I realised over the year since the course finished that I never got any responses from any of them ever, none of them ever messaged me about anything I posted, and basically all contact between us was one-sided. So I gave up.

Now 2 of them have messaged me independently in the last week asking me to either promote a festival that one of them was involved in, or to edit an IMDB film credit that's already there to begin with.

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/6872168882656808197

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
My computer crashed and ate the boot drive. I was gonna build a new one to replace it anyway... Ideally in a few months, after getting to back some stuff up... :sigh:

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I feel like I'm going crazy over here, there's just nothing to do all day except sit around bored, angry and frustrated. I'm too poor to have hobbies and going for walks is fast losing its lustre.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

E: actually no this isn't E/N. I feel a little better having gotten that out of my head, anyway.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 12:52 on Aug 27, 2023

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I got a chest infection over a week ago and this disgusting chesty cough just will not shift and I'm sick of it. I've pulled all sorts of muscles in my ribs and shoulders from coughing so hard and it hurts. This is a yearly thing for me and always has been but I always forget how much it sucks.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
My friend, whom I have known for over 15 years, spent the past few weeks working overtime, and helping her spouse (I'm not sure exactly if I should say spouse, husband or wife, because her significant other is mtf transgender but isn't out yet and does not identify as nonbinary but will go with female and C as name) get ready for a vacation. No my friend doesn't get to go on vacation, this is just for her spouse. My friend gets to stay home, work from home, take care of their 4-year-old child, even though money is very tight and they can't afford this vacation. But C insisted and said it would be great for her mindset, Plus she hasn't seen these friends in years.

So C's been gone since Saturday and was supposed to be flying back to town this upcoming Sunday. My friend got a frantic text and call that C needs to come home ASAP and is getting a one-way ticket tonight and that she made a mistake.

Turns out C, who was staying with friends, asked friend host if sex was on the table, if it was a possibility at all. friend freaked out, everyone in the friend group found out about it, and C was kicked out, and having nowhere to go, has to come home now.

My friend has been married for 12 years. She moved to to another country to be with C. She has stood by C throughout all kinds of verbal abuse from C's parents, helping her transition as much as she wanted, and being supportive non-stop. C has never once done anything for her birthday, holidays, or even mother's Day.

And of course, while she is begging for forgiveness, my friend is saying that nothing actually happened, and they did discuss opening the relationship a while ago but it was just talk.

There's nothing I can do to really support my friend in this other than to text her but part of me is not at all surprised.. okay, none of me is surprised.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Currently under a tree playing chicken with lightning because the alternative is getting cold cocked by hail. This would be a lovely summer storm if it wasn't winter.

update: didn't die, didn't make it home dry though.

Inceltown has a new favorite as of 08:07 on Aug 30, 2023

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

My girlfriend left me. The other guy sounds amazing, and I really, truly, genuinely hope that she's happy with him. But I think I'm done with relationships. I'm tired of never being good enough, and being left behind when the honeymoon period wears off.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Dad is in the hospital after an ablation procedure on his kidney, it bled enough that he got a 5-6cm clot in his bladder. Been there a couple days & they're finally putting him under to break it up manually, but he's been in pain & miserable since last Friday. Hoping it all gets flushed out & he won't have to worry about it. On top of that I found out my mom went back to smoking cigs again, making her COPD worse & now she needs oxygen 24/7 since she can barely walk to/from the bathroom at home. I feel for her but also resent the fact that she's so loving stubborn & I'm having to take time away from work to help my dad because she can't put the goddamn cigarettes down. She's constantly sick, wheezing, hacking & her voice is raspy as hell but god forbid she stop the nicotine train & get better for her family. Found out she even fought with my dad about it & made some really lovely personal remarks that almost made him break down...I'm really, really loving close to calling out all her bullshit & shoving it in her face because most times she forgets how much I actually remember about her petty, vindictive behavior toward people.

I'm just...loving exhausted, disappointed, angry & sad all at once. Hate seeing my folks go through this & doubly hate that my mom is loving 71 going on 15 apparently & never matured past "moody bitch teenager". :smith:

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
To no one's surprise, least of all mine, friend took back her cheating spouse. But it wasn't cheating, okay? Because C went there (or says she did) without the intent to cheat. But went to visit friends, a pair of who are cis lesbians. Now something I did not know: C has not physically transitioned and has no plans to. So this shmuck went to a very attractive lesbian cis pair and asked if they would be interested. They were promptly not. Oh, and bonus points: C had my friend shave her because she is apparently super hairy and wanted to try and "pass in another city where not many people know me."

Totally didn't have an intent to hook up with people though.

All of this cost my friend about a week of bad sleep, solo parenting and home care, oh can't forget helping with C's sister who is in hospice....and about $1200 taken from their kid's college fund. But don't worry, C plans to pay it back with her next bonus.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
My ex and the guy she left me for showed up at a show I was wanting to see. I hate them; I moved sixty miles away just to avoid them and they still loving show up.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

I've been losing weight and slowly started getting into exercising more. (Down like 13kg since spring.)
I offhandedly asked a coworker I've gone on a couple hikes with how much he weighs, since we're roughly the same height. And I figured dropping down to his weight could be a nice goal.
Turns out I weigh less than him already, but still look like a big ol' fatso compared to him. (I always assumed he was in the 70kg range (~140?), not 80s.).
So just another reminder that I'm built like a fat dwarf and won't ever look slim.

Also we went on a company hike recently (A pretty hard one, the first 1.5 km or so goes up 780m in elevation.).
And while I was hoping to atleast be in the upper 50%, I was probably in the bottom 25%, and got passed by most of the middle aged office ladies and etc during the way up.

A lot of work and effort and it still feels like I've essentially achieved nothing, gained nothing, seen no real change, and it just feels so goddamn poo poo. Really demotivating, and I've been in a sour mood all week.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Put a 13kg pack on and go walk that hill again and see how you feel. That kind of hill would destroy me and I run regular marathons (but in flat areas so no real hill training to speak of)

Your achievements already are nothing to be ashamed of.

If you've been enjoying your hiking and can readily get to hills like that you can absolutely dominate things just by hiking up hills on the regular. That will really help you put on some muscle which is a lot denser than fat is and even if you've hit your goal weight will start making you look leaner.

Don't let this discourage you and instead use it to motivate you to keep pushing yourself along on this journey.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Biplane posted:

I feel like I'm going crazy over here, there's just nothing to do all day except sit around bored, angry and frustrated. I'm too poor to have hobbies and going for walks is fast losing its lustre.

Hobbies don't have to be expensive! A pencil and sketchbook can go a long way.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

SubNat posted:

I've been losing weight and slowly started getting into exercising more...

Even if you think you can't see it, even if it takes you a while to build up stamina, don't let that poo poo discourage you! I recently started to feel unwell and it turns out I lost enough weight that my BP meds were now overdosed and actually giving me low BP - by next year I might not need any at all and that's loving awesome.

Also remember you see yourself every day so you don't notice yourself losing weight as much.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Nthing others opinions abojt how you should feel proof of yourself. You’ve accomplished so much already. Now start mixing steroids in to increase workout gains and watch your self confidence skyrocket!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

My girlfriend leaves me, my computer lobotomizes itself, and now forget 'back to square one' on saving up to build a new one, I'm almost flat loving broke because Mom needed 250 bucks before Monday or the electricity was going to be cut off. Can the universe stop making GBS threads in my cereal already?!

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Inceltown posted:

Put a 13kg pack on and go walk that hill again and see how you feel. That kind of hill would destroy me and I run regular marathons (but in flat areas so no real hill training to speak of)

Yeah jesus christ that's >50% slope for over a kilometer. Give yourself a pat on the back for making it, I've seen people fitter than me get wiped out by less than that.

EDIT: Also note that if you're actively in the process of losing weight your body is cannibalizing muscle, even if you're complementing diet with exercise. It's very easy to get disheartened because physical activity will feel more difficult than it should but you're laying the foundations for it to feel much better and easier in the future.

the holy poopacy has a new favorite as of 15:53 on Sep 8, 2023

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I got laid off, my income was 75% of our household income.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Ah poo poo, thanks goons. I've just been in a real funk the last while, but these replies and encouragement have seriously made my day. :unsmith:
I've been struggling with rebuilding my life the last few years, so I've been so obsessed with fixing up and improving everything I can that I haven't really been appreciating the progress I have managed to do.
Really hoping I can hop back and take the same hike again next year and crush it.
(poo poo, it's so dusty in here right now.)

And dam, congrats gschmidl, best of luck with continuing that, and getting off the medication.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I've had a really annoying week because the phones at work stopped working properly and started dropping calls all over the place, which meant greatly inflated queues as people were calling three times in a row to try to get their queries answered.

We've been hoping for a fix soon which still hasn't come, but it's been happening the whole week and it makes it way more stressful than it should be. Didn't help that it temporarily got worse on Wednesday as the headsets also broke so we had to take calls through our work mobiles.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

After 4 weeks in a row of losing a family member or close friend, please give me a week to mentally process it all.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Hm. I must be taking the breakup harder than I'd realized, my stuttering is back. I'd noticed I was doing it appreciably less when we started going out, and just now I could barely finish a single damned sentence to my dad. Great, throw it on the pile of poo poo to go wrong for me this month, what's one more :shepface:

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
Facebook just notified me that today is my best friend's birthday! And on his Facebook page is where I discovered he's been dead for months and nobody told me :(

edit: jesus loving christ and I just learned he was shot multiple times while attempting a home invasion

gently caress!

credburn has a new favorite as of 21:26 on Sep 10, 2023

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

well gently caress man that's horrible

I got called a child murdering pedophile terrorist and threatened with extermination on Facebook by a failed Cutco salesman with an anime little girl profile pic because I had the audacity to, uh

checking notes

because I don't like JK Rowling.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Got to go to kmart and buy some clothes for my friends grandfather because he's ended up in the hospital dementia ward with only a pair of crocs. So now shopping for clothes needs to be done so he can be flown interstate so they can get better care for him near them. We can't go to his place to get him clothes because all the locks were recently changed because his carer was stealing from him.

So I guess I'm not having anywhere near as bad a day as my friends are but it's still a pretty grim situation to be involved in.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
We’re getting ready for a goddam transatlantic flight at 3 in the morning and somehow the mormon missionaries knew we will be awake at this time and knock

1. How did they know

2. This house has standards. The standards are being polite enough to open the door and polite enough to never ever become mormon. We’re already orthodox here and I’m sorry Jesus didn’t write that book, we shall not put on the magic underwear

Good day turned annoying by weird robots from Utah :argh:

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Likely passing a kidney stone atm

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

my coworkers suck. I have a sore throat. I sat down in my car to leave work, started it up, and my low beam warning light turned on. I walk out to check and sure enough one of my low beams is out. as I walk around to get back in my car the sole of my shoe falls off.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's almost comical.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I'm a (transgender) Lyft driver and I had a woman call the cops on me and make disgusting comments about my genitals because I asked her if she could please not scream in my ear while talking on the phone with someone.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Got job at grocery store as a cashier. Eh, whatever, it's a job. But it's making my carpal tunnel syndrome flare back up such that i have been having trouble sleeping, and completely unable to enjoy my day off today because of how much my wrist hurts. Guess I'm gonna have to splint both hands at work, since i apparently start abusing the left if i only do the right.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

venus de lmao posted:

I'm a (transgender) Lyft driver and I had a woman call the cops on me and make disgusting comments about my genitals because I asked her if she could please not scream in my ear while talking on the phone with someone.
eject her from the vehicle for making you feel unsafe imo

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Facilities are messing with the fire alarms, the panel for which is for some reason in my office. I've got ear piercing alarms going and assholes coming up to me complaining about them. WTF am I supposed to do about it? Entitled fuckers.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I climbed into bed and not a minute later a cricket inside the wall has decided now is the time to sing me the song of its people

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Captain Invictus posted:

It's almost comical.

I was thinking of posting that in the "Why was your day awesome?" thread because I got a good laugh about it a few minutes later but then I thought "you know, some of us are passing kidney stones and could maybe use a light chuckle."

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Captain Invictus posted:

I climbed into bed and not a minute later a cricket inside the wall has decided now is the time to sing me the song of its people

It's trying to give you a lullaby :3:

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Captain Invictus posted:

AFAIK crickets do that to attact mates, so I think the cricket is asking you to come get that crickussy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

BioEnchanted posted:

It's trying to give you a lullaby :3:
It's not the chirp chirp chirp kind. It's the TETETETETETETETETETETETETETETE kind. It's the worst

Marcade posted:

AFAIK crickets do that to attact mates, so I think the cricket is asking you to come get that crickussy.
just the worst pickup singing imaginable, like walking up to a girl in a bar and then screaming in her face until you pass out